The Unwanted Marriage (UNDER...

By RafahStafford

Ever since Althea Evans's parents passed away from a horrific accident, her life turned upside down. Thea is... More

TROPES
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
33: the Last Day
34: the Promotion
35: The truth of the past
36: Old times
37: Girls talk
38: Upset
39: Arguing
40: Sort things out
41: Made up
42: Family time
43: Baby talk
44: Old bestfriend
45: Surprise
46: Baby names
47: Josh
48: After the kiss
49: School moments
50: Midnight craving
51: Baby's room
52: Pain
53: Numb
54: The Voicemail
55: Nicholas
56: Dinner & Plan
57: The wedding
58: Honeymoon
59: Flashback
60: It's time
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter (1)
Bonus Chapter (2)
Bonus Chapter (3)
UNDER EDITING

Chapter 3

66.3K 1.8K 407
By RafahStafford

THEA

From: Greyson Scott
Morning babes! Boss is throwing a gathering party in his house, @ 2 P.M today. Text me your address, I'll pick you up around 1.

After replying to his text with my address, I opened my wardrobe to pick my outfit for the party. It was only 10 A.M now, I had a few hours to get ready. I heard our boss would throw a gathering party every once in a while in house for us the colleagues to get to know each others. It was so thoughtful of him.

I was about to get ready when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. When I opened it, Arthur stood behind it, hands in his pockets. Instantly, the memories of our argument last night filled my head.

"Yes?"

"Can I come in?"

No, I didn't want him too. But I was curious as to why he was here. I opened the door wider to let him in. He looked around the room like it was his first time coming here. It actually was. He had never been to my bedroom, not for the last 6 months.

"Going somewhere?" his eyes found my cloths on the bed, alongside with my knickers and bra.

I blushed and immediately hide them under the pillow. "I was invited to a work party."

"On Sunday?"

"Yes, hence why it was called a party." I didn't need to tell him the details. "So, why are you here again?"

He stared at me for a moment then cleared his throat. "I want to talk about last night. I was unnecessary rude to you, and you were hurt by everything I had said. You were right, you didn't deserve it. So.. yeah."

I looked at him and wondered who the hell was this person in front of me. "That was the shittiest apology someone has ever said to me."

Where's the "I'm sorry for hurting you", "I apologize for speaking to you like that", where's the apology?

"That's my way to apologize."

"Then you have a shitty way of doing it," I shook my head in disbelief. "Whatever, I didn't expect much from you. We've been bickering for months, it was bound to happen anyway.. us arguing."

His words did hurt me last night but it wasn't the first time his words hurt me. I was used to it. It was how we were.

Arthur was quiet, he just stared at me and I wondered what was going on inside his head.

"If there's nothing you want to say to me again, I'd like to get ready."

He just nodded and proceed to leave my room. I closed the door behind him and got ready for the party.

Under the shower, I couldn't help but wondered what the hell just happened back there.

*

The party was nice. I got to meet more people from the company and got to know them, it was nice to meet other people.

We gathered in the backyard and watched as Matthew gave a talk about work in his company, he gave a great motivation speech about it. It was no secret that everyone loved our boss because Matthew was just really kind and generous, also care for his employees. He even liked to play football with his employees on the weekend every once in a while, and specifically told us to never see him as a boss but as a friend.

"He's so perfect, isn't he?" Greyson let out a dreamy sigh as he watched our boss excused himself.

I shook my head. "Isn't he married or something?"

"He's not, otherwise we would meet his wife in every gathering party."

He had a point.

I didn't know much about Matthew except that he was 35 years old and had been running the company for the last 3 years, after his father stepped out of the position due to medical condition.

Everyone in the company said that he was different with his father. While Wilson Sr. was uptight and strict, Matthew was easy-going. It was why everyone enjoyed working with him. I did too.

"I need to use the bathroom, do you guys know where it is?"

"Second door to your left." Greyson pointed inside the house.

I excused myself and went to the bathroom. After I had done my business, I walked out of the room to find Matthew just walked by. He noticed me and stopped.

"Hey, Thea."

"Hi, Matt." I smiled at him. "Nice party."

"Thank you. Did you have fun?"

"I did, actually. Your speech was great. I can see why everyone enjoys working with you."

"I couldn't have done it without them, it's a team work."

"I agreed with that."

He smiled. "Anyway, have you been to my art room?"

"You have an art room?"

"I do. Wanna check it out?"

"Sure."

Why not? I love arts.

He lead me to the room in the corner of the house. The room was painted in plain white but every side of the walls were hung many canvas painting. I stepped closer to get a better look. Every paintings were nothing but amazing.

"Did you do all of these?

"I did."

"Wow, that's amazing. You really are talented, Matt."

"Thank you. I like to paint whenever I have free time. I put my thoughts and work into these paintings."

I nodded in response, unable to say anything else as I was amazed by his painting skill. I looked at every paintings, with him following behind me. Then my eyes stopped on this portrait of a man and a woman dancing in the beach and my heart just skipped. Suddenly life just flashed in front of me.

I felt Matthew stood beside me. "You like it?"

I nodded. "I do. It reminds me of my parents."

"It does?"

"When I was young, my parents loved to take me to the beach. I just sat down on the shore while they danced like the world was theirs," I smiled at the memories of my parents. "This, this painting, is like my point of view, watching my parents dancing together.. like the old times."

The memories were still vivid, like it was just yesterday that we were in the beach together.

"Sounds like a nice memory. Do they still take you to the beach now?"

I smiled sadly. "No, they have passed away 2 years ago."

It was quiet. I didn't look at Matthew to see how he looked. I just stared at the painting, reminiscing one of many happy memories with my parents.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, Thea. I really do." I heard him said.

I nodded. "It's okay. Thank you, I really appreciate that."

We then stood in silence. I couldn't take my eyes off the painting, it felt so real to me to look at it. It was like I was watching my parents dancing right here, right now.

Suddenly, Matthew unhooked the painting on wall. "Here, you can take this painting home."

My eyes snapped at him. "What?"

"I want you to have it. It seems to bring good memories about your parents to you."

I shook my head. "Oh, no, no, I really appreciate the offer, thank you so much but you don't have to do that."

"But I want to," he said instantly. "I want you to have something to remind you of your parents. You need it more than I do. I can always paint another one."

I wanted to cry so badly. My boss was so nice to me, I didn't deserve it.

Without waiting for my response, he put the painting into the goody bag and handed it to me. "Take it as my welcoming gift to you, will you?"

I looked at the painting then at him. "Okay. Thank you for your kindness, I really appreciate it."

"Don't mention it."

We headed back to his backyard, he excused himself to talk to other people and I came back to my previous spot. I had to hide the painting in kitchen so everyone including my bestfriends wouldn't ask me how I got it, the last thing I wanted was a gossip from other colleagues.

The day had come to an end, everyone had started to leave, including Greyson 2 hours ago as his cousin just got into labor. I glanced at my wristwatch to see it was already 7 P.M, I had better head home. I bid my goodbye to Bella and looked for Matthew, I found him in the kitchen.

"Hey," I tapped on his shoulder, he turned around. "I'm heading back home. Thank you for inviting me today, it was a nice party."

"You're most welcome, thank you for coming too. Do you need a ride? I'm about to leave to buy more drinks too."

"Erm.. okay, if it's alright with you."

"Come on."

We got into his car and he pulled the driveways. We didn't talk much in the car, the only sound filled the car was Miley Cyrus singing Nothing Breaks Like A Heart on the radio. I kept thinking about what happened with Matthew and I the past few days.

Well, he only drove me home twice but I didn't want it to become a habit. I shouldn't have accepted his offer to take me home tonight, as I thought about it. He was friendly, too friendly. He even gave me one of his paintings as a gift. Did he do that to other colleague?

We finally reached my house, I thanked him and got out of the car. As I pressed the bell on the door, Matthew got out of the car.

"Hey, you left this." he carried the goody bag where I left the painting.

"Oh, right. I'm so sorry, thank you." I took it from his hand.

"No worries. I'll see you at work tomorrow"

I just nodded and waved goodbye as he left. I walked in the house and went straight to my room. But as I reached the top of stairs, I jumped as I saw Arthur leaning against the wall beside my bedroom door.

And he didn't look happy. No, he looked furious.

*

ARTHUR

I saw them.

I saw her with that boss of her again.

I saw her smiling at that bastard and I really wanted to punch him in the face. I didn't like the idea of her enjoying another man's company, certainly not her boss'.

"What did I tell you about being with another man?"

I tried to stay calm, I really did. But it was hard when all I wanted to do was to punish her for not listening to me. For disobeying me.

"Huh?"

I slowly approached her, she instantly took a step back. If she could see how furious I was, she didn't show it. I didn't stop until her back hit the wall behind her.

"Tell me, were you enjoying your boss' company?"

She gulped. "I-I don't know what you're talking about."

Her lips slightly parted and God forbid I wanted to kiss the hell out of her. To finally taste that lips and find out if she tasted as sweet as she was in my dreams. I wanted to wrap my fist around her hair until she was on my mercy. My cock swelled inside my pants at the thought. I hadn't fucked anyone but my hand since we got married.

The woman had been testing me all week, all those 6 months.

"Are you fucking him? Is that it?"

Her eyes widen. "You are crazy, he is my boss! I don't see him that way, I respect him."

I believed her. But didn't mean I would let this night go. Her boss had driven her home twice. I didn't like that.

"I meant it when I said I don't like to share what's mine."

"I'm not yours, Arthur." she whispered.

She was wrong. She was always mine, even when I didn't want her.

I leaned a few inches until I could feel her breath on my lips, the need to claim her was at the edge of my lips. Her gaze met mine, and they dilated.

Fuck. She was as turned on as I was. I fucking knew it.

And something inside me just snapped. I cursed under my breath and slammed my lips on hers, finally tasting those soft lips I had been dreaming for weeks. Months even. I kissed her like I was starving, like she was the only meal I could have. It was addicting.

We had kissed before. On our wedding day. But it only lasted for 2 seconds. Now that I had finally tested her lips, feeling them on mine, I didn't think I could survive without it.

I pressed my cock on her stomach, she gasped at the feeling of it. I was so hard, so desperate for a release. But I couldn't take her. I could never take her. Because taking her was not going to be a one time thing, that was for sure. It would be forever. And I didn't want that. I had already broke one of my rules by kissing her. I was not going to break another one by taking her.

As much as I enjoyed the kiss, I had to break it.

"Go to your room, Thea." I didn't recognize my own voice. It was raw, desperate after the kiss.

"Arthur.."

"Go. To. Your. Room. And remember what I said. I don't share."

It took everything in me to release her. She took it as a sign, she left to her room without looking back.

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.6K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
6M 206K 52
She has it all except his heart. She had done both amazing and ridiculous things but was still treated as a wallflower. She's been a good wife. Bu...
319K 18.4K 58
Two stubborn people. One secret. An unwanted union. And God who put them together. When Jack and Perli marry, there's no doubt that at least one of t...
1.1M 43.1K 35
*It is not love that is blind, but we that are blind to love* When Cecilia's abusive father gambles her to her childhood enemy, forcing the two to ma...