Happy-Go-Unlucky (Jung Hoseok...

By nini_hiddles

"Fate has a weird way of bringing two people together." In which a mentally and emotionally lost man meets a... More

Chapter One: Goodbye, Everyone
Chapter Two: The Angel
Chapter Three: Happy-Go-Lucky Soomi
Chapter Four: Slowly Recovering
Chapter Five: Compassionate Man
Chapter Six: Movies and Food
Chapter Seven: Red Lines
Chapter Eight: Beautiful Smile
Chapter Nine: Ferris Wheel
Chapter Ten: Miyoung
Chapter Eleven: B*tchier
Chapter Twelve: Mr. Shin
Chapter Thirteen: 4 Best Friends
Chapter Fourteen: Cherry Bomb
Chapter Fifteen: Oppa
SOOOO HAPPYYYY 😍😍😍😍😍
Chapter Sixteen: Debut
Chapter Seventeen: Tour
Chapter Eighteen: Hui
Chapter Nineteen: Missing Parents
Chapter Twenty One: We Didn't Start The Fire
Chapter Twenty Two: Goodbye

Chapter Twenty: Naive Little Mouse

105 10 2
By nini_hiddles

Soomi's POV

The tour was finally done and Mr. Yang gave me a 2-week vacation. I used that to find my parents, along with Hui helping me.

"I'm not sure if visiting their house will help me find them, Hui." I said, inserting the spare key that I had into my parents' house's keyhole.

"You never know, there could be some clue as to why they were kidnapped." He shrugged.

I sighed, "Let's just hope so."

When I stepped inside, nostalgia hit me like a hurricane. I grew up in this house and it feels so empty and cold now.

I looked around and saw that the furnitures were all un-organized. The dining table was slanted in its place and the picture frames were all broken.

"Oh my gosh, they were chasing around the house." I breathed out, a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Who?" Hui asked.

"My parents and the criminal."

I continued to look around and spotted a small piece of paper on the stairs.

I opened it with a fast-thumping heart.

Soomi,

Want to find your parents? Or hear their cries?
Go to the place where your hope lies.

-Anonymous

"What the f.ck?!" I yelled.

"What? What happened, Soomi?" Hui ran back to me.

"The criminal left a note..." I gave him the letter.

"What does he mean by where your hope lies?" He asked.

The heck? How would Hui know that the criminal is a man? Something's fishy here...

"Let's see," I started to think. "Hope lies? Hope...hope...hope! Hoseok's friends call him J-Hope, and lies must be where he lives! Maybe Hoseok's house has a clue!"

"Well, let's go!" Hui ushered me back to the car and sped away.

-----

I found another letter on Hoseok's coffee table.

"Isn't it weird that Hoseok's not here?" Hui asked.

"Maybe he's out. Like at the convenience store or on an afternoon run." I answered, opening the letter.

Soomi,

Weird that your boyfriend's not here, isn't it?
He's in a place where you least expected
Want your answers? I can tell you something,
Look behind you, the criminal has always been standing.

-Anonymous

Look behind me?

I turned around and saw Hui pointing a gun at me.

"AAAHHH!" I screamed.

He laughed maniacally and turned off the gun's safety.

"You are so naive, huh? Naive little mouse." He smirked, circling around me dramatically.

"You thought that I would just let you go without loving me? Pathetic! You will be mine, Lee Soomi! One way or another." He added.

"Where's my parents?! Where's Hoseok?!" I yelled.

He shrugged, "I took care of them. They won't bother you anymore."

I gasped, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO THEM?!"

He laughed maniacally, "I held them hostage somewhere far away from here. Don't worry, you won't be able to join them if...."

"IF WHAT?!" I screamed, tears running down my eyes.

"If you marry me." He smirked.

I clenched my fists and replied, "Never!"

He shrugged and came close to me, trapping me in a corner.

"Have it your way, then." He grinned.

The last thing I knew was that he hit my head hard and I blacked out.

-----

Soomi....

Soomi...

Soomi...

I woke up to a strange, but tired voice calling out to me.

"Ho...Hoseok?" I muttered, adjusting my eyes to the person's silhouette.

"Yes, it's me, jagi." He smiled but coughed after his last word.

"Oh my gosh..." I gave out a tired smile and tried to go to him but I was pulled back by chains.

"The f.ck?" I looked down and saw that my arms and legs were chained to the wall.

"We're all chained." Hoseok coughed.

I looked around and saw that mom and dad were just lying across me, also chained. They were unconscious. The room we were in was a bit medium sized and very bare. The light was constantly flickering, which is very creepy.

"Mom! Dad!" I called out, trying to break free.

"Don't fight it, Soomi! You'll just get hurt." Hoseok said.

I looked at him and noticed that he was covered in bruises and wounds. His left eye was black and his lips were swollen.

"Oh gosh, what did Hui do to you, Hoseok?" I cried.

"Don't worry about me, Soomi." He waved it off. "We need to plan an escape. Hui is crazy as heck."

"What do you mean not worry about you?! You're hurt! I need to help you!" I replied.

"You're not any different yourself. Your head is bleeding." He pointed out.

I placed my hand on the back of my head and looked at it. Crimson blood coated my palm.

"This must be because of Hui's hit." I said.

"Don't worry, we need to es—" Hoseok was cut off when the door opened up.

"Would you look at that? You're awake, my love!" Hui grinned, approaching me and tried to kiss my cheek but I moved away from him.

"Get away from me, you monster!" I screamed.

"Shut your mouth up!" He yelled at me.

I flinched at his tone and shook in fear.

"Stay away from my girl, you bastard!" Hoseok tried to free himself from his chains, but it only wore him out.

"I swear when I get my hands on you, Lee Hoe Taek, you won't see the next sunrise!" Hoseok yelled.

Hui looked at him with a smirk and approached him.

SMACK!

Hui punched Hoseok's cheek with a strong blow, I swear that I heard a crack.

"NOOO!!!" I yelled. "STEP AWAY FROM HIM!"

"Ugh! What is it with you guys and yelling?!" Hui said, approaching me and pulled my chains out of the wall.

"You're sleeping with me, dear Soomi. Like how a real couple does so." He chuckled and dragged me through the chains.

"No! My parents! Hoseok! They need me! Let me go, please!" I tried pulling away from him, but I was so tired and he was too strong.

"Soomi! Soomi!" Hoseok called out to me but I couldn't do anything. I was too tired.

The last thing I saw was my parents opening their eyes until Hui went around a corner, dragging me with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 481 19
When Park Jimin transfers to a new school with his best friend, Kim Taehyung, everyone is determined to figure out their story. Everyone except one p...
8.5K 246 24
Y/N; a Harvard student, junk food enthusiast, Park Jimin's lover and idol, yet he doesn't know you're both. How does that work? Read to find out. •CO...
79.9K 4.6K 41
"This fate like fool cursed me" Two groups, 14 hearts, 2 hearts connected as 1 while the love for the fateful person grows stronger. They hate, despi...
3K 223 20
Hopeless romantic stuck on a one night fling. Kim Taehyung is on a mission to find the love of his life. He ends up finding Park Jimin, but he doesn'...