King Edmund the Just : A Life...

By hannahgracexxx

It's 1941, Alexis Knight thinks she is just a normal girl from England, that is until she gets accidentally p... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
SEQUEL SNIPPET
Chapter Twenty-Three
#WattyAwards2015
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Conclusion

Chapter One

20.6K 453 332
By hannahgracexxx

Everyone grew miserable when it was time for school to return, except me. At boarding school, the teachers would drill in our subjects such as Math, English and French as if there was no tomorrow. But that was better than having to live with my horrible Aunt Mildred who would drink away the day.

That's where I was, waiting for the underground tube to take me back to school, minding my own business, when three boys who looked my age barged into me. I felt myself lose balance and start falling towards the tracks. I closed my eyes waiting for impact but it never came. I opened my eyes to see a slightly older boy with sandy, blonde hair was clutching onto my sleeve.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

I nodded and mumbled a small thank you and brushed myself off.

The three boys laughed in our direction and the blonde haired boy spun around.

"Aren't you going to say sorry?" He growled.

"Why should we? She was in our way. She should apologise!" A boy with red hair snickered.

"I'm not going to apologise! You're the one who pushed me!" I called back.

One of the boys spat in our direction.

The sandy blonde lunged forwards and threw a punch in the opponents directions. The crowd parted for them and the other two boys joined in, punching and kicking each other.

I yelled for them to stop, but it made no difference, everyone had formed a circle around them and were chorusing "Fight!" It was 3 against 1 and the sandy blonde was fighting a losing battle.

"Peter!" Two girls screamed from the crowd for the blonde. He made the mistake of glancing up, and therefore getting distracted and being thrown up against the wall. Someone pushed threw the crowd and jumped onto one of the boys fighting Peter. He had brown hair and a similar build to Peter.

A man in an army uniform pushed through everyone, blowing his whistle and shoving the boys away from each other. "Act your age!" He growled at them and the crowd broke apart.

I slowly walked over to Peter. "Thank you, you really didn't have to do that." I said shyly.

Peter turned around and gave a small smile, "they needed to learn some respect."

"Thanks." I smiled.

"I'm Peter Pevensie, these are my sisters Susan and Lucy and my brother Edmund." He introduced, holding out his hand, his siblings followed.

"I'm Alexis Knight, but Alexis can be a bother so choose a short name out of that, some go for A or Ally, but I prefer Alex or Lexi." I rambled. I shut my mouth and blushed, I had a habit if talking quickly. Word vomit my mother used to call it.

"Pleasure to meet you Lexi." Edmund chuckled and shook my hand first with a warm smile. The rest of them did too.

We walked over to a bench and sat down. "You go to Saint Finbar's too, how come I've never seen you before?" Susan asked.

"I'm new and I don't like to make a big deal about it." I shrugged with a small smile.

"Ow!" Lucy squealed, jumping up.

"Lu?" Susan questioned.

"Something pinched me!"

"Hey! Stop pulling!" Peter exclaimed, jolting to the side away from Edmund.

"I'm not touching you!" Edmund protested.

"Look!" Lucy pointed to the train, running extremely fast past the platform. "It feels like magic!"

"Do you think we're going back?" Edmund yelled.

Going back where? Magic? Was this some kind of trick?

The platform bricks were crumbling apart and the station was disappearing but none of the other people on the platform seemed to notice.

"Hold hands!" Susan ordered.

A sweaty hand grabbed mine, and just in time as the station completely disappeared. I closed my eyes.

____

My feet landed with a thud and I felt myself falling backwards into something soft. I dug my hands into the ground only to discover it was sand. I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in some sort of tunnel and in the distance was the bright, blue sea. Nothing you would see in London.

"Peter, Susan, Edmund! We're in Narnia again!"

Narnia?

The four teenagers darted off to the water, flinging off their shoes and coats.

I stood up and brushed off the sand, I didn't know where I was and I was pretty sure that I wasn't supposed to be here. Was there some way to get back to London? I stood up and walked to the rocks, where we seemed to have come from, but it was just a solid wall.

Should I go find the others? I contemplated. It was the best and only idea I had, maybe they new how to get back, after all they've been here before.

"H-hello?" I yelled out to them. Peter turned around and his mouth dropped.

"How did you get here?" He called, his face turning into a frown.

"I don't know, someone grabbed my hand."

"Oh no!" Edmund groaned standing up in the water. "I think that was me, I'm so sorry!"

"Edmund!" Susan scolded. "Do you know what danger you have brought to her?"

"I'm sorry ok! You said to hold hands and I thought it was one if you guys!"

"Are you stupid!" Peter yelled. "She isn't supposed to be here! We are the four Kings and Queens of Narnia, there isn't five if us."

They're royalty?

"Maybe there is another role for her?" Lucy suggested, give me a small, reassuring smile. "Aslan is quite mysterious."

"Lucy, Aslan isn't here." Peter answered, looking around.

"What do you propose we do?" Susan asked Peter.

"Is there anyway I can get home?" I spoke.

Peter shook his head, "Not until Aslan says so. Maybe if Edmund hadn't been so foolish, you would have gotten here in the first place!"

"I said I didn't know!" Edmund yelled.

"Stop!" Lucy screamed over the two boys bickering. Edmund and Peter looked up. Lucy was pointing to the cliff above us.

"That's strange. I don't remember there being any ruins in Narnia." Edmund said, brushing sand off his knees.

"There isn't ." Susan added.

"What is Narnia?" I asked finally, the one question I wanted answered after all this time.

Lucy turned to me, "This is Narnia, another world. We found it in a wardrobe when we were evacuated because of the bombings, a year ago. Peter is High King Peter, the Magnificent. Susan is known as High Queen Susan, the Gentle, Edmund is King Edmund the Just and I'm Queen Lucy the Valiant."

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to bow before them, so I just lowered my head.

"Please don't." Edmund grinned , "you don't have to do that, in London we're just normal people."

I smiled and nodded. "Do you come here often?" I asked and we started to climb the hill to the cliff.

Peter shook his head. "Last time was when Narnia needed us. But I don't see anyone having trouble now."

"That's the thing Peter, there isn't anyone." Susan pointed out.

We reached the ruins and began to wander around. Grass and wildflowers were growing around the stone rubble.

"Who do you suppose lived here?" I asked, picking up a piece from a chess set.

"Hey, that's from my chess set." Edmund gasped, gently taking the piece out of my hand.

"Which chess set?" Peter said.

"I don't exactly remember having a solid gold chess set back in Finchley." Edmund chuckled.

"I think we lived here. Peter come stand here, Susan you here and Edmund here!" Lucy exclaimed pointing to small chunks. They did as they were told and then Lucy took her spot.

"Cair Paravel."

---------------------------------

So I'm back with another fanfiction!!! Please vote and comment, I appreciate it so much as I have worked very hard on this fanfic.

My Harry Potter fanfiction has over almost 4k likes all together!! I feel like I can't thank everyone enough!!! Thank you! ! If you haven't read it, check it out! :P http://www.wattpad.com/story/8234763-that-one-marauder-who-captured-my-heart 

I plan to keep the updates of this fanfic frequent...maybe once a week? 

Love,
H xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.6K 3.2K 30
World War 2 is still in full force, and James Pevensie was stuck unwillingly in England. More than anything, he wanted to be back in Narnia, and he k...
59.9K 1.4K 52
Her mother was one of the few who still believed Aslan would return. Her father and even her brother didn't believe much anymore... And even after h...
211K 5.3K 62
Completed A Peter Pevensie Story Stumbling upon an entire new world just behind a door, Aria had her prophecy written from ancient times and it was n...
2.7K 80 12
"The sons of Adam and daughters of Eve shall rule, but the oldest daughter shall never be equal to her siblings" Anne Pevensie was constantly oversha...