Biting Temptation

By Misguided

The fight for love is never-ending. And for Evie and Michael it proves to be just that. After believing a sad... More

Biting Temptation
1: Future
2: Winding Down
3: Persuasive Customer
4: Own Adventure
5: Rainbows & Flowers
6: New Plan
7: Over and Over
8: "I don't forget."
9: Illness
10: Unexpected Return
11: Her Maker
12: Coyote Ugly
13: Mistakes
14: Regular Hero
15: Power
16: Family
17: Arrivals
18: Trust... Again
19: Release
20: Final
21: Reborn
22: Worries
23: Dealing
24: Not Today
25: My Fault
26: Crack
27: Sired
28: Sixty Minutes
29: Until Dawn
30: Penultimate
Epilogue.

31: End

37.8K 2.1K 298
By Misguided

Panama - Destroyer <-- perfect for this happy chapter

Ordinary Human - OneRepublic <-- Main song for the whole like story

______________________________________________

The wedding dress was stunning. Beautiful. Especially on. I couldn't fathom how this day had come around so quickly. It seemed like only yesterday when both John and Michael had proposed. Only seemed like yesterday when we were telling Chelsea she was a vampire, when Florence died. Literally, everything felt like it was only yesterday.

And yet here we are four months later. Chelsea went to her graduation in July under the watchful eye of Christian and his sister Jackie. Apparently she was a model vampire. According to her, she had the urge but reigned in her thirst because she'd fed way over the amount she needed to the night before. Ames and I were so happy for her..

I graduated two months ago with a 3.7 grade point average. Just got first class honours with my 71. How in the hell did I pass with flying colours when I missed the highest marked question on my last exam? I wasn't about to question the sanity of whoever marked my work but... really? Graduation was a simple affair, my parents were there, Michael was already there part of the faculty anyway. Hats were thrown, degrees were collected, it was pretty... normal.

I stared at my reflection in the long mirror. A lot has changed in four months.

"Evie?"

Amy's nervous voice made me turn. I smiled lovingly at my best friend in her wedding dress and once again found myself admiring it. She looked so gorgeous. But nervous as hell. "Oh, Ames you'll be fine."

"But... but-"

Sitting on the chair at the dresser, Chelsea turned around and stood in the same mocha bridesmaid's dress I was adorned in. Her blonde hair spun intricately into a French braided bun near the top of her head. "Amy, honestly you'll do okay. If anything we should be worrying about Evie keeling over when we walk down the aisle."

I had to smile. "Ha, ha very funny."

"Evie, you'll understand when you get married in a few months, I can't even breathe."

"You don't really need to though do you." I reminded, adjusting the back of her chiffon dress. "Look, just remember, it's John at the altar. You two have a child together remember? Amelia? Remember you have a kid?"

Amy rolled her eyes. "Yes, I know we have a child together. Don't you remember? That's why my parents think we're getting married? Because we had a kid? They changed their tune when they saw her though."

Chels snorted. "That was funny, you have to admit."

There was a swift knock on the door before Katherine and Morgan, Amy's sister, poked their heads in through the adjoining room and grinned. "Amy you look great." Kate said.

I smiled when Amy mumbled her shaky thanks.

"But it's about time. Chels, Morgan and Evie you have to walk now. Mike, Nick and Ethan are waiting downstairs."

Here we go. Amy and John decided on the Mayfair Lakes Country club in British Columbia so it was an outdoor wedding. The weather was gorgeous, the air was still, the grass wasn't wet and the orange and red background from the fallen leaves was absolutely perfect.

They couldn't have chosen a better day.

Downstairs by the patio doors, the groomsmen waited. My eyes were drawn to the man I loved dressed in a gorgeous dark grey suit, a mocha pocket square peeking out of his front pocket. He smiled at me as I approached him and I smiled right back. Our own wedding was down to the nitty-gritty details now. However, as he'd promised, he went to my father to ask if he could 'have my hand' in marriage. It was things like that that reminded me that Mike wasn't born in this era.

"You want to marry Evie?" My father had said to him in my his study the day after Mike had proposed.

"Yes sir."

My mother was already shaking with excitement beside me, squeezing my left hand and bringing the ring up to her face every so often for closer inspection.

"And if I say no?"

I rolled my eyes because there was absolutely no reason for him to say no. If he'd had a problem with Mike he would have demanded I wouldn't see him years ago. Dad was just being annoying for the fun of it.

Michael glanced at me and cleared his throat. "Well, with all due respect Mr. O'Shea I would still marry her. I love your daughter and of course I would appreciate your blessing but it won't stop me."

"Is that so?"

"Oh Arthur stop messing with them." My mom interjected.

Dad's lips twitched before he broke out into a brilliant grin. "Oh, alright. Of course you have my blessing, son. You've been part of the family for years now." And just like that he grabbed Michael into a huge hug.

It was as simple as that.

Michael's green eyes sparkled as I met him by the patio doors. "You look gorgeous, Evie."

I looked down at myself and then raised a brow. "Really? Even like this?"

"Even like this, Dimples." His lips brushed against my cheek. "Ready?"

I glanced out through the doors at the rows of chairs and the figure waiting at the altar. My parents, Amy's parents, even Chelsea's were out there waiting. Our family. And our adopted family. From the third row I noticed Celia's eyes glaring backwards obviously trying to catch a glimpse of the bride.

"I'm ready." I grinned.

Walking down the aisle, I felt the eyes on both Michael and I. Guess now I understand why Amy was so nervous. Plus it'll be ten times worse when it's actually my wedding. I sent a wink to my mom and dad before taking my place at the altar. John grinned at me excitedly and I lightly laughed.

After everyone took their place, Amy started down the aisle with her father by her side. I'm sure the photographs taken of John's face when he saw Amy were priceless. He looked like a man so in love it would take a nuclear explosion to tear his eyes away from her.

The ceremony was perfect, beautiful. I was so happy for the two of them. Amelia was in the arms of her grandmother - within the watchful eye of Celia beside her in case she goes in for a bite. Christian and his sister sat near the middle smiling away and I was glad the two of them stuck around. Then again they both have reasons to now.

The reverend announced for John to kiss the bride and Amy blushed like a tomato when John grabbed her and dipped her for a dramatic smooch on the lips. The certificates were signed, the pictures were taken by the large fountain out front and then the reception began.

**

Every woman I could see was watching Amy and John share their first dance to So Gone by John Legend with dreamy smiles. Michael's thumb brushed back and forth over my hand and I smiled for a completely different reason. We move on, Mike had said all those months ago in IHOP. That was exactly what we were all doing. Moving on.

As the dance floor started to fill, there was a light tap on my shoulder. I smiled up at Amy's cousin Matthew Callahan. "Hey Evie,"

"Hey!" I stood and we hugged. "How are you?"

"I'm good thanks, it's good to see you. How are you doing? You're positively glowing, congratulations."

"Oh," I blushed. "Thank you. I'm doing well thank you. Happy for Ames?"

"I'm ecstatic," He laughed. "I'm just shocked she kept Amelia a secret this long."

"She wanted to wait until the wedding to introduce her, don't take it personally trust me." I reassured patting his arm.

Matt shrugged and said, "Ah, well. It's the wedding now, I'm just happy she's happy. But how about you Evie. How far along?"

I glanced down at my little baby bump and smiled. Yes, I'm pregnant. It wasn't an accident but neither was it planned... on Michael's part that is. I came off the pill without telling Mike and a few weeks later after it was flushed from my system he, well, he did the rest. And as soon as I told him he was worried at first but the general realisation that he would be a father hit him and he was jumping off the walls.

"Four months." I lied with a smile. Who would believe I was only two months pregnant if I was already showing a bit more of a baby bump.

Mom and dad didn't judge. In fact they were ecstatic. Technically they thought I was pregnant months ago so this wasn't that much of a surprise. Boy or girl I'll love either one the same. I didn't care which I got. Although Mike bet me the name of the kid it was a boy and I bet it was a girl just like Amy and John made their bet. We couldn't help ourselves.

My eyes scanned over Amy and John's family members. And I paused on Nate and Jackie dancing away on the dance floor. Now, they hadn't exactly started dating or kissing or whatever vampires do but Jacqueline had eyes only for him. I was happy for them. I was happy for Nate actually. I could finally see a spark in his eye, whenever he talked to her or even now as she laughed at something he said. They looked perfect for one and other.

He caught my gaze and winked. And I winked right back.

Then my eyes strayed over to Christian approaching Chelsea from his table. These two. The past four months have intrigued me so much, Mike and I have taken up watching their daily arguments with a hefty bowl of popcorn in tow. Chelsea has trained enough to be here in this reception hall full of humans. She's surpassed her training in fact. Taken to wandering off on her own too. But Christian... he just loves messing with her. Loves it so much that him, Callum and Sam have made a sport out of it.

It was quite a shock to us all when she didn't exactly 'warm' up to her maker like most of us expected her to. She listened to him, did what he said when she needed to, but she spent as little time with him as she could.

I watched as he grabbed a champagne flute from one of the waiters and rounded Chelsea standing at the side of dance floor. Immediately, her eyes narrowed at him. Thankfully, they weren't far away so I could hear everything:

"Yes, Christian?"

"Champagne? It'll help with the thirst."

Very carefully, she took the glass from his hand and thanked him. "Anything else?" Her eyes were solely on the dancing couples around her although Christian stood beside her, hands in his black suit pockets.

"Nope, not a thing little one. Just making sure you're not going to start biting heads off in broad daylight."

Her jaw visibly clenched. "How many times have-"

"Many," He interrupted referring to him calling her his 'little one.' Some term of endearment he'd adopted when she'd turned. She absolutely hated it. "Enjoy the wedding, Chelsea."

And he simply walked away. Whatever was going on between them, I didn't have the slightest of clues. Just looked to me like she despised him and he simply didn't care and found it entertaining. Didn't look like he was about to release her any time soon either. She was barely four months old after all. Only time could tell.

"Evie," Mike murmured in my ear. "Are you strong enough to dance?"

I smiled and stood. "Are you kidding me? I made sure I was just for this dance."

He whisked me onto the dance floor with John and Amy lost in their own world and I got lost in my own with Michael. Three years ago, who would have thought a spill from a stranger in a coffee shop would lead me here, to this day. I had the man of my dreams and then some. Albeit, there were a few road bumps but what relationship was perfect?

Michael smiled down at me, the love shining bright within his green gaze, even brighter than I'd ever seen it. I glanced around the hall, my eyes drifting over the various supernatural creatures and humans unknowingly mingling and dancing together.

Then again, I thought with a huge smile to my face, what relationship had the likes of hunters, witches and vampires?

______*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*________

ORIGINALLY, this was going to be the epilogue but you know what guys? I couldn't leave you without letting you know how everything turns out ;) But here is our final official chapter of BT.

Hope you enjoyed it my lovely fans. I know some have been with me since the beginning and I'm glad you've stuck with it!! Comment what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 2.1K 29
(**Violence in some parts**) Abused physically and mentally. Diana takes it all for her sister Emma, the only blood related person she has left. She...
360 38 13
Sequel to My Friend is a Vampire The Originals and it's the 4th book Andrea's life has change forever when she and Kasey drive off Rosen Falls Bridge...
135K 9.2K 48
**** This is part 3 of the Zone Zero series. Do not read this first**** ***Highest Ranking #13 in Vampire*** The war is coming and the hunt is on. E...
4.1K 117 39
Evangeline Summerton had always had a rough life. Her mother is a jobless tramp and abuses her physically and mentally and she doesn't even have a cl...