EXPOSED

Door True_Hawaiian

"Let me go... please." My heart began to race the closer he got. My back pressing against the wall of the sup... Meer

EXPOSED
1 | Paranoid
2 | Trauma Is Personal
3 | West Bridge High
4 | Interrogation
5 | Rough Day
6 | Why Not?
7 | Stop Apologizing
8 | Working On It
9 | All Nighter
10 | School Trip
11 | Passing Through
12 | Intoxicating
13 | Coping 101
14 | Distraction
15 | Family Night
16 | A Stand Off
Rainer VS Trey
17 | Stubborn Girl
18 | Code Black
19 | Mixed Emotions
20 | Late Confessions
21 | The Unknown Message
22 | Tick-tock, Amura
23 | Ride or Die
24 | For Attention
25 | You're Better Off
26 | Lake Night
27 | Strike One
28 | Strike Two
29 | Strike Three
30 | Flip The Switch
31 | Jealousy & Secrets
32 | Intruders
33 | Endless Questions
34 | She's Hurting
35 | The Damn Notes
36 | Not A Word
38 | For Now
39 | Day By Day
40 | Walls Crumbling Down
41 | You Tell Me
42 | Blood, Sweat, & Stupid
43 | Unbelievable
44 | Night Before Hell
45 | Lights Out
46 | By The Hours
47 | The Ugly Choice

37 | Make Them Squirm

759 26 59
Door True_Hawaiian

"Who's bright idea was it to have dinner once a month with these liars?" Andrè huffed, crossing his arms.

"That would be our lying aunt Jade." Marìa sassed, crossing her arms as well.

"I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. They are the last people I want see right now." Luke adds to the grumbles.

"Besides you." Andrè adds.

I'm surprised our parents can't hear us considering we're standing just outside my house.

"Okay enough! What they did to us fucking blows. However, grumbling isn't gonna get us anywhere." I spoke out.

They all let out sigh in defeat.

I smirk, "But that doesn't mean we shouldn't have a little fun."

Ezra perked up, "What kind of fun?"

"Wouldn't you just love to watch them squirm?" I cross my arms, smiling evilly.

"That for one sounds very interesting." A voice belonging to someone right on time.

"Uncle Jacob." Jaden greets with his hand colliding with his, pulling him into a quick hug.

"Please, call me Jacob. It makes me sound old." Jacob cringes and we all smile. "So, shall we fuck this dinner up?"

"We shall." Marìa smirks in agreement.

"No we can't fuck it up completely. You all have to pretend that we don't know him. This is a test to see if they'll come clean. Who unc- Jacob is, who they are, everything." I explain and they all nod in agreement.

"We should go in first then." Jaden suggests and they do. Jacob and I hid by the side of the house as they were invited in.

"Your dad will be pissed." Jacob reminds me and I smile.

"He's already pissed... I might as well go all out. It can't get any worse then what I experienced yesterday." I peeked around the house. "Okay I think we can go in now."

I knocked on the door, once twice and waited. 

Jacob waited out of view once they open the door.

"Baby girl, you're here." My dad greeted me with a smile.

"I hope you don't mind, I brought a guest."  I pretended to smile genuinely. I felt Jacobs presence behind me.

"Hello brother." Jacob says in a low tone.

My dad's smile quickly fades.
"What the hell are you doing here? We had an agreement."

"Your agreement is fucked. When I met my niece, it inspired me to meet the other Royal offsprings." Jacob stands beside me, draping his arm over my shoulder. "Your daughter is just like her, brother."

"I know..." He clenched his jaw. "That's what scares me."

"Jacob?" I hear a faint voice from behind.

"Zoe." Jacob says in a hushed tone. "You never aged."

My mom smiles, "Jacob..."
Her smile was replaced with anger as she whips her hand on his shoulder.

"Where the hell have you been? How did you find us?"

"Your lovely daughter found me. She had some questions..." he says vaguely and my mom looks at me curiously. "I hope you didn't cook."

"Shut up." My mom rolls her eyes. "Why haven't you visited?"

"Didn't dad tell you? They made a pact of their own. Jacob stays away from you, while dad lives happily ever after." I smile at dad.

"What?"

"Let's eat!" My aunty Jade call out.

"See you at the dinner table." I place a kiss on my sweet mother's cheek before entering the dinning room.

———

We sit knee deep in silence. Nothing but utensils scraping against the plates. Tense looks were exchanged between Jacob and the adults. The air is so brittle it could snap, and if it doesn't, I might. No-one speaks, what is there to say?

So how's the secret gang going? The weather is pretty nice.

I bet the adults are just daring Jacob to speak.

"So, who's the new guy?" Andrè finally breaks the silence.

Uncle Alex starts to choke on his water. I noticed Aunt Jasmine and Uncle Jordan glare at my choking uncle to silence himself.

"Problem Austin?" Uncle Logan says through his gritted teeth. It's funny they still have to use their fake names.

"Yeah, I was choking." Uncle Alex defends himself. "And you say I'm the idiot."

Uncle Logan narrowed his eyes, "Because, idiot, you-"

"Hello? Focus!" Andrè continuously taps his knife against the wood table.

"Andrè, do not tap the wood with a knife! It's used for eating." His mother scolds.

"That's not all you know what it's used for." I hear Marìa mutter from across the table. I shot her a cold glare and she apologetically smiles.

"Someone tell us who the new guy is." Luke complained.

"He's a friend from work." My dad lies right through his smile.

Really, friend?

"So friend from work, what do you do at this legal establishment?" Andrè smiles with a evil sparkle in his eyes. I watched the adults tense up, looking at my dad for an answer.

But he didn't.

"He's in marketing." My mom answers earning a smug look from Jacob.

Lies.

I bet she doesn't even know what marketing is.

"Interesting." Andrè pretends to gush. "Tell me, what would one do at...marketing?"

"Marketing stuff of course." Aunt Jade answers nonchalantly. "Eat your food."

"Why don't you let the marketing guy from work, speak?" Ezra suddenly chimes in.

"This dinner seems to be getting fucked." Jacob whispers to me and I had to fight from smiling.

"He's not much of a talker." Uncle Nick, Ezra's dad, intervenes.

Lies again.

"Is that so?" Jacob smirks.

"Yeah, it is." My dad slams his fist down. Allowing the utensils to clatter.

"How long have you worked for them?" Marìa questions.

"Boss?" Jacob smirks at my dad who was beyond pissed.

"About two years, not that long." Uncle Jordan finally answers.

More lies.

They're failing the test miserably.

"Really? You sure about that?" Jaden asked with the fakest curious look given.

"Two years and not two minutes?" Ezra hissed and my eyes immediately go to him. I watched his hands tighten around his knife and fork.

"I'm sorry-"

"I'm curious, how did you all meet again?" Ezra totally ignoring his mom who was about to speak.

"Um well.." My aunt Jasmine started but couldn't com up with the right lie.

"We all went to the same high school together." Uncle Logan answers calmly.

"Same home room or..." Luke trails off waiting for an answer.

"Yeah." Uncle Jordan smiles.

"So you guys were really close then?" Like asks again.

"Yeah." They all answer in unison.

"Like a gang almost?" Ezra concludes.

Making uncle Alex choke again.

"Just don't drink, Al- Austin." The mistake to call him by his real name goes unnoticed. Uncle Logan wasn't that sly.

"So you guys went to the same high school, same home room, and you were friends ever since?" Andrè reiterates.

"Yes." Aunt Jade breathes out.

"Wow." Ezra smiles, sitting back in his chair. "Just absolutely... wow!" Ezra began to clap his hands.

"You guys just won't stop will ya?" Ezra spoke again.

Oh god.

"Kid, Whats happening?" Jacob whispers to me.

Oh god no.

"Stop what?" Uncle Nick questions.

"THE LIES!" He shouted, slamming his hands down. "You guys would do anything to keep your bloody secret hidden. Even if you're lying to your own kids, anything to make you guys look good!"

"Ezra..." Jaden warns.

"Give it up already, we know." Andrè spoke in an irritated tone.

"Know what?" My mom questions.

"WE KNOW, We know everything! From the stolen duffle bag to the dumbass pact written on paper!" Ezra shouts again.

And there it was.

"Your the fucking Royals." Marìa adds.

The truth.

Everyone knows.

"I think you're mistake-"

"Oh come on, Uncle Jayce!" Ezra shouts. "We know about your little deal with your own brother! Forcing him out of his niece and nephews lives because of your insecurities! That's just sad."

The adults gasp in shock while Jacob wore another smug look.

Oh my god stop talking, Ezra.

Please hear my thoughts, cousin.

"You did what?" Aunt Jade hissed at my dad.

"I was younger." My dad defends.

"So that makes it okay?" My mom snapped.

"Well, well, well, I guess the liars are lying to each other." Jaden muses with a smirk.

"That's right, Jaden." Andrè smiles, taking another bite of his chicken. "By the way this chicken is good, do you have anymore?"

"I wonder if there's any other secrets they aren't telling us." Marìa pushes.

"You know we used to look up to you, the Royals. We thought they were so badass and real." Luke pitched in.

"Comes to find out that you're nothing but fakes. Your names, your jobs... are we even your children? Or did they come with the names too?" Andrè snapped.

"Of course your our children." My mom says with hurt in her voice.

"Are we? How can we trust you guys? You guys are fake." Ezra adds.

"That's not true-" Uncle Nick starts but Ezra scoffs.

"Really, so you didn't fake your deaths to get away from the gang life. Only to open up the biggest most wanted anonymous gang in the country." Ezra states in a sarcastic tone.

The adults remained silent, again.

"Fakes!" Marìa snapped.

"Zaya..." My dad looks to me. "Can we talk in the-"

"Don't blame her for telling the truth. At least someone in this family is honest. Maybe a little late but.. honest." Andrè defends and looks at me. "Thank you, Zay."

He apologetically smiles at me and I nod.

"Alright, I can't take it anymore!" Uncle Alex slams his down. "Me and a couple of other workers accidentally kidnapped Zaya and Rainer Hunt from the Vice Kings!"

My eyes widen in shock.

"WHAT?" My mom exclaims, killing my him with her eyes. "Why did you do that?"

"Because, Rainer killed one of our own. So Jayce wanted me to get him and... ya know. So I got a phone call and fricken Carl tranquilized both." Uncle Alex explains and my mom now kills my dad with her eyes.

"I'm gonna kill you." My dad shook his head slowly. I noticed Uncle Logan and Uncle Jordan totally amused with this.

"Oh and when Jayce asked Jas and I to escort Zaya we did but-"

"You were there!" My mom looks toward Aunt Jasmine and she smiles nervously.

"Let me finish... She broke away and ran back when Jayce was about to shoot. So she jumped in front of the gun and he wouldn't drop it. Until he made a deal to not tell you, so they were let go." Alex concluded with a nod and long sigh of relief.

I'm dead.

"Jayce Calaway!" My mom yells.

Or not, he's dead.

"This is exactly what I mean, secrets is what is tearing this family apart!" Ezra slammed his fist down against.

"I'm in a gang." Jaden blurts.

All eyes looked to him.

"Me too." Luke adds. "We're in the Vice Kings with Rainer."

What is this, truth night?

"I'm in the Glaciers." Ezra chimes in.

"Black Dragons, with guy from marketing." Andrè smiles at Jacob, who rolls his eyes.

I looked at the adults reactions who were in shock. They were speechless.

"Why are we telling you this?" Jaden questions them. "Because we're not hypocrites, we don't liked to be lied to. So we ain't gon' lie to you no more... plus my dad caught me so..."

"You boys are in the gang life?" My aunt Jade questions in shock. "Do you realize how dangerous that is?"

"You guys should know, personal experience and all." Ezra mused.

"The gang life is no joke, once you're in, you are in. There is no going back!" My mom explains and I couldn't help but smile. "Something Funny young lady, you've been quiet the whole night."

"This is a joke," I state.

"Excuse me-"

"It's a joke, this whole situation is a joke. I brought Jacob here as a test. The adults failed miserably." I stood up to my feet to look over them. "And you know what hurts the most, is that no matter how honest we are with you... y'all still continue to lie."

I shook my head, "What's also sad is that you're judging your kids for being in a gang. Most of their reasons was because you were all absent in their lives! They wanted to be wanted, so they joined a gang. You of all people shouldn't judge!"

"I'm done." I conclude as I began to walk away.

"Me too, I'm out." Marìa stands up and joins my side.

"Same for me." Jaden says and Luke stand as well.

Andrè smiles, "Before I go, is there more chicken or..."

"Andrè, let's go!" Marìa scolds.

"Sorry, coming!"

Once I walked out of that house I could finally breathe again. I need a distraction, I feel like breaking down and I don't want to do that.

"I need to drive." I snatch the keys from Luke's hand. Before anyone could protest I sat in the driver's seat. Marìa sat up front with me while Luke sat in the back with Jaden.

Andrè and Ezra came in another car. Once I pulled out of the parking lot, I focused on the thought of getting home, quickly.

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't help it. I had to help out Ezra." Luke finally spoke.

"I told them we're in a gang, it needed to happen sooner or later." Jaden reassures.

"Later, I choose later," I mutter.

"Why didn't you tell me when you found out?" Marìa suddenly asks. "Like, I'm your best friend and we tell each other everything. Why wouldn't you tell me the biggest secret-"

"Maria..." I pushed a little harder on the gas, watching the speed increase to the 80s.

I could feel the darkness inside me tugging me down. But I don't let it.

"Seriously, why didn't you tell me. You told me about you rboy issues, insecurities, but not family. Why not family... we are like family. So why wouldn't-"

"Maria..." I increase the speed again.

The urge to snap into the darkness is tugging...

"JUST FRICKEN TELL ME WHY?" Marìa snaps.

That's when I gave into the darkness.

"I DONT CARE ANYMORE!" I shout back. "After being lied to for the hundredth time, you get tired of caring. I worry and worry about other people's bullshit feelings. I forget to worry about my own bullshit feelings so I don't care anymore! I didn't tell you because that was my last straw, I didn't tell you because I needed time."

"Okay." She whispers.

"I need time to not care! I needed time to be reckless! Because no matter what I do, I get hurt! So I need some FREAKING TIME! CAN I HAVE MY FREAKING TIME?"

"Zaya!" I hear Jaden shout from behind.

"WHAT!"

"Pedestrian!" Marìa shouts.

I quickly hit my breaks, letting the car stop just in time. My heart wouldn't quit beating out of my chest.

"Is everyone okay?" Luke breathes.

"We should move, we're in the middle of an intersection." Jaden suggests.

Suddenly we were blinded by head lights coming from Maria's side.

Holy-

"ZAYA!"

Too late.

The car continued to roll over, lights swirled like crazy. The noise of the metal being bashed over the concrete was almost deafening. The seatbelt tugged on my skin with every move. My head slams into my window before it shattered. I shut my eyes tight as the glass continues to fly.

We're gonna die.

I'm so sorry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note:

I feel so bad for not updating often. So here's another chapter.

A lot was said tonight at dinner time, yikes.

What were your thoughts on all of this?

Was Zaya out of line for saying those things?

Was the kids out of line?

Xoxo
True_Hawaiian

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

20.1K 537 43
She was supposed to meet her friend,however,it never got to the point where she could knock on her friend's door.She bumped into her brother's rival...
22.6K 1.4K 46
WORKS #01 |Please note; these are works of fiction meaning all characters and events appearing in this story are made up. Any resemblance to real per...
106K 3.3K 10
"I try to control my anger, I really do." He looked so broken, I couldn't do anything but stroke his cheek as a tear fell down his face. I kissed his...
1M 26.5K 91
#17 in teen fiction (28/12/18) #7 in girls (02/01/19) #14 in teen fiction (15/04/19) #3 in boys (10/11/19) PUBLISHED✅: 15/06/17 COMPLETED FULLY✅: 06...