Meant to Bea

By LeeleeKez

Born a bastard, Race Belington has lived all his life paying the price of his father's infidelity. Scorned an... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
EPILOGUE
UPDATE BOUND TO BEA

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

16.9K 983 55
By LeeleeKez

"He's on the run."

Bianca touched Race's hand that laid unmoving on the bed, her eyes fixed on his pale face.

"The manhunt should return with something, but there's no guarantee." The constable continued, his words barely registering in her mind. She cared nothing for Lord Wilson, or his decision to flee after nearly killing her husband, all she cared about was Race's eyelids tearing apart. All she cared about was him standing up from this bed and coming home with her.

Tears easily slipped down her cheek. The very thought of losing him, threatened to kill her. It had knocked her unconscious for several minutes, and when she finally woke up, it had driven her right out the doors, demanding a carriage to take her to her husband. She wouldn't listen to Camden, no matter how hard he tried to convince her to wait until the next morning. She was desperate to be by his side.

Yet, here she stood staring at an unfamiliar version of what was supposed to be her husband -his once tan skin was now completely white, his rosy lips ashen, his once vibrant smile gone, and his blue eyes were concealed by his closed eyelids, forcing her to fear the possibility of never seeing them again.

"Very well," Camden spoke. "Once he is caught, do let me know."

"Of course."

Moving her hand slightly, she wrapped it around Race's cold hand, and listened to Camden bid the constable farewell.

"Are you alright?" His footsteps sounded behind her. Pausing beside her, he touched her shoulder.

Letting out a soft sigh, she raised her eyes slowly to him and shook her head.

He nodded. "I shall not dare suggest that you leave his side, for I know you shall pay me no mind. But it is the middle of the night, and I have instructed the servants to make you supper. Bea told me you have eaten nothing all day. So, I'm afraid I must insist you eat."

A frown immediately claimed Bianca's face; the last thing she wanted to do, was eat. Her stomach was a mess, and certainly incapable of welcoming food.

Camden rose a brow. "Unless of course, you would have me insist you leave his side for tonight?"

Knowing leaving Race for even a second, was not an option, she nodded to his demands -she would indeed force some food down her throat.

"Do not think too much of it, the physician has assured me he shall be just fine. If those people in the tavern hadn't intervened when they did, it might have been worse. But they did, and he will be fine."

"Of course," She managed through trembling lips, nodding. "Thank you, my lord."

Camden leaned down suddenly, pulling her into his arms. It was unexpected, but Bianca realized in that second, that she desperately needed to be held by someone to keep from falling apart.

The hug ended as quickly as it had began, and with one final nod, he left her presence, leaving her alone with Race.

Turning her attention back to Race, she placed herself on the edge of the bed and took his hand in hers once more.

"Forgive me," Fresh tears sprang to her eyes. "It is all my fault this is happening." Tightening her hold on him, she squeezed his hand, hoping he would feel it and wake up -he didn't. He instead laid there, unmoving, the only sign of life being the steady rising and falling of his chest.

Her eyes shifted slowly to his left shoulder, where the bullet had been lodged. The surgeon had taken it out hours before she arrived Camden's home in London, but the sight of the wound still made her shiver slightly. Her eyes trailed his chest, to his stomach on the left side as well, where another bullet had made its home.

Leaning forward slowly, she kissed his left shoulder. "I'm sorry." Her tears stained his chest. "I'm so sorry, Race. Don't die. Please don't die." Placing her head on his shoulder, Bianca closed her eyes, praying earnestly that he wouldn't.

The sound of a knock on the door filtered to her several minutes later, but she didn't acknowledge it. The intruder must have gone away, but a few minutes later, they were back. This time, after knocking twice, the door was pushed open. Hearing approaching footsteps, she held her eyelids tightly shut and hoped she would be left alone.

"Looks like she's asleep." Camden. She could tell from his voice, that he was standing close to her. He was most likely here to force her to make good on her promise to eat. Groaning inwardly, she wished he would disappear. "I suppose it will be cruel to awaken her. Leave the food over there on the mantle. Keep it covered. Hopefully, she shall awaken and give in to her hunger."

Bianca did not give in to hunger, and by the next morning, Camden was physically displeased when she rejected his invitation to breakfast.

"Do not suppose you can treat a sick man, when you are yourself, sick." Annoyance laced every word.

"I am not hungry!" Bianca yelled, frustrated and angry. "How shall I eat when my husband lays here, barely alive?! How shall anyone eat, my lord?! Surely you care something for your brother, to be worried enough to lose your appetite?! And perhaps he is not truly your brother, perhaps he is nothing but the shameful reminder of your father's past,"

Camden gritted his teeth, stepping forward. "I shall hurl you over my shoulder and carry you down the bloody stairs..."

"Bianca?"

Sucking in a breath, she turned around sharply, her eyelids widening. "Race?!" She gasped, hurrying over to his side. "Oh, Race!" Tired blue eyes stared back at her. Reaching out with trembling hands, she pushed his hair back, and kissed his forehead. "You're alive!" She kissed his lips, enjoying every second of it.

"And you're having a fight with Camden." His eyes sparkled with humor, but Bianca found none in his words. Tears instead filled her eyes, and her body trembled with grief.

Burying her face in her hands, she gave in to her tears.

Something wrapped around her wrist, pulling her down, until she was settling on the bed next to him. His arms wrapped around her shoulders, and she buried her face in his chest.

"You're worsening your injuries," She cried, unable to stop her sea of tears.

He kissed her forehead. "It hurts more to see you cry, Bea."

"This is all my fault! I should not have been drinking that evening! I should not have gone out! Lord Wilson..."

"Shh." He pulled away slowly.

Bianca raised her eyes to him, seeing clearly the pain that clouded his eyes. "You're in pain."

Biting his lower lip, he groaned.

"Oh Race," She rose to her feet, leaning down to reposition his pillow. "Here, lie down, rest."

"Before you do, will you please tell your wife to have breakfast with me? Seeing as she is more disposed to your demands, as opposed to the demands of wisdom and common sense." Camden said, before exiting the room.

Wincing, Race settled on the pillow once more. Bianca pulled the covers over his body, kissing his head.

He kissed her lips when she made to straighten. "Have breakfast with my brother? I'm afraid he shall indeed carryout his threat if you fail to." He ground out.

Nodding, she kissed his lips. "Of course," She whispered, settling beside him. "Anything for you, Race."

But Bianca didn't leave Race's side until he was fully asleep. Two hours later, she made her way through the unfamiliar building, and to the dining area, surprised to find Camden seated on the head of the table.

"Glad you could finally join me." He said dryly, reaching for his fork. "Let's eat, shall we?"

Nodding solemnly, Bianca took the seat by his side and forced some food down her throat for the first time in several hours, barely tasting it.

Copyright © 2018-2019 Lily Orevba All rights reserved.

Hi guys, thank you so so so much for all your patience with keeping up with this story. I know I have been a big slacker with finishing it, and I'm really sorry. I'll be wrapping things up soon, don't worry.

In the meantime, I would just love to take the time out to tell you guys that I absolutely love you ❤️ and that you're super amazing!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 1K 22
Trusting the wrong man has consequences. Once an Incomparable debutante of Bath society, Miss Rose Dunbar's life has been turned upside down. She has...
45.1K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2× on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
Beast Of Italy By Lily Orevba

Historical Fiction

282K 21.7K 32
His burns tell a story, one Julius Talbot is unable to remember. When Julius Talbot wakes up with his memory gone and his face scarred, he is left w...
896K 35.7K 22
As if being orphaned, broke and forced to answer an Ad for a mail order bride isn't bad enough. Lily finds out, much too late, that she must be a mot...