Bittersweet and strange ~ Doc...

By StineSkar

Genderbent Doctor who story. Season 5 - ? More

Cast
Season 5
The Eleventh Hour
The Beast Below
The Time Of Angels
Flesh And Stone
Vampires Of Venice
The Hungry Earth
Cold Blood
The Lodger
The Pandorica Opens
The Big Bang
Season 6
The Impossible Astronaut
The Curse Of The Black Spot
The Doctor's Husband
The Rebel Flesh
The Almost People
A Good Woman Goes To War

Day Of The Moon

136 4 1
By StineSkar

Valley Of The Gods – Utah

Three months later – July 1969. Andy is running for his life from men in a four-wheel drive. "Suspect directly ahead. Coming to you now. Over" Canton orders.

Another vehicle is coming from the opposite direction. They trap him by a cliff. They stop the cars and they step out. "Canton" Andy greets him.

"Mister Pond"

Some agents drag a body bag out of the car and throws it on the ground, gaining Andy's attention, "Is that a body bag?"

"Yes, it is" Canton nods his head confirmation.

"It's empty"

"How about that?" Canton says, aiming his gun at him.

"Do you even know why you're doing this, eh? Can you even remember the warehouse?" Andy asks him.

**********

Memory – Warehouse

The Doctor is dragging Canton away, "Canton. Rory, Rory!"

"River, come on" Andy shouts joining them.

"Run!"

"What the hell's going on?" Canton asks confused.

"Look behind you" The Doctor tells him.

"There's nothing behind me" Canton says.

"Look. Look. Canton, look, I tell you" The Doctor insists.

Canton turns around and is face to face with a silence, "Canton" it hisses.

Back to Utah Canton shoots Andy. He falls to the ground and his arm is full of tally marks on it.

**********

Area 51 – Nevada

The Doctor is in a straight-jacket, shackles to a chair with a yellow circle around it. She is surrounded by guards and notices saying, "do not approach the prisoner" and "do not interact with the prisoner", and her hair has grown out considerably.

"All visitors to remain behind the yellow line. All visitors to remain behind the yellow line"

"We found Andy Pond. He had strange markings on his arm. Do you know what they are?" Canton asks, dropping pictures of the strange markings on Andy's arm on the floor in front of her.

"Why don't you ask him?" The Doctor asks him. Canton smiles condescendingly at her. The Doctor looks worried to the picture again.

**********

New York

River has tally marks on his arms, too. He is wearing an evening suit and running through a skyscraper under construction. "I see you. I see you" he tallies two more Silence on his arm.

Suddenly Canton and the agents shows up, "Doctor Wolf? Doctor Wolf? Go! Go! Go!" he calls when River runs.

They catch up with him at an open wall, "Don't move! It's over" Canton warns him.

"They're here, Canton. They're everywhere" River tells him.

"I know. America's being invaded" Canton teases, not believing him.

"You were invaded a long time ago. America is occupied"

"You're coming with us, Doctor Wolf. There's no way out this time" Canton tells him.

"There's always a way out" River gently falls backwards out of the skyscraper. Canton runs to the edge and looks down at River who falls.

**********

Area 51

A wall is being constructed around the Doctor. "We found Doctor Wolf" Canton informs her.

The Doctor doesn't seem to be listening, watching the wall that is being made around her, "These bricks, what are they made of? Where is he?"

"He ran. Off the fiftieth floor"

"I'd say zero balance dwarf star alloy. The densest material in the universe. Nothing gets through that. You're building me the perfect prison." She finally turns her head and stares Canton straight in the eyes, "And it still won't be enough" She threatens him.

**********

Glen Canyon Dam – Arizona

A very disheveled Rory with lots of tally marks on her skin runs out onto the top of the dam, only to find lots of men with guns waiting for her, and it's a long way down, "What are you waiting for?" Rory asks, accepting her fate.

"I'm waiting for you to run. It'd look better if I shot you while you're running. Then again, looks aren't everything" Canton says before shooting her.

**********

Area 51 – Cell

Body bags are dragged into the completed dwarf star alloy cell surrounding the Doctor. "is there a reason you're doing this?" the Doctor asks Canton.

"I want you to know where you stand" Canton tells her.

"In a cell"

"In the perfect cell. Nothing can penetrate these walls. Not a sound, not a radio wave, not the tiniest particle of anything" Canton closes the door when the soldiers leaves. The entrance vanishes. There is a palm print panel near where it should be. "In here, you're literally cut off from the rest of the universe. So, I guess they can't hear us, right?"

"Good work, Canton. Door sealed?" the Doctor asks him.

"You bet" Canton answers and the Doctor stands up shaking off her shackles and strait-jacket. The body bags sit up, gasping for breath. "Are you okay?" the Doctor asks them as they open the body bags. She leans down and kisses Rory on top of her head.

"Finally" Andy sighs in relief.

"These things could really do with air holes" Rory comments.

"Never had a complaint before" Canton shrugs.

"Isn't it going to look odd that you're staying in here with us?" Andy asks Canton.

"Odd, but not alarming. They know there's no way out of this place" Canton answers him.

"Exactly. Whatever they might think we're doing in here, they know we're not going anywhere" the Doctor slumps to her right and leans against the invisible Tardis. She snaps her fingers to open the door, "Shall we?"

"What about Doctor Wolf?" Canton asks following them into the Tardis, "He dove off a rooftop"

The Doctor works on the controls, answering the question "Don't worry. He does that. Andy, Rory, open all the doors to the swimming pool"

River turns into a dive, and plummets through the Tardis' open door where it's parked on the side of the skyscraper. There is a big splash as he lands in the swimming pool.

"So, we know they're everywhere. Not just a landing party, an occupying force, and they have been here a very, very long time. But nobody knows that, because no one can remember them" the Doctor says.

"So what are they up to?" Canton asks her.

"No idea. But the good news is, we've got a secret weapon" the Doctor smiles smugly, walking out of the Tardis. The others follow her out to stare at a rocket on launch pad nearby.

"Apollo 11's your secret weapon?" River asks her confused, he's changed from his wet clothes into a new set.

"No, no. It's not Apollo 11. That would be silly. It's Neil Armstrong's foot" The Doctor explains, smiling.

**********

Tardis

The Doctor has injected something into Canton's palm. "Ow!"

"Ha. So, three months. What have we found out?" The Doctor asks them.

"Well, they are everywhere. Every state in America. Ahh" Andy explains before he too got injected.

"Not just America, the entire world" the Doctor says.

"There's a greater concentration here, though" River says as Rory gets injected too in the palm.

"Are you okay?" the Doctor asks her quietly.

"All better" Rory nods.

"Better?"

"Turns out I was wrong. I'm not pregnant" Rory tells her.

"What's up?" Andy asks, noticing their quiet conversation.

"Nothing. Really, nothing. Seriously" Rory says quickly.

"So you've seen them, but you don't remember them" Canton says, going back to the Silence.

"You've seen them, too. That night at the warehouse, remember? While you were pretending to hunt us down, we saw hundreds of those things. We still don't know what they look like" River explains to him.

"It's like they edit themselves out of your memory as soon as you look away. The exact second you're not looking at them, you can't remember anything" Andy explains.

"Sometimes you feel a bit sick, though, but not always" Rory inputs.

"So that's why you marked your skin" Canton realizes.

"Only way we'd know if we'd had an encounter" Andy says.

"How long have they been here?" Canton asks.

"That's what we've spent the last three months trying to find out" Andy tells him.

"Not easy, if you can't remember anything you discover" Rory sighs.

"How long do you think?" Canton asks.

"As long as there's been something in the corner of your eye, or creaking in your house, or breathing under your bed, or voices through a wall. They've been running your lives for a very long time now, so keep this straight in your head. We are not fighting an alien invasion, we're leading a revolution. And today, the battle begins" The Doctor explains.

"How?"

"Like this" the Doctor quickly injects River.

"Ow!"

The Doctor laughs, "Nanorecorder. Fuses with the cartilage in your hand," she injects herself, "Ow. And it tunes itself directly to the speech centers in your brain. It'll pick up your voice, no matter what. Telepathic connection. So, the moment you see one of the creatures, you activate it," She presses down on her palm "and describe aloud exactly what you're seeing" There's a red flashing light in her palm and a recording of her last sentence plays out.

"Because the moment you break contact, you're going to forget it happened. The light will flash if you've left yourself a message. You keep checking your hand if you've had an encounter. That's the first you'll know about it"

"Why didn't you tell me this before we started?" Canton asks her.

"I did, but even information about these creatures erases itself over time. I couldn't refresh it because I couldn't talk to you" the Doctor explains to him. Canton looks away then turns back and adjusts the Doctor's bow tie. The others are staring at him intensely.

"What? What are you staring at?"

"Look at your hand" River tells him. Canton looks and a little dot is flashing in his palm.

"Why is it doing that?"

"What does it mean if the light's flashing? What did I just tell you?" the Doctor reminds him.

"I haven't"

"Play it" the Doctor tells him, and Canton plays it.

"My god, how did it get in here?"

"Keep eye contact with the creature and, when I say, turn back, and when you do, straighten my bow tie"

"What? What are you staring at?"

"look at your hand"

They all look to the entrance of the Tardis and one of the aliens is standing there. "It's a hologram, extrapolated from the photo on Rory's phone. Take a good, long look" the Doctor tells them before she turns off the image, "You just saw an image of one of the creatures we're fighting. Describe it to me"

They try think but it's blank, "I can't" Canton tells her.

"No. Neither can I. You straightened my bow tie because I planted the idea in your head while you were looking at the creature" the Doctor explains.

"So they could do that to people. You could be doing stuff and not really knowing why you're doing it" Andy asks.

"Like posthypnotic suggestion" Rory adds.

"Ruling the world with posthypnotic suggestion?" River asks in disbelief.

"Now then, a little girl in a spacesuit. They got the suit from NASA, but where did they get the girl?" The Doctor asks.

"It could be anywhere" Canton says.

"Except they'd probably stay close to that warehouse, because why bother doing anything else? And they'd take her from somewhere that would cause the least amount of attention. But you'll have to find her. I'm off to NASA" the Doctor tells them.

"Find her? Where do we look?" Canton asks.

"Children's homes"

**********

Apollo 11

The Doctor is in Apollo 11 screwing around with the machinery, she's talking on the phone with Rory, "Rory"

"I think we've found the place she was taken from" Rory says, walking through a what seems to be an abandoned children's home.

"How do you know?"

"Because those things have been here. But the whole place is deserted. There's just one guy here and I think he's lost it"

"Repeated memory wipes fry your head eventually. Find out what you can, but don't hang around" the Doctor tells her.

"Where are you?" Rory asks her curious.

"Got to go. Got company" She closes the panel she has been working on and looks to the scientists that caught her, "Don't worry, I've put everything back that way I found it. Except this. There's always a bit left over, isn't there?"

The scientists are not amused. The Doctor's gizmo quietly beeps to itself inside the module.

**********

Lecture Hall

Diagrams of the command module and the lander are on the blackboards. The Doctor is handcuffed, sitting on a chair. "Now, one more time, ma'am. How the hell did you get into the command module?" Gardner interrogates her.

"I told you. I'm on a top-secret mission for the president" the Doctor tells them. Before she starts biting at the chain between her cuffs.

"Well, maybe if you just get President Nixon to assure us of that, ma'am, that would be swell" Gardner says amused, not believing her.

"I sent him a message" the Doctor tells him just as the president enters, with River and Andy. The Doctor greets them with a two hand wave.

"Hello. I believe it's Mister Gardner. Is that correct? Head of security?" Nixon greets Gardner shaking his hand.

"Uh, yes sir. Yes, mister president" Gardner stutters in shock.

"Mister Grant is it?" Nixon greets the other man in the room, also shaking his hand.

"Yes, Mister president"

"The hopes and dreams of millions of Americans stand here today at Cape Kennedy, and you're the men who guard those dreams. On behalf of the American people, I thank you" Nixon tells them.

"You're welcome, mister president" Gardner says.

"I understand you have a baby on the way, mister Grant" Nixon chats.

"Yes, mister president"

"What are you hoping for, a boy or a girl?"

"Just a healthy American, sir"

"A healthy American will do just nicely. Now, fellows, listen. This woman, here, code name the Doctor, is doing some work for me personally. Could you cut her a little slack?" Nixon asks them. Gardner and Grant looks over to the Doctor who smiles brightly waving at them.

"Uh, Mister president, she did break in to Apollo 11" Gardner informs him.

"Sorry" the Doctor mouths quietly when Nixon looks over to her.

"Well, I'm sure she had a very good reason for that. But I need you to release her now, so she can get on with some very important work for the American people. Could you do that for me?" Nixon excuses her.

"Well..." Grant is hesitant to let her go.

"Son, I am your commander in chief"

"Then I guess that would be fine, mister president" Gardner relents.

"Glad to hear it"

The MP releases the Doctor, "Thank you Bye, bye" She stands and shakes Grants hand before she shakes Gardners. The Doctor walks out of there and towards her Tardis.

"Carry on, gentlemen" Nixon says goodbye before he walks out flanked by River and Andy.

**********

Oval Office

The Doctor has returned Nixon to Washington in the Tardis, "You have to tape everything that happens in this office. Every word, or you won't know if you're under the influence"

"Doctor, you have to give me more than this. What were you doing to Apollo 11?" Nixon asks her.

"Thing. A clever thing. Now, no more questions. You have to trust me and nobody else"

River pops out of the Tardis with the telephone, "Doctor, it's Canton. Quick, he needs us"

**********

Orphanage – Attic Corridor

"Help me. Please, I can't. I can't see. Somebody help me" Rory cries through the locked door. Canton finds the door but can't get in.

"Rory! Rory, can you hear me? Rory, I'm going to try to blow the lock. I need you to stand back" Canton calls through the door. He backs up prepared to shoot at the lock, but the Doctor shows up and stops him.

"Okay, gun down. I've got it"

"Rory, we're here. Are you okay?" Andy yells worriedly as the Doctor works on the lock.

"I can't see" Rory sobs as they rush into the room.

"Where is she, Doctor?" Andy asks as they look at the empty room. Rory not in sight, but the spacesuit is lying on the floor.

"It's empty" River confirms, checking the spacesuit.

"It's dark. So dark. I don't know where I am. Please, can anybody hear me?" Rory's nanorecorder is on the floor, flashing.

"They took this out of her. How did they do that, Doctor? Why can I still hear her?" Andy asks, picking up the nanorecorder.

"Is it a recording?" River asks confused.

"Uh, it defaults to live. This is current. Wherever she is right now, this is what she's saying" The Doctor explains to them.

"Rory, can you hear me? We're coming for you. Wherever you are, we're coming, I swear" Andy promises talking into the recorder.

"She can't hear you. I'm so sorry. it's one way" The Doctor tells him.

"She can always hear me, Doctor. Always. Wherever she is, and she always knows that I am coming for her. Do you understand me? Always" Andy tells her determined.

"Hello? Is somebody there? I think someone has been shot. I think we should help. We c— I can't re—I can't remember" The confused orderly says, showing up in the doorway.

**********

Office

The silence is still alive with a gunshot wound. "Okay. Who and what are you?" the Doctor asks it.

"Silence, Doctor. We are the Silence"

The Doctor remembers from her past adventures with Andy and Rory, Prisoner Zero; "Silence, Doctor" Doctor and Rory; "Rory listen to that" "Silence" Rosanna; "We ran from the Silence" "The Silence?"

"And Silence will fall" the creatures continues.

**********

Warehouse

They are examining the spacesuit with the alien's own technology. "It's an exoskeleton. Basically, life support. There's about twenty different kinds of alien tech in here" River tells her.

"Who was she? Why put her in here?" The Doctor wonders.

"You put this on, you don't even need to eat. The suit processes sunlight directly. It's got built in weaponry, and a communications system that can hack into anything" River explains.

"Including the telephone network" the Doctor asks him.

"Easily"

"But why phone the president?"

"It defaults to the highest authority it can find. The little girl gets frightened, the most powerful man on Earth gets a phone call. The night terrors with a hotline to the white house" River explains.

The Doctor licks her invitation envelope. River looks to her, "You won't learn anything from that envelope, you know"

"Purchased on earth. Perfectly ordinary stationery. Tardis blue. Summoned by a stranger who won't even show his face. That's a first, for me. How about you?" she asks him.

"Our lives are back to front. Your future's my past. Your firsts are my lasts" River tells her sadly.

"That's not really what I asked"

"Ask something else, then" River tells her.

"What are the Silence doing, raising a child?" the Doctor asks, going back to the problem at hand.

"Keeping her safe, even giving her independence"

"The only way to save Rory is to work out what the Silence are doing" the Doctor tells Andy.

"I know" Andy answers quietly still clutching Rory's nanorecorder.

"And every single thing we learn about them brings us a step closer"

"Yeah, Doctor, I get it. I know"

"Of course, it's possible she's not just any little girl"

"Well, I'd say she's human, going by the life support software" River trails off.

"But?" the Doctor edges him on.

"She climbed out of this suit. Like she forced her way out. She must be incredibly strong" River tells, showing the ruined belt that was holding the girl in place.

"Incredibly strong and running away. I like her"

"We should be trying to find her"

"Yes, I know. But how? Anyway, I have the strangest feeling she's going to find us" the Doctor tells him.

"Why does it look like a NASA spacesuit?" Rory asks her.

"Because that's what Silence do. Think about it. They don't make anything themselves. They don't have to. They get other life forms to do it for them" the Doctor explains.

"So they're parasites, then" River comments.

"Superparasites, standing in the shadows of human history since the very beginning. We know they can influence human behavior any way they want. If they've been doing that on a global scale for thousands of years"

"Then what?" Rory asks her.

"Then why did the human race suddenly decide to go to the moon?" the Doctor asks as the countdown starts on television for the liftoff of Apollo 11, "Because the Silence needed a spacesuit"

**********

Canton has sent a video file to River's tricorder. The spacesuit glove twitches. "This suit, it seems to be repairing itself. How's it doing that? Doctor, a unit like this, would it ever be able to move without an occupant?" River asks the Doctor.

"Why?"

"Well, the little girl said the spaceman was coming to eat her. Maybe that's exactly what happened" River tells her.

**********

Spaceship

The Tardis materializes inside the spaceship among the Silence and Rory who's tied up. The Doctor walks out carrying a television, River and Andy follow her "Oh, interesting. Very Aickman Road. I've seen one of these before. Abandoned. I wonder how that happened? Oh, well I suppose I'm about to find out. Andy, River, keep one Silent in eyeshot at all times. Oh, hello. Sorry, you were in the middle of something. I just had to say, though, have you seen what's on the telly? Oh, hello, Rory. Are you all right? Want to watch some television? Ah. Now, stay where you are. Because look at me, I'm confident. You want to watch that, me, when I'm confident. Oh, and this is my friend River. Nice hair, clever, has his own gun, and unlike me, he really doesn't mind shooting people. I shouldn't like that. Kind of do, a bit"

"Thank you, sweetie" River smirks.

"I know you're team players and everything, but he'll definitely kill at least the first three of you" the Doctor warns them.

"Well, the first seven, easily" River brags.

"Seven? Really?" The Doctor raises her eyebrow at him.

"Oh, eight for you, honey" River flirts.

"Stop it"

"Make me"

"Yeah? Well, maybe I will" The Doctor flirts back.

"Is this really important flirting? Because I feel like I should be higher on the list right now" Rory complains still trapped.

"Yes. Right. Sorry. As I was saying, my naughty friend here is going to kill the first three of you to attack, plus him behind, so maybe you want to draw lots or have a quiz" the Doctor gets back to point as Andy is trying to free Rory.

"What's she got?" Rory asks Andy.

"Something, I hope"

"Or maybe you could just listen a minute. Because all I really want to do is accept your total surrender and then I'll let you go in peace. Yes, you've been interfering in human history for thousands of years. Yes, people have suffered and died, but what's the point in two hearts, if you can't be a bit forgiving, now and then? Ooh, the Silence. You guys take that seriously, don't you? Okay, you got me. I'm lying. I'm not really going to let you go that easily. Nice thought, but it's not Christmas. First, you tell me about the girl. Who is she? Why is she important? What's she for?" the Doctor asks them, standing face to face with one, but no one answers her.

On the television a reporter says "And we're getting a picture on the tv"

"Guys, sorry, but you're way out of time. Now, come on. A bit of history for you. Aren't you proud? Because you helped. Now, do you know how many people are watching this live on the telly? Half a billion. And that's nothing, because the human race will spread out among the stars. You just watch them fly. Billions and billions of them, for billions and billions of years, and every single one of them at some point in their lives, will look back at this man, taking that very first step, and they will never, ever forget it" the Doctor gets out her phone.

"Oh, but they'll forget this bit. Ready?"

"Ready" Canton answers on the other end of the phone. He attaches the videophone to the Doctor's super satellite phone and dials up Apollo 11.

"That's one small step for a man" the tv glitches before the picture switches out for the injured Silence saying, "You should kill us all on sight" repeatedly.

"You've given the order for your own execution, and the whole planet just heard you" the Doctor tells them.

"You should kill us all on sight" the picture switches back to Neil Armstrong, "One giant leap for mankind"

"And one whacking great kick up the backside for the Silence. You just raised an army against yourself and now, for a thousand generations, you're going to be ordering them to destroy you every day. How fast can you run? Because today's the day the human race throws you off their planet. They won't even know they're doing it. I think, quite possibly, the word you're looking for right now is oops" The Silence have been backing her up while she talked, "Run! Guys, I mean us. Run" the Doctor finishes off her speech.

The silence in rage generates its electric shock. River starts shooting them. "I can't get her out!" Andy shouts, still struggling with the restraints.

"Run! Into the Tardis, quickly" River yells at them. The Doctor sonicks Rory free, and Andy helps her into the Tardis.

"Don't let them build to full power" the Doctor warns River, as they stand back to back.

"I know. There's a reason why I'm shooting, honey. What are you doing?" River asks her.

"Helping" the Doctor says pointing her screwdriver at the Silence.

"You've got a screwdriver. Go build a cabinet"

"That's really rude"

"Learn how to drive" River shouts, jutting his butt out pushing the Doctor forwards.

The Doctor goes to the Tardis. River spins around and around, shooting all the time. Finally, all the Silence lie dead. Rory stands in the Tardis entrance and River puts his gun away, "My old girl didn't see that, did she? She gets ever so cross" River asks Rory.

"So, what kind of doctor are you?" Rory asks him confused.

River shoots a Silence behind him without looking, "Archaeology. Love a tomb" River tells him as he enters the Tardis.

**********

Tardis

"You can let me fly it" the Doctor whines to River.

"Yeah, or we could go where we're supposed to" River teases her.

**********

Oval Office

Nixon shakes the Doctor's hand, "So we're safe again"

"Safe? No, of course you're not safe. There's about a billion other things out there just waiting to burn your whole world. But, if you want to pretend you're safe, just so you can sleep at night? Okay, you're safe. But you're not really. Canton. Until the next one, eh?" the Doctor rambles on.

"Looking forward to it" Canton shakes her hand.

"Canton just wants to get married. Hell of a reason to kick him out of the FBI" the Doctor tells Nixon.

"I'm sure something can be arranged"

"I'm counting on you" the Doctor goes back to the Tardis but stops as Nixon speaks up.

"Uh, Doctor. Canton here tells me you're, you're from the future. It hardly seems possible, but I was wondering" Nixon says hesitantly.

"I should warn you I don't answer a lot of questions"

"But I'm a president at the beginning of his time. Dare I ask. Will I be remembered?" Nixon asks her.

"Oh, Dicky. Tricky Dicky. They're never going to forget you. Say hi to David Frost for me" the Doctor tells him before entering the Tardis.

"David Frost?" Nixon murmurs confused as they watch the Tardis disappear. "This person you want to marry. Black?" Nixon asks Canton.

"Yes"

"Hmm. I know what people think of me, but perhaps I'm a little more liberal"

"He is" Canton stops him.

Nixon looks at him in shock, "I think the moon is far enough, for now, don't you, Mister Delaware?"

"I figured it might be"

**********

Stormcage

"You could come with us" the Doctor offers River as he stands in his cell with the Doctor leaning in the opening.

"I escape often enough, thank you. And I have a promise to live up to. You'll understand soon enough" River tells her, touching her bowtie.

"Okay. Up to you. See you next time. Call me" the Doctor leans up and begins to walk towards the Tardis.

River laughs in disbelief, "What, that's it? what's the matter with you?"

The Doctor turns around and walks over again, "Have I forgotten something?"

"Oh, shut up" River grabs her by the back of the neck and pulls her in for a kiss. The Doctor is in complete shock. When they split the Doctor is completely stunned, "Right. Okay. Interesting"

"What's wrong? You're acting like we've never done that before" River asks her confused.

"We haven't" the Doctor tells him guiltily, scratching her head.

"We haven't?" River asks her heartbroken.

"Oh, look at the time. Must be off. But it was very nice. It was, it was good. It was uh, unexpected. You know what they say. There's a first time for everything" the Doctor rambles on nervously as she backs up to the Tardis before entering.

"And a last time" River says staring after her longingly and saddened.

**********

Tardis

"Andy, I'm going to need thermocouplings. The green ones and blue ones" the Doctor tells Andy.

"Okay, hold on" Andy goes down the stairs. When he disappears out of their sights the Doctor turns to Rory, "So"

"So" Rory says confused.

"You're okay?" the Doctor asks her, referring to her pregnancy scare.

"Fine. Head's a bit weird. There's loads of stuff I can't quite remember" she tells her, thinking she's asking about the kidnapping.

"After effect of the Silence. Natural enough. That's not what I was asking. You told me you were pregnant" the Doctor explains.

"Yes"

"Why?"

"Because I was. I mean, I thought I was. It turns out I wasn't" Rory tells her.

"No, why did you tell me?" the Doctor repeats, leaning against the console with her arms crossed.

"Because you're my friend. You're my best friend"

"Hmm. Did you tell Andy?" She asks her.

"No" Rory sighs, turning to lean against the console by her side.

"Rory, why tell me and not Andy?" the Doctor asks her confused.

"Why do you think? I travelled with you in this Tardis for so long. All that time. If I was pregnant for some of it, wouldn't it have had an effect?" Rory asks worried, "I don't want to tell Andy his baby might have three heads or, like, a timehead, or something"

The Doctor look confused for a moment, "What's a timehead?"

"I don't know, but what if it had one?"

"A timehead" the Doctor giggles.

"Shut up" Rory joins her giggling.

Andy joins them after he's caught listening on the nanorecorder. Rory and Andy flirt a bit before the Doctor speaks up clapping her hands, "So, this little girl. It's all about her. Who was she? Or we could just go off and have some adventures. Anyone in the mood for adventures? Because I am. You only live once"

The Doctor looks to her scanner with a concerned look. On the scanner is – Rory Pond full body scan in progress. Pregnancy positive. Negative. Positive. Negative. It can't settle on one as it switches between them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 49.4K 55
π–πˆπ“π‚π‡ | ❝i was about to have my menopause! do i really need to go through all that stuff again?❞ -in which number eight, a telekinetic badass do...
2.1K 95 11
I give up on writing summaries...YEAR FIVE πŸ˜ƒ
281 2 30
Doctor Who Future is set several regenerations after the current Doctor. The stories featured in Doctor Who Future are as close to canon as possible...
10.4K 367 14
𝘒 𝘡𝘳𝘢𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘯π˜₯ 𝘀𝘒𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘡 𝘣𝘦 𝘯𝘦π˜ͺ𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘯𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘡𝘳𝘦𝘡𝘀𝘩𝘦π˜₯ 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘣𝘺 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘀π˜ͺ𝘦𝘴, 𝘒𝘨𝘦, 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦�...