The Dark Within Us || Loki La...

By CallMeWriterX

While celebrating her birthday, Louise and her friend recklessly decide to give her the ultimate present: a m... More

Introduction
1 ~ Fingers Crossed
2 ~ Mila
3 ~ Join the Club
4 ~ Trust is a Fickle Thing
6 ~ Blue
7 ~ Earthlings
8 ~ The Lies We've Been Told
9 ~ Her Son
10 ~ What's On Your Mind?
11 ~ Tales
12 ~ Shattered
13 ~ What Makes a Warrior
14 ~ Home
15 ~ What Can't Be Cured, Must Be Broken
16 ~ Project 29
17 ~ Red Lasagne
18 ~ Sleeves
19 ~ The Key To Sága
20 ~ A Woman's Pride
An Update

5 ~ A New World

153 8 10
By CallMeWriterX

~5~

~

A powerful force threw me forwards, and I landed on my knees and hands.
I wanted to scream.

"I see you have found her."
A deep, almost calming voice sounded. I looked up, biting on my lip to keep me from letting out a strangled noise.

"Welcome to Asgard."
A man dressed in impressive, golden armour looked down at me. He handled a golden sword, which reached his shoulders while he rested it's tip on the ground. A helmet with two horn-like spikes covered the sides of his face, and his peculiar yellow eyes mesmerised me. He generously offered his hand to me, but I hesitated. Maybe I shouldn't touch him.

"Do not worry, my Lady. No harm will come to you, or others."
He spoke the words as if he had read my mind and again moved his hand towards me. A strange feeling of safety overcame me and I took his hand without putting thought in it. He helped me up and let my hand go.

"Heimdall, tell me. Is my Father available?"
Thor, whom I had completely forgotten about, suddenly spoke.

"My King is on his throne, as always."
Heimdall nodded, and the prince turned away with the same gesture as gratitude.

"Thank you."
I quickly told the dark man, and then hurried after the one who had kidnapped me. Strange, but it wasn't like I had anywhere else to go.

Then I noticed it. A giant, endless seeming bridge. An insane amount of colours passed beneath me as I cautiously put my foot on it, unsure if I could even walk on this. At the same time, I could also look right through it. What seemed like a combination of water and an entire galaxy floated underneath the bridge, and it started to freak me out. Where the hell had I ended up?

"Have you ridden before?"
The god's voice made me look up. He was standing next to beautiful white horse, a little farther outside of the small room we had just arrived in. I made my way over to them.

"A few times."
The answer rolled off my tongue, but strangely enough I couldn't remember when I had ever even seen a horse. Odd. Must've been this place.

"But it's been long."
I quickly added.

"Alright, that shouldn't form an issue."
He muttered more to himself than me, and then gestured towards the animal.
"May I?"

His extended hand frightened me, again, and it disturbed me that repulse seemed to have become my standard reaction to even the slightest physical contact. But I silently reminded myself of Heimdall's words, and took Thor's hand. He helped me up the horse.

I scooted all the way to the back, allowing some space for his broad figure. But just before he hopped on, I caught sight of what the bridge led to. It was quite possibly the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

In front of a group of mountains, a giant city surrounded a tall golden building. The bridge led directly to the center of it, and from where I sat it seemed like the long pillars almost curled around the entrance. Towers all around the city reflected the bright sunlight, but before I could be bothered by it blinding me, Thor had taken seat in front of me.

"Breathtaking, isn't it?"
He spoke while telling the horse to start moving with his feet. I was surprised the animal could carry both of us with such ease.

"Absolutely."
I answered, still slightly uncomfortable with this practical stranger.

The horse began to run faster, until it moved in a comfortable rhythm that didn't make me bounce up and down as much. My hands awkwardly rested on Thor's back.

"Where are we?"
I finally dared to ask. It wasn't hard to speak louder than the wind howled.

"This is Asgard, one of the Nine Realms and home to many. Odin, protector of these Realms as well as my father, rules us."

I blinked, staring into the distance.
"Realms?"

"Yes. Midgard, or Earth as your people call it, is part of the Nine Realms just like my home. It is not simple to explain, but we can discuss it later."
He told me, gently steering the horse to the left when it wandered too much to the side.

I thought about his answers for a second. Beside the sound of hooves on the thick glass-like bridge, there was barely any wind or noise from the water below us.

"So you're a prince?"
I now realised. I felt his shoulders shake as he chuckled.

"Pardon me for my rude behaviour, I have not yet had the chance to introduce myself. I am Thor, firstborn of Odin, future king of Asgard and God of Thunder."

"That's a lot of titles. What do people normally call you?"
I snorted, kind of shocked at the names he called himself. Future king and God of Thunder. Well then.

"Thor."

"Neat."

When I didn't ask any other questions, Thor decided to speed up. I gripped the cape around his shoulders tighter, allowing thoughts and doubts to fill my mind.
I kept trying to push the dark and painful things back, but I felt like every time I did so, they only seemed to return more prominent afterwards. The sigh I let out was lost in the wind, and I silently wished the things that crossed my mind would too.

~

The trip took a lot longer than expected. If I had to guess, we arrived in about thirty minutes. Thor helped me off and handed the reins to a boy, who looked at me like he had seen a ghost. I awkwardly shifted on my feet, waiting for him to stop gawking at me. Was there something wrong with me? With the way I looked?
We had ridden through part of the city, but I thought people just stared at us because of the man in front of me. Now I questioned that assumption.

The prince gestured the kid away, clearly noticing how uncomfortable it made me.

Neither of us said a word as he lead me towards what appeared to be the palace. There were no doors, just a large opening leading into a hallway with golden pillars on each side. It still looked beautiful.

I trailed behind a bit, watching glimpses of the green gardens through the slim openings on my sides. Thor seemed to notice and slowed his steps down.

"Lady Sado, I'm afraid this is not the time for us to admire our surroundings."
He carefully told me.

I nodded, slightly disappointed, before adding:
"It's Louise, by the way. Just call me Louise."

"Lady Louise, it shall be then."
He grinned, making me raise one eyebrow. Were all Asgardians —I thought that's what they called themselves— like this?

After a few more corridors, we arrived at the first door I had seen in this place. It was extremely tall, and had two sides. Each of those was guarded by a man in dark armour, a cape and with a long spear in his hands. Thor paused, nodding towards the one on the right. He nodded back, and the prince turned to me.

"Kneel when you stand before him, and keep your head down when he speaks. Only talk when he allows you to."

Confused and slightly panicked, I watched him step towards the doors.
"Wait, what are you-"

Then they were opened from the other side, and Thor confidently walked in. What was he doing?! Was I supposed to follow him?
I looked at the two men who guarded the door. They didn't respond to my strange looks, so I turned back to the door and decided to hurry after the god.

There was something you didn't do every day, I thought and I stepped into the new room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.9K 1.8K 33
He was a fuckboy .. But she was a sweet, shy and kind-hearted girl .... She knew he was a fuckboy but she fell for him . ( He was a red flag but she...
195K 4.8K 29
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
274K 12.4K 59
A Boy who is born with one blue eyes.His one eye is Blue & another one is dark brown.His life wasn't easy ,he was in dark ,this world made him heartl...
263K 6.5K 36
Heaven and Hell, is there truly a difference? One seraphim thought there was until her world was turned upside down. Now as the second fallen angel...