Wolf Rage | ✔️

By makemebreakme555

After being burned by an ex-boyfriend, Mia returns to her hometown--only to fall into the hands of a more dan... More

[0] The Legend of the Beastmen
[1] Subdued
[2] Out
[3] Reptile
[4] Power of Alpha
[5] Heartbreak
[6] Hanging on a Tree
[7] Bite
[8] Awkward Touch
[9] Alpha's Request
[10] Rex
[11] Sugar and Spice
[12] Pranks and Misunderstandings
[13] Fetish
[14] Eavesdropping Luna
[15] Dare Exchange
[16] Alpha Favors
[17] Desk Kisses
[18] Agreements
[19] The Ex Effect
[20] Playful
[21] Sleepwalker
[22] Odd Requests
[23] Luna Status
[25] Instincts
[26] Instincts II
[27] Instincts III
[28] Stranger Danger
[29] Sacrifice
[30] The Mating
WOLF RAGE - IMPORTANT NEWS

[24] Bedroom Talk

13.4K 676 301
By makemebreakme555

A/N: midterms are successfully over yayyyy :) enjoy this chapter love you guys ❤️

[24] Bedroom Talk

"I'm glad you finally woke up." Samuel breathed.

Oh, no. Apprehension gripped Mia's throat. "What did I try to do?"

If her dream was any indication, she wasn't sure she wanted to find out. Her nerves stood on edge at the things she might have done. Samuel was still flushed red and he was not like this the first time she sleepwalked to his room.

He placed a hand on his neck sheepishly. "You were at my door again and I let you in. It was like yesterday at first...you stayed resting on my bed. But then you started climbing over me. You kissed my neck, saying my name and then you tried to really kiss me."

Mia covered her mouth in shock. When was this nonsense going to stop? He had voiced things lightly, but no matter what it gave the impression she was having a naughty dream about him. Then, her own cheeks turned red. Snapshots of her dream came back to her, she remembered this time. 

"I had a dream about you. I think the last time I came here I had a dream about you too," she admitted.

"Is that so..." he said this with growing interest, a boyish smile filling his features. "Tell me more." In loose pajamas and a white shirt he looked younger somehow. But then—Samuel seemed to have come to the realization of something. "Wait, is that why you were trying to kiss me?" He began to chuckle. "Oh, Mia. You don't have to go to dreams to do that." He said suddenly, turning his flirting game on.

Mia hit his shoulder. "No, you idiot. In the dream I was making a deal with you like we did earlier, only this time you said I had to kiss you."

Samuel's eyes shined with mirth. "Wow, I like this dream version of me." He leaned in closer. "So how about you finish that deal and kiss me."

"It was only a dream."

"Doesn't matter. You owe it to dreaming Mia that you finish what she started," he teased.

Mia giggled and rubbed her hands against his cheeks. "Look at you, all red and stuff. You clearly can't handle a kiss from me."

Samuel's eyes narrowed. "I didn't want to kiss you while you were sleeping. I wouldn't have been able to stop and—"

Mia gasped. "Oh my gosh! That's what you said in the dream!"

Samuel rolled his eyes. "No. I said that as I was shaking you to wake up. A guy can only take so much torture. You'd probably wake up freaked out and call me a pervert again."

Mia giggled. If anything she seemed like the pervert in this relationship as she was the one coming to his room, calling his name, and trying to kiss him. It stilled amazed her that he actually permitted her inside, especially after hearing from Sammie how his own ex wasn't allowed here.

Mia relaxed against the pillow. "I have a question for you..."

"You can ask. Just know you still owe me a kiss."

Mia gave him a look before continuing. "Sammie and I were talking earlier and she mentioned that

when you and Jasmine dated she wasn't allowed into your study or your room."

"That's true." He confirmed, not giving her anymore details.

Needless to say, she wanted an explanation. "I guess what I'm asking is why? She was your girlfriend and you dated her for a good year, why did you prohibit her from going in those places when other people have."

He raised a brow. "By others you mean yourself, right?"

Mia threw him a pillow. He was so spot on with her questions it was annoying. And embarrassing. She didn't want to assume anything. "I'm not the only one who goes into your study!"

"Yes, but you are the only female who comes to my room." He countered. He said it so intensely it took all of her to keep her heart from racing.

"Just answer the stupid question."

"Because I didn't want her here. Besides, allowing her in my room would be inappropriate. We were merely dating, I didn't want others of the pack to jump to the conclusion that we were intimate."

Mia's mouth dropped. That's exactly what she had thought. "What the heck, then why am I here?" she made move to get off his bed and go back to her own room but his arm blocked her. "Samuel I'm awake now. There's no need to keep me here."

"You will stay. I have a question for you myself."

His insistence made her pause. "What is it?"

Unhappy with how close to the edge of the bed she was the wolfman lifted her and brought her to the center. Mia squeaked when his hand grazed dangerously low on her back. He crouched over her like a wolf, shielding her from a quick exit.

"I wanted to know how you felt about being called Luna by the kids..." He looked slightly away from her, his voice more quiet. "I know we aren't mated yet. Did you want to tell them the truth?"

The recollection of his conversation with Jasmine earlier made her blood boil. "No, I don't," she said decidedly. "Jasmine had no right to tell the kids that and in addition even if I did want them to know I never gave her permission to tell them."

Samuel seemed momentarily confused that she would know what Jasmine had done but it was quickly overtaken by genuine surprise when he came to understand her answer.

"Oh," his response was simple, but he had never sounded so thrilled. His eyes dotted with delight and soon his nose fell to her neck as he rubbed it affectionately. He trailed up her neck and licked her behind the ear. He was very pleased. He cradled her head as he dove his noise into her hair and smelled her.

"Wow, you really don't want the kids to be disappointed." Mia said, her voice airy as she was very distracted by his touches.

She allowed Samuel to continue his strange ministrations. Having him so close felt right. She dreaded having to leave his room soon. Having left yesterday, it would be wrong if she didn't leave tonight. What excuse did she have to stay?

The wolfman pulled back. His eyes met her with an intensity that made her breath catch. "So clueless," he murmured to himself. "Mia, tomorrow is the full moon. In a few hours to be exact."

"Oh, great. That means your man period is coming," Mia bemoaned. "In high school you always used to yell at me for everything."

The full moon was never a good thing for Mia. Samuel was a hard person to handle, but on the full moon it always went up a notch. Sometimes she couldn't tell, as they were always arguing that it made no difference. But other times it was so unbearable she made sure to stay away from him.

The corners of his mouth quirked upwards. "That's because I'm hypersensitive to the things you're doing. My instincts rise against my will, and I have to make extra effort to control certain impulses. Be grateful I won't be in heat, otherwise you wouldn't be able to come here tomorrow night."

Her mind caught on that one statement. "Who says I'm coming here tomorrow night?" she sassed. How assumptious of him to think she would walk here again. She was determined to have a serious talk with her body and tell it to stay put in bed.

"This is the second time you walk to me. You might as well come to bed with me." He rationalized this as though it were the obvious solution.

"But what about the others? Aren't you worried they'll assume we're being intimate?"

Samuel ignored her concern. He laid on the bed facing her and instead directed her with an instruction. "As the full moon is arriving, don't kiss me on the jaw for a request tomorrow." He warned.

"Why not?" That was her favorite thing to do when she wanted something, the best feature of him having the power of alpha over her. It was her way of bending him to her will.

"Mia, I just told you my instincts are severely heightened. I won't just take that as a request, I'll see it as you desiring to mate with me."

She shot up from the bed. "What?!"

He easily pushed her back down. "Yes. And trust me, it'll be very hard to placate me." He said this so seriously she knew he wasn't exaggerating.

He never had to warn her of something like this before because she had never been submitted to him for long. That his instincts would be so high as to automatically receive her kiss as a desire for mating made her nervous, but also curious.

"Wait, so any woman can just do that and you'll think she wants to mate you?"

Granted, Mia had never witnessed another she-wolf kiss his jaw. It was a very bold action, one Mia had probably used rather liberally without care for propriety. It was meant to be only used by close family or bonds of deep friendship. She couldn't imagine anyone else having the courage to do that to Samuel. Sammie was really the only one who could use it. One time in high school a brash she-wolf had attempted it and Saurus caught her by the neck before she managed to land a touch on him. He had smelled her intention, and the she-wolf had walked away ashamed. 

"It matters not if another female does it. You are the one I am concerned about." He delicately lifted her chin. "Do I make myself clear."

"Yes."

And truly she had meant that. Except she would lying if she didn't admit she had a burning curiosity to see what happen if she dared. Seeing the direction of her thoughts Mia knew it was time for her to leave.

"Well, since there's nothing else to discuss I guess I'll be leaving now," she said.

Samuel followed her to the door. His hands twitched on the way there, as though he wanted to reach out to her and stop her. Similar to the night before his eyes roved over her at the foot of his door. It felt like he was trying to imprint her in his mind before she left.

Mia crossed her arms. "You honestly think I'm going to trust your ears again?"

She bumped him to the side with her hips. His concrete form was unmoved by her weak force. Chuckling, he moved to the side and let his hands fall on those very hips that tried to move him aside. He caressed them. Sighing softly his lips found her cheeks as she opened the door, and kissed her.

"Goodnight, Mia." His voice held a rough quality that made waves run down her spine. Her name over his lips sounded so intimate. The call of a lover woven in a way that had double meaning.

He had said her name, and at the same time uttered mine.

"You're wearing this Mia, I don't care what you say!"

A shirt was shoved unceremoniously unto her chest. Mia grabbed it before it fell on the floor. "I don't think that's a good idea." Mia relayed nervously.

It wasn't just any type of top. It was an off-the-shoulder blouse. Wearing this would showcase the slope of her neck, it would mean she was seeking attention from someone. If Samuel saw her in this she might just go red in embarrassment. With his new attitude he would tease her for sure. 

Sammie was not listening to reason though. Jasmine's arrival had ignited a fire in her that wanted the woman to stay away from her brother. "She's not going to trap my brother so easily. Not on my territory. Wear it or else!"

Mia groaned and changed in front of her to calm the she-wolf. When Sammie saw Jasmine at dinner last night wearing a dress that showed her neck like this blouse, it was as though war had been declared and Mia had no idea of it. Now Sammie was rallying her to 'take what's hers' before the other woman made moves. Sammie placed a tiny gold necklace around her neck.

"No perfume." Sammie said, keeping Mia's scented lotions away.

"But his nose is invasive!" Mia argued.

She had started wearing them once Samuel said he smelled her pheromones calling to him. She obtained the lotions with hopes it would hide them from him, and she knew they had some effectiveness because he had complained about them the other day and told her to shower the smell off. In high school she had grown used to avoiding scented lotions because wolfmen were a people who hated strong smells. They preferred natural ones. Mia made sure to get these subdued smells so that it wasn't overwhelming but still got the job done. Now her best-friend was being difficult.

"Sammie, you know Jasmine is in love with your brother the poor girl can't help it. Instead of pitting me against her how about we help her get back home."

"Because sweet, ignorant Mia, the girl won't quit until she sees with her own eyes that my brother is not into her, but into someone else."

"And what do I have to do with anything?!"

"Tch. So clueless." With that she propelled Mia outside her room.

The two walked outside where Mia hugged her good-bye before her friend left to another meeting. She was driving to the mall again. Apparently signing the contract was only the beginning of work. Now Sammie had to meet with designers so that the store layout would attract customers. Samuel was most likely in his study now, doing his usual paperwork, but Mia was too embarrassed to go there.

She knew what he would think, seeing her enter his study with a blouse like this when she never wore things like this before him. Personally, she didn't really like off-the-shoulder styles. They could be uncomfortable, and it meant she had to use a different type of supportive bra so that the straps wouldn't show. Females in his pack who wore this were very intentional. Mia felt shy to go see him like this, especially on a day with his instincts high.

You wear an interesting attire, human.

Mia jumped, only to realize it was Rex. She must have been really distracted if he managed to come near her without notice. Then again, wolves could be stealthy when they wanted to. Samuel's wolf circled around her. When his words caught up with her she blushed. Dang it, even this wolf noticed her outfit.

"Sammie made me wear it," she said quickly, almost defensively.

Hn. I didn't ask for your reason. You smell of nervousness.

And this is why she would have been quite happy to wear lotion. Mia gave him a look. Rex merely blinked, unconcerned for her displeasure. With his snout he began bumping her to a grassy field. His pushes became so insistent, and his impatience grew at her slow walking, that eventually he ended up ramming against her legs to the point of her falling.

A cry escaped her throat as her body tumbled backwards—right onto the wolf's back. Her quick reflexes made her grab onto his thick fur as he trotted them to a particular area. It wasn't far away. Situated beneath the shade of a large overhanging tree she had a good view of the packhouse. Once here Rex dropped to the floor.

I want to be petted again.

"You could have said that." Mia said, laughing.

This whole time all he wanted was for her to pet him like she had last time. With her back against the tree, and his head resting on her lap, Mia felt the nerves of earlier begin to calm. Here Samuel couldn't see her. Here she was away from anyone's curious gaze. A gentle breeze sent wisps of her hair across her face. Mia pushed them to the side and continued petting Rex.

A figure slowly passed around the front of the packhouse as she jogged. Probably making small rounds. If anyone wanted a true workout you went into the trail in the woods, not just the packhouse. Watching Jasmine in her short shorts and thin tank top made Mia annoyed. The girl was running near the house windows, as though wanting to be seen by someone. Samuel had multiple windows in his study to give view of the outside. It was obvious she wanted him to see her.

Rex took note of her divided attention. You should watch her, he said.

Mia lowered her eyes to the wolf before her. "Why?"

When she came here, she smelled of hope and nostalgia. Last night her scent switched to desperateness.

"That's because she wants Samuel back. I'm not surprised. You should remember Jasmine, she used to be here before."

I remember her alright.

Curious, Mia pressed for more information. "What was your experience with her?"

Not much. She's afraid of me. She's afraid of all wolves as a matter of fact. I can't fathom why she would pursue a wolfman when her very character is averse to their partners.

"What do you mean?" Mia asked. Her brows drew together.

She pretended to find interest in me, but she reeked of fear when I got too close. She's never touched me. Rex did not sound the least bit offended as he mentioned this, as though he could careless for her reaction.

"Did you like her?"

I do not care for her, but I do not like her for my partner. Rex replied. Saurus is ambivalent about her. It's not the usual response a male should feel towards a female he intends to mate.

Mia's mouth dropped open. She had always wondered the depth of attraction Samuel felt towards Jasmine. Now she had her answer. So his essence had never been that attracted to her to begin with. No wonder he let her go so easily.

"Wow. I would have thought he'd feel much more than that. Especially since he dated her for a whole year."

He was mildly interested in the beginning. But it quickly gave way to frustration. He would look forward to seeing her, but once he was with her it quickly dissipated. He was foolish to expect her to live up to what he really wanted.

"Oh, you're referring to how sensitive she is. Yeah, Sammie didn't like that either."

No. I am referring to his true desire to be with someone else. Rex's eyes met hers steadily. When Saurus is with you, his scent changes immediately. His state is unquestionable.

"What do you mean? What does he smell like when I'm around?"

It becomes very expressive. He's experienced every emotion when it comes to you, with some being more prevalent than others.

"I don't doubt you've smelled his anger." Mia giggled at the pranks she used to play on him.

Most definitely. As I said, you incite many things within him. However, as of late it has shifted most interestedly.

"What do you mean?"

Before your trip to the sea beasts it was a mixture of resigned acceptance and unrequited emotions. When you came back it was one of determined pursuit. He is excited. You've awakened his need for chase.

"You can't mean..." Mia trailed off in thought.

Had all of Samuel's teasing been more than just teasing?

If you desire to know the specific emotions, they revolve around love, fondness and...ardor.

Mia blushed. She didn't know how to take that information. For so long she was used to the idea of Samuel hating her, and recently they'd become more friendly and tolerant of each other. What Rex was speaking of was very serious, because wolfmen don't just mate anyone. The implications change everything, and Mia was surprised to note she was not against those changes.

You doubt me. Rex said, sensing her inner turmoil.

"A little..."

Test it. On a day like this it is easy to assess.

Biting her lip, Mia stepped up to the challenge. "How?"

Rex licked her hand to resume his petting, which had abruptly stopped when he mentioned the words love, fondness, and ardor. Mia went back to rubbing his dark fur. Then, with closed eyes he told her.

Author's Note : Okay next chapter will be fun with Mia testing out his instincts! I hope you enjoyed this! Drop a comment and vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 388 26
Megan Vaughn, daughter of the Alpha of her pack, has looked everywhere for her lifelong mate to no avail. She's the only one mateless, until she find...
15K 650 66
Aurora was like every other werewolf. She lived with her family and had amazing friends but, she was mate less.Life was great for her, until a fire s...
1.2K 79 16
Larentia falls in love at first bite. What would you do, If you had a monster living inside of you? Moving away to go to college is scary. Even scari...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...