Fire and Ash

By moonlight_bullet

New school, new friends, new looks. Just when you think you can have a normal year in school everything chan... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 7

32 6 5
By moonlight_bullet

"Love is a serious mental disease."

-Plato

I take Jess outside with Asher's help because he thinks that Lukas can take care of himself (he's passed out on his bed).

- Are you meeting Ruby in front of your car? - he asks.

- We are - Jess answers.

I feel like something's off, they don't really seem to trust him.

Actually... The question is, why do I trust him?

- Okay, I guess I should get going then... - he says, as he notices Jess's bitter tone.

- Yeah, I think that's a good idea - I say, not really sure if I'm doing the right thing.

But as I see him walking away I remember, I remember that I left Hunter alone even though he gave me company at the beginning of the night.

Fuck, how could I have forgotten about him?

- Wait! - I shout at Asher.

Jess looks at me as if she's thinking "girl what the fuck are you doing, how stupid are you?".

- Yes? - he asks confused.

- Find Hunter and tell him I'm sorry for not coming back, but I really have to take Jess home - I order him.

- Will do - he says and puts his hands in his pockets again.

I look at his figure disappearing as he enters the house.  

- Damn it! - I say to myself.

Jess seems to hear it but I guess she doesn't want to talk about Asher, after all, we have to find a solution to the mess her drunk self created.

- Kira, start the car - I hear someone shout.

- What? - I ask.

- It's Ruby, just do it - Jess says firmly.

I start my car as fast as I can and Jess gets in the car even faster than a leopard could catch his prey.

I don't have a clue of what's happening, but I really don't care, I just want to get out of here as fast as I can.

As soon as I see Ruby and Katie are in the car, I just start driving.

- Where do you live? - I ask Ruby.

- Me, Katie and Jess have an apartment 15 minutes away from here - she says.

- Wait what? You three live together? - I ask surprised.

- Yes, actually maybe you can come by some time - she answers calmly.

- I would love to - I admit.

After we arrive at their apartment and Ruby makes sure they get to their respective rooms I get an SMS from my mom.

Shoot, I forgot to tell her where I was.

"Honey, where are you? I know you are old enough, but just let me know you're okay."

- Do you want to stay? - Ruby asks.

- I should go home, my mom is really worried - I say - maybe some other time - I add politely.

Just as I want to start my car again and drive back to my house Ruby looks at me and asks something I didn't think she'll ever ask.

- Do you like him? - she asks with caution.

- I don't know him, we were just being nice to each other - I answer.

- Have a safe trip - she adds.

- I will, hopefully - I say.

After a long drive home...

I enter the house, nobody seems to be awake, I see that mom just passed out on the couch, probably waiting for me.

I go to my room and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

After a 6 hour sleep...

I wake up to the sound of somebody calling me, as I look at my phone I see the caller ID "Ruby".

The first thing that goes through my mind is "something happened, fuck".

- Hey Ruby, everything fine? - I ask half asleep.

- Where the hell are you? School is about to start! - she says as if she's about to explode.

- Wait that? What time is it? - I ask really confused.

- Almost eight o'clock, Kira - she answers sounding clearly stressed.

- I'm coming - I yell at the phone.

I don't have even time for make-up or even breakfast, I put on the first thing I find; a white shirt, blue ripped jeans, a grey "jacket" and my white Converse shoes.

I have the feeling that today is going to be a really long day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I'm noticing that this story is going to have a lot of chapters since I need like 3 chapters pro day lol.

I'll try to change that, I promise.

Love you <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 4.4K 42
❝ MIDNIGHT RAIN ❞ ✧ ° ⤷ ❝ I BROKE HIS HEART CAUSE HE WAS NICE ❞ 《 matt sturniolo x foc 》
11.1K 252 17
Since I'm obsessed with the Logan and Ashlyn sibling headcannon, I made a story around it. What if Logan and Ashlyn were siblings?
5.3K 41 17
Read the title and tags
3K 283 37
*UNEDITED* wrote this in 2019, i warned u "Some people were just never meant to be for you. No matter how much you wish they were." Two teens in love...