Bun Buns | Gene

By madwoozy

Y/N finds herself all wrapped up in the shenanigans around the world of bad boys, or more specifically, the w... More

[01]: Friends
[02]: Morning Cheer
[03]: Spite You
[04]: They Know
[05]: Overthinker
[07]: Interupted
8 || protective boys
9 || i promise
10 || bun buns
11 || the date
12 || the second half
13 || movie preperarion
14 || date night
Katelyn Saw It

[06]: Fresh Air

823 34 8
By madwoozy

- Gene's POV -

Okay.

It's pretty clear that I got some shit to sort out.

The way Y/N made me feel yesterday can't have just been a coincidence. I mean, I was so flustered and nervous that there must have been something wrong with me.

But...

As I sat in my bed all morning with my hands behind my head, thinking long and hard about what had gone on, I realised something.

No girl had ever made me feel that way before.

Not even Sasha, when we had that pathetic attempt at dating for whatever stupid reason. Regret.

So, I have to figure out what it means.

Y/N and I could spend the day in her room like yesterday, studying and working on our project. But if we did that, I wouldn't get to see if what's going on between us is just a mistake.

I need to get her out of the house. We need to spend time together outside doing something fun even.

Yes. I have to.

So, with that thought, I roll out of bed and start to get ready.

- Your POV -

*Ding Ding Ding*

The loud alarm sends your body jolting out of bed fast enough to give you whiplash.

You fly across the room to find your phone that was meticulously placed out of reach, so you'd have no way to turn it off without getting yourself out of bed.

It was smart. This way, you'd have much more time in the morning to get ready for your day.

So, taking your time, you start with a long, hot shower. And you wash your hair this time.

Sunday was always your self-care day anyway.

Who was going to ruin that? Certainly not Gene.

No matter how hot he is.

After your shower, you wrap yourself in a towel and stand in front of your bathroom mirror. You hum along to the soft jazz music you had put on in the background, and start your long, somewhat unnecessary skincare routine.

Say what you want, but skincare made you feel good.

Taking time making your skin gooey and soft, wearing sunscreen and putting on minimal makeup, only to highlight your best features. You also put in your favourite hoop earrings.

You brush, blow dry, and style your hair just the way you like it, and have plenty of time to do so.

Once your hair and makeup is done, it is time for an outfit. And after cleaning out your closet and cycling through the endless options, you decide to go with a pair of low-rise, overly baggy jeans. And, a tight white shirt, that again, accentuates your figure.

Feeling very good about yourself, you're naturally smiling as you spend the rest of the hour cleaning your room and making everything smell nice.

You had a fancy perfume that one of your rich aunties had bought you a year ago. Chanel, or something like that. You spray that on your neck and wrists, and are officially ready for the day.

Even if it was just a study day, you wanted to feel pretty and clean.

And now, you did.

The familiar doorbell ring going off brought you back to reality that you weren't going to spend the whole day relaxing alone and watching anime, and that you actually had to socialise.

Eyeroll.

But, it's Gene. So you're not too mad about it.

You rushed downstairs and giggled before letting out a deep breath and opened the door.

There was a short moment where you smiled at Gene, and he simply looked you up and down. Staring at your entire outfit.

In record time, you were both blushing.

"Morning Gene."

"Good morning," he finally looked up at you, before gulping. He looked like he was about to cough up a lung, "Y/N, you look...great."

Your hand flew to your mouth to cover it.

The nerves were too much.

Gene seemed to have noticed that his compliment may have been with good intentions, but you weren't used to getting them. He could tell that you were unsure how to act.

"Seriously, though, those jeans are fresh!" he smiled, pointing down at them. "You gotta tell me where you got them."

That instantly brought you back to your senses, calming you down. So much so, that you even let a real laugh loose.

"Thanks, but i'll never tell," you joke. Then, you gesture to him. "You look nice too. It's finally getting cold out, you should come inside."

Gene was wearing the same black jeans from yesterday, and a black tank top. He had a huge denim jacket over that, and you could tell without seeing that his muscular arms were out in the wild under there.

You look down at the floor as Gene comes inside.

- Gene's POV -

I don't know what took over me when I first saw her, but I was taken aback.

She was wearing something so simple.

On anyone else, it would probably look basic.

But on her, it looked like the most thought out, well fitted and stylish thing i'd ever seen a girl wear.

Also, seeing her in dark baggy jeans was a turn on I didn't know I had. It was so stylish and unbothered, but looked so intentional.

And shit, when I caught a whiff of her perfume, I knew I was screwed. I mean, this girl is going to drive me crazy!

I don't know why I'm thinking so deep into this. I need to stay focused.

I do my best as we go upstairs.

Y/N and I spend the next two hours working on our assignment. We talked a little more than we did the day before, which I liked. But it was mostly because I needed to stop thinking about all the amazing smells in her room.

We got another large portion of the project done, which was a good sign because I really wanted an excuse to get her out of the house.

A girl looking that good should never be trapped inside.

At this point, as i'm trying to think of some pathetically obvious excuse as to convince her to come outside with me, she has a mini tantrum out of nowhere.

"Damn it!" she shouts and I almost laugh. She's cute. "I forgot to get the damn glitter from school."

She looked up at me with pleading puppy-dog eyes.

Was she embarrassed or sad? I truly couldn't tell. But, whatever she was feeling, this was my chance.

"Thanks okay, don't worry," I say to her, looking down and putting some of our paintbrushes into the water. "We got a lot done today, and we need the glitter for the next step, so there's nothing more we can do."

She rolled her eyes and leaned back on both palms.

"I'm an idiot."

"No you're not." I corrected. "Look, I think we need some sun. It's cold in your room, so why don't we go do something?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it's only twelve. We have at least five more hours until I have to leave, and what are we gonna do here? Play with your Squishys?"

"Hey! They're my babies," she grumbled in a fake anger. "Leave them outta this."

"Let's go to the park." I say.

She stares at me and the room was suddenly heavy with a tension that hadn't been between us for a while.

It almost seemed like I had asked her on a date.

Which, wasn't that far from the truth.

But I didn't want her knowing that yet.

And after about fifteen seconds of silence, and I was definitely about to throw up, Y/N finally responds.

"Okay!" she chirps. "I wouldn't mind going out actually."

"Dope." I say, feeling good about myself. So I stand up, and go to get my jacket that I left on her bed.

The two of us tidy up our work station, and Y/N goes to her closet to find an adorable oversized hoodie that she puts on.

I smile but turn away before she can see it.

Then, we're off.

- Your POV -

You had been at the closest park for about an hour, before you actually realised how happy you were that Gene had brought you.

Because of it, you actually got to get out of the house.

And, since you had been walking around the whole time together, you got to know a lot more about him.

You learned about some of the music he likes, and that his favourite anime is called 'Noragami'. You learned that he actually cares about people, which wasn't the first impression you got from him. And he also introduced you to the Shadow Knights, which were hanging out under the bridge by the park lake.

It was a little awkward, but they were nice to you.

Once Gene noticed how awkward it was, he grabbed your hand and you left.

You were nervous as he held your hand. He led you all the way to the park playground, where you both sat on the swings.

You were both doing tiny swings back and fourth as you spoke, before your phone beeped.

-

Laurance:
hey wyd

Y/N:
hey just at the park w gene, what's up?

Laurance:
gene? again? wtf is going on

Y/N:
relax. we had the project. remember?

Laurance:
yea yea
can i come by for a bit? i gotta ask u something

Y/N:
i mean, it can't be asked over the phone? i thought u don't like gene

Laurance:
nah i love him
we're totes besties

Y/N:
eeeerrr suspicious much?
fine lemme ask.

-

"Hey, Gene."

"Mm?"

You were a little nervous to ask, knowing for a fact that Laurance and Gene weren't at all besties.

"Laurance asked me if he can come by for a bit." you said, looking at him to observe his reaction. "What do you say about that?"

Gene sighed loudly and looked up at the sky.

"Well, do you want him to come and hang out with us? Is my company not exciting enough?"

You could tell he was joking, but also wasn't entirely happy with the question.

"I don't know. I'm having fun with you," you admitted. "But he'll probably get mad if I say no."

"If you're gonna ignore what you want to make Laurance happy, then you're gonna have to live with the consequences." he goes on. "But I don't care. Do what you gotta do."

You narrowed your eyes at him.

"It could be fun as a little group."

He turned back to face you, "Do you even believe that?"

You pursed your lips, knowing that Gene was probably right. But you couldn't abandon Laurance either.

"I don't care, Y/N. Do whatever you want."

There was something about his whole 'wanting to punch a brick wall' look, that wasn't exactly screaming that he didn't care.

He cared, you just didn't really understand why.

[A/N]
lol editing this shitty story at 19 years old is hilarious.

- M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 592 7
I finally get it back !!!! no time for summary . lazy as f .
4.9K 196 22
Having clashed at the recommendation exams both Todoroki and Izanami do not have the best opinions of each other, But after being in the same class a...
18K 347 9
Hello! Welcome to a Star vs the Forces of Evil fanfic! As you can see, this is the first book on my account. If you have any ideas for the book, feel...
1.3M 56.9K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC