Opposites Attract

By CourtneyCupit

Cassandra is a very likable girl. A little wierd, very forgetful and has a tendency to get lost but over all... More

Opposites Attract
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilogue
Authors Note!
Edited Version of this Book!!!
New update 2021

Chapter 10

38.7K 991 154
By CourtneyCupit

                                                               "Ethan"

I woke up for school on Monday unusually happy. In fact I had been unusually happy all weekend. I jumped out of the bed and began getting dressed for the day. I put on some short cargo shorts and a short sleeve ‘Bird is the Word’ t-shirt. I threw on my lime green converse with it and I was ready to go to the bathroom.

            I brushed my teeth first. Then I went to work on my hair. I hated brushing my hair. It was always really tangled in the morning and it hurt really bad to brush it out. I finally managed to get it done and I threw it into a bun at the top of my head. I thought it looked pretty good so I walked back into the hallway.

            “You ready,” mom asked me.

            “Yes I am,” I said with a smile.

            “What’s up with you,” she asked.

            “Nothing. Why?”

            “You just seem weird. Sophie is here to pick you up,” she said after a minute.

            “Cool,” I said with a nod as I grabbed my bag and walked out the door.

            “Hey,” I said as I jumped into Sophie’s car.

            “Hey,” she said with a small smile as she pulled away.

            “I’m sorry we left the other night,” I said.

            “It’s ok. I expected it,” she said still smiling.

            “It was just a little too weird for us.”

            “I understand,” she said with a laugh. “I’m glad you enjoyed the rest of your night though.”

            “How do you know that,” I asked.

            “I can see it in your aura. You’re extremely happy,” she said as she looked over at me.

            “Huh,” was all I said as I looked out the window.

            “So what made you so happy,” she asked.

            “I don’t really know,” I said with a shrug.

            “Sure you don’t,” she said sarcastically.

            “I don’t,” I said fiercely.

            “It has nothing to do with a certain black haired boy,” she asked.

            “No,” I said quietly.

            “If you can tell anyone then you can tell me,” she said gently as she looked over at me again.

            “I know but there’s really nothing to tell,” I said as we pulled into the school parking lot.

            “Ok,” she said with a sigh as we parked and got out. I was a little less happy than before.

            “Hey,” Chris said as he walked over to us.

            “What’s up,” I asked as I searched his face.

            “Nothing much,” he said avoiding my eyes.

            “What happened,” I asked.

            “Nothing,” he said.

            “Bullshit,” I said back angrily.

            “Ethan is just talking like usual.”

            “About you,” I asked.

            “No,” he said.

            “Then who?”

            “You.”

            “Me,” I asked confused.

            “He has some weird vendetta against you,” he said with a shrug.

            “What did he say?”

            “Just that you were gonna pay for the disrespect and for getting Nathan on him,” he said back.

            “That’s his own fault,” I said.

            “I’m scared he’s gonna hurt you,” Chris said sadly.

            “Who’s gonna hurt her,” I heard. I turned and saw that it was Nathan that had said it. Him and K.J. had come up behind us.

            “Nobody is,” I said quickly.

            “Really,” he asked looking back at me.

            “No. I’m talking about Ethan,” Chris told him.

            “What did Ethan say he was gonna do,” Nathan asked with hard eyes.

            “Nothing. Just that he was gonna get her,” Chris said back.

            “He can try,” Nathan said as he walked away.

            “Well he seemed a little mad about the news,” K.J. said.

            “He doesn’t like Ethan,” I said with a shrug.

            “Sure. This is about Ethan,” Chris said rolling his eyes.

            “It is,” I said in a huff.

            “You just keep lying to yourself,” K.J. said grinning.

            “Maybe it’s you that’s lying to yourself,” I said with a smile.

            “Uh huh,” was all he said as we started to make our way into the school. It was eerily quiet. Then I noticed Ethan and Nathan standing in the middle of the hall glaring at each other.

            “Hey,” I said as I walked up to them forcing a smile on my face.

            “You need to train your dog better,” Ethan said with a smirk towards me.

            “Excuse me,” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

            “Every time he hears a rumor he threatens to whoop my ass,” Ethan said looking back over at Nathan.

            “I know damn well it isn’t a rumor,” Nathan growled.

            “You don’t know that. Why would I try to hurt the girl I want to go out with,” Ethan asked smugly.

            “I already told you no,” I said with a roll of my eyes.

            “So,” he asked cockily. Nathan’s whole face went hard and he balled his fists up.

            “We need to get to class,” I said right as the bell rang.

            “This time,” Ethan said as he turned and walked away.

            “I really hate that guy,” Nathan spat.

            “Me too but you have to let me fight my own battles,” I said with a sigh.

            “How are you supposed to fight him off,” he asked sarcastically.

            “The same way I have for years,” I said.

            “What do you mean,” he asked.

            “He’s been doing this for years. It’s a routine. He stopped hitting me years ago,” I said back honestly as I looked into his eyes. I instantly regretted my words because of the look on his face.

            “Hitting you,” he asked as he went red in the face.

            “It happened a few times. It’s over. Just leave it,” I said with a sigh.

            “How can I leave it when I know he hit you,” he asked as he stepped closer.

            “It happened a long time ago. You have to just forget about it,” I told him.

            “Fine but I better not ever catch his hands on you again,” he said with a sigh as he ran his hand through his already messy hair.

            “You don’t have to be this protective over me. I’ve been protecting myself for a long time,” I said as I put my hand on his arm.

            “You shouldn’t have to,” he said as he reached up and tucked my hair behind my ear. It really surprised me.

            “I’m pretty strong,” I said with a small smile.

            “I know that but so am I,” he said grinning.

            “In a different way,” I agreed.

            “Exactly. So why shouldn’t I use it,” he asked.

            “I didn’t want to become your friend so that you can be my body guard,” I said with another sigh.

            “I don’t mean to be a body guard. I’ve just never cared for someone before. I just might be taking it a little overboard,” he said rubbing the back of his neck.

            “It’s really sweet but I’m not a defenseless little girl. I can probably punch almost as hard as you,” I said with a smirk.

            “Oh really,” he said with a raised eyebrow.

            “I said maybe,” I said laughing.

            “We’ll put it to the test one day,” he said with a smile. I still couldn’t seem to get over how much more handsome he was when he smiled.

            “Definitely,” I said as I stepped back.

            “Class is almost over,” he said after he checked his watch.

            “I just accidentally skipped class,” I said with a laugh as I went towards my next class.

            “Shit happens,” he said with a shrug as he walked with me.

            “Of course you would think that. You skip class all the time.”   

            “And the world hasn’t ended yet,” he said with a smirk.

            “Smartass,” I said as I started laughing again.

            “You already knew that,” he said with a shrug as the bell rang. He quickly walked away and I finished my walk to my classroom. When I walked in K.J. was already there. How he got there that fast I will never know.

            “Hey,” I said as I sat down.

            “Hi,” he said as he looked up at me.

            “How do you always get here so fast,” I asked.    

            “I teleport,” he said with a serious look on his face.

            “That’s a cool power,” I said back just serious as he was.

            “It can be,” he said with a shrug.

            “So how was first hour,” I asked after a minute.

            “Good but where were you,” he asked me.

            “In the hallway,” I said vaguely.

            “Doing what,” he pressed.

            “Talking to your brother.”

            “You spent a whole hour standing there talking to my brother,” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

            “Yeah,” I said with a sigh.

            “You two are being crazy,” he said.

            “How so,” I asked.

            “You won’t open your eyes to see what’s happening.”

            “I still don’t know what you’re talking about.”

            “Exactly,” he said cryptically.

            “You can be so weird,” I said with a light laugh.

            “I can be,” he said with a nod. “You calmed Nathan down though?”

            “Yeah. It took a little bit but I managed,” I told him.

            “Why,” he asked.

            “Because I accidentally let it slip that Ethan used to hit me.”

            “He hit you,” he asked with wide eyes.

            “It was a long time ago and he hit a lot of people.”

            “How bad was it?”

            “It varied each time.” I said with a careless shrug.

            “So what did Nathan do when you let it slip,” he asked.

            “He was about to lose it before I calmed him down,” I said as I ran my hand over my hair.

            “I would have hated to bail him out of jail this early in the morning,” he said laughing.

            “You aren’t funny,” I said but I had to laugh a little.

            “You know I am,” he said with a charming smile.

            “Whatever you say,” I said as I rolled my eyes.

            “You know you love me,” he said as he nudged me.

            “Unfortunately,” I said with a fake exasperated sigh.

            “You can be mean,” he said pouting.

            “Yet you love me anyway,” I said with a bright smile.

            “That’s what I let you think,” he said as he looked away.

            “Suuure,” I drew out right as the bell rang. This day was going by fast.

            Once again it was sixth hour and I was alone. I didn’t have a class and I was just wandering the halls. As I looked down at the floor I rammed into something. Or someone. I looked up into Nathan’s smirking face.

            “Why does this happen all the time,” he asked me as he crossed his arms.

            “I have no idea,” I said as I stood back up.

            “You have to start watching where you’re going,” he said with a slight chuckle.

            “Maybe this is your fault and not mine,” I said in a huff.

            “Sure it is. I thought I was just walking down the hall when you rammed into me.”

            “Whatever,” I said with an eye roll.

            “So are you skipping,” he asked.

            “No. I have this hour off,” I said as I fixed my bag on my shoulder.

            “Ahh,” he said as we started walking again. “So what were you gonna do?”

            “Just walk around. I actually have to go to my locker right now,” I said as I headed in that direction.

            “Cool,” he said nodding.

            “So are you skipping,” I asked him.

            “No. I have this hour free too,” he said as he glanced down at me.

            “Oh,” I said as I made it to my locker and started working with the combination. When I opened the locker something flew out and I was instantly drenched in some kind of green goo.

            “What the hell is that,” Nathan said as he jumped back.

            “I have no idea but it smells bad and feels like slime,” I said as I stepped back and wiped it off of my face.

            “It came out of that bucket when you opened the locker,” Nathan told me as he stepped up and touched the bucket.

            “It was Ethan,” I said with a sigh.

            “How do you know,” he asked.

            “Who else said they were gonna get me but are too scared to actually lay their hands on me,” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

            “Very true. Do you want to go home,” he asked as he shut my locker and grabbed my bag.

            “Yeah but my mom is home. I really don’t want to have to explain this to her,” I said with a sigh as I blew my now green coated hair out of my face. That stuff had drenched me from head to toe.

            “I guess you can come to my house. My parents aren’t home,” he said as he looked me over.

            “Sure,” I said as we walked towards the doorway. I was pissed to hear my shoes squeaking.

            “I wonder what the hell this is,” he said as he wrinkled his nose.

            “I don’t care what it is but Ethan better be prepared. I’m about to make his life a living hell. I loved these shoes,” I said with a scowl.

            “If you retaliate then you’re just gonna make it worse,” he said as we approached his truck.

            “What do you suggest then,” I asked as I laid out my jacket on the seat to sit on.

            “Let me handle it,” he said after we were in the truck.

            “No.”

            “Why not,” he asked.

            “All you’re gonna do is hit him,” I said with a sigh.

            “It’ll work,” he said with a shrug.

            “No. I’m gonna handle this,” I said as I started thinking about a plan.

            “I don’t want you to handle this by yourself,” he said frustrated.

            “Well you can help. You just can’t hit,” I said as I smiled over at him.

            “How can you be happy covered in green goop,” he asked as he pulled into his driveway.

            “I’m just a happy person,” I said with a shrug as I got out. Then I thought about it. I would be in Nathan’s house. Alone.

            Oh boy!

******Read******

I hope this one was good! Enjoy it! I know i havent been updating as much usual. I just have alot on my plate. Weekends i'm going to try to get as much done as possible.

Vote, Comment, and Fan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 368 36
"What's your problem?" He asks darkly. "What's your problem?" I spit back. "Why do you keep following me?" He hisses. "I don't follow you!" I shout...
358K 16.6K 33
[ Highest Rank: #64 in Teen Fiction ] [ Highest Rank: #191 in Random ] (i'm currently re-editing this, so i'm sorry if it's messy) When Danielle's mo...
557K 16.2K 41
(I do plan on going through the book and doing a full/story line edit so it can flow better, but not anytime soon. So read at your own risk.) I used...
930K 26.3K 57
Highest ranking #4 in Action {Completed} Highly unedited, once I am done I will edit :) Her name is Samantha or Sam for short. She is just a normal g...