Luminous Fire

נכתב על ידי SaucyOneCurious

Cristian meets Xavier in an art class, they become friends, they get married, they start a family; a journey... עוד

Warning-Letting You Know!
1. Painting
3. In-Between
4. Congratulations
5. Jagged
6. Expectations
7. Adventure
8. Family
9. Friends
10. Dates
11. Together
12. New Year
13. Friendship
14. Swimming
15. Unforeseen
16. Developments
17. Encore
18. Continuance
19. Extension
20. Echo
21. Gladsome
22. Memories
23. Games
24. News
25. Fun Times
26. Changes
27. A Dose
28. Continuation
29. Determined
30. Resolute
31. Masquerade
32. Crossroads
33. Turmoil
34. New Life
35. Loudest Silence
36. Grieve
37. Butterflies
38. Insight
39. Giddy
40. Portrait
41. Epilogue
The Maze

2. Brewing

908 42 4
נכתב על ידי SaucyOneCurious

Enjoy! :) thank you for reading!

-----------------

Xavier texts me the next morning asking if I want to hang out with him the following weekend. I didn’t know what to respond when I saw the text, so I pretended I was busy. I didn’t respond until later. I didn’t know what I was feeling. I was happy that he actually wanted to have a relationship and not just forget about meeting me. He invited me to go bowling. Throughout the week, I kept thinking about our plans and at times I would find myself feeling nervous. The weekend finally came, we went bowling, and it was so easy to talk to him. I felt like it was more like a date than just hanging out and the teasing from Oriel was making me blush giving them all the wrong impression. No matter how much I denied it, my friends didn’t believe me.

I continue to hang out with Xavier over the following weeks and I can’t deny I’ve enjoyed the time I spend with him. It’s easy to talk to him and I find myself sharing things without thinking about it. I started to realize that I care for him. I don’t know if he feels the same way and I don’t want to ruin our friendship. Tonight, we are going to a movie and then dinner. I’m too nervous and Oriel teasing me is not helping.

“Oriel quit it. You’re not helping.” I’m assuming he sees the distress in my expression because he comes over and gives me hug.

“Cristian stop worrying about it. If he didn’t like you at least he bit, he wouldn’t be hanging out with you almost every weekend.”

“Thanks Oriel.”

“Anytime, now go!”

I make my way out of the building and walk the distance to the theater. He volunteered to pick me up, but I didn’t want him too. I can feel the smile on my face when I see he’s already waiting for me at the door. He greets me and we go in. The movie is about to start. I opt for no snacks since we’re going to dinner afterwards. He takes us to Peace Pizza and we buy a slice of every pizza they have. Then, we head to the park. It’s perfect. I prefer this than restaurants. It’s just us, but it’s out in the open. We sit leaning against a tree.

“So tell me Cristian, how many relationships have you been in?”

“None.” I can’t believe I actually said that without thinking.

“You’ve never been in one?”

“No.”

“That’s different. Why?”

“It wasn’t easy after everyone found out I am gay.”

“Why? How did it happen?”

“I was outed, so I wasn’t even ready, by my supposed best friend. He was the first one I told. My brother didn’t fully accept me at first though he came around. I do have to say though that he never stopped being protective of me at school. My father didn’t treat me any differently. My mom avoided talking about it at first. I’m not sure if it was because I am gay or because of what I was going through at school. Once my brother graduated; I was no longer protected. It wasn’t until the middle of the year that Ky, well Kyle, moved to the school and he decided to become friends with me that everything minimized. Though, I didn’t want any friends understandably after what my best friend had done. Kyle was persistent, which I’m glad. He kept others at bay too as long as he was around. We’re best friends, but right now he’s studying abroad. I do miss him.”

“I’m sorry it happened that way; that your trust was betrayed. I’m glad you had the support you did and for your best friend.”

“Thanks.”

“So why haven’t you dated now in college?”

“I just haven’t been interested in anyone.”

“So have you made other friends?”

“Yes, but I trust very few people.”

“So do you trust me?”

I give him a smirk, “do you really want me to trust you?”

“Yes, it is important.” He responds with a smile.

“But why?”

“Because I want you to trust me.”

“Do you think I trust you?”

“I’m hoping you do, since we’ve been hanging out a lot. I like you.”

Still with a smile, I respond, “I like you too if I didn’t I wouldn’t be hanging out with you.”

“What kind of like?”

I unconsciously realize that he’s closer than I remember.

“What kind of like do you want it to be? I’m talking about friends.”

“I’m talking about---” he runs his tongue over his lips. He leans closer, “you and me, romantically.”

I too run my tongue over my lips, “no?” I whisper.

He closes the gap between our lips.

I enter the dorm room with a big smile and find my friends there. I’m suspicious for their reason for hanging out in my dorm.

“I think something happened because we’ve never seen him smile that big when he hangs out with us.” Oriel concludes.

“Yes, I think so too.” Maylee adds.

“Oh my god. Did he kiss you?!” Evelin yells.

I can feel my face heating up.

“He did! He did!” Evelin exclaims.

“We need details. Details!” Oriel states.

“Aww, our little friend is growing up!” Maylee adds.

“We better call Ryan and Kyle!” Oriel exclaims.

I know there is no escape and I will have to satisfy their curiosity or they’ll be bothering me all night and every day until I tell them what happened. I just hope they don’t tease me so much about it. Who am I kidding? They will.

***

I hear the sound of a text. I wonder who would it be at this hour. It’s too early to be woken on a Saturday! I stretch my hand to grab my phone and squinting see that it’s from Xavier. A smile forms on my face and I open it.

Good morning, handsome.

My smile widens.

I hope you don’t mind me waking you up. Just want to let you know that I have to go out of town. I’ll call you when I get back.

My smile drops once I read the last of it.

“So why did your grin drop, Chubby?”

What is he doing here? He’s not supposed to be here until next week.

I turn around and see that it is indeed Kyle. I jump out of the bed and jump on him.

“What are you doing here, Ky?”

“Well, this is actually when I’m supposed to have returned. I wanted to surprise you.”

“You did! How did you get in here?”

“Early this morning. Oriel let me in and I have to say that I didn’t want to wake you up from your sleep. You look too adorable.” He teases making me blush.

“Don’t say things like that.”

“Chubby, but you are so adorable and you haven’t answered my question.”

“Oh, it’s a text from Xavier. He’s traveling for a bit, so he says he will call me when he returns.”

He gives me a smile, “he told you he had to go that’s a great start and at least he let you know. You really care for him?”

“Yes.”

“Do you love him?”

The question makes me blush and he takes it as the response.

“I can’t wait to meet him. I have to approve and Ryan does too. Did you already tell him?”

“Hmm, no...I don’t know how he’ll take it.”

“He’ll be happy for you, he cares for you, and he’s accepted you.” He responds hugging me. “So now lets get ready and then we can celebrate that I’m back.”

“Yes, and do you know where you’ll be staying next semester?”

“Yes, there’s someone going to study abroad next semester in this building, so I’ll be getting that dorm.”

“That’s great.”

“Yup because I’ll have a greater chance to bother you more often.”

“You don’t bother me.” I respond smiling.

The rest of the day, we spend outdoors, and he convinces me to call my brother to tell him the news. It goes like Kyle had predicted. Ryan says he wants to meet Xavier as soon as possible; he has to approve as my older brother. I had nothing to fear.

***

Xavier didn’t stop texting me to let me know how things were going with him and to ask how I was doing while he was away. The semester comes to an end, so I am going to visit my brother and Kyle is coming along. I invited Xavier to come with me. He responds that he isn’t sure because the project he’s responsible for is taking longer than expected. We drive down to my brother’s;he lives about an hour away from college. We arrive in time for dinner and like he has always done, he spoils me by having my favorite food ready.

The day before Christmas, there is a knock on the door and we all look at each other.  We’re not expecting anyone. Our parents will come tomorrow. Ryan goes to open the door. I follow him and I see Xavier at the doorstep. I rush to him and hug him. When I realize what I did, I blush and release him from the embrace. I turn to my brother.

“I’m guessing he is the boyfriend, Xavier.” My brother says chuckling.

“Yes, I am.” Xavier says extending his hand to shake my brother’s.

“Hi, I’m Ryan, Cristian’s brother.”

“Hello, I’m Kyle, his best friend.”

“Nice to meet you both. I’ve heard great things about you both.”

“Well, we should all go inside. It’s too cold to be standing here.” Ryan says.

We all pile back into the living room. The games are forgotten as we sit. My brother starts questioning Xavier making me blush. Ryan shares some funny stories making me blush even more, but I’m glad they’re all getting along. We don’t have a chance to spend any time alone until a few hours later when we go out for a walk.

“Are you leaving tomorrow?” I ask him.

“Yes, I have to go see my parents.” Xavier responds. “But if I could I would stay and spend the holidays with you.”

“If you stayed then you would be meeting my parents. They’re spending the day with us tomorrow.”

“I wouldn’t mind meeting your parents.”

I smile. “They would interrogate you, you know, since you are dating their son.”

“Yes, but it would be worth it.” He responds giving me a kiss. “So how were exams?”

“You already know this.” I give him a smile.

“But I want to hear it.”

I shake my head, “they were good. I passed all of them. I can’t believe I’m so close to graduation.”

He gives me a smile, “I’m glad to hear it. I know how that feels. Just enjoy these last couple of months.”

“I will and especially with you. Oh and my friends are asking about you. They want you to hang out with us next time.”

“I would love to just let me know when everyone is getting together.”

“Okay.” I respond.

“So where am I going to be allowed to sleep?” He asks as we stand outside the house now.

“Hmm, we have a thing that the night before Christmas we have a sleepover, so we all sleep in the same room on the floor. Well there isn’t much sleeping.”

“Interesting, so stay up and do what?” He smiles.

“Talk. Watch Christmas movies. I love watching Christmas movies.”

“I can see, but before we go in. I want a kiss.” He says as he runs his thumb along my lips before capturing my lips.

“Interrupting something! I was worried you might have forgotten the key.” Kyle says innocently interrupting our kiss.

“Sure.” I respond sticking my tongue at him. Ugh, I’ve started picking up that habit from Oriel and Evelin.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

198K 7.7K 15
Recently married and new homeowners, Max and Morgan seem happy. But, Morgan is always traveling for work leaving Max at home feeling lonely. One day...
16.7K 298 7
Both Stan and Kyle realize they have feelings for each other, but will they ever admit that they love their super-best friend? or will they keep thei...
2.3K 79 8
She's a struggling single mother who wanted to get her life back on track but she couldn't do so while worrying for her daughter safety,she had no fa...