Drug Lord

By jlenanicole

"That single thought is enough. The impulse increases to a wish, the wish to a desire, the desire to an uncon... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Author's Note
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Another Author's Note
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV

Chapter XIX

3.6K 115 12
By jlenanicole

I open my eyes to Ever's dimly lit bedroom. I see the sun is just beginning to rise outside, telling me that's it's probably around six in the morning. I roll onto my back and look around: I am in his bed, but the spot beside me is still made. I don't smell his scent. I sigh in relief that he didn't sleep next to me.

I must have fallen asleep in Ever's embrace, after crying and yelling until I no longer could. I don't remember being put into bed.

As I lay, everything that happened yesterday replays in my head like a film.

He won't let me free. He said it. If Shawn did offer to pay him back, he would still keep me. Was this even about the money to begin with? This is all starting to seem like it has little to do with the money, and everything to do with me. Why? What did I do to him?

A single tear falls from the corner of my eye.

I will escape. Even if it means my death.

I hop out of bed and navigate to the door - I'm not surprised to find that it's locked. Next I find my way to the large window in which I had spotted the sun from. I'm on the second story, but I can figure something out. I try to pull the window up with all my might - once again, locked. I look around the room in an attempt to locate something strong enough to break the glass. My eyes move to a black lamp on the bedside table. I pick it up, and find that it's actually quite heavy.

It will do.

My hands still chained together, I remove the shade from the lamp, throw it across the room and grip the narrow top that holds the bulb, as if it's a handle. I move back to the window and take a deep breath. I spot a ledge that I can crawl onto once I'm outside.

It's now or never.

With all of my force I swing the base of the light into the window. The horrid sound of glass breaking fills the quiet room, and I know that I have to move fast.

I then realize that the window didn't even bare a scratch. The only thing broken was the lamp.

I stand still, staring at the unscathed window before me.

Hopeless.

I hear the door open hastily behind me, and turn to see Angela's startled, worried face. We stare at each other for a moment. Realization slowly hits her. 

"Sweetheart, what have you done?"

Before I can say a word, Ever appears behind her. Towering. Concerned. He puts his hand on the door frame, and leans in closer, over Angela.

His eyes travel to mine, down to the floor full of glass, and then dart back to me. I can visibly see him swallow. His knuckles turn white.

"Angela, go down stairs. Make breakfast."

I can see her eyes reflect terror at his request.

"But sir, I need to clean up the-"

"Go. Downstairs." He commands her through gritted teeth, but his eyes don't leave me. He is dripping with fire.

She shoots me an apologetic look before doing as she is told. He steps to the side to let her pass, then proceeds into the room with purpose. The door slams behind him.

He puts his hands into his pockets and takes unbearably slow strides towards me. I take a step back each time he steps forward. He stops, and looks down to the glass beneath his feet. I can hear the pieces crunch beneath his weight.

"I had the windows replaced before your arrival. You're a smart little girl, I'm surprised you hadn't considered that."

His long arm extends to the window, other hand still in his pocket; he taps his finger against it and looks over to me, his expression cold, seething.

"They're bullet proof."

He begins his slow strides in my direction once more, and again, I involuntarily back away.

Ever takes notice and his lips turn up into a half smile. An absolutely wicked one.

"Hm. Tell me, where exactly do you think you're going to go, princess?"

I jump when I feel my back hit the wall. He stops only a few feet away from me.

"The room ends right where you're standing. The only door is locked, and the only window - well, you've already tried that route, haven't you?"

"Please, just get out!"

In one swift movement my body is shoved into the wall behind me, his hand grasps my throat tightly. My fingers instantly move to his grip in an attempt to pry them from me. His grip only tightens. My eyes begin to water and I look up to him pleadingly. Our eyes meet and my heart stops. 

His jaw is clenched and his expression reads as if he is disgusted with me - but his eyes! His eyes are absolutely swimming with emotion. What startles me is that I can read all of them, within only a few seconds. They're full of fury, and disappointment, and.. and arousal? All simultaneously. A foreign feeling aches in the pit of my tummy. It falters nearly as quickly as it appears, but somehow I feel as if Ever had seen it, had felt it pulsate inside of me. For a moment, I feel shame. 

He bends down, moving his lips only a few inches away from my ear before whispering to me harshly,

"I want you to learn very, very quickly that your actions here will bare consequences. It is taking absolutely everything in me not to demonstrate that to you. But I know that this is new - that you are frightened, so I'm going to let this slide. Once, and once only."

He has migrated unbearably close now, I can feel his lips touching my ear. His breath is tickling me, causing goosebumps to raise on my skin. 

"If you try anything like this again, I will not hesitate, Ori. I will chain you to this bed, I will absolutely tear your ass up, and then I will leave you here unattended for days. Is that understood?"

I try to nod my head through his grasp. His grip loosens a tad and his voice whispers deeply, harshly, directly into my ear once again.

"Use words. Are you going to be a good girl for daddy?"

Embarrassment washes over me instantaneously. Blood rushes to my face. I don't know how to respond, and I don't want to respond. I know that it is in my best interest to answer, but I physically cannot form words.

"Speak." He demands, calmly now, in a voice that sounds as if it's almost meant to be comforting.

"Yes." I somehow muster.

"Yes, you'll do what?"

I ponder for a moment.

"Yes, I'll be a good girl.... I won't try to escape."

His body retracts almost immediately. My legs are jelly. I lean against the wall for support as I breathe heavily, in an attempt to regain oxygen. 

He stands straight and adjusts the cuffs of his suit. 

"Good. Glad that we're on the same page now. You could have seriously hurt yourself." 

Ever walks back to the door, but stops and turns around before exiting. He licks his lips and his brows crease. He seems to be considering the words that are about to leave his lips. 

"Ori.... I want you to be happy here. I know that doesn't seem like a possibility right now, but you must believe me when I say that I've made crazier things happen. It's only as far out of reach as you make it." 

He pauses as if he is waiting on me to reply, but I say nothing. I only look down. I hear him sigh from across the room. 

"Don't go near the glass. Angela will be here shortly to clean up the mess and to bring your breakfast. Soon, we'll discuss boundaries. Rules. Rewards. I don't intend to keep you locked up in here forever. Okay?"

I remain silent and consider his words. They make me sick to my stomach. 

"Okay, Miss Hawthorne?" He irritatedly pushes for my answer. 

"Okay." 

I can feel that he is about to speak again, and I already know what he wants. 

"Okay, sir." I  force the words through my clenched teeth and bring my eyes to his. 

Even after I address him properly, he, yet again, does not seem pleased with my answer. 

Wait. Does he.. does he actually want me to call him.. No. He's not serious. He was only toying with me because I accidentally said it. Because he knows it humiliated me. Because he is cruel. 

He really seems like he is contemplating asking again, but he lets it go, and leaves the room. 

I slide down the wall until my butt hits the ground, and put my head in between my knees. 

I will escape. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 61 12
A Raven's love is eternal and pure, far surpassing that of a doves fleeting beauty, yet it is forever obscured by the cloak of darkness. Caged birds...
8.3M 197K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
1.5K 181 58
THEY CALL HIM RECKLESS That was an understatement. Sebastian was the most attractive, dangerous, horrifying man in the entire state of Washington. He...
394K 7.2K 50
"You think I don't have control over you?" He asked darkly while looking at me like he could rip me to pieces. I stared at him with fear, "I-" "Ever...