Only Ocean

By loualou19

Meghan Polinsky was excited to see her long distance boyfriend of four years when she took her trip to Brazil... More

Opening
Part 1 • Meghan
Part 2 • Lucas
Part 3 • Darcy
Part 4 • Michael
Part 5 • Edmond
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47 • Epilogue 1
Part 48 • Epilogue 2
Part 50 • Epilogue 3
Part 51 • Epilogue 4

Part 10

10K 487 45
By loualou19

Meghan Polinsky's POV.
Day 2, early morning

I woke up confused. But it didn't take me long before I come to my senses. Still on the raft.

I felt something around my arms. I looked down and saw a sleeping Michael. And upon looking up I saw Lucas. But something was off. He was in the same position as the last time I saw him. Still sitting far away and looking out at the water. He looked like he didn't sleep a wink.

I felt like I wanted to go over to him and move the hair from his eyes and comfort him. I can only imagine how bad it is for everyone else. This situation we are all in is brutal.

I felt my legs close together tightly. And had a horrible realization. I had to pee. Really bad. But how the hell would I?!

Slowly sitting up and panicking slightly. No that's an understatement. I was full-on panic mode. There were two little kids, An old man, a guy around my age who wasn't Nico, not that he'd watch me pee... oh my god shut up Meghan. But that's not my point, I didn't want people to watch me pee...

I lifted Michael in my arms and tried to lift him up. But I couldn't, I was weak before I got on the plane and now I was even weaker after surviving a life-threatening crash.

Lucas quickly turned to us upon hearing my movements. He noticed I couldn't lift him up and crawled over to me and effortlessly picked his sleeping body up and into his arms. I pointed to Darcy and Lucas placed him beside her.

I watched as Lucas moved back to his spot as if nothing happened.

I wanted to be around him and being trapped on a raft still didn't suffice for me in some weird twisted reason.

God. I'm ridiculous. I thought while suddenly crawling my way to him. The movement of the raft flowing along the water and my body trying to get me across the raft to the other side made my whole body almost topple over.

Well not almost topple over, I did. I fell onto my side like a clumsy idiot. Lucas's strong hands pulled me up and I sat like a lifeless doll in front of him. He gave me yet another blank stare then turned, once again, to the water as if it was actually entertaining him. I felt frustrated as I huffed loudly to get his attention.

He turned to me still with his bone-chilling stare. It was a cold stare but I still found my safety in it oddly enough. I stared at him blankly getting lost, forgetting why I came over here. I sat there as the raft slowly rocked back and forth.

"Need anything?" Lucas said seriously. Then I remembered I had to pee. How on earth do I even remotely explain this to him?

"I have to... well so you know how like... sometimes.. so actually the thing is..." I rambled on turning redder by the second. Lucas just raised a brow confused.

"I need to pee," I grit out looking away.

"So go pee." He said shrugging.

"Well, how am I supposed to on a raft with little kids and an old man and even on top of that with you here. Awake." I said emphasizing the 'awake' to make sure he got my point.

"I don't think I understand." He said smugly.

"I don't want people to see me. And I don't know what to do." I admitted honestly embarrassed.

"So take your clothes off and jump in the water." He said with such nonchalant-ness it hurt my pride.

"Well I don't want to— oh actually that's not a bad idea..." I say throwing my hands in the air with feeling my head spin.

"You better do it quickly before they wake up." He said.

"Don't look," I warned before steadying myself then standing up slowly.

I didn't want all my clothes to be wet by the time I'm done and have to wait for hours before they are dry again. I reached for the zipper on the back of my romper then stopped when I felt eyes on me. I whipped my head around and sure enough, Lucas was staring at me with some look in his eyes. I couldn't tell what it was because he quickly looked away when I glared.

I got to my zipper and tugged about less than halfway down. Then it stopped. I tugged again but it didn't budge. Great. It was stuck. "Lucas," I whispered quickly while turning around. I didn't want to wake anyone up and wanted to be quick.

"Yes." He said slowly and carefully looking back at me in case I was undressed. "I need help my zipper is stuck," I said nervously. I saw him take in a sharp breath before scratching his neck and standing up to get to me. I turned around once he reached me and then I took in a sharp breath as well when I felt his hands on my skin.

He started working on the zipper and it was awhile before he slid the zipper down to my lower back. "Got it." He said but I didn't move. He didn't move either. I took a small step back and felt him. I could feel his heart rate pick up, or maybe it was mine. He put his hand on my shoulder and the other suddenly around my waist. I leaned into him more. I felt a nagging voice in my mind saying Nico over and over again. But I still didn't move.

I got my senses under control and quickly moved away from him. He seemed shocked by my weird way of affection. "Thank you," I said quickly, but my heartbeat was still going a trillion beats per minute. Guess it was my heartbeat after all.

He just nodded and still stared at me. "Uh... don't look." I reminded him.

"Oh, yeah right.." He said looking away with a hand behind his head. He was currently on his knees trying to balance himself. I got closer to the edge and held the top straps of my romper. I pulled them down until it pooled at my feet. I stepped out of it and didn't even bother turning around. If Lucas was looking at me, surprisingly... I didn't care.

Sitting on the hot dry edge of the plastic raft in only my now dirty black lace bra and panties I froze. I turned around quickly. "Lucas!" I whisper-shouted in a scared voice. Lucas—who stuck to his word and was turned around staring at the water not looking at me—turned around. His eyes went wide and his mouth dropped open but it soon turned to a smirk as he didn't even try to hide the fact he was taking me in. Then me being the idiot reminded myself, I wasn't wearing clothes. Genius.

I quickly covered myself and shrieked. "Lucas don't look!" I yelled but covered my mouth when everyone was still thankfully asleep. Lucas turned around quickly and said, "you called my name what else was I supposed to do!" He defended himself. I frowned. "I'm sorry! I forgot but what if there are sharks!" I said bringing my legs up from the water in fear.

Lucas must have heard the fear in my voice because he turned around and suddenly he was in front of me. He grabbed my hands and I was shocked but pleased by his affection. "Go quick. You'll be okay. If you go fast enough sharks won't get you, and yes I'm not going to lie, there definitely are sharks in this water but I'll pull you up when you are done. You don't need to be embarrassed about anything. We're stuck here until we can get help so we need to have each other's backs." He said making me feel better. He weakly smiled and I did back. "Promise me you'll pull me up. I don't know if I have enough strength." I admitted. I know it's only been a day but it's getting worse and I can only imagine how everyone else feels. My throat is already dry and I can feel my stomach growling with hunger.

"Promise." He said then looked at my chest. "Lucas," I warned and his eyes met mine again. "What? I couldn't help it." He said with his holy grail smile once again. I just glared at him and faced the water.

I dipped my body into the cold water while sliding my panties down to my ankles just praying they don't slip off and leave me in an even more embarrassing situation than I already am in. Then I did my business quickly. I pulled my panties up and swam over to him. At first, I tried to pull myself up but couldn't. I felt something brush against my leg and almost had a heart attack. Shark! Was my first thought "Lucas!!" Was what I screamed. Suddenly Lucas was by my side and grabbed my arms. He tried to pull me up and something wrapped around my leg. Then that's when I screamed.

I let go of Lucas and fell into the water. I barely heard Lucas scream my name before everything was silenced under the surface of the water.

I tried to pull my leg out of some grip it was stuck into but couldn't. I tried to go up to the surface for air but the raft was now over my head. It must have floated over me while I was under!

Pounding my hands on the bottom of the raft to get someone's attention, anyone's attention. I felt my throat close up from lack of oxygen. I gasped for air but was still stuck underwater and felt my lungs burn as all I did was inhale lung fills with water. I felt my body get weaker and weaker as I kept trying to pound my fists onto the bottom of the raft to get someone's help. My head moved back and forth frantically in silent screaming which made bubbles surround myself. Getting my hair tangled around my neck and knotted beyond belief.

I managed to look down and see seaweed around my ankle tightly. Enough to hold me underwater. It must have wrapped around my leg while I was kicking to stay up while I peed. My pounding eventually stopped and I moved to my ankle to try and get the seaweed to untangle itself.

I was running short of time to live. My lungs were on fire from the water I inhaled. Tugging on the seaweed that wouldn't let go my eyes started to shut as all I was seeing was black spots. I got weaker and started floating down. The last thing I saw was something jump in the water as white bubbles surrounded it.

I felt arms around my body. I couldn't see anything but I was hopeful that it was Lucas. The next thing I knew I was pulled onto the raft coughing up water while gasping for air as my hair stuck all over my face and dripped water droplets down onto his firm wet chest, glistening with its own water as it moved up and down with his sharp inhales and exhales, with a soaking wet Lucas panting under me. When I stopped coughing up water and my breathing came slightly back to normal. I opened my eyes. I couldn't see much with my hair covering my face but I felt a hand remove it from my eyes.

Lucas looked at me panting as I sat on top of him panting as well. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I couldn't get to you fast enough." Was all Lucas said? I didn't let myself go crazy thinking about how I was sitting on Lucas half-naked. And I did almost just die.

I suddenly grabbed ahold of his wet body under me and pulled him into a tight skin-to-skin hug. I held him to me while breathing heavily. And he held me back even tighter.

"Don't be sorry. Please don't be sorry. You saved me." I said still breathing ragged. I didn't even notice I was shaking. I felt comfortable in his arms.

I pulled him even closer which I didn't think was possible and our bodies were flushed against one another as one. We didn't let go for a while until he eventually did. And I wished he didn't.

Why can't we just get the fuck off this raft?

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 1.1K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...
16K 1.5K 35
This is not a story between a rich boy and a poor girl This is not a story between two families who are enemies but these two love each other This...
4.3K 150 53
He caught my wrist and pulled me down from the boat. "Chri..sty.... it hurts!!" I said breaking in middle. My sound and whole body was shaking becaus...
259K 5.6K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...