PLAYED // JENLISA

By jxx_xoxo

"I like you more as time goes by." What will you do once you realized you got played? Especially by the perso... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLVI
XLVII
PLAYED BOOK 2, PERHAPS? 🤔
BOOK 2 IT IS 🤭
BOOK 2 IS UP!!

XXI

15K 410 466
By jxx_xoxo

JENNIE'S P.O.V.

We are now currently sitting on our usual spot during break time, the girls have been talking about the recent dance competition but I just stayed silent. I don't feel like associating with people today, even with Lisa. I feel like there is something wrong with me, I feel sad... I saw Lisa looking at me using my peripheral vision, I felt her hand on my thigh. I tensed as I feel the electricity running through my veins but I kept my cool as she started to caress it gently and I just heaved a sigh.

"Jen, you okay?" I heard Chahee speak up to me, everyone suddenly stopped talking and eyed me. I just smiled at her and nodded my head.

"Are you sure?" She pushed, her eyes full of curiosity.

"I'm sure." I replied and unintentionally sighed.

"You are really quiet today, Unnie. Come on, tell us what is bothering you." Chaeyoung looked at me with a worried eyes, Lisa moved her hand and intertwined it with mine but I didn't bother to lock mine with hers.

"I'm... I'm just not feeling well today." I lied and snatched my hand away from Lisa as I continue eating. Lisa was a bit taken back at my reaction, she just looked at me, trying to examine what is going on with me.

"Do you want me to get you anything? Do you want to go home? I'll just talk to our teachers that you're not feeling we---" Lisa finally spoke up, pretending like she care. Ugh I hate this.

"I'm fine, Manoban. You don't have to do anything for me." I replied bluntly and shoved a food to my mouth.

"Love, are you sure? You don't look fi---"

"I said I'm fine. Geez. I can handle it, just stop asking." My voice rise up unintentionally that caused the girls to look at me with confusion. Lisa blinked her eyes multiple times and just looked at me, taken back at my sudden attitude.

"Are you perhaps, having the time of the month?" Lisa tilted her eyebrow at me as if she just guessed it right.

"No." I replied in a monotone.

Everyone stayed silent and they just dropped off the topic which I'm thankful for but except for one person. I don't like this feeling, it's not me but what can I do to stop this? Because to be honest, being beside Lisa just make it all worse. Like I just wanna disappear from her sight for a moment, I don't like it when she looks at me because the more she does, the more I melt. I don't like her touching me, I wanna get rid of the feeling she is giving me but I can't do nothing but to love it because it honestly feels good. It feels right and what I hate about it is that I know I already feel something towards her and it's sad that it's just me who feels that way and I don't want this feeling to grow more because I know I will be heart broken in the end.

I was supposed to be the player here, aren't I? But it fucking feels like I was the one who is being played.

"Baby, please talk." Lisa pleaded silently as she wrapped her arms around my shoulder.

"What am I gonna talk about?" I don't wanna look at her, I don't wanna get lost in her eyes.

"About why are you acting like this today... does something happened to you before you arrive here?" She asked, her voice full of worry that it almost made me believe that it is real.

Yes, Lisa something happened. You happened, this fucking dare happened.

"Nothing happened." I replied boldly, she was about to say something when the school bell rang.

I quickly got up from my seat and walked away from them, not even bothering to look back or wave them goodbye. I hear Lisa and Chaeyoung saying good bye to our friends. I don't wanna be near her today so I picked up my pace faster but a certain hand grabbed my wrist. I looked up at her only to see her looking deep into my eyes, her eyes are soft and in that moment I got lost in it again. Chaeyoung stopped when she saw us, she bowed her head and told us she's gonna go first and we both just nodded.

"What's wrong? Please tell me, Ruby Jane." She cupped my cheeks and looked at me with pleading eye, her voice is soft that it almost sound like a melody to me.

"I know you. So please just tell me. You are acting different and I hate it." She rested her forehead on mine, I heaved a sigh knowing I will just fall into her bait again. She make my knees go weak, it's not that I hate it, it just proves the effect she has on me.

I closed my eyes contemplating for a moment but I was right, I know I'm just gonna let my defenses down again as I engulfed her into an embrace, I nuzzled my face on her chest and closed my eyes feeling all relax in her arms and in that moment all that I was feeling vanished away. All I could ever think about was us and the way she makes me feel.

I like you more as time goes by, Lisa and you don't even know it. I smiled when I felt her arms wrapped around my waist, she pecked the top of my head and rested her chin on it.

"Feeling better now?" She asked as I burried my face more into her chest, her heart beats enthusiastically, I love the rythm of it and it feels like it only beats for me. I beamed and nodded my head vigorously, she chuckled and I know too well she is already showing my favorite toothy smile of hers.

"Thank you, Lisa. For everything." I pulled away and looked up at her, her face glistening from the sunlight that makes her beauty even more prettier.

"No, Ruby Jane. Thank you." She beamed down at me and pecked my lips, I giggled as I feel myself getting all giddy.

"But for what?" I asked curiously, my arms still wrapped around her waist.

"For coming in to my life. For making me happy." And with that, I believed. I believed that maybe what she was showing and saying to me was true? Maybe there is hope that she might feel the same way like I do.

"Do I really make you happy?" I asked her, my eyes glistening from happiness. Happiness that only Lalisa Manoban could give. She nodded her head while grinning at me.

"You do! And I can't even describe it." She exclaimed while looking me straight in the eyes, if I could just die in her arms though, I wouldn't mind.

"Let's get going, yeah?" I nodded my head, she pulled away from our position and intertwined her fingers with me. I grinned feeling like a happy bunny all of a sudden. We walked through the school hallways and went straight to our next class.

LISA'S P.O.V.

The class ended so quick and the moment the bell rang we quickly gathered all of our stuffs and headed out from the classroom. Me and Jennie walking hand in hand and Rosé being the third wheel that she is. We walked our way through our locker, I released Jennie's hand for a second to open it but the moment it was unlocked a polaroid picture fell from the ground, I picked it up from the floor only to see the picture of me and Tzuyu from Junior year. I smiled as I looked at it, Tzuyu was and still beautiful but that changed when this kitten came into my life. I have never thought someone can be this beautiful inside and out.

I still like Tzuyu, yes. Hell I was inlove with the girl for years and it's not going to fade away that easy but I'm confused because I don't want to lose Jennie. I don't want her being away from me, I can't even imagine myself without her and it's crazy because I know I still like Tzuyu but Jennie... I don't know what to feel towards her, yes I care for her. Yes, she means something to me but I don't know what is this. I'm confused, I can't like both girls at the same time right? Plus I know after this dare, everything will be back to normal and I'm not gonna expect anything from Jennie. Even though I'm hoping this dare would not come to an end... I love spending time with Ruby Jane. I'm the happiest when I'm around her.

"What's that?" She asked me that cut me off from my trance, I was contemplating wether to show her or not but she already snatched the picture from my hands. I looked at her, feeling uncomfortable.

"Oh. You two look good together, huh?" She told me and handed me back the picture while smiling at me. What the? Is that all? No other reactions?

"Y-yeah. I guess." I answered, unintentionally stuttering while I scratched the back of my neck.

"Why don't you ask her out?" She asked me that took me off guard, I heard Rosé choke on her stance. I looked at her as she could feel the awkwardness engulfing the air around us too. Jennie is just looking at me with a indiscernible look, I cleared my throat trying to act normal.

"I'm shy." I told her as I put my books in my locker along with the polaroid picture. I locked my locker and look at her only to see her shaking her head. Rosé just eyed us awkwardly, watching everything.

"Your shyness might ruin a lot of opportunities, so grab it as long as you have time." She told me and put her hand on my cheeks, I felt her hand shaking so I held it on my cheeks and she gave me a small smile.

Why is she saying this to me now?

"What are you saying?" I looked at her in confusion, does she not want me around so she's pushing me?

"What I'm saying is that, go grab your chance with Tzuyu because you might regret it once she found someone already." She pulled her hand away from my face and I swear for a minute I thought she is gonna cry because her eyes is telling me something I can't seem to understand.

But she's right, if I keep being shy I would lose my opportunity with being with Tzuyu. That is what all I wanted ever since I laid my eyes on her, right? But why do I feel like there is something holding me back? Like I am having a second thought.

"Oh, there she is. Go. Grab your chance." She pushed me away, I looked around only to see Tzuyu approaching me with a smile on her face. I automatically smiled as I saw her but I looked back to Jennie... do I really wanna be with Tzuyu?

'Your shyness might ruin a lot of opportunities, so grab it as long as you have time.' Her voice suddenly rang through my ears, Jennie looked at me with a smile plastered on her face but her eyes is really telling me a different story. She gestured for me to go, I looked at Rosé who is just looking at me, she knows me too well because the moment her eyes land on me she shook her head with disappointment. I closed my eyes contemplating for a second but Jennie's voice keeps on repeating in my head. I stood up straight and composed myself, I turned my head back to Tzuyu and walk towards her with confidence. I heaved a sigh as I get nearer.

"Hi, Tzuyu." I greeted her with a shy smile.

"Hi. What's up?" She greeted me back with a sweet smile on her face.

"Uh... I just want to know i-if you have any plans f-for Saturday?" I asked while scratching my nape. Gosh I'm stuttering.

"I don't think I have plans for that day. Why?" She replied as she examined my flustered face. Damn, I should really work with my shyness.

"Do you wanna hang out with me?" I asked her as fast as I can and she just chuckled.

"Are you asking me out, Lisa?" She smiled at me and tilted her brows up. I nodded getting really flustered even more.

"I guess... you can put it that way."

"What about Jennie?" She asked me in confusion and I felt like a cold water was splashed on my face.

Jennie.

I looked back only to see Rosé alone and there is no any print of Jennie in the view. Where did she go? My bestfriend is just staring at me, I looked away not wanting to engage with the judgement in her eyes.

Where did Ruby Jane go? My mind started to get insane with the disappearance of her. She was just right there and when I turned my head back at them, she's gone in an instant. Where did she could possibly go?

"Lisa?" I heard Tzuyu say my name that interrupted my thoughts. I quickly composed myself back.

"I'll tell you on Saturday if you know, wanna go out with me?" I told her while getting impatient with her answer.

"Yeah, of course. I would love to." She answered and I shot my toothy grin at her, I'm happy yes but there's something making me back out from what I am doing.

"See you on Saturday then." I told her and she nodded, we waved our goodbye towards each other and I walked back to my bestfriend. She is still looking at me with the same look from earlier.

"Are you sure about this, Lisa?" Why I am not gonna be sure about this when it's all I wanted all along.

'Sure, Lisa. You're a terrible liar.'

And why is my brain talking to myself?

'Because you're stupid. The answer is already right infront of you.'

I shook those voices away and closed my eyes as I clear my throat.

"Of course, I am." I confidently say but she just rolled her eyes at me.

"Sure." She started walking away, leaving me alone with my confusing thoughts.

Did I make the right decision? I mean I want this, right?

Right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 399 29
I expected everything, but not this. My life is destroyed in second in front of my eyes and I can't even do anything. I have accepted all the blames...
236K 9.1K 37
[COMPLETED] In which your faith and love will be tested. •How strong are you in the name of love? •How will you fight for it? •How much pain can...
16.8K 551 6
They said there are only two things why past lovers are still friends. Either they are still in love, or they never were. But does that mean Jennie...
11.2K 571 10
My stutter makes it easy to become the center of attention for all the wrong reasons, so I try hard to stay out of the spotlight. But when Jennie Kim...