Double Dose (Part 9)

By nikkihershell

Mizery Butini, the daughter of the stunning yet deadly Mirimosa Harper and the notoriously insane Cole Butini... More

Day's Gone By
My Name Is Mizery, Mizery Is My Name
Welcome To Vegas
Breaking And Entering
The Harper Girl
Climbing The Wall's
Tangled Up In Multiple Knots
Not My Trap
Justice Or Betrayal
Makeover, Move Over
Like A Theif
Attempted Murder
Plans Blown
A Glimpse Inside
Meet Cole Butini
King Of Kings
Mizery Loves Company
Marietta
Affliction
Sisterly Love
The Devil Don't Like Waiting
Incomplete Healing
In The Raw
Deep End
Coming Clean
The Truth Set Her Free
The Truth Set Him Free
All For Nothing
Untrust The Truth
Family Time
The Queens March
Vibrations
Shattered
Worn Out Welcome
Into The Spiral
Removal
Hard Time's
I'm Just Going To Leave This Here
SHE SAID NO
Not My Circus
Uneven Break
Disassemble And Assassinate
It's Me Again
Etched In Sand
Ultimate Betrayal
The Kings Unite
He'll Come For Me
Not In The Card's
Understanding
Broken Alliance's
Thirty-Seven Floors
Crazy Runs Deep
Rekindled
What????
Coming Back
New Me, Same You
Newlyweds
Two Can Play
Veronica
And Mizery Rained Down
Stone Cold
Proud Moment!!
Surrender
Intuition
Fuck With Me
Breathless
catch up
Luck Of The Irish
Beer Goggles
The Truth Will Set You Free
what's up
Uncut Miz
Wicked Little Me
Living With Your Mistake
slow down
Prove Your Worth
So, So Sticky
Brushes Of Life
Playing With Fire
Spreading My Wing's
And Boom
Wedding Bell's
Illusions
Gotta Have Fun
Burn
He Chose The Wrong One
Bits And Pieces
Redemption
Well, well, well
The Forgotten
its up!!

Too much Too Soon

3.1K 272 169
By nikkihershell

I've been home nearly three month's now and much to my surprise everything has been going according to plan. Cole had moved out and was now living HV Enterprises, my building where I ruled although I did most of my work in his old office at the Den to avoid running into him. He signed the divorce paper's without a hiccup and we haven't spoke since that last phone call.

Mizery is currently staying with him and I'm okay with that, he needs someone. However I hope she isn't stuck babysitting him like I was. I'm not sure how he's fairing. I don't ask and the kid's don't divulge anything. My hope is that he's taking his meds like he should and continues to do so. I do know that he is currently serving as Demarco's right hand man and staying busy. To my amazement Dem hasn't expressed his opinion on our split but I can sense that he isn't happy about it.

As for me, I'd like to think I'm doing fine for the most part. This is all still do new and it's not like something you just get over quickly. Cole has been a constant in my life since we were children so it's nearly like losing a limb. I half expect him to walk in the door at any minute as if none of this occurred. The day's aren't so bad because I'm kept so busy trying to grasp the ropes of the business. To put it mildly, I'm so out of the loop I've pulled quite a few all nighters. There's a lot that I'm having to learn, research and remember. So many new names, client's and new deals I'm having to familiarize myself with. Everyday I discover something new, something that I should have already done or potential new deal's. I try not to stress myself out wondering if I'm failing but I keep reminding myself that this is new, give myself time to adjust and I will dominate this. My parent's didn't raise a quitter or a weakling. In time I will make them proud as well as myself. I know no other way.

Yes, my days are pretty much swamped with all of this that Cole rarely crossed my mind but night's are a different tune. My home is now quiet with just me there so I do get lonely. I miss the warmth of Cole's body lying next to me in bed or how he'd come home from work and grab me up in a hug. Memories are tucked away in every corner of the house.... Good and bad, but mostly the good one's are what I remember. Even with the television on there still is a emptiness in here. So yes, I do miss him and it still hurts but I still believe that I made the right decision.

I must say it feels good not having to keep up with medicine's anymore or stay behind Cole about taking them. A lot of stress has been lifted off of my shoulders. Not that it ever bothered me, taking care of Cole but he's a grown man and he needs to be responsible for his well being as well. I was fighting a losing battle when it came to him. Three steps forward, ten steps back. All I wanted him to do was take his meds and want to be better for me as well as himself and the kid's. I wanted him to thank me for all of my efforts and not make me feel like it was all for nothing. Appreciate all I did for him in order to keep him healthy. Each time he skipped his meds it felt like a smack in the face. That he didn't care enough about everything I went through for him.

There's something else that's bothering me currently and I wished I could talk to him about it but I'm not certain if nows the time to dump a possibly stressful situation in him, especially while he's still recovering. I'm worried about my son CJ. At first I thought it was just my imagination but my gut instincts told me to have him followed. I've took noticed to a strangeness in his and Alice's relationship but only assumed it was a tiff, something that would be worked out soon. However CJ has been leaving work early several times a week's and I ran into Alice. When I asked where CJ was she told me work. Alice didn't act any certain way but I could see something hurtful in her eye's. Immediately this signaled red flags in my brain. Something was up and it wasn't good.

So I begin to have CJ followed. Yes, he's grown and I can't tell him what exactly to do but I can offer advice and maybe prevent heartache. Turns out he has been meeting with a young girl by the name of Tabby Collins. From my understanding these aren't just business meetings, these are meetings of secret lovers. Naturally I looked into Miss Collins and learned that she's from North Dakota and moved here nearly two year's ago. She's a nurse at the local hospital and I'm not quite sure how the two met. She seems to have a clean record and I can't find any possible motive as to why she would see a married man.... Assuming that she knows that CJ is married.

This is something I need to keep a close eye on and I feel like Cole should be aware of this. Plus there's Alice, such a sweet girl and I hate to see this happen to her. I know all too well how it feels. I guess CJ is truly his father's son.

As the day wore on I found myself baffled with a possible new client. It was always tricky making the decision to deal with someone new. There's a huge possibility that it could be a setup or an undercover. The report wasn't too satisfying either which made me weary. However the offer this man by the name of Michael Macgregs was making was too notch. He met an American year's back and moved here from Ireland. Supposedly he was into illegal activities there as well and made his first small fortune. What is unsettling is the the girl he moved here for and eventually married is a cop. I know it's possible for love to be odd but I do have to question this.

Sure, I could ask Denarco for his thoughts concerning this but he would only make me look stupid and probably try to take charge. Needing another mind on this, I swallowed hard and sent Cole a text asking him to come look something over for me. Within the hour he was at my office door.

Upon looking up as he entered my breath hitched in my chest. Yes, it's only been there month's since I've seen him but the changes he has underwent were obvious. Cole was looking great, not that he never looked bad before but there was definitely something different about him. He looked bigger than normal as if he's been working out more. Instead of his usual a daytime suit he was wearing washed out jeans that clung to his muscular thighs. A tight fitting v-neck t-shirt laid across his upper body and I could see the outline of his hard pecs. His scent filled the room and nearly put me in a trance. The only thing that saved me was hearing his deep voice. "You needed some help?"

A small smirk tilted my lips as dirty thoughts filled my head. Quickly, I gave a serious look and hoped he didn't notice my smirk. "Yes. I possibly have a new client but I'm feeling iffy on it. Could you look over the paper's and give me your thoughts?"

" no problem " he said and I was taken back by how cordial he was being.

There was no ill looks or remarks. Instead he was pleasant as he came and stood over my shoulder as I sat down at my desk. He was so close that I could feel the heat his body generated and I had forgotten how small I was when next to him. All the thing's his big, hard body use to do to me, the strength he used on me in such sexual ways had my body on fire as I recalled it.

His arm was outstretched by my face as his hand laid flat on the desk as he overlooked the paper's. I kept eyeing the popping vein in his arm and wondered what he would do if I trailed my tongue along it, after all it was mere inches from my face. His voice splashed cold water on my thoughts as he spoke. "I would suggest looking into his wife more before making a decision" . He suggested and stood upright taking his heat with him.

I nodded because I didn't trust myself to speak. "Well if that's everything I'll be in my way". He said moving closer to the door.

Not wanting him to leave just get I blurted out. "You look good Cole. How have you been?"

A devastating smile lit his face. "Thanks. I'm doing very well. I've been hitting the gym more and cutting carbs. I guess you could say I've got back into a vigours  workout routine. I hope you're good. Now I've got to run but if you need anymore help just hit me up. Be seeing ya".

Cole exited without another word of waiting for my reply. A sad feeling begin to come over me just as the door swung open and he came back in. The sadness left and was replaced with a giddy feeling. Here it is, the part where he jerks me up and slams his mouth to mine. Cole walked towards me and I begin to give a knowing smile. Stopping in front of my desk, he scooped a pen up. "I about forgot this. It's my favorite pen". He chuckled and rushed out.

My cheeks flared at nearly making a fool out of myself but was quickly forgotten as I heard the vibrating of a phone. Looking toward the sound, I spotted Cole's phone lying on my desk. Grabbing it up with intentions to catch him, I glanced at the screen. The name Veronica appeared along with a photo of a pretty blonde lady. No sooner than the call stopped a text was sent and I could see some of it as it ran across the screen. "I'm waiting Cole. Hurry up babe, I nee". Then it cut off.

Who was this was one of the many questions that ran through my head. I didn't have more time to snoop because Cole raced back in. Quickly I stood and handed him his phone. "I was just about to chase you down". I laughed.

" Thanks. It's been a day. See ya".

I stared back at the now closed door.

What a chapter!!

So, what's up with CJ and Alice??

What do you think of Cole's changes? Is he serious this time?

Just who in the hell is this Veronica?

Will Miri be able to run the company?

What are your feelings on the new clients?

Has Miri lost Cole?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.5K 1.3K 18
《𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲. 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐏𝐬𝐲𝐜𝐡𝐨 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐚 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟�...
117K 2.9K 30
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...
879K 32.5K 69
-COMPLETE- [09. 10. 20. - 03. 06. 21] Angelo Giovanni had eyes for a certain fiery black haired beauty. No matter what he couldn't just get enough of...
326K 5.4K 52
❦"𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐁𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 #𝟏"❦ • 𝐆𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 works as a stripper at club LUX after she escaped from her father, Valentine Ros...