Fangs are Forever

By alright_artz

Izuku Midoriya is quirkless. That doesn't make him human though. When Izuku is offered a chance by his idol... More

Start
Entrance Exam
First day
USJ
He Knows
Sports Festival Part 1
Sports Festival part 2
Stain
Exams
The Mall
Training Camp - Start
Kidnapped
What do you want with me?
All Might
Kirishima's Concern
Crumbling
The Start of the Full Moon
Exposed
Why?
IMPORTANT UPDATE

Battle for the Full Moon

10.2K 332 283
By alright_artz

To make matters worse, the full moon was tomorrow night.

And right now, he was trying to sneak into a building to fight his bully.  Thankfully, Uraraka's quirk helped them get into the stupid place.

Once inside, Izuku lead the group.  He secretly listened and sniffed around for the opposing team.

He stopped suddenly when he heard footsteps, "He's coming." Izuku whispered to his partner.

"He?" Uraraka whispered back.

Izuku sniffed the air, "Kacchan." He concluded with a shudder.

How did he know who...? Uraraka wondered silently, but she followed her partner as he turned the other way.

"Just follow me, we can find which floor the bomb is on without encountering Kacchan." Izuku ordered.

Uraraka nodded as she continued to follow him.  Uraraka was very curious about Izuku, he just seemed weird in a way.  Not in a bad way, Uraraka couldn't really put it into words.  He seemed to be moving around the building really well, which was strange to her.  He'd never been here before, right?  Uraraka guessed that his quirk just enhanced every ability he had, she would ask him about it later.

Uraraka liked being in his presence, he seemed like such a sweet guy after all.  However, Uraraka's new friend Asui, didn't think the same.  "I don't like him" She'd said, which was crazy!  She'd just meet Izuku, how could she judge him already!  Right now, it didn't matter, cause Uraraka had to focus.

There was suddenly a loud explosion, and Izuku covered his ears.

"Where are you, Deku!?" Izuku faintly heard Bakugou scream, which caused him to flinch.

"We have to find Iida quickly," Izuku mumbled, "Before Kacchan finds me- us, before he finds us."

"I don't like that Bakugou guy." Uraraka said seriously.  It was like he had a personal mission to hurt Deku, and she wasn't going to let that happen.

"Yeah, he can be like that sometimes, but I wouldn't hate on him to much." Izuku smiled weakly.  His smiled changed very quickly, "I hear something."

"I don't hear anything..."

"It's Iida."

How does he know this!?

"Let's go then!" Uraraka clenched her fists.

"Right..." Izuku said unsurely, he looked nervous.

"What's wrong?" Uraraka tilted her head.

"I'm afraid Kacchan will find us, we can't win if we fight both of them."

"Have some confidence, Deku!"

Izuku smiled thoughtfully at her, "Than-"

"I found you." A voice snarled.

Izuku felt his body tense up, and his blood run cold.

Izuku felt an explosion ring in his ears as he yelled, "Uraraka, go!"

"Deku!" she cried.

Bakugou was suddenly aiming a fiery right hook at Izuku's face, Izuku quickly ducked down and aimed his own punch at Bakugou's stomach.

It connected and Bakugou's face twisted in anger, he went in for another punch which caught Izuku's ribs.  Izuku clenched his eyes shut in pain, and awaited another quick jab, Bakugou was fast like that, but it never came.  Izuku opened his eyes to see a floating Bakugou.

"Eh!?" Bakugou yelled.

"Deku, we have to hurry!" Uraraka grabbed Izuku's wrist and started dragging him.

Izuku Did not like when people grabbed his wrist.

His father did that, his bullies did that.

"Uraraka," Izuku tried to keep his voice calm, "Let go." He growled.

She gave him a horrified look, "Oh- I-I'm sorry..." her voice quivered as she released him.  Past trauma?

Izuku took a deep breath, "It's fine, we have to find Iida before Kacchan gets used to exploding through the air."

"Let's hurry then"

They both sprinted down the hallway, Izuku made a couple quick turns as Uraraka followed.  The team of two were suddenly meet with a large room, Iida and the bomb inside.

"Heroes!" he said evilly.

Izuku scanned the room, he quickly noticed that it was basically empty.

"I removed everything in the room so that Uraraka has no weapons!" he laughed, spreading his arms out.

Izuku smiled with determination, "What about me?"

"I'll fight you head on!"

Izuku heard a few distant explosions of Bakugou moving through the air, he ignored it as he charged Iida.

"Uraraka, go for the weapon!" Izuku called as he ran.

She darted to the side and sprinted towards the bomb.  Iida noticed this, and quickly changed his plan.  He ran back and grabbed the bomb, once he got it, he sped away.

Izuku growled as he changed direction, heading towards Iida again.  He had to make this quick before Bakugou came back.  Iida sped away again, to the opposite side of the room.  He set the bomb down and quickly charged at Uraraka.  She tried to get into battle stance, but he was too quick.

Iida kicked her side, Uraraka made a desperate grab to make Iida float, but failed.

Izuku felt his gut twist, the exercise suddenly didn't matter, he wanted to help her first.  Izuku ran over and delivered a punch straight to Iida's head, which didn't do much more then knock his helmet off.

Izuku smirked, it was part of his plan.

The sound of explosions suddenly became present as Bakugou maneuvered himself into the room through the air.

"Where's that gravity bitch!" he yelled angrily.

Uraraka looked at him flying, she felt her stomach become queasy.

Izuku caught her eyes, "It's okay, Uraraka, you can let him down!"

"R-Release" she put her finger pads together.

Once Bakugou slammed back to the ground, he glared at Izuku.

"Bakugou, you're back!"  Iida exclaimed.

Bakugou payed no attention as he raised his gauntlet to face the three people.  He smirked as he raised his finger up to the pin.

All Izuku could think about was that whatever that gauntlet was going to do, it was also going to hit Iida and Uraraka.

"Kacchan, stop!" Izuku yelled.  He swiftly bent down to help pick Uraraka off the ground, "Go, Go!" Izuku pushed her into Iida's arms as he heard the sound of the pin being pulled.

As quickly as Izuku's wolf self could, he pushed Iida who was holding Uraraka, harshly, as he tried to get away.  Izuku wasn't quick enough to save himself as the blast sent him soaring into the wall.  Izuku cried out in pain as his bones smashed against the wall, he fell to the ground.  He looked up with hazy eyes to see Uraraka and Iida safe, each with a horrified look on their face.

Uraraka had a helmet on, Bakugou and Iida did not.  His plan could still work.

"Uraraka," he cried out weakly, "get the weapon."

Izuku powered up his fist using One for All, and punched the wall as hard as he could, sending debris and dust everywhere.  The building shook at the force, both Iida and Bakugou helplessly blind.

Uraraka couldn't see very well either, but she had eye protection.  That was enough.  Izuku slumped to the ground in exhaustion and gave his body time to heal.

Once the dust cleared, Uraraka held the weapon tightly between her arms.

~

Izuku awoke suddenly in the nurse's office.  How did I get here?

"Now that you're awake," Recovery girl startled him, "You can go back to class."

Izuku blinked before scrambling out of the hospital bed, "Thank you," he mumbled as he rushed back to the classroom.

He needed to go home, he was too on edge about everything that had happened earlier and the full moon the next day.

He could deal with Kacchan and all his issues later.  Right now he had to worry about getting through the full day of school tomorrow without having a freak out.

~

The start of the next day didn't go well, he was surrounded by news reporters!  Especially on the day of a full moon, when his instincts were more persistent, he couldn't deal with crowds.  They freaked him out.

"Hey, kid!  Can you tell us what it's like to be taught under All Might?" One of the reporters shoved a microphone in his face.

Izuku took a deep breath to calm his jumping nerves, "No, I do not," he spoke in a low voice.

"Come on just give us something!" she persisted.

Izuku could feel his anger bubbling, he turned around and walked away.

Don't let them get to you.

The day went on slowly, but Izuku had minimal problems.  He kept his anger in check, and he kept himself from showing signs of sickness, like nausea.

That was until, lunch came around.

He was sure his friends noticed how fidgety he was being, but he couldn't really help it.  They were all mid-conversation when an alarm blared through Izuku's consciousness.  He covered his ears quickly as his heart rate spiked.  His friends looked just as scared, they stood up in alarm.

"Level three security breach, all students must evacuate the building" the announcement system blared loudly.

"What's going on?!" Iida asked an upperclassman.

"That means someone has managed to get on school grounds.  This hasn't happened in my three years here, we should get going!" the upperclassmen exclaimed in fear.

Izuku's blood was racing as he rushed out into the hallway.  He was immediately squished between bunches of people frantically trying to escape.

I'm trapped,  I'm TRAPPED GET ME OUT.

Izuku tried to push people out of his way, he had to get away from the crowd, HE HAD TOO.

He felt like the crowd was closing in on him, he started hyperventilating, I'm gonna lose control, no I can't, no.

Uraraka and Iida cried out Izuku's name as they were swept away by the crowd, they didn't even notice his panic.

Izuku stopped trying to push people away as his he started losing himself, he pushed himself to the ground.  His knees and forehead pressed to the floor, he could feel his insides moving around.

His transformation only hurt when he was stressed.

Izuku cried out in pain as his spine started to bend, His teeth grew longer then his mouth could contain them.

No, NO STOP.  Izuku tried to suppress his transformation, but to no avail.

Izuku felt a hand on his back, he quickly covered his face with his arms.  DON'T LOOK.

"Midoriya, you okay man?" Kirishima's voice cut through the crowd.

No, no no don't transform Izuku, DON'T.

The loudness and pushing of the crowd suddenly ceased, and Izuku felt the tension around his heart release.

"Everyone calm down, everything is fine, it's just the press!"  Iida's voice boomed around the students.

Izuku felt his breathing return, his body going back to its normal form.  Izuku slowly looked up with watery eyes to see the worried faces of Kirishima and Kaminari leaning over him.

"Are you okay?!" Kaminari whispered loudly.

"Don't be rude!" Kirishima scolded, "I'm going to help you up, Midoriya."

Izuku nodded breathlessly, regaining control.

Kirishima hooked his arm under Izuku's, while Kaminari went around to the other side.  They carried him away from the crowd, back into the empty lunchroom.

They gave Izuku time to breathe, once he felt fully in control, he thanked them, "S-sorry guys." He couldn't meet their eyes.  How much had they seen?

"It's not a big deal, man" Kirishima smiled softly.

"Not good with crowds?" Kaminari asked awkwardly.

Izuku sighed in relief, "Yeah..."

"We all got our issues, just glad you're okay!" Kirishima comforted.

"It was scary!" Kaminari exclaimed.

"Dude, you can't say those kinds of things!"

"No-no it's fine!" Izuku waved his hands around, he was just glad to have a coverup for his strange behavior, "I should... probably go home though..."

"I heard were choosing class rep though, so you should leave after that!" Kaminari chimed in.

"I guess... I can stay for that."

Izuku just wanted to go home.

~

They decided to choose the class representative based on a voting system.

Izuku obviously voted for himself, it would have been cool to be class rep.  When the results came in, Iida won of course.  He had 5 votes and Izuku heard Iida didn't even vote for himself!

What surprised Izuku the most, was that he was in 3rd place, with three votes.  Two other people had voted for him, which warmed his heart.

He was a little calmer for the rest of the day.

~

Izuku stood nervously in front of his mother.

"Are you ready?" she smiled.

Izuku gulped and nodded, full moons always stressed him out.  He knew once he shifted all of the worry would disappear, and he would feel alive.

He fidgeted nervously as his mother leaned in and hugged him, "I know you had a rough day at school, I hope the transformation doesn't hurt?" she held a worried look.

"It won't hurt, I feel normal- for a full moon."

She smiled, "Alright, I love you sweetie, be safe!"

"Love you too, Mom!" Izuku hurried out the door.  He stole a glance at the darkening sky, he had to hurry if he wanted to make it to the spot in time.

The spot he went too was a protected forested area, it was large and not many people went there at night.  Hunting wasn't aloud there, but there were always a couple people who ignored that rule.  So far, no one had seen him in wolf form in that forest.  He intended to keep it that way.

Izuku stopped at the edge of the trees and looked to the sky again.  He only had a couple more minutes.  He could feel his body preparing to change, so he ran faster.

He got to the normal spot and breathed a sigh of relief.  He looked back up to the full moon with shining eyes, a smile growing on his face.

Because he was calm, his transformation was painless.

Izuku found himself growling in excitement as the night awaited him.  Once in full wolf form, he sniffed around for anything different.  Once he detected nothing, he sprinted off into the darkened night, bouncing off the ground.

His paws thundered with excitement at the rush of freedom, the feeling of content in the forest.

He suddenly halted when he smelled an overwhelmingly powerful scent.  His sharp eyes pinpointed at another pair of glowing eyes, yellow like his own.

Izuku bared his fangs and he growled loudly, Who's there?

The glowing eyes narrowed in amusement, it stepped out from its cover.

Izuku went stiff.  It was another.  Another werewolf.

The wolf was larger then him, it had shaggy light grey fur, contrasting Izuku's curly dark green fur.  It had matching yellow eyes, and scars around its mouth.

Izuku stopped baring his fangs and stared in wonder, you're like me. 

The wolf nodded and stepped forward.  It didn't seem threatening, but it reeked of blood, causing Izuku to recoil back slightly.

Who are you? Izuku questioned.

The other wolf stayed silent and mysterious as It eyed Izuku.  It turned around and spoke, I will find you.

It turned tail and ran.

Izuku wondered the rest of the night.

I just want to clarify, there will probably be no endgame ships in this story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 991 9
(OG art) Izuku has the ability to change into a wolf, his mother and father have the exact same powers. This attracted the public and they were const...
75.8K 5.3K 100
A clear mind. That is all it needs sometimes but a quirk was definitely not helping it. Izuku Midoriya was a kid who got away with murderong his own...
59.1K 2K 22
Izuku Midoriya was a boy that grew up without a quirk, unlike the people around him. That didn't stop him from aspiring to be a hero. When All Might...
138K 4.1K 22
" He's something perfect with more bloodlust! Isn't that right our little devil?" *******************************************************************...