Strange Ones: Volume 3

By Diamondheart37

Life keeps on changing for everyone, including all of the heroes of Delta. A school for aspiring heroes has o... More

The Talk About Now
Delta Heroes Academy
Carly's Interview With Toriel
The Food Fight
New Gear!
The Strange Games
Players for the Games!
The Games Begin
Round One
Visitors from Atlas
"He Was My Dad!"
The Executive
As Heard Through The Door...
A Familiar Face For Two
Chara's Awakening
Escaping the Base
Her Search
"What Have I Done?"
USA's Third Match
The Illusion
Saoirse's Love, Betty's Concern
A Good Man He Was
Atlas in the Coliseum
A Relationship...?
Fear of Being Discovered
Hiding Chara
Something Wrong
Suspicion Rising
Could Have Been Obliterated
Precautions
Playing Detective
Outdoor Brawl
Getting Worried
Unexpected Mystery
Romeo's Warning
Strike Two
Too Many Situations
A Sister-Sister Talk
"Amber Lightvale Doesn't Exist"
The Man in the Mask
Harumi's Mission
Warn The Leader!
Bonding With Chara
The Deal
Plans
Disruption
Search and Rescue
Whereabouts
On Our Way
Separation
Showdown From Below
Message from a Foe
Battle Scars
Save
Not Human After All
War Has Just Begun...
The Story Continues...

Beginning of Chaos

14 0 0
By Diamondheart37

"Hello? Testing, testing, one two three. Mic check one, two. Hello?" Ruby's voice spoke through the speakers of every area in the coliseum. "Do re mi fa so la ti do. Hello?"

All of the patrons of the building could only look up at the speakers with expressions of confusion. A final battle between Team USA and Team Denmark somehow lead to an unexpected disruption. Due to that, the coliseum became silent as a few of the humans and Strange Ones standing or sitting down murmured with perplexity. Even the rivaling teams inside the arena were silent as well, but they knew that Ruby's voice was speaking.

"Ruby?" Weiss raised an eyebrow as she looked up.

"What the heck is she doing up there?" Bendy mumbled.

"Uh, hi..." Ruby said, gulping. "Um, forgive me if I'm disrupting tradition, but this is a really urgent message! There is a dangerous man wandering the entire coliseum! I am urging all of you to evacuate the building! Please, heed my call and listen for the sake of your lives! You are all too precious for this planet!"

"Really, Ruby?" Nat groaned, massaging the bridge of her nose. "That's the best you got?"

"Quiet!" Thorax retorted. "I'm listening!"

"This doesn't make sense to any of you, but all of your lives are in danger!" Ruby continued. "We are being threatened by a dangerous killer that has been attacking people below our noses! Asgore, Toriel! You guys are in danger as well! Someone's going to kill Asgore Dreemurr!"

"What?" Asgore's breath hitched as his eyes widen.

"Wait, what is going on?" Toriel asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I do not know, Ms. Dreemurr..." Ironwood replied.

Suddenly, the entire ground began to shake as the lights began to flicker rapidly. Everyone in the coliseum shrieked in surprise and shock as the floor rumbled beneath their feet. Even the players in the arena and the many people in the audience were on the verge of stumbling to the ground. Fortunately, nobody fell over and soon, the ground stopped shaking. Everyone murmured, shaken and perplexed.

"Was that an earthquake?" Carly asked.

Then, a singular loud shriek echoed in the arena followed by a loud thud coming from above. One by one, everyone from the audience slowly turned their heads toward the glass ceiling. The thudding was repeated, occurring every two seconds. Everyone searched for the source of the noise until Bendy's eyes suddenly spotted a large avian-shaped silhouette through the glass. He squinted his red eyes, scanning the shape carefully. Finally, he recognized the shape. It was a Nevermore.

"GRIMM!" Bendy shouted before aiming his spear at the ceiling, firing a blazing projectile that flew up and smashed through the glass, striking the giant bird in the chin.

Meanwhile, the audience screamed in surprise and fear before they began to race out of the arena after discovering the huge bird on the coliseum's glass ceiling. Carly, Thorax, and Nat saw this as an opportunity to run through the panicking crowd, their eyes targeting Asgore and Toriel as they pushed through the sea of humans and Strange Ones. But then, Carly stopped and turned to one of the speakers that hung from one of the coliseum's walls.

"Thank you, Ruby," Carly mumbled before she resumed her doing.

~~~~~

Back at the press box, Ruby watched as the crowd exited the arena. Then, she groaned before yanking the headset off her head and flopping onto the table. She felt guilty for disrupting a powerful Strange One tradition like the Strange Games, but what else could she do? She couldn't just stand by and watch as everyone was killed in front of her.

"What..." The female announcer, Jessica, gasped as her eyes were looking at the screen that displayed the avian-like Grimm. "What is that?"

"Is that a bird?" Bob, the male announcer, raised an eyebrow.

"No, sir. That's a Nevermore." Boris replied.

"A what?" He turned to the wolf.

"It's a type of creature called a Grimm." He explained. "They are classified based on what physical form they have. They all come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Sometimes, they are sentient, but they can be controlled by Strange Ones with hate in their souls. In other words, if you didn't get it, they're semi-sentient creatures of darkness."

"How do you know all of that?" Jessica asked.

"I've studied a lot of creatures during my time at Delta," Boris answered.

"He's a dork when it comes to animals," Ruby added, smirking.

With his cheeks turning bright pink, Boris rolled his eyes before placing his hand on the doorknob. "You know what? Let's just get out of here."

Upon opening the door, the wolf was met by three figures in an identical uniform sharing a black and white color scheme: a white vest over a black bodysuit with silver-plated boots, black gloves, a black hood over their heads and white masks with thin eye slits. Two of them were men, one with antlers and other with dots of crocodile scales on his face and arms. The one in the middle was a woman with fish fins on both sides of her head. Boris was speechless, his eyes were wide as he scanned the figures one by one.

He recognized those uniforms and was informed by Ruby of them. They were a part of the White Fang.

"Uh, hello..." Boris said, slowly putting his hands up.

"You're coming with us, kid." The female fish Faunus said.

"Okay, okay..." Slowly, he put his hands behind his back before grabbing his bow from his back and yanking it off with haste.

Before any of the White Fang members could attack, Boris pulled on the string of his bow. With enough force, his bowstring glowed a bright orange. Once he released, a stream of flame struck all three White Fang members away from the doorway. Their backs hit the wall of the coliseum. Then, he, Ruby and the announcers sprinted from the press box.

The White Fang members groaned as they pushed themselves up until they were on their hands and knees. The fish Faunus looked up, finding Boris and Ruby running with Jessica and Bob.

Yanking a scimitar from the sheath on her back, the female Faunus shouted, "Get them!"

Soon, the trio of Faunus was pursuing them through the hallway.

~~~~~

Romeo hyperventilated as he leaned on the wall, his right hand on his chest while his left was on the wall. Frisk, Betty, and Saoirse were doing their best to calm him down. So far, nothing has worked.

"It has begun!" The red-haired executive exclaimed. "Camena is being attacked! The Dark Ones are here! I am going to die! This is all my fault! I never should have been involved!"

"Snap out of it!" Frisk snapped, gaining his attention. "We are not going to let you die, Romeo! Not now! Not ever! We are going to find a way out of this mess and that is a promise!"

"But how are we going to fulfill it?" Saoirse asked.

"Yeah. Asgore and Toriel are at the arena and we don't know where Asriel and Kubo are." Betty agreed. "Also, there's a madman named Nox wandering the building and I haven't heard from Qrow. In addition, I don't know where Agate and Copper are."

"True," The Mimic sighed. "We're gonna have to find our friends if we want to survive."

"But how are we going to find them when Camena is being invaded?" Saoirse asked. "We don't have a plan yet."

"We don't have time for a plan. What matters now is escaping this building and finding our friends." Frisk turned back to Romeo. "Romeo, you're gonna have to trust us more than you already do. We're going to find Mom and Dad. Those two would always know what to do." Then, she added, "Not to mention that Atlas is here as well. They might help us too."

"But what about the players?" Romeo asked. "What will we do with them?"

"I heard Jesse was tending to the player from Team UK and that one Atlas soldier." The seal Morpher said. "But I'm not sure if they will be okay, though."

Suddenly, the ground began to rumble again, surprising the four. Meanwhile, Kumu growled, for he was on high alert. Before anyone could react, three dark objects shot from the floor and swirled around the hallway. Then, they drifted, revealing themselves as a trio of ghost-like Grimm with one eye at the center of their white faces.

"Geist!" Saoirse exclaimed, yanking her fans out of her pockets.

Scowling at the ghostly trio of Grimm, Betty snatched Kumu from the air before he shifted into his scythe from. With one swipe, the disguised Construct sliced their chests open before the Geists turned into dust.

"Let's just go!" She said, and the four began to run down the hallway.

~~~~~

Far away from the coliseum, a rainbow-haired girl was sitting on the roof of a fast food restaurant. She was too busy indulging the taste and flavor of the cheeseburger and a side of fries she was eating. Rainbow Dash swung her legs before reaching into her pants pockets for her phone. She was going to watch the final round of the Strange Games on her device, but once she pulled it out and tapped on the sports app, she was surprised by the image of the audience screaming and running out while the contestants were standing in the arena and looking up. Rainbow raised an eyebrow until the camera transitioned to the Nevermore on the glass ceiling.

"What the heck?" She mumbled, her magenta eyes wide.

As she watched the scenario on her phone, she flinched when the screen switched from the sports app to the Delta app. She gasped at the distress signal she received from Boris. Then, she clenched the rectangular device in her hand tightly.

"Not on my watch," Rainbow said before bringing herself to call one of the other Youth Members from Delta. Once she placed her phone on her ear, she waited for an answer until she finally heard a voice.

"Hello? Who is this?" It was the voice of Pyrrha Nikos.

"Pyrrha, this is Rainbow Dash. Are you busy?" The colorful-haired girl asked.

"Yes. Actually, no."

"Good. I'm going to need your help. It's about the event happening in Strange Coliseum. It's really urgent. Gather everyone from Delta and meet me there. Don't forget to bring any healers, okay?"

"I'll do that right away."

Once Pyrrha hung up, Rainbow slipped her phone back into her pants pocket. After she gobbled up the rest of her burger, she stood up and hopped off the ceiling. Then, she ran from the building in a flash of color.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Shadow By

Fanfiction

15K 243 10
*Note that in this au Izuku was at the scene when All Might originally fought All for One. All for One gave All Might a fatal wound which killed the...
1.8K 81 9
"I am no ordinary "Sans" you see. My name is Forbidden. And this name is my whole existence to the different world that I once came from. I should s...
2.2K 31 4
It's been 2 weeks since the Great Devourer defeated, and now, the ninja is going to help Lloyd to become the Green Ninja in order to fight his and Lu...
6.7K 439 31
❛ I AM NOT MY FATHER. ❜ The story of the Overlord vs. the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master has been passed down for generations, but few people still believ...