Dangerous Love (girl x girl)

Av xuelian

Ten years ago, Clara Reagan disappeared mysteriously. Despite continuous efforts of the police, the case even... Mer

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
A/N
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
A/N
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
A/N
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
A/N
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
A/N
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 9

4.3K 175 12
Av xuelian

Arielle

She did not let go of my hand for the entire class. I tried to pull away, not wanting my professor to feel how sweaty my palms had gotten from my nervousness, but every time, she simply shot me a look that sent chills up my back. After that, I silently sat in my seat and stewed in my frustration.

I wasn't afraid of snapping at Chase, leaving my parents, or even the Black Phoenix, but one look from Dr. Isabelle Williams had been making me freeze in fear. I was also annoyed because I knew that most of my irritation was attributable to the fact that a part of me enjoyed how she treated me. I didn't want to admit that I also enjoyed holding her hand a bit too much.

Several minutes before class ended, Mira slipped me a note. Once I was sure that Dr. Williams could not see, I flipped it open.

Isn't it weird how Dr. Williams moved everyone except you?

I glanced at her, wide-eyed, as I hid the note under my notebook. What were we, in high school? Why did this girl have to be so observant? She shrugged at me. "Alright, class," I jumped in my seat and Dr. Williams frowned at me before continuing. "I expect your reflections to be emailed to me by Sunday at midnight. Class dismissed."

I made a move to stand, but she didn't release my hand. "I need to speak to you about your assignment, Miss Reagan."

"I really need to-"

"It'll only take a minute." She insisted, her tone leaving no room for debate. Mira stared at us for a moment and I groaned quietly. The last thing that I wanted was to draw unnecessary attention to myself, not when at least one person had already seemingly noticed the extra attention she gave me. Mira gave me a sympathetic look as she gathered her books and exited the classroom.

After everyone had left, I gave Dr. Williams an annoyed expression and began to dial Chase's number on my phone, ignoring her obvious irritated look in response to me making a call in her classroom. Quite frankly if she took issue with it, I could leave.

"Ari?" Chase's voice sounded from the speaker.

"I'm gonna be late. Maybe you shouldn't wait." I knew Dr. Williams was sitting close enough to hear every word.

"That's fine. It's Friday, so I don't mind waiting a bit. You're not in any trouble, are you?"

"No, I just-I'll explain later." I promised quietly. "See you soon." I hung up the phone and turned to Dr. Williams expectantly.

"Let me see your notes." I raised an eyebrow and pushed my notebook to her, forgetting about the note underneath. She quickly grabbed it and placed it inside the breast pocket of her blazer when I tried to reach for it. "Down."

"I'm not a dog!" I snapped.

"Correct. A dog would be more obedient." I gaped at her as she began to leaf through my notes nonchalantly.

"You missed what I said about the philosophy of the current legislation."

"Why are you doing this?" I asked sincerely, rubbing my temples. Did she seriously make me stay after so that she could inspect my notes?

"Whatever are you referring to, Miss Reagan? I am simply ensuring that my student who is quite a bit younger than the others is able to perform well in this course, seeing as she doesn't have either of the prerequisites." She replied innocently. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "Now write in the four underlying principles before you forget, Miss Reagan." She said in a rather patronizing tone, making me tense my jaw.

Eventually I sighed and picked up my pencil. As I began to write, I noticed her pulling out the note from her pocket. I quickly lunged for it, surprising her. She turned her chair at the last second, making me land on my stomach in her lap. I flushed a deep red and immediately attempted to sit up, but something sharp poked between my shoulder blades, pinning me in place. I turned my head and realized that she was pushing her elbow into my back with a glare.

"You will not try grabbing things from my hands again. Is that clear?" She growled. Her tone caught me off guard, but I didn't back down yet.

"B-but it's mine." I muttered. She dug her elbow into my back harshly and I gasped in pain.

"We can stay here all day, Miss Reagan, until you answer me properly."

"Y-yes, I understand." I bit back a retort. The pressure on my back disappeared and I was able to sit up.

"Good. Don't let there be a next time and make me punish you for your insolence." I watched with a scowl as she unfolded the note. I did not obey anyone - except Chase at work - and I hated how intimidating she could be and the effect that she had on me.

Her expression changed to one that I could not decipher as she read the note. After she finished reading, she merely placed it on the table and stood up. "You may leave once you have the philosophy down."

I quickly stuffed my notebook inside my bag and stood to leave. Dr. Williams did not say another word until I was at the door. "Tell your boyfriend that I apologize for the wait." She added in a cold voice.

I frowned in confusion for a moment before turning around and replying. "I don't date. My boss is picking me up."

She immediately turned to meet my eyes. "Your boss picks you up? Why?"

"He offered to drive me home." I muttered.

"Why?"

"He just wants to." I said in irritation, unsure why I was being interrogated.

But yet you're still answering her.

I ignored the little voice in my head. "Have a good weekend, Professor." I turned to exit the room.

"I am leaving as well. This is my last class on Friday." She gathered her briefcase to follow me out, but I quickly began to walk away.

I made it down the hall before I was dragged behind a column. My head snapped to see a familiar face. The same man who was with Trey on Monday stared at me in disbelief. "You attend this university?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked in surprise. I was about to add "aren't you too old to be a student?" but I saw students of all ages here.

"Answer my question first."

"Why are you so surprised? Trey attends too." I frowned.

"That's his cover. He meets the clients around here. Unless you're..."

"I'm not a spy or any of the sort." I muttered quickly. "I actually want an education."

"Then why do you want to join a gang?"

"I have my reasons. Now it's your turn answer my question." I demanded. I knew that I was being audacious, but I was going to at least try to get some answers.

"I was looking for Trey."

"I see." I crossed my arms.

"How old are you even?" I stiffened. He sensed this and held his hands up. "I'm not going to say anything to anyone. I'm just wondering."

"I'm 21."

"Uh huh. And the truth?" He crossed his arms too.

I rolled my eyes before replying. "I'm 18."

His eyes widened. "First year. What are you doing in this corridor then? It's for the upper division classes." I was surprised that he knew the layout of campus.

"I'm in a third year course."

He squinted at me in confusion. "Why are you joining a gang? You seem like the typical good girl who's got her life planned out." I received this comment a lot and it was one of my pet peeves. I tried not to show how annoyed I really was.

"I told you that I had my reasons. Now if you'll excuse me-"

He grabbed my arm before I could walk away. "And what are those reasons? Surely can't be a coincidence that you beat Trey in a fight."

"I'm not about to tell you my whole life story. I don't even know your name and you have no right to demand anything from me." I fumed.

He sighed and released me. "Look, I don't want to start off on the wrong foot with you. I just want to know. My name's Rex. Rex Daniels. You can trust me."

It's not your real name, is it?"

"It's what I go by now." He stated firmly. "So, tiger girl, mind telling me your name?"

"Rebecca."

"Interesting." He mused. "No last name?"

I crossed my arms impatiently. "No. Is that all?"

He frowned. "You never answered my other question." I glared at him. He continued to stare at me, unfazed. Finally, I growled in annoyance. "Maybe I'm secretly an addict. Maybe I need the money badly for my parents. What's it to you?" I hissed before whirling away.

I barely took two steps forward when my arm was grabbed again. "Look-"

"Let go!" I turned and yanked my arm hard.

"No! Just listen-"

"What is going on here?" I almost groaned out loud as I looked back in front of me and saw who had spoke. Of course she had to follow me.

"Nothing, Professor." I gritted between my teeth.

Dr. Williams arched a perfect eyebrow at me before narrowing her eyes at Rex. "Release her."

He immediately dropped my arm and raised his hands in defence. It was as if her mere presence commanded respect. I snickered internally.

"I believe your ride was waiting for you?" She turned to me and I was thankful that she did not use my name. She nodded for me to leave and I silently thanked her as I turned to go.

"Wait, Rebecca." I froze, not wanting to imagine the look on Dr. William's face. "I'm sorry." He called after me. "I get it. I had my reasons too." I turned and he offered me a half smile before turning to leave. "I'll see you on Monday, Tiger."

I turned and began walking away until Dr. William's hand inevitably grabbed onto my shoulder.

"What was that all about, Rebecca?" She did not look amused.

I sighed and reached into my pocket for my ID before handing it to her. Did I have to explain myself to everyone now? I crossed my arms and waited patiently as her eyes scanned over the name.

Arielle Rebecca Reagan.

Her eyes softened as she handed it back to me. I silently turned to leave and she moved to walk beside me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insinuate anything, Miss Reagan."

"It's okay. I understand." I mumbled, beginning to speed up.

She began to walk faster as well, matching my pace.

"Do you prefer Rebecca?" She asked curiously.

Like it matters, as you only use my last name.

"No." I replied simply and she did not inquire further. We exited the building and I immediately scanned the parking lot for Chase's car.

"Ari." I turned to see Chase approaching me.

"Sorry for the wait, Sir." I stiffened when Dr. Williams made no move to leave my side. Chase didn't seem to acknowledge her and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Never mind that. Are you sure you're alright going home tonight? It's no trouble if you want to stay. You know that you're always welcome."

"No, I'll give you and your girlfriend some privacy." I gave him a half smile. At this, I could practically feel Dr. Williams relax.

Chase reddened slightly. "Don't say that at the office."

"Like everyone doesn't already know." I rolled my eyes slightly.

"Is she one of your friends?" He attempted to change the subject.

"No, I-" I cut myself off, turning towards her. "Thank you for walking me out, Professor."

"I'll see you on Monday, Miss Reagan." She lightly patted my arm and turned to leave.

"Bye." I echoed. I turned to follow Chase to his car. The drive home was comfortably silent.

Chase turned to glance at me after he pulled over to my house. "Call me or Ave if you need anything, alright?"

I nodded with a small smile. "I know you've got my back." I turned to exit the car and walked up the path to the front door.

As I pulled out my keys, the door swung open. My father stood there with a relieved expression. "You came home." I pulled away as he attempted to pull me into a hug.

"Yeah." I muttered.

"Arielle-"

"It's okay. I understand." Our eyes met in silent communication.

"Go wash up for dinner." I nodded and turned to head upstairs. "Where did you get that guitar?"

"Chase's girlfriend is teaching me to play. It's hers." He visibly relaxed at the mention of Chase's girlfriend and I walked upstairs to my room.

I unpacked quickly and tossed my dirty clothes into the hamper. As I begun to unpack my laptop, my phone went off, signaling a notification. I picked it up to glance at it before inhaling sharply. It was a message from an unknown number.

"Why did your he say that you didn't want to go home?"

———————————————————————————
*edited*

Hey everyone,

Surprise? I know it isn't Tuesday, but I will not be updating this Tuesday cause I have an exam. So it's out today instead:).

Until next time,

-Cindy

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

120K 4.7K 37
Alice is the top criminal defence lawyer in the country who is incredibly talented, bright and respected by everyone. But she has a secret that n...
13.2K 170 18
18 year old Emily and her mom moves to a new city. She has to face new challenges by finding new friends, going to a new school and finding a job. A...
406K 20.4K 102
It's been a few years since Ani and Cassie have gotten married and been raising their children. The family is filled with love and laughter. Cassie...
1.6M 44.1K 85
The trauma of the death of her best friend makes her change completely, to the point she becomes a darker version of herself and someone that seemed...