The Boss and I

By mochimochi87

Jimin being oppressed by the Big Boss. He keeps fighting but keeps losing. So he finally stopped struggling a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Interesting Tidbits on Life After Marriage - Part 1
Interesting Tidbits on Life After Marriage - Part 2
Interesting Tidbits on Life After Marriage - Part 3
Interesting Tidbits on Life After Marriage - Part 4
Interesting Tidbits on Life After Marriage - Part 5

Chapter 28

9.2K 553 149
By mochimochi87

Jimin stays at home until the seventh day of Lunar New Year before going back. In this period of time, he has had four telephone conversations with the President, each calling the other person twice. The main topic of his calls was about eating and drinking, asking if he has been eating and drinking well. Big Boss mainly talked about the finalization of the return journey and the customer satisfaction survey after giving away the Lunar New Year's gifts.

Both parties are also satisfied with the quality of their few conversations.

"You are taking the plane? You used to take the train?"

At Jimin's home, Ho Seok is lying on Jimin's bed and watching him packing his luggage.

Jimin is also not speaking, quietly takes out his mobile phone, searches and shows a text message to Ho Seok. She takes a look, "The airline company sent ticket booking confirmation to you? Why are you showing me this?"

"I did not make the booking...... The day before yesterday, he suddenly sent it to my mobile phone = ="

"Very overbearing, the desire to exercise control is very strong." Ho Seok holds up his face with both hands and there are many stars in his eyes.

Jimin shuts his mouth and decides not to tell him the message is followed by a phone call by someone who wants to exercise his strong desire to control. He ordered him not to wander around after getting off the plane and must wait in the airport for his flight to land.

Ho Seok  is starry-eyed infatuated for a moment: "I am asking you, what are your plans after going back?"

"Uh firstly, pay him back the plane ticket money." Jimin honestly speaks her mind.

Ho Seok really wants to hit the wall and says: "Don't you think returning the money is spoiling his good intention?"

"But I also cannot take advantage of him ah." Jimin is very insistence.

"Of course the money has to be repaid, but don't you feel by doing that you are being icy cold? Do you think your boss will care much about this twenty pieces of papers? You cannot do it in another way!"

"Then what should I do?" Jimin is struck dumb by what Ho Seok said. He really feels he will look silly if he gives that little money to Big Boss.

"You do not know, soon after the Lunar New Year is Valentine's Day? You do not know how to buy something and give people!"

Ho Seok rants. He is a romance novel author so why does he have such a friend who lacks love IQ ah!

With Ho Seok's encouragement, the two get dressed and go straight to the city's most upscale shopping mall.

While they are on their way, Jimin is pondering over what to buy. Ho Seok leaves him alone to his thoughts. As a result when they are approaching the mall, Jimin grabs him and says seriously: "Ho Seok, I think we cannot buy something costing $2,000. You think, ah, I owe him $2,000 so if I buy something worth $2000, it will not be considered a gift but a debt repayment. Thus, we will buy something costing $2,500 ....."

Ho Seok glances at him and quickly ends the dialogue: "Park Jimin, shut up!"

They stroll around in the mall and realise it is really difficult to buy a man's gift, especially for a man such as JK.

"Shall we buy a pen?" Jimin proposes.

Ho Seok: "Can you be even more old-fashioned?"

"What about a belt?"

"Also, no good, too sensuous."

"How can it be ...... Sensuous ...... "

"People say that men give women clothes to take them off. What you want to do by giving your boss a belt ........." Ho Seok laughs. "The female lead in my last book unfortunately gave a belt and it is the reason used by the male lead as an excuse to eat her up in the first chapter."

" ......Ho Seok, you write erotic novel?"

They stroll for exactly two full hours in the mall and finally buy a satisfactory gift. The next day, Jimin brings the $2,580 gift selected by the two of them with the utmost care to board a plane to return to S City.

The plane lands at three something in the afternoon while Big Boss's plane will land a few hours later at the same airport. Thus after getting off the plane, Jimin drags his luggage to the café right across the arrival hall, on the second level.

This is what Big Boss commanded, to wait for him here and leave together.

After ordering a drink, Jimin finds a seat that can see the passengers coming out from the arrival hall on the ground floor. He sits down and calls his family to inform them that he has arrived safely. Then after every few minutes, he will look at the exit of the arrival hall.

After looking a few more times, finally he also feels bored and drinks his juice. Before long he takes out the gift to Big Boss from his small bag.

The gift is a pair of silver cufflinks.

Dark silver metal inlaid with black gems, delicate workmanship brings out a low-key but luxurious feel.

Jimin lays them out on his palm. How to give them to Big Boss?

Does he have to wait until February 14th?

When he takes them out, what shall he say?

Big Boss will have what kind of reaction?

He rests his upper body on the table and looks at the cuff links in his hands. Various kinds of images pass through his mind. Gradually, Jimin is feeling a little sleepy. He clenches the cuff links and decides to close his eyes to rest for a while.

Slowly, he loses consciousness. he does not know how long has passed, but in his drowsy state he seems to hear the sound of the collision of chinaware.

Jimin sleepily looks up and notices a well-tailored black shirt. The brain is not fully awake yet. He sits up and is surprised to see Big Boss's gentle and handsome face.

He is holding a white porcelain cup in his hand and reading a magazine.

"You are awake?"

" ...... "

Jimin is completely awake now, "When did you arrive?"

"Half an hour ago."

Huh, Jimin embarrassingly says: "Why you did not call my mobile phone?"

"I thought someone will meet me at the exit."

" ...... " Jimin is ashamed, "I, I accidentally fell asleep."

"Slept well?"JK casually asks.

" ...... Okay = ="

"Then let's go as the driver has arrived." JK puts down the cup and picks up his coat and luggage.

"Oh, I have to settle the bill."

"I have already paid."

"Wait ah." Jimin stops and anxiously looks around on the ground. When he is standing up, he notices that only one of the cuff links is left.

JK watches her looking around aimlessly for a while, before extending out his hand, "Are you looking for this?"

" ...... " Jimin looks at the cuff link in his hand, "How come it is with you ...."

"I picked it up at the side of your feet." His eyes' color is deep, "Where is the other one?"

Jimin embarrassingly gives him the one he is still holding in his hand. Initially he wants to find an appropriate time to give them to him. How come now it becomes like the landlord is rushing him to handover the property = = "

Looks like something I can use."

" ...... Yes, they are for you."

"Gift?"

"= = Yes."

JK does not speak again and walks out of the cafe. After turning over all his property, Jimin silently follows him. When they are waiting for the lift, JK suddenly speaks up: "Why all of a sudden give me these?"

"Oh, that something day is around the corner ......"

"Valentine's Day?" JK smiles, "Our family is very traditional so we never celebrate the Western Valentine's Day."

Ah? JK is surprised, so he has wasted her gift?

"My parents knew each other while studying overseas. They loved to celebrate Western holidays, but my grandfather hated them so on more than one occasion lectured my parents. Thus when I was a child, whenever it was Valentine's Day, my parents pretended to take Yura and I out. Then they left us with a nanny and the two of them sneaked out for a date."

Jimin knows his parents were killed together in a car accident. Although when he talked about them, his tone did not reveal any emotion, his heart will surely be a little uncomfortable and unhappy.

Suddenly, Jimin wants to hold his hand but is also a little embarrassed. Eventually, he slowly holds out his hand, but his fingers only touches the back of his hand and right away JK turns his hand over and captures it.

Although they have kissed many times, this is their first time holding hands in a public place. Jimin's heart is full of tensions and worries so he decides to divert his attention by calmly discussing with him: "Then are we going to celebrate? What about we also sneak out to celebrate Valentine's Day?"

JK turns around and takes a look at him, holding tightly the small hand which seems to want to escape from his hand and curls the lower lip slightly, "Okay."

Perhaps the temperature of his palm is too scorching or his mind is too confusing while he is holding his hand all the way, Jimin only remembers to ask when he arrives at the car park and sees the driver: "Where are we going?"

"Firstly, we go to my home in the city to let you recognize the place, then we go out for dinner."

Why recognize the place ...... Jimin is a little embarrassed and feeling uncomfortable so he tries to think of something to say: "...... Oh, by the way, we need to go to the government department first to replace my lost cards."

"Okay." JK grasps the hand he has been holding, puts it on his lips and gently kisses it, "You're so troublesome."

Until dinner time, Jimin can still feel the touch of that lingering kiss on his hand. He could not help but raises his head and secretly looks at the man who has bent down to eat at the opposite side. When he went home, he changed his clothes. He has already fastened the cuff links Jimin gave him on his shirt cuffs. Initially, he felt the cuff links were very delicate and sparkling, but after he had put them on, they seem to immediately lose their splendor and become ordinary.

"What are you looking at? Reluctant to give me?"

"No, no."

Jimin quickly looks down and continues to eat. Then, he suddenly realizes that this seems to be their first date after getting together.

No matter from which point of view, this is a perfect first date.

However, Park Jimin after all underestimates himself = =

After dinner, JKsends her to the downstairs of his classmate's place——

JK stops the car, "I will come to pick you up tomorrow morning."

Jimin waves her hands, "No need, the subway from here to the office is very convenient. It is very far for you to come over and there is also traffic jam." JK's home in the city is near the office. To come over here to pick him up is equivalent to going back and forth, it is just a waste of time.

JK nods his head and does not force him, "Remember to come upstairs to eat at noon tomorrow."

"Cannot, ah." Jimin blurts out.

"Why?" After repeated refusals, JK's voice becomes lower.

"Before, it did not matter for me to go to your office for lunch since there was nothing between us, but now we have a love relationship, then you ...... need to lead by example?"

JK raises his eyebrows, "What do you mean by lead by example? Say clearly."

"Huh, you do not know?" Jimin is surprised and looks at him, "Our office does not allowed office romance!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 1.7K 95
⚠️ "Contains references to alcohol, sex, violence." "Stay with me and I will give you everything your heart desires. For you, my darling, I would par...
455K 20.9K 18
"You really want this divorce to happen?" Sitting by the bedside after Jungkook stepped inside the room, I just watched as he loosened the tie around...
1.1M 61.7K 45
UNEDITED "g-go find other person, i'm sorry but i can't do this. i still have my dignity clinging onto me." i said. "no one needs to find out. no one...
17.4K 880 11
Teaser. A famous people at there company invited Jimin to come in his birthday. Jimin is so happy cause this is his first time being into a big party...