łove & łackłuster|katsuki bak...

By RedBurnGirl

I always believed that each human being is unique from one another. From the facial structure, the skin, to t... More

stoicism is for children
mary sue is chop suey
a eulogy to erethizon dorsatum
a handful of problems
uncouth youth
a dead girl's plea
important information: he's not happy
carnage and carnival
wings of freedom
i am n̶o̶t̶ here
knock knock, get the door it's depression
save me, villain
a rude awakening
you are not alone
slow days
fall seven times, stand up eight
feel my wrath and extreme self-doubt
a quest for brain
oh lovely
pragmatism
lone escapades
he was a piece of messy art but still art
dangerous in red
worse than dante's nine circles
hospital for broken dreams and madness
hearts torn asunder
cauldron of disaster
darkness looms over
who are you?
defamation, demise, despair
light of dawn
panic! at the dorm
bloom into you
tell-tale tail's tale
grudges come and haunt you
grave offence: steal your heart
remove dead leaves
change scares me, everyone else does
selfish and selfless
highly unlikely places
the first time i believed
pictures to die for
preamble of a dissection
fluffy terror
nit and grit
boy like you
stronger than i seem
a pearl among the diamonds
gradual transfiguration
lilith's retrogade
lilith's discord
ensnare her heart
enslave his heart
i suddenly love my life
despicable guy
romance and warfare
festivity and tomfoolery
take me to where the jesters are
worst in me
almost translucent
summer's passion
2L's playlists
probably irrelevant

world works wonders

386 17 4
By RedBurnGirl

She woke up so early, nerves getting the best of her just as she wore a pair of gray jogging pants and a red shirt. She tucks her headphones down, and proceeds to get downstairs.

The sun had barely risen, the moon and stars still visible high up. Skies adorned with violet and blue, crickets chirping in the background. The temperature was still cold outside, a good start to listen to her music and drown the heavy pressure that lies on her shoulders.

Her symbiosis had marred her skin, already gotten used strengthening her quirks capabilities although she has to turn it back off if she subconsciously looses her concentration. Right now, an early jog outside is the best to clear all her thoughts and negativities away.

Her pace was slow and steady, warming up for a faster speed. She stayed on to the tracks of the open courtyard, then gives small hops along the way.

What does it mean to be a hero?  The people's lives are on her shoulders. Everyone from all over the world would see her, criticize her, would see what she does and how she handles every critical situation. She has to make decisions fast. Her morals would fight against her. And all of it is for the greater good of humanity.

The symbol of peace has retired and a new problem arises along with it. Most people had depended on the no. 1 hero and they paid a great price, losing him along the way. However, it wasn't All Might's demise. He was alive and breathing, passing on his teachings and lessons on to the next generation.

People would often ever think about it so lightly. In a world without quirks, watching from their screens, nobody would ever thought about the grave dangers that lies ahead. It is just some silly show about good vs. evil but to everyone in this universe, gifted with quirks always comes a bigger price.

Those who were gifted has the capability either to harm or to save. It was all up to each individual in what to do with it. In the world of politics, it was all but the same. Her father should know that.

Not far from where she was, she sees Midoriya waking up as early as her, reading a book then practicing his new moves to his own space. The One for All successor gave her a nod of acknowledgement. She does the same, going on about their training without question.

She then sees Bakugou, going out for a run. He was at the door, wearing a set of navy track pants, and black sleeveless shirt with red shoes. He had his wireless earphones. The male closes the door before jogging on to his merry way. Bakugou didn't seem to like the spot where her and Midoriya took their own practice. He jogs at the other side of the field probably going to the path where the gyms were.

To the window, she sees Ochaco, glancing discreetly at a very focused Midoriya. The girl turns her attention to Tomoe but then disappears from her sight.

There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everyone you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater.

She once read from one of her favorite books.

Tomoe straps her new equipment, completely replacing her gauntlets.

"Moe-chan." Ochaco gives a small peek at her new feature.

"You replaced your gauntlets,  why?"

"The gauntlets were just an accessory to my hero costume. I don't really use them because I already have my quirk. The bracelets is to shield my body because this is the are where my quirk would slowly travel."

Her gauntlets were completely replaced with metallic bracelets that ended almost to her elbows. It's first layer is made of leather that ends to the palm of her hands. Silver with a slight tinge of light violet was designed for a more personal touch.

Her knew design for added mobility for her outfit would take days before the design company would fully sign the papers and starts to sew a new one. The fabric of her shorts and the shirt she wears requires slight effort if she moves into battle. The friction from the tip of her shorts made her a bit uncomfortable unless she covers it with her quirk.

"E-Eh.. " Ochaco and Midoriya stares as blood starts to build on her palm.

"Aaaaah! Gozen-san your hand!"

Tomoe smiles at them to which the two raises their hands in alarm.

"As the class rep, your hand should be treated with first aid!" Tenya ran towards them, making his hand chopping motions.

"It's fine guys. It's one of my ultimate moves."

They stared at her, bewildered.

"What do you think, Uraraka-san?"

"She needs help."

The day of the provisional license has come, everyone from the bus had their own ways of releasing that tension. Midoriya was talking with Todoroki, Kirishima talking with Bakugou but most of the time, it was just Kiri wanting the ash blonde male to listen, and the others just fell silent or even talk about the progress they made on their quirks so far.

Tomoe fells on deaf ears, still stopping on one page for the past few minutes. The words didn't seem to ingrain on her mind. Her eyes was still trying to reread a sentence, a simple sentence but nothing just works for her.

There was a 50% passing rate and most of the students she'll compete with have more experiences and probably had more powerful quirks. She just to give it her best shot. Without the symbol of peace, villains that had remain hidden would show themselves to the world causing distress and mayhem. There was no other thing for the authorities to do other than to increase the quality of the hero fledglings.

Provisional Licensing Exam Location
National Dagoba Arena

"Ah, I'm getting nervous."

"I wonder what we'll have to do.. I wonder if I can get my provisional license.. "

"Mineta, it's not about whether or not you can. Go get it." Aizawa was with his tired stare, the Class 1-A of U.A. high huddled closer just outside the bus.

"If you can pass this test and get your provisional licenses, then you novice eggs will become chicks.. You'll hatch into semi pros."

"Let's call out the usual! Ready, set--Plus"

"Ultra!" She looks at the intruder in surprise, behind Kirishima and Kaminari.

The guy was very tall, wearing a black hat from their own school.

"You shouldn't barge in on other people's huddles, Inasa."

"Oh no.. I am.. very.. extremely.. sorry!" He bowed with his head lowered to the ground, enthusiastically.

"What's with this guy trying to get by with just his enthusiasm!?" Kaminari points out.

"Wait, that uniform.. "

"It's from that famous school in western Japan..."

"U.A. in the east, Shiketsu in the west..." Bakugou blurts out, his tall frame stands beside her. She lifts her head upwards, then stares at the group from another elite school.

"I wanted to try saying this just once! Plus Ultra! I love U.A. High School! I am extremely honored to be able to compete against U.A. students! I'm looking forward to it!"

"Oh, blood." The girl with light brown hair blankly states as she sees her classmate's bleeding head.

"Let's go." The lavender haired male leads the way.

"Yoarashi Inasa.."

"Aizawa-sensei, you know him?"

"He's.. strong. Last year, the same year as you guys, Yoarashi got the top scores of those admitted through recommendations, but for some reason, he turned down his acceptance." They all observed him then Tomoe hears about the recommendations, peers at both Todoroki and Yao-Momo.

"What?! Then, he's a first year?!"

"Even though he says he loves U.A., he threw away his chance to enroll. I don't get it."

"Right, what a weirdo." Mina agrees with Sero.

"Eraser? It's you isn't it, Eraser!?" A green haired woman walks towards the group, an orange bandana atop of her head, her belt has smiley pins attached and wear a short, green and orange that is similar to a puffed out jester.

"I've seen you on tv and the sports festival but its been a while since I've seen you in person!" Aizawa's right eye twitches.

"Let's get married?"

"No."

Mina instantly squeals.

"No? Good one!"

"You're hard to talk to, as usual, Joke."

"Smile Hero: Ms. Joke! Her quirk's Outburst! She forces those near her to laugh, dulling their thinking and their movements! Her fights against villains are full of craziness!"

"You seem to know your books, Midoriya-san." Tomoe comments.

"If you marry me, then we can make a happy family with never ending laughter!"

"A family like that can't be happy."

Sad man and happy lady.

"Oh right, come here guys!" Students dressed in gray shirts came closer as they saw their teacher chatting with ours.

"Ketsubutsu Academy, second years, Class 2! They're my class. Please be kind."

A guy with black hair similar to Midoriya but taller, clasps both of the green haired male's hands.

"I'm Shindo! U.A. this year's had trouble after trouble, it must've been tough!"

They look like long lost brothers! The symbiote user freezes.

"But even so, you all are still aiming to be heroes like this, huh? That's wonderful! A heart of fortitude is what I believe all heroes should have from now on!" Shindo poses in front of them, winking towards their direction.

"Too bright!"

"He's totally a charming pretty boy type." Kaminari whispers.

"From among you, there's Bakugou and Gozen, who experienced being the center of the Camino incident."

"Huh.. "

He slowly walks in front of the pair.

"You have an especially strong heart. Today, I'll do my best while learning from you!" His hand reaches towards an unsuspecting Tomoe but Bakugou's hand slaps his before he could even touch hers.

"Oh-" She confusedly stares at the ash blonde male.

"Stop pretending. What you're saying doesn't match the look on your face!"

"Hey! Stop being so rude! Sorry for his rudeness.. " Kirishima breaks in the two.

"It's fine!"

Midoriya stares at a light blonde haired girl similar to Toga. She loudly approaches Todoroki who was beside him.

"Hey, Todoroki! Can I have your autograph? You were so cool at the sport's festival!" She gushes.

"Stop being such a fan girl."

"Hey, change into your costumes and go to the orientation. Don't waste time."

"Yes sir!"

So many.. She feels the slight push and pull from the crowd, trying to get closer to the stage. Students from all over were wearing their costume, consisting of various colors and shades. She follows to where Mina and Tsuyu were heading but was slowly getting lost in the crowd.

"There's so many.. " She hears Midoriya and Ochaco and went towards their group, getting a more wider space.

"Um... Well then, let's do that provisional license thing.. I'm Mera from the Heroes Public Safety Commission. The kind of sleep I like is non-REM sleep.. Nice to meet you.. " His head was wobbling, as he fell on a seconds lasting nap.

"With that conviction, I will give you the orientation. About the content of the provisional license thing.. Frankly, all 1,540 examinees here will have to win through a free-for-all exercise! Our society is currently said to be saturated with heroes, and ever since Stain was arrested, many have shown doubts about the current state of heroes.

Accordingly, what you'll be tested on is speed! The first hundred to fulfill the requirements will pass. So anyway, here are the requirements.. "

There were three targets that should be attached to any body parts they would choose as long it is an exposed area and six orange balls. The targets would light up if a ball hits it directly and if all my targets are hit then she's out.

So she really has to target two people, hitting those three targets altogether.

The stage they were in creaks open, starting from the ceiling. Heavy walls started to unfold revealing an open ground with various terrains.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 50.5K 96
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 34.2K 61
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
152K 4.6K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
301K 9.7K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...