𝘏𝘰𝘭π˜₯ π˜”π˜¦ π˜‹π˜°π˜Έπ˜― | KLAU...

By bangtan_parkchim

~Book 1 to Hold Me Down Series~ Eliza Gilbert is the middle child between Elena and Jeremy. Upon coming back... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
The End
UPDATE

Chapter 111

11.4K 277 166
By bangtan_parkchim

꧁M꧂

One day.

Klaus and I were able to get one day to ourselves when all hell broke loose once again in New Orleans. For a few hours, I had seen my Klaus once again. The one who made me laugh, and smile, and just plain happy. And we were in the middle of a peaceful dinner when Elijah called.

Something evil was coming our way. More specfically, a certain witch. With that, we were forced back into New Orleans the next morning.

I huff in annoyance as I past Klaus who brings in our bags that had yet to be opened for our hopeful weekend alone. I hear him sigh deeply after me and call my name but I keep walking until I enter the study room where Elijah and Hayley sit on the couch.

A protrait of a woman laying on the table in front of them, and the two looking oddly close.

Elijah stands up with minor shock written on his features at the sight of me. The brunette on the couch stays silent and avoid eye contact with me.

My eyes flicker between them, before I push away the thoughts in my head. "Well..." I cross my arms. "...Who do we have to kill?" I ask.

Elijah presses his lips into a thin line. "Elizabella. I'm sorry for interrupting your weekend with my brother." He looks into my eyes.

I look away from him, and tiredly sit down on the chair. "I was stupid to think we could get a moment of peace. Tell me what's going on." I glance at Hayley expectedly.

Elijah takes a deep breath, his stance full of awkwardness as he clears his throat. "As I was saying, over the centuries, vampires have fought the witches and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all powerful witch until Davina." Elijah explains.

My eyes narrow at how he stares at the drawing with such intensity, even longing. Does he know this woman? I ask myself mentally.

Klaus waltzes into the room. "Who is tucked in safe and sound down the hall, under my protection." Klaus sits down close to me, crossing his legs and placing an arm around my shoulders. He smirks at Elijah and nods his head towards the drawing.

"Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a potent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence." Klaus taunts.

I lean forward in confusion. "Wait, you knew this woman, Elijah?" I ask him. Elijah stays silent, which only confirms my answer. His eyes drift away from me and I knew immediately what that meant. Elijah just did not know this woman.

He knew her all too well.

I lean back into Klaus's side with a huff. "Great, a vengeful ex who happens to be a evil witch." I mutter.

Elijah places his hands on his hips, still analyzing the drawing. "Perhaps Davina mistakes what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over 200 years. I don't understand why all these sketches now." Elijah sits in thought.

Klaus turns to me, smiling as he plays with my hair. "Why does any witch do anything—?"

We all look up at the sound of a vase breaking in the other room. I roll my eyes to Klaus who's smile disperses and an annoyed look appears on his face.

"Well, that's going well." Klaus places a hand on my knee.

I give him a look of disbelief. "You killed the boy she loved, Nik. Not the best way to win her trust." I say condescendingly.

Klaus turns to me further. "Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?"

I pretend to think. "Give me a month. I'll get you a list." I smile fakely to him. Klaus laughs at my humor despite my half-joking tone.

Another crash sounds above us.

Klaus growls. "Young, old, dead, or alive. Witches are a pain in the ass." Klaus gets up and stomps out the room.

Once he leaves, my eyes fall onto Elijah and Hayley. The two seemingly trying to avoid eye contact. "What's going on with you two?" I ask them suspiciously.

Elijah does not try to speak. But I see Hayley about to open her mouth. Before any words can come out, the room begins to rumble. And before I realize it, the entire compound is shaking.

I yelp when Elijah races towards me, and holds me protectively as things are thrown about the room and knocked down. He holds me as we race out the room to the courtyard where everyone else seems just as confused.

"What the hell is going on?" Rebekah asks as she enters the courtyard.

I look to Klaus and Marcel who both have clenched jaws.

"Davina." Klaus answers.

꧁M꧂
I lean my ear more against the door as I try to listen onto the conversation between Klaus, Marcel, and Elijah on what is happening to Davina.

Full of curiosity, I decided to listen in even though Klaus wanted me to stay out of it. After all, witch business was not something I had particularly enjoyed in my time here in New Orleans.

Just as I try to lean more, the door opens and Elijah appears. His eyes surprised but giving me a narrowed look. I only smile back sheepishly. Elijah closes the door and begins walking while I follow.

"You don't have to eavesdrop. I keep nothing from you." Elijah says.

I nod knowingly. "I know, I know. I just..." I stop Elijah just before he descends the stairs. His face full of question and he glances down at my hand on his bicep. I pull away and bite my bottom lip. "Is there something going on between you and Hayley?"

Elijah's face contorts in a matter of seconds. First, shock. Second, guilt. And lastly, stress.

I gulp. "Things have been different between you two since the bayou. I can see it in the way you look at her, and how she's always nervous around you." I give him a soft smile. My head tilts to the side. "It's okay, if you feel something for her, Elijah. I think you two should go for it, if you want to." I add the last part.

Elijah closes his eyes, looking away briefly, before shaking his head and turning back to me. "I am not looking for any type of romance right now, Elizabella. Even if I wanted to, I cannot be with Hayley. Not now, at least." Elijah continues down the stairs.

I go after him and immediately cut in front of him. A frown on my lips. "Why not? You deserve to be happy, Elijah—"

"How can I be with her if I still love you?" Elijah interrupts sternly.

My eyes close, and I sigh deeply. "Elijah—"

Elijah shakes his head. "I wanted to be happy, but I wanted to be happy with you. You've made your choice to be with Niklaus. And I would like to move on from you, so please, do me a favor and stay out of my love life for the time being. My only concern is the safety of your unborn children. So, please." Elijah motions to the door behind me, wanting to leave.

His words are harsh, but I know he is right. I did not mean to make him angry or to hurt him, and to keep from showing the sadness on my face, I look down.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, Elijah." is all I say. I mutter an apology as I side step him and make my way to my room.

"Elizabella—" I hear the sadness in his voice, but he stops himself. And I continue on my way.

꧁M꧂
"Have you firgured out how to help Davina?" I ask Klaus as we sit in the courtyard. Some tea between us as I sit facing Klaus, and he sits leaning forward and playing with my fingers absentminedly.

He looks startled, and I know he is trying to calm himself down. The only way he knows how without hurting anyone. Being with me.

I catch Klaus's hand and intertwine our fingers, making him sigh and finally meet my gaze for the first time in ten minutes. He nods.

"We need to prepare. I don't want you with us for this, my love. You need to stay out of it." Klaus raises his brows for an answer.

I nod softly. "Okay. What did Sophie say?" I tilt my head.

Klaus only goes back to playing with my fingers. "According to Sophie Deveraux, as Davina self destructs, she'll cycle through four stages that represent the four elements that bound together the harvest. Earth stage comes first." He gives me a knowing look.

My lips purse. "The earthquake?" I'm in shock. If that was the first stage, how bad were the others going to be?

"Yes. Then comes wind, each stage is more intense than the last, we can only imagine that stage. Then after the wind is water."

I thought for a second. "A flood." My brows furrow. "How bad?"

Klaus sighs. "Quite bad actually, but that's not the worst of it. The last stage is fire. And since it's the last, it will be by far the worst, but I didn't take over this town to watch it burn to the ground." His jaw clenches.

I notice the look on his face. I take a deep breath to prepare myself. "You're going to stop this, right?"

Klaus leans forward in his chair, sitting on the edge. His hand comes up and cups my cheek, his eyes boring into mine. I see hesitance.

"Yes, but you're not going to like how." Klaus almost seems like he is asking permission to go forward. It is a change I do not expect, but it somehow comforts me.

I nod to Klaus. "You do whatever you have to do to keep this city safe. I'm with you, Nik." I assure him.

Klaus closes his eyes in relief. I lean forward and kiss him slow, but deeply. The kiss is such a breath of fresh air that when I pull away, I smile softly at Klaus.

He only gives back a small smile.

I take a deep breath, and glance at the packages of cans I had packed earlier. Klaus follows my gaze. "Everyone is out doing something. Elijah is with Sophie. Rebekah and Hayley are out. I was wondering if we could take those cand to the church. I know you had Father Kieran set up some type of shelter."

Klaus seems unsure. "I don't feel comfortable letting you leave with the city in this state." Just on que, a loud thunder booms. Instinctively, I jump and move into Klaus' arms like a child.

Klaus chuckles at me while I pout. "I don't want to be left alone here." I admit truthfully.

His smile is gone. Klaus stares at me for a few seconds before sighing, and nodding. "Alright then. Let's go to the church then. I'm sure Father Kieran can use more cans and blankets." Klaus kisses the top of my head.

We both stand up, and Klaus holds my hand while we walk over to the chest of supplies. His eyes staring at me fondly.

꧁M꧂
The rain has begun. The drive here was horrendous but somehow Klaus and I had made it into the church without any issues.

When we enter, the place is packed with people all cuddled up in blankets with soft chatter filling the room. My eyes wander around as we go up to Father Kieran who turns to us in surprise. His eyes on me.

"We still haven't gone through with all that you've already provided, Klaus." Father Kieran states.

I smile softly, glancing at Klaus who seems embarrassed at the fact. He had not told me he had helped out these people in need.

Klaus places the two boxes of cand in Father Kieran's arms, before grabbing the pile of blankets from me and handing them to the man as well. "This newest bit isn't from me." Klaus states.

"Oh?" Father Kieran hands off the new supplies to a volunteer. I blush when Klaus places an arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him. The priest turns back to me with a look of confusion. "That's very kind of you..." He trails off.

I smile shyly. "Eliza." My eyes wander around the room. "Who are all these people?"

Klaus answers before Father Kieran can. "I asked Father Kieran to give them shelter. He suffers from an incessant desire to do good, but now I need you to be useful." Klaus releases me and steps closer to the priest.

I cross my arms and hug myself quietly.

"On the drive here, I've learned that Marcel and Davina have disappeared. I assume from the stupefied look on your face they haven't sought refuge in your attic."

The priest shakes his head.

"Then energize your resources. I don't need to remind you how important it is they be found." Klaus mutters to which Father Kieran nods in understanding and leaves while pulling out his phone.

The lights flicker in the church briefly, and thunder booms once again. Klaus turns to me, and notices the way I still look around at all the people.

"They're werewolves."

My head snaps back to Klaus. Brows furrowing in confusion as he watches me. "Why are you helping them?" I ask curiously. "Not that I'm not proud of you for giving back for once." I grab the hems of his jacket and pull him closer.

Klaus' places both hands on my waist, glancing around. He smiles briefly. "They're my clan from very far back. They've fallen upon hard times, and their plight has brought out the philanthropist in me. What can I say?" He smiles at me cheekily.

My jaw drops. "Your clan? As in..." I do not finish that sentence knowing how sensitive of a topic it is. These wolves are from Klaus's biological father's clan. They were his clan.

Klaus nods to me. "The blood that runs in their veins runs in mine and in our child's." Klaus states. He seems hesitant once again as he grabs my hands, before nodding softly. "I heard you're argument with Elijah earlier."

I frown deeply, remembering the man in the fancy suits. "He hated me." I say knowingly. I sit down on one of the aisles benches, and Klaus kneels down to me, squeezing my hand comfortingly.

"We both that's not possible, my love." Klaus raises a brow to me.

I stay silent.

Klaus kisses my hand. "Listen, love. Word of advice when dealing with my brother." Klaus stares deeply into my eyes. "Just apologize. Be patient. He's accomplished many things, but he is a master of forgiveness. He will come around. I know that you need him, even only as a friend at your side." Klaus gives me a fond look.

He kisses my forehead before we leave the church.

꧁M꧂
We all stare at the bodies of the four girls, including Davina, as they lay on the ground with slit throats. I hold my still healing palm that had a closing gash, from having to use my blood earlier to consecreate the bones of Esther so that the harvest could be complete.

Klaus stands beside me while I hold his arm quietly, almost hiding behind him as we watch the ritual be complete. My heart pained as I stare down at Davina's body. She was a sweet girl that did not deserve this.

No one ever deserved any of this horror.

Feeling the tears come once again, I turn my head and lean into Klaus' arm quietly. His hand squeezes mine.

Sophie stands over the girls. "After the harvest comes the reaping. Their sacrifices made and accepted, we call upon our elders to resurrect your chosen ones." Sophie stares at the sky, before looking down at the girls.

There is a brief silence in the cemetery as we wait.

Five seconds. Ten seconds. Thirty seconds.

My blood runs cold. I look around at all the confused faces. My eyes finding Marcel who seems to be losing his patience.

"We call upon our elders to resurrect your chosen ones." Sophie repeats.

Still nothing.

My hand goes over my mouth as Sophie breaks down into sobs. The girls still lay there dead. Marcel speeds away in anger. And Klaus quickly goes after him. I stay standing there, listening to Sophie's sobs.

Rebekah walks away next, going past me.

I look after her seeing her wipe her tears, before turning to Elijah and Hayley. The two are staring at each other before Elijah slowly turns to me. And without saying anything, he and Hayley leave as well.

Silently, I look back at Sophie's broken down form.

I leave quietly as to not disturb her form.

꧁M꧂
An hour later, I roam the streets of the Quarter walking as slow as possible home. Klaus has called me twice but I assured him I was fine and just needed time to myself to think.

And being so stuck in thought walking an empty street, I bump past a woman accidently, knocking me out of my head.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I look up. My brows furrowing up at the red-head standing before me. My eyes go down to her dirty dress and knotted red hair. She looked so lost.

The red-head smiles to me. "My apologies, darling." She turns and continues on her way. Walking while looking around in amazement.

I turn to leave, but pause for a movement, confusion striking me as I turn back to look at the woman as she turns the street corner.

Furrowing my brows, I stare after her and place a hand on my stomach as it churns.

There is a nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach.

꧁M꧂
Guess who's coming to f—things up with Klaus and Eliza!!🤠🤠🤠

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 297 41
After Emily Gilbert basically went through hell and back she finds herself where she first started, traveling with Klaus, the only difference is that...
2.5K 102 18
"You're the key Georgia, I know you don't realise it but your everything to him" Georgia Gilbert wasn't considered to be the favourite of the Gilber...
455K 8.8K 65
"I don't think I would have done it. I mean, I was prepared, but I don't think I could have gone against you." "You wouldn't have killed me, but you...
131K 2.7K 10
After an agreement between 2 out of 3 Gilbert siblings they have decided to keep Andrea out of the loop with anything that isn't supposed to be.. rea...