Charm | Cedric Diggory

By stfushawn

they said potions were just not her thing, but alexandrina reddins seemed to do the impossible. becoming frie... More

foreword.
cast.
songs.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.

final.

9.7K 233 356
By stfushawn

"I see the cup!"

Cedric pointed towards the glowing trophy that sat in the middle of a podium in middle of what he assumed to be, the center of the maze.

He had done it. After being nearly killed by a Skrewt, a spelled Viktor Krum, and even an Acromantula, he made it to the end.

But he wasn't alone.

Next to him, the infamous Harry Potter, panting slightly, and staring at the trophy in pride.

The two of them started to jog towards the trophy, before the walls of the maze began to close onto them, making each boy run faster, in hopes of not being sucked into the leafy walls of the mystical maze.

They pushed and pushed, Cedric only a little behind Harry, and with each step the trophy grew more in size and color, its glow being a beacon.

Right before the walls completely crushed everything in its path, Cedric and Harry made it into the middle, the trophy only feet away from them.

They had done it.

"Take it Harry, you saved me take it"

"Together on three"

"1"

"2"

"3"

The trophy was gripped by two hands, signaling it to teleport back to where their destination was, the field.

But something peculiar happened.

The minute the two landed on their backs from the teleportation, the trophy away from them, resting next to a tombstone.

Instead, they had landed in a graveyard.

Cedric sat up, his back hurting slightly from the impact, before he looked to his left and saw Harry rubbing his neck.

The hair on Cedric's neck rose, and goosebumps appeared all over his body.

The nightmare of him lying dead in a graveyard crossed his memory once again, and his free hand pressed against the vile in his pocket.

But before he had the chance to take it out, Harry spoke up from next to him.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, you?"

He nodded in response before standing up, brushing off the dust from his arms.

Cedric followed suit, taking the time to look around slightly at the tombstones and eerie statues all around them.

"W-where are we?"

"I've been here before" Harry thoughtfully spoke, trying to puzzle out why it was so familiar.

"It's a Portkey" Cedric walked over to the trophy and laughed at the cleverness, "Harry the cup is a Portkey"

"I've been here before, in a dream" Harry repeated, this time sounding more alarmed, he looked around at the stones.

"Me too" Cedric sounded off, as he realized this was the graveyard in his dreams, and he began to walk towards Harry who was now looking at a name on a tombstone.

"Cedric" Harry began to walk backwards away from the tombstone, "We have to get back to the cup, now"

"What are you talking about?"

From the corner of his eye, he saw the name on the tombstone read 'Tom Riddle' and tried to piece together why Harry was suddenly so alarmed, but the hinges of a stone door crackling open caused the two of them to turn towards the entrance where an unfamiliar man appeared out of.

Harry however, knew exactly who he was. Peter Pettigrew walked out, causing the cauldron next to Harry and Cedric to ignite up, and Harry fell to his knees, his scar burning up like fire.

"Get back to the cup Cedric!" Harry grimaced in pain, and Cedric tried to help him, rhetorically saying no to Harry's pleas to leaving.

In Peter's harms was Voldemort, his pale head so tiny, and even Cedric knew who that was.

Terrified but bravely, Cedric pointed his wand out in front of him, "Who are you, what do you want!"

But it was in vain, as a snake like voice spoke instead of his. 'kill the spare'

"Avada Kadavra!"

And down Cedric went, his eyes not even having a chance at closing.

Alexandrina found it amusing the second time Fred called Cedric 'pretty boy Diggory' but he was now on his sixth time just a half hour later, and she found no amusement in it anymore.

"They should be back by now, this is ridiculous" Alexandrina grumbled as she began to pace back and forth in her spot, "It's been three hours"

"We know Alex" George Weasley grumbled, "They'll be back don't worry"

She sat back down, jiggling her knee while thinking about the encounter she had just had only an hour earlier. The more she thought about it, the more she realized she should probably tell someone about it.

It could prove danger to the maze, and she didn't want more trouble coming in the way.

"I have to tell you some-"

But Alexandrina was cut off by a flash appearing in the middle of the field, followed by loud cheering, and a small group of people rushing over to where she could only see Harry Potter's red shirt. She figured he won, and she saw Viktor Krum get teleported a few meters away from the growing crowd.

Alexandrina jolted up with the rest of the bleachers, the smile dancing on her face excited to see Cedric teleport like Viktor, not caring at all if he did not win.

As she started her way down the bleachers, a ghastly feeling came across her, causing every hair on her body to rise as the crowd part away from the boy. But as they did, yellow appeared in her vision and there she saw Cedric Diggory's lifeless body on the ground next to Harry's sobbing figure.

Alexandrina pushed past everyone, the screams from shock and whispers became background noise to her. Professors were keeping the students in the bleachers but she ducked past one of them, and stared at Amos Diggory clenching his son in his arms, begging him to come back, but he didn't get an answer back.

She was only a step away before Alexandrina let out a heart-wrenching sob as she fell to her knees, causing every head to turn towards the girl.

Amos Diggory watched the girl choke on her sobs, her hand touching his hair carefully. He moved away from his son, and Alexandrina seemed to come closer, trying to hug Cedric back to life.

But Alexandrina's head made contact with something cold and hard on Cedric's chest, and she shot up, looking at his shirt pocket.

Reaching inside she pulled out the vile, and around her she heard people murmuring and whispering about what it was.

"What is that Alex?"

"A protection potion-it-it was su-supposed to stop even the most impossible of things-" Alexandrina stopped in her ramble as a thought occurred to her.

Even death.

"Miss. Reddins?" Dumbledore spoke up this time and Alexandrina wiped away her tears as she stood herself up on her knees.

"I can save him" Alexandrina whispered quietly as she opened the vile and parted Cedric's lips slightly.

Amos and Dumbledore reached forward, trying to stop her, but she had already poured the contents of the vile into Cedric's mouth.

The crowd around her erupted, but Alexandrina drowned them out as she held Cedric's pale hand, watching him intently.

She felt somebody try to grab her, and as she held her ground, Alexandrina could feel more hands on her, trying to pry her away from Cedric. To them, she was a heartbroken lunatic, who might be doing more harm to his already lifeless body.

With every second that passed by, in what seemed like slow motion Alexandrina was starting to give into all the people trying to take her.

But the impossible occurred for everybody watching when Cedric Diggory gasped awake, almost breaking Alexandrina's hand with his fierce grip.

He sat up, eyes wide and his face turning flushed, after being pale for so long. He looked around frantically, trying to piece together how he felt so alive for someone who saw death in the face.

"Cedric! My boy!" Amos Diggory was in a fit of happy tears as he sat on the ground and hugged Cedric tightly in utter disbelief.

"How can this be?"

He listened to Dumbledore and his father half heartedly, unable to think a proper thought.

But the minute Cedric's eyes landed on Alexandrina's, he seemed to forget about all the commotion and confusion around him, and took Alexandrina in his arms, looking at how undeniably beautiful she always seemed to look. From the way her forehead scrunched up when she was trying to decide which name she wanted with her toast in morning, to the way her whole face would light up when she saw him from across the room.

He knew he loved every bit of her, and he somehow knew that she was finally ready to accept his all.

Cedric placed a hand against her cheek and instinctively Alexandrina relaxed in his hold, her teary eyes looking like sparkles against the sun that was finally able to peek from behind the stormy clouds.

He couldn't help himself when his head inched closer, hers doing the same timidly, until Cedric had enough and closed the gap between them.

It was electric, comforting, fiery all at once and when Alexandrina pulled away for a breath of air she was lightheaded with undying happiness.

"I'm never letting you go again"

Cedric pushed her hair behind her ear before bringing her back against his mouth with his hand against the base of her throat.

It was inexplicably and perfectly serene in this moment.

But Voldemort was back and everything was about to change.

/

12 July 1997

"Blue or red?"

"You can't pick a book based on the color of it Fleming" Alexandrina Reddins-Black shook her head at her best friend, Fleming Junes, before focusing her attention back to the stand of quills, "But honestly the red one was a better read"

"See, that's all I asked for" Fleming put down the blue book, and tucked the red book under her arm. "We better hurry, or you're going to be late"

"I know I know, I'm coming" Alexandrina picked the beautiful long, silky white quill and headed over to the checkout line with Fleming. "They better be outside still"

"Yours might be, but Fred Weasley has anything but patience" Fleming joked, and Alexandrina could only laugh, knowing how true she was.

The two girls finished up with their purchases before heading outside Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop, where they saw Cedric Diggory leaned up against a wall, reading a newspaper, looking rather bored.

"I told you he wouldn't be here" Fleming sighed to herself.

When he saw the two girls approach he lowered his newspaper, his eyes lighting up at the sight of his now girlfriend.

"Hi" Alexandrina smiled, her eyes sparkling at the boy she was so in love with.

"Hi" Cedric whispered back before placing both his hands on Alexandrina's cheeks, taking her in for a kiss he just couldn't get enough of. "Happy Birthday"

When Alexandrina pulled back, she saw a small cupcake in Cedric's hand in front of her, "I thought you had forgotten"

"I would never" Cedric smiled back as her before focusing his attention onto Fleming, "How long did she stare at the quills for this time?"

"A new record, fifteen minutes"

"You lot can make fun of me all you want, but let's not forget my quills last longer than both of yours, combined" Alexandrina chastised light heartedly, eating her cupcake. "Where's Fred?"

"Probably climbing a tree or setting a poor child's hair on fire" Fleming rolled her eyes, but the loving smile was evident on her face.

"He told me he was going to check in on the shop ten minutes ago, so he most likely is still there" Cedric trailed off, "We can walk with you there"

"Please, it's completely away from the Burrow and I'm a capable enough witch, and you two are going to be late if you don't leave now" Fleming waved her hand, "I'll see you both later on anyway, after your introduction Alex"

Alexandrina hugged her friend, "I love you Flems, be safe"

"You as well" Fleming hugged her tightly. The two were so precautious now, treating every moment as their last, for with recent events, it could be.

Cedric clased Alexandrina's hand in his while they watched Fleming round the corner. Their hands were perfectly molded into each other now, and Cedric swore he knew every line and curve of hers. Alexandrina tightened her grip as Cedric began to lead her to a more secluded place, where they would apparate to the Burrow.

The once bustling Hogsmeade, now near dessertion, with many stores closed down, loose newspapers flying everywhere, it truly looked like a dystopian universe. It was chilling how much had changed in the span of two years.

"You ready?" Cedric asked as he head his hand up, holding Alexandrina close to him.

Alexandrina knew Fleming and Fred would join them shortly after Cedric and her reached, but the thought of finally properly joining made her feel anxious. She had been an honorary member as her father called her, but he was gone now, and a new Black needed to fill his position.

And with Dumbledore's death just a few months prior, the Order of the Phoenix needed a new member, a new hope.

Voldemort was rising, his followers increasing in number with every day, and Alexandrina was tired of fighting from the sidelines.

For two years she sat in on some meetings, joined a few fights, being one of the few who knew the truth of what happened the night in the graveyard where Voldemort was born once again. The Ministry hadn't believed Cedric and Harry when they said Voldemort was back, at the time, they called Harry Potter a fame ridden lunatic, Cedric Diggory a hoax, and they refused to believe the Dark Lord was back.

But there were those who did believe, and the Order was formed once again, recruiting old members and new.

Now the whole Wizarding World knew about the rise of Voldemort, and the Ministry could no long keep everyone in the dark.

A few months back, Fleming joined officially with Fred and George Weasley, their birthdays falling earlier, and Cedric joined when it was first created, fighting alongside some of the most brilliant aurors of the time.

And now, it was Alexandrina's.

"As ready as I'll ever be" Alexandrina held Cedric tightly, waiting for him to apparite them out of the ghoulish buildings of Hogsmeade.

They landed in front of the Burrow, and Alexandrina felt herself shake slightly. She hadn't been to the Burrow in months, taking the time to grieve her father properly.

"I know this is hard" Cedric steadied her as they looked at the charmingly unique house in front of them, "I can tell them not today-"

"No. I need to do this" Alexandrina determinedly spoke, "It's about time I fight back"

The trauma Alexandrina had been through in the span of a month was enough to shut her out of the Order for almost a year.

Three weeks before her father was murdered, another one of Voldemort's Death Eater's killed her mother in the shelter she was staying at. And when she watched her father die at the hands of Bellatrix Lestrange, not having a chance to say goodbye, she had completely cut herself out from the outside world.  She refused to pick up her wand for the summer before her sixth year, and hadn't uttered a single word about the War, Order, or her now dead parents.

If it wasn't for the undying support she received from Cedric, Fleming, the Weasleys, and most importantly, Harry Potter himself, she would have gone to a far darker place.

They were her family now.

Especially Harry who grieved with her the most when Sirius was murdered.

Grieving was not something Alexandrina did well. It wasn't in her and she felt the urge to fight, get revenge, end the war that took so many of her loved ones lives.

And the person who constantly kept her fighting, Cedric Diggory, was going to be by her side through it all.

It was time for her to join the war.

Alexandrina knocked on the door twice and stood back. A moment later, Molly Weasley's joyful face poked through the doorframe, urging them to enter.

She took both their coats, Cedric helped Alexandrina out of hers as usual, which still took her breath away every time he did anything remotely chivalrous. Alexandrina kissed the tip of his nose lightly whispering a quiet thank you when Mrs. Weasley turned to lead them towards the dining room, chattering per normal.

"They are just through here" Molly walked through the maze of the house before settling on an all too familiar door, "Oh my dears I still don't like the idea of you kids fighting!"

Alexandrina gave Molly a hug chuckling slightly, while Cedric joked with her, "You say that every meeting Mrs. Weasley"

"And I'll keep saying it until you're as old as me!"

The two of them followed her into the room, where familiar faces all lit up with the entrance of Alexandrina behind Cedric.

Oh how much the lot of them missed her.

Alexandrina smiled and greeted everyone, hugging and laughing with all the excitement that erupted. She saw Harry, George, Hermoine, Ron, Tonks, Remus, Mad Eye, all people she hadn't seen in so long, and she felt comfort. This was her family now.

With Cedric's hand still wrapped in her own, he showed Alexandrina the empty chair where her father had usually sat, and urged her forwards.

Taking a seat in her father's chair, she felt herself again.

"Welcome to the Order of the Phoenix Alexandrina Black"

fin.
-

thank you again for supporting me through this book.

please like, comment, and share if you want, I would really appreciate it!

thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 13 20
Meet Nicole and Anna. Two teenage girls sent to Hogwarts to learn magic. In addition to learning about spells and magical creatures, the two learn mu...
33.7K 515 37
{Started: 30/01/2020 Finshed:15/03/2020} "Why did you left? Why did you left me?" Draco asked while rubbing fingers through her hair "I had to. I cou...
181 26 13
16 year old Katianne Potter comes back to Hogwarts expecting another weird year, but thought she could still stick around with her new found friend D...
17.1K 649 46
Rachel Potter's fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is here. The excitement of going back to learn new spells, play Quidditch a...