Red-Handed Jill (A Peter Pan...

By LauraMadison

Unlike many young maidens, Jill had lived her entire life on the sea. She never wore dresses with frills and... More

Prologue
Chapter 1~ Life On the Jolly Roger
Chapter 2~ Bath Day Sabotage
Chapter 3~ Peter Pan
Chapter 4~ Waking up in enemy arms
Chapter 5~ Recovery and the Lost Boys
Chapter 6~ Tigers Roar and so do I
Chapter 7~ All for Jill
Chapter 8~ Into Welcoming Arms
Chapter 9~ Be Careful What You Wish For
Chapter 10~ Aching Pains
Chapter 11~ Broken Bones
Chapter 12~ The Love of Mother Dove
Chapter 13~ Empty Without You
Chapter 14~Hideout Sweet Hideout
Chapter 15~ Taken
Chapter 16~ The Sacrifices We Make
Chapter 17~ Nightmares
Chapter 18~ Brave Faces
Chapter 20~ Visiting the Mermaids
Chapter 21~ Left in the Brig
Chapter 22~ Uniting the Tribes
Author's Note
Chapter 23~ The Start of War
Chapter 24~ A Ship in the Sky
Chapter 25~ Red-Handed Jill
Chapter 26~Neverland and Nevermore
Chapter 27~ Home
Epilogue

Chapter 19~ Haunted and Hunted

2.2K 58 26
By LauraMadison

Jill's POV

I when I woke up the next morning, rays of sunshine were shining through my window, illuminating my room with a nice misty glow. I could see the small specks of dust as they cascaded gently through the air.

I couldn't remember dreaming, which I'm very thankful for.

Even though I was awake and my body was healed, I still felt weak and a little sore. I sat up and attempted to stretch out my stiff back. I grimaced as my joints popped and cracked back into place. My eyes felt puffy and swollen from crying so much and my throat felt like sandpaper. My hair was undone, clumping in an unruly, matted, mess over my shoulders. I took my brush and began untangling the knots and lumps.

I thought about how long it had been since my last bath and grimaced. I'd have to take one of those.

I scooted to the edge of my bed and looked out my window. It was late in the morning, well past when I usually got up. That's when I realized that something- or rather someone was missing; Peter.

Didn't he go to sleep with me last night? I wondered, trying to recollect what happened through the fogy morning haze, Where did he go?

I listened for the Boys and was greeted by the eerie sound of silence. I grabbed some fairy dust from the small pouch that Peter left me and went down into the main room.

It was deserted; not a lost boy or fairy in sight. It was also, to my biggest surprise, clean. No, it was spotless. The floors were swept, the dishes and cups were washed and carefully stacked in the cupboard, the fur blankets were folded and put away, and all of the candles were even dusted.

Am I in the right place? I thought, and then with a start, Am I still dreaming?!

My fingers flew to my forearm and I gave it a solid pinch.

"Ouch!" I hissed.

Nope. Not a dream.

I got some berries and made myself some breakfast, feeling awkward and out of place in the unnerving and deafening silence of the hideout.

I gathered up my clothes and the bag of fairy dust and decided to go for a bath over in the hot springs that Midnight had shown me a while back.

It felt really nice to get some fresh air and feel the sun on my back again. I missed the outdoors and the sound of nature all around me.

When I came to the hot springs I was greeted by a friendly face.

"Hey there Midnight!" I smiled.

"Hello Jill!" she replied, "You're looking much better."

"You too," I said, "You here for a bath?"

She nodded, "It's been a long time since I've had one."

"Me too."

We stripped out of our clothes and sank into the pool together. We laughed and talked about life. I've never really had a girl companion before. I told her about what happened when I last came here and she laughed at the fact that I nearly drowned taking a bath.

"You and Eagle Flies Peter are so cute together," she gushed.

"What? No..." I felt my face heating up.

"Jill," she smiled, "I know what love is. I have felt it and I know how to recognize it. He loves you an awful lot."

"I don't know," I stared down at the water, but then my eyes snapped back to Midnight, "Wait a second, who have you loved?"

The young princess looked down at the water sadly and tears began to well up in her dark eyes, "I was in love with the Owl Faced man called Vinny."

My jaw dropped and I gaped at her, completely and utterly speechless. How could I have been so blind? I looked back and I finally recognized all of the small glances and how she was so bashful when she was around him, how she cared for him so diligently and relentlessly.

I reached out and pulled her into a hug, tears streaming down my face. I had finally found someone who shared my pain.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered.

"I am too," she replied.

We cried together and shared in the loss of someone we had both loved so dearly.

--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--

Just as I finished putting away my things, I heard the hushed voices of little boys sneaking in through the back entrance.

"Shh!"

"Quiet!"

"Yeah! Quiet!"

"Oof!"

"Shhhh!"

"Boys!" I cried happily.

I saw Slightly and Tubby first, then Tommy and Joey and Patt and Finn and Curly and Nick and Nack and Freckles and Jax and Pudge. They ran towards me, squealing and hooting with happiness as they enveloped me in hugs. I kissed them each on the forehead and gave them a thoughtful squeeze. I had missed them so much.

Pudge jumped into my arms and wrapped his legs around my waist.

"I missed you Mommy!" he whispered. My heart melted and my eyes prickled with tears.

"I missed you too Pudge," I whispered back and hugged him tightly.

Then a pair of arms scooped the two of us up and pulled us into the air. His fingers dug into my sides making me laugh.

"Peter!" I giggled and squirmed, "That tickles!"

"So that tickles," he smirked devilishly.

My eyes widened, "Uh oh."

"TICKLE FIGHT!"

All of the boys lunged at us and the tickling frenzy began. Squeals of laughter rang in the air as we rolled around on the dirt floor, tickling each other silly. I lunged at Peter and we tumbled through the air, fighting to get the upper hand. His cheeks flushed as he tried not to laugh while I poked at his sides.

Suddenly I hit something hard and a shower of dirt crumbled onto our heads. We looked up and found ourselves brushing the dirt ceiling of the hideout. I looked at Peter and he was smiling ear to ear with a slight red coloring to his cheeks. He held me in his arms as we began to descend. I rested my head against his chest and snuggled into the warmth of his arms.

As the giggles tired out, each of the boys scurrying off in a different direction. I stayed with Peter, happy to be back in his arms.

When I was with him, I felt like I was home, safe and sound. The outside world was nonexistant, with its problems and dangers, there was only me and him in our small paradise.

But something was lurking in our paradise; a spot of darkness in our perfect world, a snake in our Garden of Eden. It left me feeling restless and anxious, like there were a pair of eyes always watching me from the secrecy of the shadows.

You know what it is, whispered a voice, You know who it was who hurt you. He's the same one who took you from your parents. He's the same one who took Vinny away from you. He's the same one who threatened your family. You know his name. Say it.

Hook.

The name hit me like a giant weight upon my chest. Images flashed through my mind of that night. I felt my hands where the rusted metal cut into my fingers.

I knew what I had to do.

Seeing their smiling faces made me sad to spoil the mood but it had to be done.

"Peter?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he replied, his voice rumbling through his chest.

"I need to talk to you about something," I said, "Something important."

--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--

"You want to do what?!"

We were sitting in a circle in the main room of the hideout. Pudge was curled up on my lap, listening quietly to the conversation going on around him.

"I think that we should sink the Jolly Roger," I repeated.

"This is crazy Jill," said Peter, "There's no way we're going to attack the pirates."

"Peter, just listen to me," I insisted, "They've been a pest before but they've gone too far this time."

"We can't do this," he said, "Going for an attack is suicide. We are outmanned and outgunned."

"I know that we can do this!" I insisted.

"Vinny is not the only one to ever die in Neverland!" he snapped, "You're jumping into this without thinking about the cost! You're going to put everyone here in danger just so that you can get revenge!"

"I am NOT just doing this for Vinny!" I snarled.

"Mother and father are fighting again," whispered Tubby quietly.

"Peter Pan, will you open your eyes and see that this isn't a game anymore?!" I yelled, startling everyone, "This isn't hide and go seek or treasure hunt! This is real! Hook is hurting and killing people. He's a threat to everyone around him! You're just the boy who will never grow up!"

"I WILL NEVER GROW UP!" he roared, jumping to his feet and pulling out his dagger, "You can not make me! I will banish you forever if you try!"

Everyone was silent for a long time, including me.

Peter stared at me, breathing hard.

"Fine then," I replied. I stood up and ran out of the hideout, grabbing a sword as I went.

I heard them yell after me as I went but I didn't look back. I tried to fly but my sad thoughts weighed me down. I was too angry and hurt by Peter's accusing words. They echoed through my head and played over and over again as I ran through the jungle, tears streaming down my face. My boots scraped against the brambles as I went. Some of the thorns bit my legs through my pants but I didn't care as long as I kept going.

What hurt the most was that they were partially true. I wanted revenge. I wanted to see Vinny's killer avenged. I wanted to make sure that Hook paid for what he did.

I felt ashamed.

Clouds began to gather overhead and the wind began to pick up, whipping my hair into my face.

Suddenly I heard a yell and I stopped, instantly seeking cover. I flew up into the closest tree, finding just enough happy thoughts to get me up there.

"I sawr sumthin' over this 'a way!"

My body froze and I listened.

Pirates.

I heard some more snaps and two figures emerged from the brush. As the first pirate walked through, the branches whipped back and slapped his unsuspecting partner in the face. He yelped, swearing with surprise and growled at his comrade to watch it.

"I don't see nuthin'," said the one.

"I coulda sworn I sawr sumthin'," said the other.

They were both new. They wouldn't know me.

Now that I think about it, I pondered, Is there anyone left on the ship who would know me?

Suddenly there was a loud BOOM and a net exploded around me, knocking me out of the tree and onto the mossy ground. Thankfully the moss was thick where I landed. I tried to grab for my sword to cut the ropes but my arms were pinned to my sides.

"Well look what we have here."

My heart stopped as the devil himself approached me, his blood-red coat billowing behind him with all of its pompous glory.

"Hook," I whispered, my voice trembling with fear.

"Hello Red-Handed Jill," he sneered at me with an evil grin.

My blood ran cold and all that I could do was stare, not out of complete fear, but partially in mesmerisation at his eyes which had mysteriously turned a bloody crimson, as he circled me like a snake.

__________________________________________________________________________

Hello All!

I LOVE MY FANS!!!

Shout-outs to LiveLaughLove1314, Junilovesyou and 419hawii and to all of my new readers!!

Thank you so much for all of your support! I was really surprised to get on one day and see that so many people are suddenly reading! It really means a lot and it got me excited to write again!

Keep it up and tell your friends! - and don't forget to vote if you like!

There will be more coming soon. I can't give a specific time but I'll try to get it done ASAP!

Quick question:

There might be a way that I could bring Vinny back. For all you fans out there, do you think I should?

Your fellow reader and writer,

Laura :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.9K 1.1K 63
"Everyone thinks they know my story, the story of Peter Pan and Wendy Darling. The story of a nice little girl, who lives in a nice house, with two n...
4.9K 408 24
Book One of Pan of Never Duology Have you ever wondered what came after Wendy and the other Darlings? What of all the other children Peter has visite...
63.4K 2.3K 24
The land of Neverland is not what you expect. The mermaids are black soulless creatures, the lost boys huh they aren't scared little kids. Their teen...
980 49 32
Cara Darling lives in the streets of 1920s London, England with her best friend, James Hook. They do everything together: steal tomatoes from the loc...