EXPOSED

By True_Hawaiian

"Let me go... please." My heart began to race the closer he got. My back pressing against the wall of the sup... More

EXPOSED
1 | Paranoid
2 | Trauma Is Personal
3 | West Bridge High
4 | Interrogation
5 | Rough Day
6 | Why Not?
7 | Stop Apologizing
8 | Working On It
9 | All Nighter
10 | School Trip
11 | Passing Through
12 | Intoxicating
13 | Coping 101
14 | Distraction
15 | Family Night
16 | A Stand Off
Rainer VS Trey
17 | Stubborn Girl
18 | Code Black
19 | Mixed Emotions
20 | Late Confessions
21 | The Unknown Message
22 | Tick-tock, Amura
23 | Ride or Die
24 | For Attention
25 | You're Better Off
26 | Lake Night
27 | Strike One
28 | Strike Two
29 | Strike Three
30 | Flip The Switch
31 | Jealousy & Secrets
32 | Intruders
33 | Endless Questions
35 | The Damn Notes
36 | Not A Word
37 | Make Them Squirm
38 | For Now
39 | Day By Day
40 | Walls Crumbling Down
41 | You Tell Me
42 | Blood, Sweat, & Stupid
43 | Unbelievable
44 | Night Before Hell
45 | Lights Out
46 | By The Hours
47 | The Ugly Choice

34 | She's Hurting

635 23 10
By True_Hawaiian

Life sucks.

That's it.

"You bitch ass!"

"Watch where you're going, you fucking pigeon!"

It was hard to ignore the giant crowd formed in the middle of the hall. The people who fought in the middle was hard to tell, I couldn't see or cared. I watched the crowds faces, watching intently.

"Who's fighting?" I didn't need to look to know it was Jaden.

"Why don't you just fuck off!"

I shrug, "I don't know... some snobby rich kids  fighting for a parking space." I muse and he smiles.

Jaden heads towards the crowd and I follow close behind him.

"Move, out of my way." Jaden orders and the crowd parts for us to move to the front.

I wish I hadn't moved to the front.

"Get out of my face." Luke warns Ezra as he stands inches away from him.

"Or what... you'll hit me?" Ezra taunts with a smirk. "You don't scare me."

"Step away before you'll regret it." Marìa grabs Ezra's arm and he immediately rips it from her grip. Marìa took a step back from the force.

"Don't touch her!" Luke let his fists swing across Ezra's face. I watch Ezras eyes darken for a moment before swinging with equal force. When Luke tackles him to the ground I started to grow bored.

Andrè pushes passed the crowd to the front.

"What are you doing? Why are you just letting them fight?" Andrè scolds his twin sister. 

Marìa glares, "Look who decides to show up! So nice of you to finally show up to school for once! How's life little brother?"

"You don't know what you're talking about. So fuck off!" Andrè hissed and Maria only grew more mad.

"Fuck off? FUCK OFF?" I watched Marìa clench her hands as she steps forward.

"When you start taking responsibility, take life seriously, and be my brother... then I'll fuck off." She informs as she shoved him back.

"Don't push me." He shoves back.

"Push me one more time, see what happens!" She pushes back with more force.

Just as he was about to push her, Luke was thrown into Andrè. I watched Andrè fall to his hands and knees, while Luke rested against his back.

"THATS IT!" Andrè shouts. In one swift move, Andrè wraps his arm around Luke's neck pulling him to the ground.

"I'd break them up but... I'd only make things worse." Jaden finally spoke as he continued to watch.

"Andrè, don't you hurt Luke!" Marìa shouts.

"I think you should break them up." Jaden suggests taking a step back as Andrè slid across the circle by the help of Luke.

"No." I answer.

"Seriously?"

"Not my problem anymore." With that I walked right into the circle, passed the three boys who fought on the ground.  I pushed my way  through the tight crowd until I was out.

I'm not getting involved with their insecurities anymore. I have my own shit I have to deal with.

It was as if it was on cue, my shoulder collided with another.

"Excuse you."

I lifted my head to see a certain porcelain skinned doll.

"You're excused." I sassed with a smile.

"Funny, you are nothing what people say you are." She places her hands on her hips, examining me.

"And what is that, Nikki?"

"Mrs. Perfect...plays by the rules, does her work, and lets people walk all over her." Her list makes my blood boil.

"That doesn't define who I am. You don't know anything about me." I hissed, feeling a bit of rage inside me awaken.

She smiles, "I know you're a lousy friend."

"Excuse me?"

"I mean if I saw my friends trying to kill each other... I know I would try to break it up. Ever since I got here people are going at it, left and right." She looks at the crowd behind me and shakes her head.

She continues with, "Your hurting peoples friendships here. Especially Rainer and Jadens friendship."

"What are you talking about?" I question, feeling anxiety start to take over.

"I saw them fighting the other day because of you." She informs.

"Me?"

"What are you trying to do here, Zaya? Are trying to ruin people's lives, because it's working." She shakes her head and looks me over once more. "You take care, okay?"

This urge inside of me was stronger than my conscience. Before she could walk away I grip her, pulling her back.

"You don't get to have the last word. You don't get to be a bitch and not let me have a say in this! I'm not that girl anymore, that's not me!" My hands clenched harder with her hair wrapped around my fist.

"You're hurting me!" She shrieks.

"Your mind games wont work on me. If you think guilt tripping into believing that friendship and ruining their lives bullshit is my fault... you are deadass wrong! I'm not a girl you can just manipulate and erase from existence. I'm here to stay bitch, so deal with it!" I finally release her from my death grip.

"You selfish little-"

"Zaya."

Rainer.

"Baby, there you are." Nikki smiles mischievously before genuinely at Rainer. She plants a kiss on his cheek as she hooks her arm with his.

"Who's fighting?" Rainer slips his arm from her grip.

"I'm going home, I'm tired." I state turning away from the crowd, I start to walk away.

"Zaya."

"I'm leaving, Rainer."

The more I stay away, the easier it is to be cold.

Rainer POV

And all of a sudden she changed.

With a new mindset, new outlook, a new soul. That girl that once cared way too much about everyone and everything, no longer cared at all.

These passed few days my encounters with her would be limited. Every time I arrived she would either leave or be silent the entire time.
I'm lucky if she even looks at me.

"There's Marìa, come on." Before I could protest to looks idea. He had already sat himself down at their lunch table. I avoided to make eye contact as I sat down.

Out of all the places, we had to sit at Zaya's table. I felt Jadens eyes on me and I shot him a glare.

"What?" I mouthed.

"Don't even think about it." He mouthed back.

I roll my eyes in response as I stuffed fries in my mouth. Lunch time is supposed to be happy time. Not an uncomfortable-awkward time.

"So did you guys hear about that new club opening up?" I hear Luke say.

"The one on fifth? Yeah I hear it's supposed to have a pool." Marìa smiles, taking another bite of her burger.

I glance at Zaya from across the table who hasn't said a word. She continues to play with her salad with her fork. She rested her cheek in the palm of her hand as her caramel hair falls to one side.

Something is wrong and nobody notices.

I felt a light tap on my neck and then another. When I see peas rolling down from shoulder, I looked to see Jaden glaring again.

"What?" I mouthed.

"Stop it." He mouthed back.

I shot him the finger before looking down at my lunch.

"Damn where are you not?" I look up to see Andrè and Ezra standing with trays on their hands.

"Principal said to not be in the same room together." Luke reminds the two. But the two just smiles.

Knowing those two, they won't leave without a fight. I glance at Zaya again and she hasn't even looked up.

"That's right, you three should get lost." Ezra chimes in.

"Yeah leave my sister and Zaya alone." Andrè slams his tray on the table.

"Like you care." I mutter to myself before stuffing another fry.

"What was that Rainer?" Ezra challenges.

"You're not worth my time." I state and continue to eat.

"Hi everybody, did you miss me?" Nikki greets us a with smile, she takes a seat next to Zaya.

This is fucked.

"It's so annoying-"

"That you two are still here?" Luke sassed, interrupting Andrè.

Why are they so childish?

"No, that you think you own the school. That you're all that but you're not." Andrè finishes and Jaden scoffs.

"And you think you two are?" Jaden muses and I couldn't help but smirk. "Take your irrelevant asses out of here."

"Fuck off asshole." Ezra glares and I notice Zaya roll eyes as she kept her cheek in her hand.

"You know what..." Luke slams his hands down, standing up. "Lets go, right now."

"Luke don't, you could get suspended." Marìa tried to reason.

"Good, a nice vacation from them." Andrè crosses his arms with a smug look.

"You two should remember your place." I remind them and they just scoff.

"That's enough, brother. You and Ezra need to get the fuck out of here. Before I let Luke and the others kick your asses." Marìa threatens, making matters even worse.

"Taking their side again, sis?"

Marìa takes a stand, letting all hell break loose.

They all burst into one big argument. Ezra yelling at Jaden, while The twins and Luke continue to argue over each other. I noticed Nikki whispering something into Zaya's ear and her head slowly lifts from her hand.

Her hands clench into fists and slams them down on the table. Causing all the trays to lift from the impact. Everyone became silent as their eyes landed on Zaya.

She shakes her head as she grabs her bag. Without a word, she gets up and leaves the cafeteria.

The group continued to argue as Nikki sat back and watched. I looked at Jaden who was occupied with Ezra. I'm taking the chance, fuck it.

Without gathering anything I ran out. Pushing passed the cafeteria doors I looked both ways before seeing a small figured girl walk away.

"Zaya."

She didn't stop.

"Zaya!" I tried calling again. But she still never stopped.

Stubborn girl.

"Code black."

She stops.

I walked closer and stood at a good distance.

"From what?" She finally asks.

"You." I answer simply, which causes her to face me. "You're scaring me."

"What do you mean?" She takes a step forward.

"You're not smiling, eating... you love to eat." I say looking into her emotionless brown eyes. "The girl that cares too much, doesn't care anymore. You're hurting from something and nobody sees it."

She looks down, tucking her hands away in her pockets.

"But I see it."

She looks up and finally her eyes had emotion. The emotion of pain.

I took the opportunity to come closer. To my surprise she doesn't walk away. 

"What's wrong, Zaya... you can tell me." I say in a calming voice. Her started to rise and fall more than usual as she looks at me. Her mouth parts as if she was fighting herself to tell me or not.

"Look, I don't expect you to trust me after what I did to you. But I never wanted to hurt you, I never wanted to break your trust and I did. I was a total dick head for not telling you in the first place. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Zaya." Without thinking I take her hand into mine.

"Please talk to me, Zay. I can't stand you not talking to me." I gently tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Her chocolate eyes soften, she looks like she wants to finally open up. Zaya opens her mouth to speak.

"Rainer my-"

"Rainer baby, you left without telling me." Nikki's voice echoed through the empty halls. Zaya rips her hand away taking a few steps back.

"Fucking hell." I mutter to myself.

Just one moment! That's all I fucking want... just at least one uninterrupted moment!

"You have a girlfriend, Rainer." She finally whispers.

"It's complicated." I respond quietly.

Her eyes becomes emotionless once again.

Damn it.

"Goodbye, Rainer."

———

You can see it in her eyes, feel it in her touch, hear it in her tone... she needs help.

I waited for all but one to leave the locker room. I closed the door and locked in the process. I leaned against one of the set of lockers with my arms crossed.

"We need to talk." I stated from the other side of the locker room.

"Fuck off, I'm tired." He groans.

"I wasn't asking, Ezra." I respond with a little more edge in my voice.

"I'm getting dressed you pervert. I just finished practice, I had a long day, and I want to go home." He complains throwing stuff into his locker.

"And you think I would be here if it wasn't important? Believe me I dreading this just as much as you." I began to walk towards him.

"Seriously, Rainer I'm not in the mood."

"I don't care."

He rolls his eyes taking out a fresh shirt to throw over his head. I slams his locker shut setting him off guard.

"Fuck off." Ezra hissed taking his duffle bag over his shoulder. He began to walk until I finally said...

"It's about Zaya..."

He finally stops.

"She's not talking, she's not smiling, she not even eating. And nobody even notices that." I say in frustration.

He turns around, his eyes darken with anger.

"Are you telling me I'm a bad friend? That I don't care about her, is that it?" He growls, taking a few angry steps forward.

"I'm saying she's hurting." I say in a calmer voice.

"I'm her best friend, she's my cousin... she would tell me if anything-"

"Obviously not." I scoff, crossing my arms.

"What do you know?" He spat, crossing his arms.

"I know the girl that once cared too much, doesn't anymore. She watched her best friends fight and didn't even say a word. She is always the one to break up a fight, to reason with one another... But she didn't." I explain, feeling the blood boil inside.

"You were too busy arguing, you didn't even notice." I add.

He looks down probably because of guilt.

"Talk to her, Ezra."

"What makes you think she'll talk to me?" He questions.

"She trusts you Ezra... she needs you."
I never thought I'd be here asking for his help for a girl, not just any girl... but Zaya. She's totally worth it.

"I'll talk to her." He finally settles.

"Thank you." As I start to head out he stops me with his hand on my chest.

He looks at me, "Why are you telling me this? I thought Rainer Hunt didn't care about anybody but himself."

I shrug, "I thought so too."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note:

I'm sorry I didn't update!

What were your thoughts on the chapter?

Nikki and Zaya going at it?

Do you think the group can ever be friends?

Watch are your thoughts on Rainer and Ezra?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 7 51
"This was just supposed to be summer fun. That was what we agreed on." I tried to talk to him as he was vigorously shaking his head, tearing his gaze...
20.1K 537 43
She was supposed to meet her friend,however,it never got to the point where she could knock on her friend's door.She bumped into her brother's rival...
10.3M 411K 54
Ranked #01 for Teen Fiction X4 *A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY!* WHS Story of the Month Winner: Teen Fiction The Fiction Awards Winner 2017; Best Overall S...
8.8K 44 44
This book will contain strong sexual themes, mature language, violence, abuse and will move fast. "Stop rolling your eyes" "Or what?" I put the cigar...