Once Upon an Alien

Bởi lizzy_the_alien

New edited version out now!!! I highly recommend reading that one instead, as this was the very first rough w... Xem Thêm

One- The Hike pt. 1
Two- The Hike pt. 2
Three- Dark Caves
Four- Scouting
Five- A Warning
Six- Split
Seven- New Allies
Eight- Keep Moving
Nine- An Idea
Ten- Monsters
Eleven- Lost and Found
Twelve- Run
Thirteen- Hiding
Fourteen- Stay Away
Fifteen- Someone New
Sixteen- Confrontation
Seventeen- It's Time
Eighteen- Success
Nineteen- Space Travel
Twenty- Relaxing in Space
Twenty One- New World
Twenty Two- In Laws
Twenty Three- Lost
Twenty Four- New Room
Twenty Five- Shopping
Twenty Six- The Meeting
Twenty Seven- The Ball
Twenty Nine- Lycans
Thirty- New Mates
Thirty One- Intruder
Thirty Two- Explanations
Thirty Three- Innocence
Thirty Four- Fiery Mate
Thirty Five- Reunion
Thirty Six- Return to the Castle
Thirty Seven- Remember Earth
Thirty Eight- Game Plan
Thirty Nine- Visiting
Forty- Names
Forty One- The Great Meeting
Forty Two- A Child of the Stars
Forty Three- A Hard Goodbye
Forty Four- Time on Ship
Forty Five- Return to Earth
Forty Six- Training
Forty Seven- Sister
Forty Eight- Prepare For Battle
Forty Nine- Battle
Fifty- Aftermath
Fifty One- Epilogue
Sequel
Rewrite?
New Release!!!

Twenty Eight- Disconnected

1.7K 120 22
Bởi lizzy_the_alien

That slut...

...Had her mouth locked with Xenophon...

...and he sure wasn't fighting it...

I could feel my heart stop. I felt my head spinning. I couldn't believe what I saw, but then I began to think to myself. Why would he wanted a human like me anyway?

I did the only thing my body knew how to do in that moment.

I ran.

I felt my heart stomping in my chest as I ignored the footsteps that followed me, though I knew it was only Zor. I didn't care if he caught up to me, he wasn't my problem.

I ran as fast as I could, opening the first door to the outside that I could find.

I ran and ran and ran all while tears streamed down my cheeks.

I ran straight for the forest, where I knew they probably wouldn't be able to fly well. The trees here acted like they didn't want there to be wings used in them. The branches were tightly woven around each other, like a net of trees. The woods were dark, dense, and honestly terrifying.

I just had to run away though. I was running from my heartache as I saw it. I kept running, and as I came upon a large tree next to a stream, which looked purple for some reason, and I sat.

I don't know how long I ran for, or how far. I felt Zor approaching me before I even saw him. He sat down beside me, wrapping his arms around me. "Morgan..." I heard him say.

"I'm so sorry... I... I never expected he would..." he stammered with a loss for words.

Suddenly a sharp pain came to my shoulder, like burning cold feeling. I gasped at the sudden pain and looked at my shoulder to see the mark Xenophon burned into me fading.

"Zor..." I said tears running down my face as I look up to him. "What's going on? Where is the mark going?" I asked frantically.

Zor's mouth dropped and he shook his head.

"I... I can't tell you," he said eyes with fear and sadness.

"Please... tell me... it-" I was cut off by a burning and stabbing pain inside of my lower abdomen. Zor's eyes grew wide as he quickly placed his hand on my stomach.

"Whats going on?!" I scream through the pain and tears.

"It's not the baby..." he said with a relieved sigh. "The baby is fine..."

"Then what the fuck is it?!" I scream holding my stomach.

"Morgan you have to calm down," he instructed. "Breathe..." I did as he instructed and slowly the pain went away.

"Morgan..." his voice was low and quiet. As I relaxed and the pain went away, I looked at him, seeing his eyes which held pity.

"They had sex..." he said.

"W-what?"

"That's the pain you felt. The betrayal. Your mark left you because he was mating with another..."

I felt my eyes burn. My body burning. Then it all washed over me as the tears flowed out as well as my thoughts.

"Why... w-why w-would h-he..." I sobbed into Zor's arms. He held my head to my chest and hushed me as my tears continued to flow.

It didn't take long before I was completely out of energy, and darkness consumed me as I fell asleep in Zor's arms.

[The next morning]

My eyes peeled open, dried tears still crusted onto my eye lashes and cheeks.

I looked around, noticing I was no longer in the forest I fell asleep in, but a new place.

It looked like a small cabin. The room wasn't very big and was very simple. There was only a bed and a dresser. Across from the bed was a door, which I could see a bathroom sink in.

I peeled the blanket back to see I was in a new outfit. I wore a plain black t shirt and what looked like jogger pants. Who changed me?

I got out of the bed, swinging my legs over the side and landing on my feet with a light thump.

My suspicion of the place being a cabin was confirmed when all I walked out to was a living room and a kitchen. The living room only had a small red couch and a matching red reclining chair.

The kitchen wasn't too small. It had plenty of cupboards and an island, which is where I found the person I has suspected to have changed me and brought me here: Zor.

He stood quietly leaning against the island, looking out a window to his right. He wore simple clothes, a gray t shirt and a pair of dark jeans. As soon as I walked out his head picked up and his eyes flashed with pity and sadness for me.

"Hey," I said walking over to the opposite side of the island.

"Good morning. How did you sleep?" he asked, his purple eyes full of concern.

"I must've slept okay, I don't think I woke up in the night," I said with a small smile. He simply chuckled and walked over, standing in front of me with his arms crossed.

"Well, we have to get some food in you. Baby has to eat," he said.

I stopped and began to chew the inside of my mouth. I didn't want to go out. I didn't want to be seen at all by anyone except Zor. "Um... Can I stay here?" I asked shyly.

"Of course," he said nodding at me. "Anything you're hungry for?"

"Hm... Meat," I said with a shrug. He smiled and nodded before exiting the cabin, leaving me alone with my haunting thoughts.

It didn't take long for Zor to come back. He walked back into the cabin with a basket full of food. Meats and strange fruits and vegetables, and something that looked like bread. I couldn't help but smile at all the food.

Zor cooked up some meat in the small kitchen, keeping conversation with me as he cooked. Once he finished, he set the foot on two plates and we began to eat and continued our talking.

When our food was finished and everything was clean, we went to the small couch, sitting opposite of each other.

He told me stories and tales from the world we were in now. Some scary, some funny and others romantic or adventurous. He was quite the tale teller. I also told stories from Earth, especially the ones that my mother used to tell that always taught a life lesson.

After a while, his eyes seemed to become concerned and he paused our tale telling.

"What's wrong?" I asked, confused at what he was thinking.

"They're looking for you," he said.

"Will they find us here?" I asked. I wasn't ready to face anyone just yet. To my relief he shook his head.

"No. I told them I checked here, but you were nowhere to be found. I also said you ran away from me last night and managed to hide and get away. Wouldn't want them suspecting anything," he said with a wink, which took me by surprise.

I sighed and nodded, once again being taunted by the memories of last night. The pain. The mark leaving my skin. His mark leaving my skin.

"Hey, it's okay. I told you I'd keep you safe, your child too," Zor said and all I could do was nod.

We continued talking through the evening, stopping only when we got hungry.

Night fell quickly and Zor got a bit nervous.

"What's going on?" I asked, placing a hand on his arm. He shook his head before looking at me.

"We're going to have to leave soon or hide," he said, his tone dead serious.

"Why?"

"Someone is coming to check the cabin. I'm not sure who, but I know you don't want it to be Xenophon. Just in case, we need to leave or hide you," he said, looking me in the eye.

"I'll hide. That way if they do come, they'll only find you here, which clears the area, right?"

"I'll have to run around the house a bit, to get your scent covered. I'll tell them I came here to relax and clear my mind, which is what I usually do. They wont suspect a thing," he said. I nod before being lead to a rug in the middle of the floor.

Zor kicks the rug aside, revealing a square door. He pulls the door open and nods. "There's a light to your left, when you get down there," he pauses, as if he were listening to something.

"Hurry!" he says in a whisper. I rush down the stairs and hit the light before I hear the door close.

Zor's footsteps walk around the cabin a few times. Small creaks in the floor startle me once in a while as he walks. I hear Zor's footsteps approach the couch and the couch creaks slightly.

It isn't long before a knock comes at the door, and Zor's footsteps are heard going to it. "Hey... any sign of her?" I hear a voice which I immediately know is Thane's.

I give a relieved sigh. At least it isn't him.

I continue to listen to their conversation upstairs. "Honestly, I don't know why she ran away. Almost everyone is confused and looking for her," Thane said.

I heard a sigh come from Zor. "I know why," Zor spoke.

"Why?"

"He broke the connection," I heard a slight gasp from Thane before silence fell for a few minutes before Thane spoke again.

"You have her hidden, don't you, cousin?" he asked. Silence fell again, but two pairs of footsteps began to approach the door to the hidden cellar.

The door creeks open and Thane and Zor's face come to view. I swallow lightly before Zor signals his hand for me to come out. I walk up the stairs and Zor closes the door as I exit.

Instantly, Thane's arms are wrapped around me. As if by instinct, I wrap my arms tightly around him as well.

"I was so worried, Morgan," he said quietly. We stay in each other's embrace for a few minutes before I pull away.

"You wont tell where I am, right?" I ask quietly. He shook his head with a smile.

"Why would I? You're unmated now. Unmarked. That means our connection could come back," he said with a smile and a wink.

Zor rolled his eyes.

But Thane's happiness was short lived. 

A banging sound came at the front door.

Zor quickly opened the door and left Thane to close and cover it.

I heard an angry growl at the same time I heard the door open.

"Where. Is. She?!" the voice roared and my entire body froze over.

Xenophon.

"Brother, calm down. She isn't here," Zor spoke calmly.

"I know she is somewhere! She couldn't have disappeared!" Xen roared again.

"Xenophon she isn't here. Even I checked!" Thane yelled.

"Why the hell should I believe you! You're probably hiding her because you were connected to her too!"

"Xenophon. You lost your connection with her," Zor spoke.

"H-how do you know?" Xen asked confused and afraid.

"I was with her at the moment the mark left her skin and the connection left her. I held her while she screamed out in pain! Pain you caused her!" Zor yelled. I felt a blush at how protective he has become.

"I don't know why I did it! I didn't do it on my own! It wasn't me controlling me!" Xen yelled.

"Cut the dragon shit cousin, you did whatever the hell you did and she ran. She's gone!" Thane yelled back.

And then silence fell. I held my breath because it was so quiet. I was afraid he could hear me breathe. But the one thing I couldn't stop from making noise was my loudly beating heart.

"She's here," a growl came from above, coming from Xenophon.

I heard a roar before loud footsteps came towards the door. Only a second later was the door ripped from the floor. I got back as far as I could into the dark corner of the cellar while a large body descended down the stairs.

Tears began to flow as I pulled my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs, putting my face down so he couldn't see me.

I heard his footsteps approach me, and stop. I didn't move, I couldn't. I couldn't look at him.

Two sets of feet came down the stairs quickly. "Xenophon," Zor growled.

"Get away from her," Thane let out a deep loud growl.

A moment of silence came before my name was said.

"Morgan," Zor spoke. "Come here,"

I look up. Xenophon's piercing red eyes were looking straight at me. Two pairs of purple eyes mixed with black glowed from the stairs.

I quickly got up and ran to Zor and Thane. Thane quickly scooped me up and ran, Zor following.

We heard Xenophon's loud, ear piercing roar come from behind us as we left the cabin and ran through the woods.

He was pissed.

...And he was coming for me.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

41.8K 2.9K 50
Ellen knew the future of humanity was uncertain and if the remaining human's wouldn't put aside their hatred for the intruders, all would be lost... ...
36 5 4
Matt wanders back into Alexs's life... injured and babbling. Why is he here? Alex doesn't have time to argue, not with Matt's life on the line. Howev...
36K 2.1K 38
𝓕𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓵𝔂 𝓓𝓸𝓮𝓼𝓷'𝓽 𝓔𝓷𝓭 𝓲𝓷 𝓑𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓭 Morgan is sent to live with her grandmother at a college in the middle of nowhere. Forced from the...
104K 11.4K 51
When Earth is conquered by the sinister Greys and the alien who killed Evie's husband returns seeking her help, she must find a way to enact her reve...