Resident Evil 4: Cursed Blood...

By CelestialShadowWolf

***SEQUEL TO MOONDROP BLOOD*** The Blood Saga-Book 2 of 4 Six years after the outbreak in Raccoon City, Leon... More

{•Chapter One•}
{•Chapter Two•}
{•Chapter Three•}
{•Chapter Four•}
{•Chapter Five•}
{•Chapter Six•}
{•Chapter Seven•}
{•Chapter Eight•}
{•Chapter Nine•}
{•Chapter Eleven•}
{•Chapter Twelve•}
{•Chapter Thirteen•}
{•Chapter Fourteen•}
{•Chapter Fifteen•}
{•Chapter Sixteen•}
{•Chapter Seventeen•}
{•Chapter Eighteen•}
{•Chapter Nineteen•}
{•Chapter Twenty•}
{•Chapter Twenty-One•}
{•Chapter Twenty-Two•}
{•Chapter Twenty-Three•}
{•Chapter Twenty-Four•}
{•Chapter Twenty-Five•}
{•Chapter Twenty-Six•}
{•Chapter Twenty-Seven•}

{•Chapter Ten•}

1.3K 35 11
By CelestialShadowWolf

As Leon, Gwen, and Ashley trekked through the rain, they discovered a lever and opened a gate. Passing through the gate, they walked through metal doors and found themselves running through a mountain pass.

Gwen was ahead of Leon and Ashley as she spotted a chained door. "Why would-" A loud roar silenced the young woman. Another giant just like the one they faced in the quarry appeared, blocking their path. The archivist stared up at the monster as it spotted her. "Oh, shit..." It reached down to grab her, but she dodged by rolling between its legs.

The giant wasn't sure where the woman went and changed his target to Leon. Gwen knew there wasn't much room to maneuver around in the narrow, rocky path and they couldn't afford to be distracted by the giant. She searched the ledges above and spotted a large boulder suspended at the clifftop. She pointed to the enormous rock as she shouted at her boyfriend. "Leon, use your gun to destroy the support and run around the giant when it's incapacitated!"

Leon glanced up and saw the boulder above. He aimed his pistol at the supports and waited for the giant to get right under it. When the creature was in the right spot, he pulled the trigger. The wood supporting the boulder broke, resulting in the rock falling and smashing against the giant's head. It wailed in pain, grabbing its head. Leon and Ashley run around the monster just as Gwen destroyed the chains around the door.

The giant recovered and stomped over to the trio as they stormed through the door. Weaving through the numerous of shacks, they heard the creature bash through the palisade to reach them. On the other side of the valley, Leon tried to kick the door open, but it was locked. "Shit, we need a key!"

"Great..." Gwen groaned. She glared at the approaching giant and grabbed her pistol. "Leon, take Ashley with you to search for a key. It has to be nearby. I'll distract it." Leon nodded as she moved away from him and Ashley, grabbing the giant's attention. She fired a few rounds, one of the bullets nailing the monster in the eye. It cried out in pain, covering the bleeding optic.

Gwen winced at the sight. "Wasn't really aiming for that." The giant fell to a single knee from the pain, the parasite in its back making an appearance. She decided against climbing on the monster's back to attack the wiggling creature, knowing she wouldn't be able to take the giant down by herself. All she was trying to achieve was being a distraction. She kept her distance, sparing as little ammo as possible.

Running circles around the giant proved to be quite useful as the large creature kept spinning around in order to grab Gwen. She couldn't help but laugh at how idiotic the monster truly was. Eventually, the giant became dizzy and tripped over its own feet. The archivist guffawed at the sight just as a hand wrapped around her wrist and dragged her back to the locked door. Leon released her when he unlocked the green door and slammed it behind them.

Ashley was breathing heavy, bending over slightly as she placed her hands on her thighs to catch her breath. "What was that thing?"

"A giant," Gwen responded as she holstered her handgun. "Bet you haven't seen one of those before."

The girl shook her head. "No, I haven't. I've only ever seen them in fairytales."

"Too bad this isn't a fairytale. I'd love to have some fire magic to burn all these assholes," the woman smirked.

Ashley giggled at Gwen's words and joined in. "Or a magic sword that can slay anything."

"Exactly! We'd be kicking ass and taking names."

Leon grinned as he listened to the girls idle chatter as they checked the new area. Inside the house, they found a note inside a toppled over locker.

*****
Village's Last Defense

I clearly underestimated the American agent's capability. He's still alive along with the cursed one.

I thought that we could wait until the egg hatched, but at this rate, he could destroy the entire village before it does. With the cursed one by his side, it makes our job more difficult. We must take care of these nuisances before we all are poisoned by the blood of the moon.

We shall change our priorities-for the time being, we will cease our hunt for Luis and ambush the three Americans.

There is a building used to enlighten betrayers just beyond the point where you get off the lift.

It's a perfect place for ambushing them.
If all else fails, they still would need to face me in order to get past the last gate that leads out of the village.

For only before my sight will the gate open.
*****

"Blood of the moon? What do they think I am-a goddess?" Gwen muttered as she read the note.

"They wouldn't be wrong," Leon confessed. The words had slipped out of his mouth before he knew it and glanced at his girlfriend to see her reaction. When he saw she was covering her face with the note to hide her expression, he smirked and took the piece of paper from her. She tried to grab it back, but he held it out of her reach. "You blushing?"

"N-No!" Gwen jumped up as high as she could and snatched the page back from Leon. She continued to read the note, but her train of thought derailed when she felt a finger loop around her belt and tug her towards Leon. Her mind was in shambles as he kissed her on the cheek. The feeling of his slightly chapped yet soft lips against her skin caused her heart to skip a beat. She tried to keep her composure as she spoke up. "A-Anyway, we know about the ambush. Do we plan on walking straight into it?"

"We might have no other choice," Leon sighed.

"Well," Gwen exhaled. "We better be prepared then."

<----------<<<<<<<<<<<<

"What is this?" Gwen inquired after examining the gate.

Leon examined the strange, glowing eye on the face located in the center of the gate. "Looks like a retinal scanner."

The archivist's eyes widened when she remembered what the last sentence of the note. ""For only before my sight will the gate open." Whoever wrote that note is the person we need to find. We kill them and... take their eye." She paused for a brief second before grimacing. "Never thought I'd say that."

"Then, where are we going?" Ashley questioned.

"The note mentioned the lift. It's not like we've a map of the entire village," Gwen answered.

Leon turned away from the gate and glanced at the ascending path. A structure was atop the hill, his eyes narrowing as he saw something moving. "I think we're closer to the lift than we realize."

Gwen and Ashley follow behind Leon as they trek up the hill to the structure. Inside the building, they spotted the lift they were looking for. The inky-haired woman crossed her arms as she watched the rustic, squeaky cars move along the cable. "Well, damn. You were right, Leon."

"Hop aboard, ladies," Leon said as the next car made its way up the cable. The trio hopped on and descended the mountainside.

Watching the passing scenery, Gwen saw something in the distance. A large structure loomed in the distance, lights from the building piercing through the shadows of the night. Her eyes traveled to the car approaching on the other side. As her eyes connected with one of the villagers aboard, an axe soared through the air towards them. "Duck!" She grabbed ahold of Ashley and pushed her down.

Leon dodged the weapon and went to shoot the cultists, but Gwen stopped him. "Save the bullets. I've got this." She unwrapped the gauze around her palm and revealed the dry, silver blood around the wound. When the villagers caught sight of the dried blood, they backed away. "¡Sangre maldita!" The villagers shouted before falling over the side of the car.

"Well," Gwen muttered as she wrapped the gauze back around her palm. "I didn't expect them to jump to their deaths."

Leon grabbed her injured palm before she retied the strip of gauze. "This is the second time you've cut your hand for me."

"Technically it wasn't just for you-"

"But still, in Raccoon City, you used your blood to save me, twice. If it wasn't for you, I would've died of blood loss in that damn sewer."

"And if it wasn't for you, I'd be a prisoner of Damon's. I would've been his source of countless riches, and god knows what cell I would be in right now if you hadn't saved me that night."

Leon rubbed his thumb across the back of her hand gently. "There was no way in hell I was leaving you with that twisted bastard."

"I can't believe you two survived the outbreak," Ashley said, grabbing the agents' attentions. "I heard what happened, but I still can't believe it."

Gwen glanced down at her palm as Leon retied the gauze. "We didn't, either. Seeing so many innocent people fall victim due to Umbrella's mistake was heart wrenching. Police officers, mothers, fathers... even children. Even though that was the longest and most painful night of my life, it was also the night Leon and I were reunited after two, long years."

"How did that happen?" The blonde asked.

"I found myself wrapped up in the outbreak and when I entered the city, I headed to the police station. Turns out," Leon threw his arm across Gwen's shoulders and pulled her into his side. "Shortcake here was working at the same station as the only archivist."

Gwen scowled when hearing Leon's favorite nickname for her. "And you ruined the moment with that shitty nickname." She patted him on the chest before escaping his grip. "Good job, beefcake."

Leon chortled as the woman backed away from him. "Beefcake and shortcake working side by side."

The archivist snorted with laughter while Ashley giggled. The young girl brushed a golden strand behind her ear. "I wish I had a relationship like yours."

Gwen offered Ashley a kind and warm smile. "I'm sure you'll find someone special very soon, Ashley."

<-----------<<<<<<<<<<<

"Welcome!" The merchant cackled as he revealed what was under his robe. Ashley screamed in fright as she hid behind Leon. "I've got some more rare items in stock, strangers."

"I want to know how you're in so many places at once!" Gwen circles around the man, eyes narrowed. "Teleportation, maybe? 'Cause if that's the case, sign us up! It'd be quicker than heading to the extraction point and more safe!" The mysterious man just chuckled, deciding to remain quiet.

"You've anything to heal wounds?" Leon inquired.

"I've got just the stuff, stranger." The merchant handed the blonde a can of first-aid spray as he passed over some gold coins. "My own recipe."

"Oh," Gwen mumbled. "That's reassuring." Sarcasm filled her tone as Leon faced her.

"Let me see your hand, Gwen." Reluctantly, the sable-haired woman placed her injured hand in his gloved one. He unwrapped the gauze and sprayed the wound. The moment the substance made contact with her wound, she yelped in pain and retracted her hand.

"I know it hurts, but this'll keep it from getting infected," Leon said, holding his hand out. In the ten years he's known Gwen, he's never forced her to do anything and never would do such a thing. He'd always wait patiently for her, knowing she trusted him with her life and vise versa. He waited patiently for a few seconds before Gwen placed her hand back in his. He gripped it tightly but made sure to not dig his fingers into her wound. As he sprayed the gash, he glanced up at her face. Leon watched her bite her bottom lip from the pain and dig the heel of her boot into the dirt.

Once the lacerated skin was covered in the substance, Leon rewrapped the gauze. "There. How's your hand feeling?"

"Stinging, but I know that's a good sign," Gwen sighed.

"Maybe we should search for some more gauze," Ashley stated. "It looks like that strip is dirty and bloody."

"Don't worry about the gauze, Ashley," Gwen said. "It'll be fine until we reach the extraction point."

"Alright. But if I find some, I'm definitely giving it to you," the younger girl proclaimed.

<------------<<<<<<<<<<

The trio arrived at the end of the path. A large barn was all they could see. Leon stared at the building, confused as to why the villagers would ambush them here. "This is the place mentioned in the note."

"This is a pretty small building to hide an entire ambush," Gwen commented. She placed her hand against one of the metal doors. When her hand made contact with the cool metal, she heard a noise coming from the other side. "Leon."

The blonde agent whipped out his pistol and turned to Ashley. "You stay outside."

"And find a place to hide," Gwen added, grabbing her handgun.

Ashley didn't argue and nodded. "Yeah. Be careful, you two."

Once the girl was out of sight, Leon took the left door and Gwen took the right. The man met the archivist's sapphire eyes with determination. "You ready for this?"

"As I'll ever be," she responded with a small nod.

With their pistols at the ready, the agents opened the doors to the barn slowly. Stepping inside with cautious footsteps, they scanned their surroundings to find the source of the sound. The moment Leon turned around, he was grabbed by the throat and was unable to fire his pistol due to his hand being grabbed as well. Gwen heard his struggle and turned around to see Mendez choking him. She immediately discharged a few bullets into the enormous man, which only angered him.

Mendez tosses Leon's body directly at Gwen, their bodies clashing and tumbling to the ground. The village chief turns to the doors and grabs the handles, twisting them together as if they weren't made of solid metal. With no exit, the agents were now forced to fight Mendez.

Leon and Gwen groaned in pain when their bodies collided. Dizzy from hitting her head on the ground, the woman blinked rapidly to remove the spots from her vision. Leon pushed himself off his girlfriend's body before rolling over onto his back. When he did, he spotted the village chief stomping towards them.

The large man reached down to snatch both agents up into a death grip, but Leon quickly pulled Gwen's body into his arms and rolled out of the way. Mendez knocked over a barrel of gasoline in his attempt to grab the couple.

Leon still had an arm around Gwen's waist as he aimed at the flammable liquid looking under the man's feet. "Hasta luego." Pulling the trigger, the bullet sparks a fire and the canister of fuel explodes, setting the village chief aflame.

Gwen exhaled as she watched Mendez's body burn. "That was easy."

Leon released his hold on his girlfriend and got to his feet alongside her. The blonde squinted as he stared at the burning man. Mendez's body made a sickening noise as his spine expands, severing his torso from his lower body. His fingernails transformed into long, sharp claws as two insect-like appendages bursted from his back. Smaller arms sprouted from the sides of his extended spine, creating a centipede-like appearance. The chief roared with a grin as he stared menacingly at the couple.

Gwen swallowed nervously after watching the man transform. "I jinxed it..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 359 10
RESIDENT EVIL 4: REMAKE VERSION. [LEON S. KENNEDY X OC] BOOK 1 LOADING: Childhood friends [✓] READING: Same Police Academy [✓] ANALYZING: G...
730K 20.9K 44
23-year-old Leon Kennedy, Umbrella's finest agent, is sent to Raccoon City in September 1998, during the night of the horrifying outbreak. He's told...
3.2K 173 12
Six years have passed since the Raccoon City incident that will forever leave an impact on the world, including Jasper. He joined a top secret agency...
60.3K 2.5K 24
(𝐋𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐃𝐘 𝐗 𝐅. 𝐎𝐂) SEQUEL TO SERENDIPITY ❝What are you doing?❞︎ THE NIGHT THEY SPENT TOGETHER in Raccoon...