NINEPATH TRAVELER

By paultiteuf360

Follow the amazing story of Travis, a 6 years old boy living in the streets, who get teleported in the beauti... More

~Information~
Chapter 1: Prologue
Chapter 2: The phantom of the Cliftlands
Chapter 3: Partners in crime
Chapter 4: An unexpected bargain
Chapter 4.5: The thief's mission
Chapter 5: A snowy love
Chapter 6: The sacred Flame
Chapter 7: A hard choice
Chapter 8: The mighty Sirius
Chapter 9: It's now my turn to protect you
Chapter 10: A really nice guy
Chapter 11: Sweet dreams...
Chapter 12: A beautiful nature
Chapter 13: Nina is in danger
Chapter 14: Snakes everywhere
Chapter 15: Alfyn's dream
Chapter 16: Lost in the woods
Chapter 17: Aisenma
Chapter 18: To eat or to be eaten
Chapter 19: The screech of the mist
Chapter 20: The sleeping blade
Chapter 21: Presumed guilty
Chapter 22: Travis VS Philip
Chapter 23: It's a trap !
Chapter 24: An ocean of treasures
Chapter 26: Don't mess with the pirates
Chapter 27: The scourge of the sea
Chapter 28: My destiny
Chapter 29: Crossing the desert
Chapter 30: The mark of the Crow
Chapter 31: Sunshade's hidden streets
Chapter 32: Yusufa
Chapter 33: The secret of the catacombs
Chapter 34: Show time !
Chapter 35: To the pursuit of the left-hand man
Chapter 36: Fight for freedom
Chapter 37: An astonishing theory
Chapter 38: The heart speaks
Chapter 39: Knowledge and secrets
Chapter 40: Therese Moonheart
Chapter 41: First lesson
Chapter 42: The Cyrus and Travis mysteries
Chapter 43: A princess's honor
Chapter 44: The lightning fast boy
Chapter 45: Final boss
Chapter 46: The Blue Hell
Epilogue
Epilogue 2

Chapter 25: The queen of bargaining

162 5 27
By paultiteuf360

 A/N: Hello guys ! I'm still alive !

I would like to say first to apologyze for the 1 month delay: I was spending a 2 weeks vacation in Japan, and we had to move a lot, so I was sometimes too exhausted to write. However, I could have changed a few things in the scenario for the future of this book (yeah, I still want to continue it !", and I decided to write at a good rhythm of 1500 words per days for NOW !

By the way, the japan was such an amazing country ! Seriously, at the other side of the earth (I'm french btw), it's just like we were in another planet: the ambiance was really colorful, and the people were really respectuous (I haven't spotted almost any cigarette on the streets !), and I was happy to discover amazing things like the Mount Fuji, the One Piece Tower, and the futurit amusement park of Joypolis (I even tested the VR for the first time !)

Anyway, let's start the chapter with fan-beloved character Tressa Colzione !

~Travis's POV~

"OOOOHHHHH !..."

I never knew Tressa would live here !....

That mansion wasn't like any other: it was also a kind of shop with a sign where we could read "Colzione Trading Shop".

The building was quite charming with those flowers growing up a front of the windows, and we could still smell the nice odor of the ocean around the place. There was also an high fir tree standing at the right of the shop, just next to one of the window. A small pile of wooden boxes, the kinds of ones which seem to contain merchandises, was elevated against the wall.

Tressa giggled proudly, while showing me the building.

"So what do you think ? This is where my family work since I was born ! And we are all merchants in our blood !"

"That's amazing !... What kinds of things do you sell ?!", I asked her excitedly.

She didn't answer yet, and became quite more excited.

"THANK YOU FOR ASKING ME THAT QUESTION !!! Hehe !... Well... Mostly products of choice: fishes, meat, eggs, wine, bread, flour, clams, grapes, plums, olives, beans, herbs, pomegranate, jam, nuts, milk, ropes, boots, hairbrush, hats, scarves, hoods, bandanas, rings, braclets, neckflaces, crests, earrings, belts, amulets, ribbons, badges, plates, forks, knives, spoons, drinking glasses, tea cups, teapots, placemats, table-clothes, candles, curtains, carpets, chairs, dining tables, night tables, chest of drawers..."

"Woooaah !..."

If I haven't interrupted her by surprise, I was pretty sure she would have never stopped !

Anyway, Tressa was really happy like she was very passionated by her family's work.

"I just mentioned a quart of the stock, you know !... But I haven't mentioned their minor variations !"

"Hehe...", I calmly giggled, when I continued. "There... there is something that I always wanted to figure out about shops and merchants... All the products you are selling you and your parents... where did they come from ? Do you find them in the nature by yourselves ?"

"Hehe... That quite rare to find them by ourselves... In reality, in order to fill up the stocks, we buy them by ourselves."

"Ah ok... I understood that a person who sell fishes must catch them by himself, but I always wondered how merchants would get all these things they couldn't build by themselves..."

Tressa giggled at my remark.

"As you say ! In the family, it's my job to go making shopping and to fill up the stores. I'm such a professional for... OH ! The shopping! I've almost forgotten, after everything that happened !", she sads to herself, quite absent-minded, but stayed positive.

"Hey Tressa ! What if we go shopping what you need together ?", I reassured her by gently tugging her dress.

"That's an EXCELLENT idea, I think !", she exclaimed happily, while cutely pinching my rosy cheek, before she nicely grabbed my hand. "Let's go first buying the fish of the day, at the fisherman's stand at the port !"

We then walked together in direction of the port, holding hands like true friends, without any of us wanting to release of each other's hand. I watched up at Tressa who was keeping a cheerful smile, while humming in her walk. Seriously, she was really cheerful and adorable ! That wasn't surprising at all that everyone in the village liked her !

I wanted to hum alongside with her, but I didn't really know the air of the song, so I preferred to listen to her hum, which looked totally in harmony with the seaside town's marina ambiance.

Some passants smiled at our sight, as we were heading right back at the port, where was that merchant of precious stones coming from the mountains.

We just passed the bridge and the tavern when we immediately noticed the fisherman's stand, just before the port, and the seller was the young man I've seen yesterday talking with that nice sandwich merchant.

He was peacefully waiting a front of his stand, with a small white rope tightened around his forehead and a neckflace with a pair of teeth around his neck.

When we approached the stand, I was really impressed to see all those fishes around that stand: they were so many fishes with different forms and sizes, like a large row of small ones, or even one size-headed with a round shape. They were mostly disposed inside baskets, and were all smelling the fresh and special odor of the sea, just like they has just been caught at the morning... I would like to taste one, but I've heard fishes couldn't be eaten like that, and that people has to made several kinds of delicious recipes.

Tressa and me went to the merchant, who was welcoming us in a friendly way.

"Well, if it ain't the hardest-workin' merchant in town !"

"Mornin' !", she saluted him back.

"I see you have made a new friend.", he told us while watching at me, as I grinned in response.

"Hello, Sir ! We're here to buy your fresh fish !"

He nicely laughed.

"Thanks, little guy ! I can tell you they are the freshest fish of the day: me and my old man have fished them at the first sunlights to get the best catch and filling the stand !"

"Your... old man ?", I asked, confused.

"He means his father !", shushed me Tressa.

The fisherman continued.

"Anyway, glad to see one of our favorite customer coming to buy one of our products soon in the mornin'. Ye even beat some fishermen to the pier."

"Hehe. Don't sound so surprised ! We both know the early bird gets the worm. Or, in our case, the fish !", answered Tressa happily.

"Yer darn right it does."

I examined the fisherman stand, admiring he has caught for filling his store. There were effectly a lot of fresh fish, where some of them were placed on a bunch of white ice, which must be probably used to maintain them better.

There were so much fishes disposed in the store that I wondered which one Tressa is going to buy, when the fisherman looked for something behind the stand.

"Well, here's the catch of the mornin'"

He then lifted up with a lot of effort an enormous fish and put it on the table, as I was really surprised by its size.

The big fish has a dark blue color on its back, while the front of its body was white. Because of its length of around 1 meter and 70 centimeters, I first thought it was a shark, but I didn't see some sharp teeth. Instead, it has a long sharp nose, a dorsal fin on the back and a tail curved like a moon.

Everyone admired my amazement.

"Woaaah ! He is so big ! How did you manage to catch it ?"

"Well... My father just waited the right moment to lure him with food before my fishing rod would catch it. He he !"

"Incredible ! Do you know what's the name of that fish, Tressa ?"

She was examining the fish with a curious glare, when she told me.

"A Blue marlin, it is..."

"A blue marlin ?"

"Yep. And a big one, too. With lots of good meat on its bones..."

She then started to examine the fish carefully, as the fisherman permitted her to do so.

For a curious reason, Tressa seemed very observant towards the product. She was indeed inspecting the quality of that blue marlin by checking its eyes, its skin, and she even opened the fish at the nivel of the mouth where I could see the interior of the fish's corpse. It was quite weird, but it just like she was examining that product like she was reading a book. Me too, by simple curiosity, I managed to observe carefully the fish as well, and that specie really looked beautiful with that fin. The creature was smelling the nice odor of the sea, and it would be an ideal ingredient for cooking a delicious meal...

But for a moment, I noticed Tressa was quite suspicious...

So I asked her.

"What do you think, Tress ?"

She then took a few coins from her pocket, and show them at the merchant.

"I can give you this much for it."

"Oh ! You already know how much it costs ?", I asked.

The fisherman seemed amused by her decision, when he explained positively.

"It's worth a li'l more than that. This one's a whopper !"

Tressa then answered with a low tone, while she seemed embarassed.

"I guess I'll just have to take my business elsewhere then."   

"Huh ?"

I was slightly confused: what's wrong with that fish ? Why did she is so hesitant towards the product ?... Was that because of the price proposed by the fishmonger ?

The seller was also confused, when Tressa showed to us inside the blue marlin's mouth, as we immediately noticed there was a default.

"Oh !... It isn't..."

"Your hook snagged its innards. I was willing to overlook the damage, but..."

"!!!..."

As Tressa looked quite annoyed, the fishmonger was aware of the quality of the fish he has caught. I admitted it too: the fish's mouth was quite damaged, and I don't think it would be a wise decision to eat its head.

The fishmonger felt quite bad for his young customer, when he finally sighted and announced.

"...Fine. Ye got yerself a deal, missy."

"Pleasure doin' business with you !", answered Tressa happily while giving the coins to the fisherman.

"Wow... That's amazing ! Is that again a good deal ?!", I said excitedly at her.

I was really surprised Tressa managed to make another bargain this morning, by just reducing the product's price. It was even a big fish, and we could really say she has caught such a big fish !

"He he he !"

She giggled at me while nodding, when the fisherman continued.

"The lad is right. Ye drive a hard bargain. Yer a born natural at negotiatin'. I was wrong to underestimate ye."

"Ya got that right ! I may not look like much, but I can haggle with the best of 'em.", she answered proudly.

"Ahaha ! That's cool !", I said happily.

The sympathetic fisherman who just befriended with Tressa seemed to have accepted his defeated without even flinching, when he spoke.

"I learned my lesson. Well, let me tell ye that thing is quite heavy to transport for a young girl like ye. But if you are two to transport it, 'don't see any problem, right ?!"

"Oh yeah ! Let me help you, please !", I said happily to Tressa, while lifting the fish by its tail.

"Well, thank you ! Trav !"

She then grabbed the big fish by the other side, when we both used a lot of effort in our arms to lift it up from the stand, and we managed to carry it by each sides without real difficulty.

"That's quite heavy !", said Tressa.

"Alright ! Be careful with that one, you two ! And don't forget, Tressa: don't be a stranger !", said the fisherman happily.

"I won't ! Thanks again !", she answered at him, before she spoke to me. "Ready to carry that big fish all the way at my parents's shop, little guy ?"

"More than ever !", I answered with a grin.

We then both started to carry the big fish, walking slowly by making sure me and Tressa advances in the same rhythm.

She was walking on front of the way, while I was advancing behind her. Despite our sizes's difference, we managed to carry the fish at the same height, while concerned people were surprised by the size of the fish, and also by the two people carrying it.

Although that fish was really heavy, it wasn't difficult at all for me to carry it with Tressa's help, and I was quite glad to help her making shopping for her parents's shop.

She was really good at making deals, so I wanted to compliment her.

"Nice job, Tressa ! You're such a professional to decrease prices, you know !"

"Huhu ! Thanks ! You know... calling me a professional would be just an euphemism."

"An euphemism ?", I asked innocently.

"Errr... I mean... I'm more than a professional at haggling ! Hehe ! You can even call me the Queen of Bargaining !", she exclaimed proudly.

She looked really proud of making deals with other merchants. Considering it was her job, I deduced she really enjoyed the work. And yeah, Tressa, the Queen of bargaining, that fitted her so well !

I giggled calmly.

"You're right ! You're really the best to negociate with people, Tress ! You're even good to purchase items at a cheaper price by just observing them !"

She calmly giggled while we were carrying the giant fish, when she answered me.

"As a already told you, a merchant must recognize... oop !", she slightly bounced the fish to carry him better, when she continued. "Each merchant should recognize the merchant value of an object in particular before buying it at the great price: you smile, you watch a product, you examine, you look for any default if necessary, and then it's done !"

"Well, that must be a little complicated, I guess..."

"No no ! At the contrary ! With a good experience, we can finish to be used praticing that hobby in the village, and having great negociations with the sellers. And this time, it was such an amazing deal ! A deal so good it was practically a steal ! This oughta liven up our little shop !...", she explained happily.

That was right Tressa hasn't spent a lot of money to buy this big fish. Indeed, she payed not so much that she has almost stolen him at this low price... a bit like Therion, in reality...

Yeah, she reminded me a little of Therion, even if she was a little different. They were both people who used different manners to obtain an item, and they both liked treasures. While Therion preferred to directly rob possessions at other people, Tressa just purchases what she wanted from other merchants, with just a more strategical and honest manner, furthermore she was herself a merchant. By the way, me who was used to rob at merchants in my old life, I wondered how it was like to be a merchant, but I think I'll soon have the answer... I observed her buying some products from merchants, but I was also impatient to see her selling products as a merchant !

We both almost arrived at the shop, when I have a question in mind.

"By the way, Tressa... After you have made shopping for filling your parents's store, will you sell what you have bought at a greater price ?"

She seemed to be pleased to answer me.

"Ah !... What a good question !... Mhhh... no. We just sold them at the same price."

"Oh !... But why ?"

"Well... It would be simply disrespectful from the former seller if we sell his own merchandise at a better price. As I said before, my family's shop created a lot of relationships with other traders, even with people from outside Rippletide. So, it's important to respect our friend's partnership, right ?", she explained me, as I nodded, when she continued. "Sometimes, my father has some tasks to deliver some merchandises at a customer's home. So, we increase the price a little with the travels expenses."

"Oh, okay."

"Our trading shop sell many kinds of diversified products for our customers's needs, by either selling them in place, or delivering them directly at our customers."

By counting the fish, the three of us entered in the shop, when I was quite impressed by the interior.

It was twice as large as Alfyn's house, furthermore there was even a first floor at Tressa's home. My curious eyes were mostly dazzled by all those merchandises disposed across the room: tables, bags of supplies, crockery... there were much more selling products as I expected.

I also observed there was a stand a front of us, with as well a bunch of products being presented, like a necklace, or some kinds of plums. There was even a man who was sitting behind the stand while drinking a cup of coffee and reading a map. He has midlong swept-back hair and a big moustache, and I deduced he must be Tressa's father.

I also spotted a woman lifting up a wooden box with effort for putting it on the stand. She was dressed with an apron and an headband was covering a light brown hair. She was also quite pretty, and looked like Tressa. I guessed she should be her mother.

They both noticed us and were quite impressed.

"Ohhh ! What a nice catch, you got there, Tressa !", said Tressa's father.

"Hehe ! Thanks ! It was such a good plan to wake up at this hour.", Tressa giggled happily.

"Well done, honey !", complimented her mother, when she noticed me."Oh ! You have made one new friend ?"

"Ah yeah ! Mom, dad, may I introduce you Travis !"

"H-hello !", I told them happily, still carrying the fish's tail.

"Nice to meet you, Travis !", said nicely the mother, as her husband nodded as well.

Tressa's parents both smiled at me at my sight, and seemed to be as welcoming as their daughter was.

"Err... Where can we put that blue marlin, dad ?", asked Tressa.

"Ah. Just on the table, right there.", said calmly the father.

We finally put the blue marlin on the said table, which was still large enough to place a fish of that size. It was such a big fish, but I was pretty sure it shouldn't be the only one Tressa has bought for her family's trading shop, according to the fisherman... I wondered how they would do to sell such a creature, which still looked so gracious even if its innards were damaged.

I then continued to observe the entire place, and I was really dazzled by the great amount of furnitures that family of merchants was storing in their shops for years. Some stuff even seemed to be there for years, while others recent objects were already placed on the stand, ready to be sold.

"Is something interesting you, little one ?

"Err...", I was quite hesitant.

In reality, there were effectly a lot of things which interested me in that store, between the food including bread and fruits, and also those clothes ready to be worn at any size. A bunch of shelves were even used to place a countless number of furnitures, including plates, drinks, and even some old books.

Tressa's parents also looked pretty nice when they watched at my amazement, just like their daughter. Furthermore that they really looked like Tressa, who has especially a closer resemblance to her mother, they also seemed to be very passionated by their jobs, with all those furnitures which most of them were ready to be sold, and also a bunch of papers next to Tressa's father desk, probably some lists of all the objects they are selling. I hesitated to buy something in the shop with my own money, with so many things to buy, but also still so many money to save, as I didn't expect to spend all my money from now, else I would have nothing for my travel, and there were so many fun things to buy that it would take me the entire day to decide.

I first asked a question at the mom about one of the product, which was looked like a scarf, but this one was special because it has been made in scales... just like reptile's scales.

"I think that scarf is really beautiful, madam."

"Thank you. It's called a dragon's scarf."

"A dragon's scarf ?!!"

"Of course ! My husband has brought it in our shop from the Woodlands some years ago, and it is still contained under that glass bell without no on has still bought it. That's quite normal with that price..."

I read the price: 16500 leaves for that scarf ! That's so expensive !

That wasn't given at all, but that was such a really beautiful scarf even if it was quite covered of dust with the time... But does that scarf was really made from a dragon's skin ?

I was really curious, but I was also impressed to hear that Tressa's dad has travelled through the country to find such a thing. There must be a lot of unseen treasures which are spreaded across the world, and I was really curious to know more about the hidden face of Orsterra and its secrets...

Tressa's father asked curiously at his daughter.

"Who is that boy, by the way, Tressa ?"

"It's a young boy who is very interested by all the merchant products and everything. I found him in the merchant place, next to the port."

"Yeah. I really like treasures too, and Tressa even bought me this for me.", I showed them the shining stone.

"Ohh..."

The parents were pretty dazzled by the beauty of the white stone, which illuminated the room a little, and were touched by their daughter's kind gest towards me.

"That's really nice from you, my honey !"

"Ah ah ! It's ok ! It wasn't really expensive, anyway !", cheered a proud Tressa.

Her father then stood up from the desk and lifted up a box with a bunch of paperwork, and moved to the exit.

"Well, I must leave you know. I have to make a delivery at a few miles from here. I'll be back at the sunset."

"See you tonight !", said Tressa by waving at her dad.

He then put is box inside a cart, and started to pull it with all his strength, before disappearing from our view. I hope this isn't too complicated for him to delivers something far away from the shop.

After he left us, Tressa's mom bended down a front of me and stared at me curiously with a calm smile.

"I never saw you before in Rippletide... Did your family just move here today ?"

"Ah ! Err..."

I couldn't tell her the truth about my parents, else she will be suspicious towards me, and I didn't really want to upset them with my hard story.

So, I lied.

"Err... Yeah, of course ! Me and family really wanted to get closer to the sea, for once. I've also heard somewhere there were a lot of fun things to do in that town !"

She smiled at me.

"You're right. A lot of people would like to spend their life in that charming village. It's such a wonderful town which is cradled by the waves of the sea and the marina smell. As a proud inhabitant, I think your family did great to have chosen to move at Rippletide."

She looked so blessed by her hometown, so proud to live in such a wonderful place.

"Hehe.. Thanks, madam. I also heard there sere a lot of merchants here, right ?"

"Yes. Rippletide is a port town mostly focused on trade and exchanges. It has quite an huge advantage to be at the seaside, because the merchant ships are really useful to facilite exchanges through the world."

"Merchant ships ?"

Tressa continued while counting her coins.

"Merchant ships are such wonderful boats drove by wonderful captains ! They would always transport tons of treasures of Orsterra and selling them through the continent ! And they even sometimes drop their anchors at Rippletide !", she looked really excited.

"They should be so awesome !", I exclaimed.

I always wanted to see a true ship in a port during my whole life, and hearing that they would stop at Rippletide really made my hopes up !

Tressa's mom enjoyed to see our excitement, when she told me.

"Hu hu... Tressa is always fond of treasures and merchants. She really loves her work like a true passion and she couldn't stop herself to be excited when we talk about everything related to our job.", she explained to me with a soft voice, when she curiously watched at me and removed a few sand on my clothes. "Oh, you have a little sand on your shirt, let me help you."

She then took a tissue and gently removed the maximum of sand covering my clothes, like how would do a mother to her child.

Tressa's mom was really nice and sweet, reminding me of the mothers who take care very will of their kids by providing them love and affection. She was also concerned about me, but I couldn't tell them I'm an orphan, I'm afraid to make them upset although they didn't know anything about me...

For the moment, I'll keep it as a secret, and I really needed to clear my head , so I requested them.

"Errr... For the moment, my family is quite occupied, and I would like to be quite useful for now by discovering the village. So... would you agree if I helped Tressa to purchase items for filling the store ?"

I wanted so much to help Tressa doing her fun job, as she and her mother smiled at my idea.

"Well, I think that's a wonderful idea ! It isn't, dearie ?", answered Tressa's mom at her daughter.

"Hi hi hi ! Of course, he can help me, if he wishes ! There's no way I would refuse any help, no matter if it's a big one or not !", said Tressa happily, while rubbing both my cheeks with her cold hands.

"Hehe !", I smiled proudly at her gest.

"We're gonna start to buy everything we need for preparing the village festival !"

"The village festival ?!", I asked curiously.

It's her mom who answered me with a peaceful smile.

"Don't you know that ? The entire village is actually making preparations in order to decorate the merchant place, just to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Rippletide ! There gonna be music, feasts, kinds of games, and mostly a lot of fun ! And our trading shop has been chosen to resupply the festival !"

"A festival in a village ?! That's sounds so amazing !", I cheered happily.

I never heard about festival in cities, because I've never known any kinds of festival in the city I lived, so I was really happy to learn it existed.

"Glad to see you excited, I hope you will have fun during the festival, you and your family. From now, we still have a lot of work to do, and you will have the honor with Tressa to discover the specialities of Rippletide, I swear you it is really packed of sweet and fresh marina savors on the port... Hmmm ", told me Tressa's mom, dreaming about the nice sea ambiance of Rippletide, when she turned at her daughter. "Hmm... I think you still have to purchase the wine, the fruits... and also a dozen of golden pearls, right ?"

"Yep, mom ! I'm going to buy them now ! Wanna come, Trav ?"

"Yeah !"

I think this family of merchants was really nice and trustable. I never met such one who were so attached at their work and at each others....

Trusting that family, and finding them really sympathetic, I deposited my snatchel at the trading shop for a moment, and I followed Tressa who was waiting me outside, ready to help her carrying the heaviest items, when I asked her curiously.

"Isn't your bag too heavy ?"

I was quite worried by the idea she would carry such things in her bagpack, as I believed her back would sometimes hurts her, when she answered me positively.

"No ! Not at all ! It's just only a few pounds of merchandises, and also some of little treasures I've found while lurking through the shops ! He he !... And you know, in my job, I'm really used to carry tons of things in my brave bag."

"I hope so... If ever you need me to help you carry something, you know you can count on me !"

"He he, thank you in advance !", she nicely ruffled my hair, so much that she has almost messed them up while gushing over how cute I was.

I knew Tressa would need help to carry everything we have bought, furthermore she was already carrying a lot of things in her bag. There might be heavy things we have to carry, but I was ready at anything to help my new friend !

I asked her curiously.

"What do we have to buy next, by the way ?"

"Next up is wine ! I know a common merchant not far from here who always sell wine in bottle. Follow me."

I followed her closely, feeling quite happy to help her and to discover more about the town and it's merchants.

When we moved through the village, I noticed a bunch of people were building like a kind of weird object covered in tissue which can emit a bright light around, and assembling it below a rope, alongside with other lamps, just like it was a weird giant Christmas garland.

They must be preparing the festival and everything. I never knew there would be an event like this one to happen, but I was now really impatient for the feast, simply because I never participated at any feast in my whole life. I was sure it's gonna be so fun with all these meals I wanted to taste, with all that happy music I wanted to hear, and also those games I would like to try. I've heard there was even a game where we have to throw a ball on a mountain of cups for falling it apart. I would like so much to play that game !

Plus, I was happy to help Tressa and her parents for buying everything we needed to fulfill the store for preparing the festival, and I wondered what were those golden pearls they has talked about...

"Hey, Tressa. What are golden pearls ?"

"Golden pearls ? They are like little treasures which are also useful for serving as a garland. The village sometimes used a few ones for celebrating weddings or funerals, and we need them for decorating the merchant place."

"Are they treasures which can shine, like my precious stone ?"

"Of course, but they are only shining during the night. Believe me: they are SO magnificent during the night, just like stars which has fallen from the sky !... But do you know where they really come from ?"

"Nope..."

"From the sea !"

" !!!", I was quite surprised.

"We find them rarely at the bottom of the ocean, but not so far from the north of Rippletide, there is a travelling merchant who is such a professional to collect them before selling them at a good price. And more like a professional at finding them than a professional at selling them ! He he !... We're going to see him in the afternoon."

"Great !", I cheered happily.

Seriously, I never believed the ocean could hide such wonderful treasures !

I was impatient to go looking for these pearls with Tressa, when I had an idea in mind.

So, I told her with a smile.

"By the way, I didn't tell you, but I've already went to see the coasts a few times ago... Would you like me to show you where I liv... what's my favorite place ?"

"Yeah, of course ! I really would like to discover what kind of spot you will show me !", she answered me happily as usual, when we both stared at each other happily.

We first went to the merchant of wine, just at the center of the merchant place.  There were actually many customers who was waiting their turn in line, so we have waited 15 minutes before it was our turn. His stand was filled of so many bottles of wine which have been brewed from many different places according to him, like the Flatlands, the Riverlands, or just in the Coastlands.

He was very friendly towards us, just like every citizens of Rippletide, when he even looked at me curiously, and asked at Tressa.

"Oh... I never knew you had a little brother !"

"Ah !... N-no no ! You're wrong !... It's just... a new friend of mine !...", she blushed slightly, really surprised as she kept a positive attitude.

Me too I was as surprised as she was after that remark. The fact he considered that Tressa was my big sister completely made me flinch.

He then added.

"Ah, sorry.... It's just... I found he was looking like you a little !"

"Ha ha ! It's ok ! It's ok ! Th-thank you !", she payed him, before she took the wine.

When we walked in direction of our next step, I helped her carrying carefully the bottle of wine with both arms, when we stared curiously at each others with an embarrassed look.

That's right Tressa was so energetic, so nice, so sympathetic with me. She was really smiley and cared for me. She was also really cute, and I didn't know why... but me and her really shared a good complicity.

I never expected me and here were like so close at each others... It's just like she was... the perfect big sister...

~Tressa's POV~

When I looked down at Travis, I just noticed I was feeling something new when I was with him.

I might only knew him for only a day, but I guess I already understood what kind of boy he was. Travis was sooooo cute, with his blue sea eyes and his cheerful smile. He was really curious at anything he discovered, and he was even very interested by my merchants skills and everything concerning treasures ! I've never met such a charming boy who wasn't as interested by my haggling skills as anyone else, just like he wanted to become a merchant too, maybe...

That's right he seemed well qualified to become a merchant: just like me, he was smiley, quite mannerly, and he looked to be also early, as I could see his eyes were a little tired. But I especially think he also enjoyed to help people, as he should have a debt of gratitude towards me after I bought him his precious stone.

However, I don't think he wanted to help me only for that: it must be a pleasure for him to be useful with me, and I even think he started already to like me !

He was so loyal with me, and honestly... I was burning with desire to teach him everything about treasures and items, and also to spend some time with that boy. He was like... the perfect little brother...

There was just something I wanted to figure out: where did that boy come from ? Why did he accused the merchant of precious stone to have stolen his little treasure ? Was this stone already possessed by him originally before being stolen ?

For the moment, I didn't want to trouble him with those questions, and we have to focus on our shopping.

After buying the wine, we entered at the grocery store, where I've bought him a dozen of healing grapes and a dozen of inspiriting plums at a good price of around 60 leaves. What a deal ! The seller was even selling them on sales !

He stowed them in a pair of jar which Travis was agree to carry, as he seemed to be familiar with these fruits. Because he was already carrying a bottle of wine, I took a small bag from my bag pack, giving him to make sure he would carry them easily.

After these purchases, we have just finished our shopping, so we went back at home, and gave at my mother everything we have bought, as she even complimented Travis for his help.

It was almost lunchtime, and we were both hungry, when my mother took a few leaves from her pocket and said.

"You've worked very well, you two ! Here, go to buy some apple fritters for you two."

"Apple fritters ?!", exclaimed Travis happily, who suddenly became excited and greedy.

"Thanks mom !", I saluted her.

In order to not worry Travis, I just removed my bagpack and put it behind the stand, before we left the trading shop.

Then, we both went back at the port, and went to the baker's stand, who was selling a bunch of treats bathed in good hot bread, the smell was so nice that we could even felt it at the other side of the ocean. Among all those wonderful treats, it was mostly the apple fritters which were the specialities of the merchant... Hmmmm...

I bought a dozen of them with the money my mom was really nice to give me, and started to share them with Travis while observing the ocean and the boats floating on it.

"Hmmmmmm !!!... DELICIOUS !", he exclaimed happily right after he ate the first fritter.

He was smiling so much that I could deduce it was such a real treat for him.

"Glad you like them ! Me too, I love to eat those delicious fritters during a break, especially during this season where it is quite hot ! I think it's mostly the heart, made of apple, which is the best part !", I explained him while finishing my first fritter.

He immediately took a second one, when he told me.

"I really love apples, you know ! They're totally my favorite dishes, and I would like so much to eat every meals containing apples ! And you, Tressa, what's your favorite dish ? CRUNCH !!!"

"Well... I love ice cream ! Especially with the vanilla flavour... CRUNCH ! There are a lot of combinations of topping we could add on a glass of ice creams, like candies or biscuits !", I started to imagine the picture of ice cream in my head, making me smiling so wide as I imagined the fresh taste.

"CRUNCH ! Me too, I would like to eat an ice cream for the first time !"

"You have never eaten an ice cream yet ?"

"N-no, not yet !", he answered me, quite embarrassed, when he ate his fourth fritter and continued. "Your mom was really nice to offer us those treats, Tressa !"

"Thanks ! She and my father really enjoy to please me despite all the work the three of us have ! Having pleasure is also part of the work, you know ! CRUNCH !"

We both observed the wonderful ocean through our eyes, when he took a small breath, and told me calmly.

"You're really lucky to have such amazing parents like them... It's must be so nice, for you, to be loved by such generous and lovable persons..."

I smiled him back, while ruffling his hair.

We then both went back to the trading shop, and now we have bought everything we needed for the morning, there were still the golden pearls to buy, but the merchant only opened his stand during the end of the afternoon. So, our next work will be different for the moment.

We helped my mother to sell the products for the day, and Travis was quite impatient to discover how it was like to be at the side of merchants. I really loved to see him happy, because I think he reminded me a little of me when I was a child, who looked curiously at his parents selling some kinds of plums or clothes at customers, and by the way, he was very CUUUUUTE !

Because he wasn't very experienced at his age, he was mostly helping us at stowing the merchandise under my mom's indication, as she has already stowed the majority during our shopping.

We then worked for a few hours with my mom at the trading shop, behind the stand, as we waited for our daily customers, as well as some foreign travelers who wanted to discover our merchandise. Some of them were impressed by the beauty of the Dragon's neckface, but it was too expensive and they still preferred to buy what they wanted. As I worked with my mom at the stand, Travis's role was to bring us the products from the shelves which the customers wanted to buy, and I took the opportunity to show him what kind of attitude the merchants must adopt.

First, they never have to force to buy something, according to the customers's needs, because as we say "the customer is king". Then, we have to speak with a friendly and polite manner, on of the most important rule that must respect any merchant. I explained him this is not only to make sure the customers would come back, but also because it was really nice and lovable to befriend with our customers !

By the way, most of our customers were regular ones, so my family of merchants have been friends with them since years. During a purchase, my mom has even discussed with one of them, who was also one of her closest friends, as they talked about our affairs, about the upcoming festival, and also about myself. She even asked what I wanted to do in the future, and that's right... I never tried to think what I wanted to do on my life...

Anyway, we also received some new customers who was visiting our village. One of them wanted to buy something for his wife's birthday, and we make sure he has found happiness by proposing some kinds of ideal gifts.

Travis was having fun, by the way, as he wasn't finding the time long at all, because he was amazed by our work. He was discovering what it was like to be a merchant, and also the hidden part of shops, which meant the place where we stowed tons of the oldest merchandises. That's must be really amazing through the eyes of a 6 years old child !

At the afternoon, we were a little exhausted, but our work wasn't still done yet. We still have to go at the northern coasts of Rippletide in order to find that merchant of golden pearls and to buy a dozen one.

She gave us enough money for buying the sea pearls, when we both headed at the exit of the village.

We were walking for half an hour throughout the beautiful coasts at the north of the village, and that landscape was so wonderful with the sun who was slowly going down at the horizon.

Hiii ! Hiiii !

The seagulls were happily singing in the sky, and the ocean's powerful waves were breaking loose on the rocks. I enjoyed a lot to walk in that place, because I could really see how wide was the ocean from that spot. Maybe the place Travis told me was somewhere !

While I recognized the way, Travis was adorably walking on the rocks by being in balance, when he was about to fall.

"Ooh !... Watch out !", I told him kindly, while successfully catching him back, when I added. "I think we're almost at the spot where the merchant of golden pearls have established."

"Good. I can't wait to see these golden pearls !"

"He he ! I swear you will enjoy their beauty ! So, as I recall... he must be behind these rocks.", I pointed my fingers in a direction.

There were a large row of rocks shaped like teeth, quite elevated enough to not be splashed by the powerful force of waves.

We both made sure to go around the rocks by passing the narrow path close to the water, when we noticed a man sitting against the rocks.

He was quite old, and worn some old clothes quite wetted by the waves, just like his long hair and white beard. He seemed to be really used to live next to the ocean, as he was known for being a professional at fishing underwater golden pearls. However, I noticed he was just alone, and seemed quite depressed... but why ?

We approached him, when I told him quietly.

"H-hello, sir ?..."

"Hello, young girl... You're here for the golden pearls, am I wrong ?", asked me coldly the seller in a deep voice, when we nodded yes, as he sighted annoyingly, and announced. "I feel bad, but I didn't have a single one to sell..."

"WHAAAAAT ?!!"

No more Golden pearls ?! How it could be possible ?! We were even the first to come here !

"Did someone have already bought them all, sir ?", asked Travis, quite worried a well.

"Not at all. I couldn't manage to harvest a single one this year...", he told us in a low tone, making us shocked, when he continued. "Let me explain, kids: I generally fish those golden pearls at the bottom of these waterways, with the help of a net and my old but sharp eyes, when the night fall. However, in a last attempt, and during months, I haven't found a single one anymore... And there is a reason which explains that shortage: have you heard about the reaper crabs ?"

"The reaper crabs ?!", exclaimed Travis.

Because my parents often told me there were dangerous creatures living in Orsterra, I felt quite scared by that odd name, when I spoke.

"Aren't they... one of these dangerous predators living at the bottom of the ocean ?!"

"You're right, little girl. This year, they have migrated at these coasts: they really love collecting these pearls like treasures, which explain why we couldn't find a single one in nature...", explained the merchant, who felt quite ashamed.

That was really unlucky for us... We really needed these treasures of the sea for preparing the annual festival, but this time... It seems we could celebrate without theme... What a bad luck !

Me and Travis felt quite upset to learn that, when the old merchant slowly stood up and told us.

"Come approach."

We followed him from a few meters away, when we passed throughout the rocks, as he stopped next to a hole.

"Look.", he told us coldly.

We both watched through the hole, when we were shocked by what we just discovered.

KRRRRR !!

KLAP ! KLAP !

There were crabs, but not the ones I was used to see at the beach... they were really, but really, giant crabs of around 7 feet tall. Their wetted red shell seemed so tough, and their sharp teeth intimidated me a little by totally reminding me of a shark's jaw. But the more impressing were their claws: very tough and powerful claws just like axes. Seriously, during my entire life, I was really surprised by such a enormous creature !

They were just walking with their several lambs, as me and Travis continued to observe them in shock, when a voice said.

"Oh.. do not worry, kids. We're safe, here.", it was the old man reassuring us, who added. "Where they are is exactly at 10 meters deep from under our feet, so there is nothing to worry about..."

As Travis continued to watch through the hole, I went towards the man, and sighted annoyingly.

"Is there really nothing we can't do ?"

"Unfortunately, no, young girl. I would like to, but I'm not as young and brave as I was before to face the beasts. And even if I was, I swear venturing in that cave could be the last thing we could do before facing death."

"What do you mean, sir ?"

Splash !

"Believe me, marines tell many stories about these kinds of creatures: they can eat turtles, squids, sharks...and also men, if they are very hungry. But they can also try to kill one easily either when he felt menaced... or when we go after their treasures. He he he !", he smirked coldly.

KRRR !!! KRRR !!! KRRR !!!

"Can't we just distract one with food ?"

"People are like food for them, kiddo. These monsters are reputed to be very voracious, and they can even become true cannibals if ever they didn't eat anything for weeks ! Indeed, they might be slow, but they always work in groups. And if ever they surround you... COUIC ! You're dead ! Their powerful clamps can even break an human's skull just like nuts, and if ever you finished to be swallowed by their jaws, you can count only half an hour before his stomach digest him."

SCRAAAAATCH !

"Well... That's really creepy !... I never knew the ocean would hide such dangerous animals !"

KRRR ! KRRR ! KRRR !

"Oh no... They aren't only animals.. They are ferocious and greedy beast. I've heard a story with some pirates who decided to steal the ripper crabs's treasures. And CRACK ! People have only found the broken bones of all the crowd ! We have to be careful with those crabs, and to have some powerful fighting skills in order to repel them at our best."

SCRAAAAATCH !

"Yep... That might be a good idea... We could still ask for proud warriors to hunt those crabs... but the problem is that the closest place we could find some is too far away from her, as it would take several days for them to come here. However, the festival is tomorrow, but we really needed these golden pearls."

"And also those knights Ardante who are always occupied at more important quests.... Pfff... And even if we waited those damn shellfishes to rest, there would be still the female ones who would always keep these treasures from any visitors. To be honest, I couldn't be able to fish those golden pearls anymore..."

SCRAATCH !!

I felt bad for the merchant.

"I... I'm sorry, sir."

"Bur the worst part, is that because I haven't harvested any golden pearls that year... No one has bought a single one, logically. I don't have many money at all to earn a living, now... There is not hope at all, for my life, and for your festival, sadly... It's me who should apologize, not you."

I sighted annoyingly.

"I don't really know what to say... I guess we're going to celebrate the festival this year... Right, Travis ?... TRAVIS ?!"

Travis was suddenly gone ! But where did he go ?!

As we were both confused, we heard some loud noises from the underground cavern.

KRRR !!! KRRR !!! KRRR !!! KRRR !!!

"aaaaAAAAAAHHHHHH !"

Wait... Wouldn't that be Travis's voice ?!

We quickly went towards the hole, when at our big surprise: Travis was just down there in that cavern !

Travis was just running through the cavern with a bag behind his back containing something !

The old merchant exclaimed surprisingly.

"BUT WHAT IN THE TWELVE GODS IS HE DOING DOWN HERE ?!!!"

"TRAVIS ! HOW DID YOU..."

I was really surprised, but also very impressed as well to see him running fearless through the cavern without we have even noticed, when Travis yelled.

"THEY'RE COMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN' ! ..."

KRRR ! KRRR ! KRRR !

A group of reaper's crabs were chasing him, while an enormous one was right behind him, when the old merchant quickly took a rope that we thrown through the hole, when I exclaimed.

"Quick ! Grab that !"

He then quickly jumped for grabbing the rope, avoiding the large clamp of the giant crab which instead cut the bottom part of the rope, like how we would cut a lock of hair with a pair of scissors !

CLAP !

He then quickly went up and reached the hole, when I asked him calmly and worryingly.

"Are... are you ok, Travis ?!"

"Hey, little guy ! What have you gone down in that cave infested of these reaper crabs ?!", yelled the merchant worryingly at Travis.

"Uhhh... Someone really had to collect the golden pearls, right ?", he answered calmly.

We both noticed the bag I gave him he was carrying behind his back, totally filled.

"By Aelfric's flame !...", exclaimed the merchant.

Golden pearls ! There was more than 10 golden pearls contained inside his bag !

That was incredible ! How did he manage to get them all despite the danger down there ?! Did he really dare charging away in that hole without carrying of the danger ?!

"...wow !", I was totally exhausted.

Me who thought it was impossible, I was expecting anything but this ! He didn't even have a single bruise !

Travis just put the bag on the ground, when the merchant specialist examined.

"It's unbelievable... You just collected 12 orbs in only one minute.... While it would take me an entire month to find 2... And they are even in good shape... Kiddo... how did you..."

"Well... I just looked for something round, shiny, and where there were crabs ! He he !", he giggled calmly.

"Well done, Travis !", I gave him a big cuddle in thanks, nuzzling his cheek as he smiled.

We were finally glad to have found these golden pearls ! It wasn't difficult at all, finally !

The old merchant, him, just observed the beauty of these melon sized pearls. They were a little transparent, with a yellow color, as they weren't shining because it wasn't still the night.

He was profoundly moved, as he was about to cry of happiness.

"That's a miracle... After 30 years of career... I just saw someone robbing those damn crabs's treasures ! But who might you be, young ones ?..."

"Well... We are merchants, sir !", answered Travis proudly.

I smiled alongside with him to confirm my statue of merchant, being surprised by his words: did he just autoproclaimed himself as a merchant ?

Honestly, I felt quite proud to hear that. It really seems that he wanted to become a proudful merchant, just like he was already passionated by their actions and the huge amount of treasures they could find. If ever he really attended to become a future merchant, I would feel really proud, and happy as well to work alongside with him !

I decided to speak.

"He's right. I think that's quite important to help each other, between merchants ! Huhu !"

I felt happy we could have helped that old man, who started to let a few tears escaping his eyes, when he responded.

"You're right, young people... I should have figured out that habitude sooner, and asked someone else to help me, instead of doing my own business alone... So ! Let me clean these pearls !"

CLAP !

He clapped his hands, before starting to work.

He was carefully cleaning the balls with the help of a special tissue and also a special product without any impurities, the perfect liquid for giving a better aspect to the pearls. While observing him cleaning these round jewels with an extreme careful work for a few minutes, we could see how experienced this artisan was despite his sober appearance.

He then finished.

"Woaah !"

The golden pearls were much prettier than before, thanks to the work of the merchant. And it wasn't still the night to see their ultimate beauty, so we could barely imagine how wonderful they would look like !

He spoke to us.

"And here's your golden pearls... It's been almost a year that job missed me... How could I thank you ?... What if... I sell you these golden pearls for free ?"

"What ? Really ?", said Travis, a little surprised.

"Well, I think you both deserve them a lot: it's you, young lad, who have collected these precious treasures of the sea by risking your own life, while I did nothing to provide any help. You can take them all, for celebrating the feast of your town.", he explained calmly, with a small smile on his lips, while giving us the bag.

It was really nice from this old man to give us these golden pearls, but I instead took a few leaves from my pocket, when the old man asked.

"But... why, young girl ?"

"You know, sir, I couldn't accept that offer... You took a month for having these golden pearls, and if you sell them for free... all your efforts would be useless. Anyway, we planned since the beginning to BUY them. Right, Travis ?"

"Of course ! And by the way sir, I don't think you haven't do anything to get these pearls !", said Travis with a smile.

"Huh ?"

"If you weren't there to tell us where were the golden pearls, which meant below that hole, I couldn't be able to find anything !"

The old man was a little surprised by that good remark. I think Travis was also good with old people like him !

He then sighted calmly, when he announced the price.

"Well... That'll be 2000 leaves."

"That's a deal !", I said happily, while paying with the money my mom gave me.

There were thanksfully enough place inside my bag to stow the pearls, and we were ready to go back to the village.

"One step closer to the festival !", I cheered happily.

The old man stood up with his stuff, and was about to leave at the opposite direction, when he spoke.

"I think I've finally understood what it was like to be a merchant. I've still enough money to move to the Highlands, I'll start a new market and also help my brothers merchants ! Thank you for giving me my bearings back !"

"You're welcome ! Bye !", I waved at him, before he disappeared.

We finally have everything we needed, and it was time to go back home. But first, I would like to visit the place Travis have promited to show me.

~Travis's POV~

It was really an awesome day ! I was really glad to have landed next to that seaside town.

The sun was going down at the horizon, as we could only see just a bright light under that pink sky which will turn in dark blue soon, and the seagulls were still flying gracefully above our heads.

Hiii ! Hiii !

Tressa was really impatient to see the place I wanted to show her, as we both have enough time before going back at Tressa's home. She was pretty curious to see where I lived without she even knew.

It was such a child's play for me to get those golden pearls: when Tressa was talking with the old merchant, I just entered through that hole and took every pearls I could find by avoiding the crabs. I was really surprised by their sizes, they were twice bigger that the one who has waken and electrocuted me up at the morning. Because no one was seeing me, I could have fully used my superpowers against them for making my way to the balls and the exit.

We passed through the way leading to my "basement", and arrived on the warm sand of where I've slept, when Tressa was completely amazed.

"Ohhhh..."

The view on the sea was absolutely beautiful as always, with all those waves being bater by the last rays of the sun.

It was such an heavenly place, like the first ideal place to go during the vacations, and there were not any signs of dangerous monsters coming to disturb the pure and magical ambiance of the ocean...

Tressa might have born next to the see and being used to live here, I could see how delighted she was to see such a spectacle. But I think what she was observing was still more amazing to see.

She exclaimed happily.

"Well, you have enough place to build a sand castle !"

"I wanted to swim too, but I think the water is too dangerous with all that beasts... Like these damn crabs.", I answered honestly.

"Yeah... You're right. That's too bad we couldn't swim at least 10 meters before being troubled by monsters, especially because we couldn't barely see what is hiding in the waters.", she felt a calm wind caressing her hair, taking a good breath, before speaking. "However, this is what I like about the ocean: we don't have any ideas how much water is filing that vast area of waters, a bit like how many treasures the entire world is hiding, just like a big mystery which needs to be discovered... Although, people always keep searching for anything which hasn't been discovered before, without caring how many obstacles are on their way. And there are still so much treasures to discover... so much treasures I want to discover."

She giggled a little, still amazed by the beauty of the view, when I added.

"I could watch this ocean for a few hours still... Me, when I watch it, I would always wonder what we could find at the horizon... A forest ? A mountain ? A city in the middle of the ocean, maybe ?"

We just paused for a while, when I watched at Tressa peacefully smiling, her emerald eyes staring at the sunset, as I noticed she has something important to say.

"Honestly... when I say I would like to discover the treasures of Orsterra by myself... I wanted to say... that I would like to leave Rippletide for a good while, and to visit the world."

"Really ?"

"Yes... I love my family and my village more than anything... But I dream so much to travel through the lands, for finding awesome treasures, making friends, and also for sell my own merchandises at foreign places..."

"Oh. You want to be a travelling merchant too ?", I asked, feeling happy to learn her dream.

"Huh huh ! This is the dream I had since I was a child... The only problem, is my family. Among all inhabitants of Rippletide, the only ones who could lead our little shop... are just me, Ma and Pa... If I don't take over, who will ?", she explained me calmly, suite dreamy.

"Tressa..."

That's right that must be complicated for her if she still has to work with her family, especially if her parents need her. I always thought it people's work would be always a problem if they wanted to travel. Though, I've heard there were some jobs where it was necessary to travel a lot, and maybe the one Tressa wanted to do existed.

She looked so pensive while observing at the ocean.

"The ocean is so vast... Even if I I already want to travel and to look for treasures, I always wonder... What do I really want to do ? What do I really want in life ? And then, I wonder... what lies beyond the horizon ?"

I was completely meditating on her words. Coincidentally, me too I wanted to travel, me too I wanted to discover tons of discoveries... But that doesn't exactly means what I wanted to do in my life...

Since I was born, I've always asked myself what was my goal, furthermore than discovering the world, because I guess there must be a reason of why I wanted to make that dream real. Seriously, what pushed me to dream about visiting the world ? Was there especially something that I wanted to find ?

I think very much that me and Tressa were much closer that we expected. Me and that girl have barely the same goal in common, and we were both very fond of discoveries and surprises. During my entire life, I never ever expected to meet someone with clearly the same objective than me, with some differences.

However, I think Tressa should have more problems than me for making her dream real. I also wanted her to fulfill her goal, because I really believe in her. Yeah, I noticed many times a great talent in her, a talent that nobody as, and that she would be able to use it perfectly.

What could I tell her to encourage her ?

"You know, Tressa... I think me too, I'm just like you. It's been a good while that I don't have any idea of what I could do in the future. I... I always thought I would be a burden for others
if I tried to help anyone, without willing to disturb them, whatever I did... But someone, someone I liked a lot... told me that helping others people wasn't a default at all. I mean, when you wanted to pay that merchant from sooner, it was just your choice... I don't see anywhere why your own choices would always be bad for others. I'm pretty sure you will accomplish your dream a day, and if I have to, I will help you to realize with all I got.", I smiled at her.

I just remembered Therion's words from Bolderfall, just after we have infiltrated the manor, in order to reassure her.

She smiled me back and ruffled my hair, as I enjoyed the touch.

"Thanks a lot, little guy. I promise you that I will do my best to find out what I want to do."

"Talking about promise... Me too I would like to do one."

"Huh ? Which one ?"

She stared at me curiously and cheerfully, when I spoke.

"You know that I like your merchants skills, right ? Well, I would like to learn how to purchase the most precious treasures of the world too, by making deals... For that, I promise you, that a day, that I'll buy the dragon scarf from your parents's shop !"

She seemed surprised, as she felt really proud.

"Oh !... Are you really interested by that scarf ?!"

"Yeah ! I swear you, that I will collect more coins again and again, and when I'll have enough money, I promise you that I'll be the first one to buy that scarf by myself ! Like that, I will prove you that I'm also very good to buy the most wonderful treasures, just like you !... And also, I like this scarf !", I explained positively.

Tressa giggled happily.

"He he he ! I totally imagine you wearing it, you know ! My father who has brought it even guessed that it would maybe give at its worner some magic powers ! But because no one have still carried it, we are quite unsure if it is real or not..."

"He he ! Maybe it would give me the power to breathe fire, like dragons ! Or even the power to fly !", I moved my arms by trying to imitate a flying dragon.

"Just like a bird ?!", Tressa then lifted me up happily by under my arms, and twirled me around her. "You would like to fly through the continent, the sea and the mountains ?! To find all the treasures from the clouds ?!"

"Woooooah ! Haaaaaaaah ! Ha ha !", I giggled happily, feeling quite dizzy while pretending to fly.

"Maybe you could even reach the moon and finding its treasures !", she exclaimed happily.

She then slowly stopped to twirl me, and brought me closer to her, carrying me in her arms. I wrapped my legs around her hip and put my hands on her shoulders, while she was supporting my back with her arms, when we stared at each others happily.

We took a good breath, feeling quite tired after a day of work, which was much more fun that the one I did with the pumpkin lady, when Tressa said.

"So... let's keep our promises, okay ?"

"I promise ! That's a deal !", I answered with a cheerful smile.

I didn't regret to have passed in that village, and I would like a lot to be with Tressa. I was really determined to do such an amazing promise alongside with her. I was really feeling proud to have many similitaries with her, as I helped her to regain her self-confidense, like she helped me to regain my own. She even decided by herself that each of us would achieve our goal, just like we both had a good deal. I guess she really deserves to be the queen of bargaining !

However, there was still something that I was hiding from her, about what happened to my parents. I don't want to make her upset by telling her the truth, but I shouldn't play the comedy for a longer time.

As I slowly stopped to smile, feeling quite annoyed, she told me kindly.

"What's wrong ?"

"Tressa. I... I would like to tell you something that I should have told you before."

"What are you talk..."

PHEWWWWW !

We were interrupted by a large puff of wind which made Tressa dropping her hat, when it suddenly fly away through the ocean, at Tressa's shock.

"OH NO ! MY HAT !"

"Don't worry ! I'll retrieve it !"

I quickly wriggled out from Tressa's arms, running in direction of the hat.

"TRAVIS WAIT !"

I didn't turn back, as I continued to run towards the flying hat which menaced to fall in the deep ocean. I have to be quick, but I totally forgot that there was water where I was running, which is totally stupid for me.

Oh damn it ! Why am I running right there ?! I will plunge if I do !

GZZZ ! GZZZ !

I then felt myself faster and faster as I started to liberate some sparks around my body. Strangely, I would like to stop, but I suddenly lost any way to give up, being too focused on Tressa's hat.

Flosh flosh flosh flosh flosh flosh flosh flosh flosh !!!

What's the...

I didn't even stop to run. Instead, I was... running on the ocean ?!

Am I dreaming ?!

I was so surprised that I almost lost my balance, when I continued to run at the hat, while I was splashing sea water at each sides wherever my feet were stomping on the surface at quick speed.

What is going on ?! Have I the power to walk on water, now ?!!!

GZZZ SCRATCH !!!.... SCRAAAATCH !

That was completely insane ! There was even a blue trail of lighting at the nivel of my shoes which was unleashed on the surface of water ! And why I was still running on the water ?! I thought that was impossible !

Though, I was mostly preoccupied by Tressa's hat, winged of a yellow feather, which was carried away by the wind, and slowly about to plunge in the water.

Hiiiiii !

Suddenly, a seagull caught the hat with its beak, and flew at the left.

"Hey ! Give it back !", I yelled, while driting left.

SPLAAAAAASH !!!

A wave of water was formed right where I drifted. Seriously, it looked like a boat used to make water-ski !

I then quickly watched at Tressa which was at the coast, witnessing me using my powers as she was really surprised, but also worried for me.

"TRAVIS !"

I continued to run through the surface of water, bypassing a large rock next to the coasts, continuing to chase the thief seagull.

Hiii ! Hiii ! Hiii !

More seagulls appeared from the coasts, as I yelled to the one who was slowly elevating in the airs.

"GIVE IT BACK TO MEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!"

SCRAAATCH !

I quickly jumped from the surface, so high that I could barely catch the bird's limbs, but the thunder helped me to go quite higher and...

"GOTCHA !"

HIIIIII !

I pulled out Tressa's hat from the bird's limbs, who screamed in fear, and successfully caught the hat.

SPLAAASH !

I fell in the water, but manage not wet the hat, holding it out of the water, in order to not damage it, as I tried to swim at the surface of water.

Hiii ! Hiii ! Hiii ! Hiii ! Hiii !

The rest of the seagulls suddenly flew towards me, and tried to take it back the hat from me at their turn.

"Hey !... Leave me alone !"

I tried to fight back, but it wasn't easy when I was in the water, and making sure to not drown the hat, why gesticulating and trying to scare them off. However, these birds were pretty obsessed by the hat, as they were just like their comrade.

They were annoying me with their cry, I was even about to drown if they didn't stop to harass me just like they were eating bread.

Talking about bread, I saw suddenly some pieces of bread being thrown in the water, which distracted some hungry seagulls.

HIII ! HIII ! HIII !

"It's dinner time, guys !"

It was Tressa, who was throwing the food at the birds from the bank !

As she continued to feed them, the birds slowly stopped to harass me, permitting me to swim at the bank with the hat thanks to her help.

"Catch my hand !", told me Tressa while extending her hand.

I grabbed it quickly, as she helped me to get out of the water, when she suddenly cuddled me.

"Thanks god, you're alright..."

As I was quite caught of guard, I finally hugged her back, wetting her clothes a little with my wetted ones.

She calmly broke the hug, and stared at me, when I told her.

"I... I just wanted to retrieve your hat, Tressa..."

"Thank you."

She took her hat back and put it on her head, hiding her short light brown hair.

I could see through her eyes that she looked so happy to get her hat back, she must be very attached to it, and, personnally, I think it fitted her so well, as she looked really adorable !

She then stared at me.

"How did you do that ?"

"Do what ?"

"But, you know well... The cool thing with the thunder and all... Wouish ! Gzzz !", she tried to mimic my thunders.

That's right: she just witnessed me using my superpowers, despite I didn't have the intention to use them in front of her before !

However, she didn't seem to be scared by them, when I asked her.

"So... You aren't worried by them ?"

"Of course not ! In reality, I really found that awesome that you can control magic like all those thousands professors of Atlasdam my parents sometimes told me about ! It was really awesome when you run on the water and jumped like a giant grasshopper like that WOOOSH !!!", she mimicked once again my stunt from earlier, as she was really excited like a child, when she continued. "It's really cool that you can control magic at your age ! Me too, I would like to have one, you know !"

I didn't expect she would react like that: unlike the others who were first a little worried when witnessing my superpowers, she was really fascinated by them, furthermore that she even wanted to control magic too !

"Errr... Thank you.", I answered her, embarassed but also quite grateful towards her.

She then stood up by bouncing her bag and said.

"Well, I think it's starting to be late. Ma would start to worry if we didn't come back. Let's go Trav... Wait a minute..."

She went at the right and noticed something, before bending down and picking up something.

"What's that, Tress ?"

She smiled at me while showing it to me.

"It's a 500 leaves coin !"

"Oh... Nice !"

"He he he ! Let me tell you somethin': I've like a kind of gift where I have eye for money. Sometimes, some unfortunate travelling people would lost some coins, and I'm such a pro to earn them, with my big accuracy !"

"That must be awesome !", I cheered happily, when I said. "Oh ! Wait..."

I want at the right of the road, and picked up something, when I showed it at Tressa with a smile.

"Me too, I found a 200 leaves coin ! I'm such a pro to collect coins from the ground, with my cat eyes !"

I just remembered the times where I have to look for lost money on the ground in my old life, and to collect them for saving them.

Being aware of that common point, we stared at each other with a smile and

"HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !"

We both laughed in harmony, as we were going back at Rippletide together.

I was really happy of that day, because furthermore that I learnt a lot of things about treasures, merchants, and coins, I also really befriended with Tress, whom I didn't really want to quit. Instead, I wanted to stay with her, to spend some time with her, and also... to be at her sides when she will need help.

Yeah, I already got attached to her, and I was really proud to have retrieved her hat, in thanks for having helping me to get back my precious stone which was my treasure. Yep, I'm pretty sure that hat with the yellow feather was also her treasure.

The sun was slowly disappearing from the horizon, and I started to be really tired after the entire day...

Gargle !

And hungry, by the way !

~

 A/N: Yeah, I admit it. For those who played the game, that chapter must be like a filler, but I hope some of you the adorable bond of the duo of Tressa and Travis ! Seriously, me too I could observe how much they start to be so close like siblings !

I also make sure to stay faithful to the merchant's strategy from the game, but it isn't quite easy, because I'm not really a merchant myself so I didn't really know the real laws they must asopt in real life XD But lets just pretend the economic system of Orsterra is different, okay ? It's just a game, after all !

In the next chapter, we will go back at the main story of the original game ! So, stay patient !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

661 59 23
In the year 2043, There will be a 12 year-old boy named Noah and has a prophecy found in a virtual reality world as the new risen hero. Battles among...
359 16 11
Octavia Blake has been through hell. From the day she was born on the ark, she never felt she belonged. She grew up under the floor so she never felt...
2.1K 149 18
Hello Everyone so many of you have be asking me to continue my Fate/OUAT crossover story as I had stop writing after my old Instagram Account was hac...
74 17 9
This triumphant tale has been adapted from an RPG Adventure run on discord! Isaac, a traveler from afar awakes in a strange new world with no memori...