Show Off - Mal/You

Af speedywrites

You get called up to play with the full national team. What happens when your soccer world becomes bigger? Wh... Mere

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
XI
XII
XIII

X

2.9K 66 9
Af speedywrites

Your POV

After breakfast, Tierna and I made our way back to the room. Since Mallory texted, I couldn't stop thinking about everything. I was so lost in thought that I nearly ran into the edge of the counter.

"Watch where you're going, Y/N. I know you're anxious but it's just Mal." Tierna spoke as she managed to make me sit down and take a seat on the edge of my bed.

Exhaling a long breath, I groaned and threw my body backwards. I hit the mattress and draped my arm over my face.

It's just Mal.

My phone buzzed and my heart instantly began to race. Tierna looked over at me as I pulled my phone out.

I sighed in relief before stuffing the phone back into my hoodie pocket.

My teammate smiled and shook her head. "You seem ready to talk to her."

I sat up, both my eyebrows raised in shock. Was she being for real? "T, I don't even know if I really want to talk to her. She gives me vibes for the whole time at camp and even after that, but as soon as she sees Ashley... it's like I don't even exist." I muttered the last part in a voice above a whisper.

------

Mallory Pugh's POV

After texting Y/N, I felt my mind spin. It was crazy how in such a short span of time, seeing Ashley again brought back old memories.

Ashley was, by no means, perfect. Our relationship had it's ups and downs, but at the end of the day I stayed because I knew I wanted to work things out with her. Then when I got called up to play for Washington, everything changed.

Our calls became less frequent, the conversations seemed to go nowhere, and the feelings we had for each other began to fade. We both felt that the relationship had ran its course and in the end we thought it was best for us to break it off.

Although it was needed, the feelings I felt after the breakup were anything but amazing. I spent as much time as I could just training and getting better. I did that for a while actually.

Then I met Y/N.

She was the type of person to light up a room with her presence and had a smile that was contagious. Not to mention the fact that she was beautiful.

But that's besides the point.

Before I knew it, my feet ended up outside of her door. I raised my fist to knock, but stopped when I felt my phone buzz. Glancing down, and mentally thanking the notification for helping me stall, I noticed it was a text.

It was from Jessie.

Jessie Fleming's POV

The fact that Mallory had been acting like a total lame the whole time here in LA was one thing, the fact that she was being a lame to Y/N was what bothered me. Y/N was so nice, so genuine, and just so beautiful.

Wait, what?

I mean, she deserves better. If anything, she deserved better than what Mal was giving her.

No malice towards Pugh at all, but jeez get your shit together.

I decided to text Mal.

To: Pugh 🇺🇸
Don't justify your actions. Tell her straight up and stop keeping her in question.

I pressed send and sat down. Hopefully Mallory and Y/N would make things better.

Your POV

I was getting lost in my thoughts and pacing around the hotel room until I heard a knock at the door.

Panicking, I slid too fast across the floor and ended up knocking everything off the counter.

Stumbling toward the door, I reached for the handle slowly. I took a deep breath, letting the air into my lungs before exhaling. Wrapping my hand around the handle, I could feel my heart begin to race, and with the ounce of courage I had accumulated from a self-given pep talk, I opened the door.

Here goes nothing.

------

I instantly came face to face with Mal. And although I knew her, I felt like the person looking back at me was a stranger.

We both stood there. Until I moved to the side and motioned for her to come inside. The forward awkwardly made her way into my room and she sat on my bed. I had my back turned to her since I was closing the door, but I could feel her eyes on me. I didn't bother looking up at Mallory as I made my way back to the center of the room.

"That's quite a mess."

My eyes instantly snapped up. Her voice caught me off guard and it took me a second to process what she was talking about.

I shrugged lightly. "I'll pick it up later."

Mal shifted on the bed and nodded. For someone so talkative, she really didn't have a lot to say. I'm not the type of person to start a conversation, but I needed answers out of her. So I took the initiative and started talking.

"You have a lot of explaining to do."

The forward's eyes met mine and she stared at me, as if debating on what to tell me. She broke away from my gaze and held her head in her hands.

We sat in silence. For how long? I couldn't tell you. I was lost in my own inner turmoil. Here she was avoiding me for days, then she wants to talk things out, and now she isn't saying anything.

I was growing impatient, but still I stood there and waited.

Finally, Mallory's voice broke the silence.

"Seeing Ashley again brought back a lot of memories. Even from before we were dating. I guess after everything that happened, seeing her and just being with her made me feel like we still had some unfinished things. Like I think we can fix things and make it work."

I felt my chest tighten at her words, but I didn't say anything.

"I don't know what I want to do because it's unfair to you. I'm sorry I have been avoiding you but I just-"

"I get it." I cut her off before she could finish. "You feel like you have unfinished business. And now that she's back you want to make it work. Then you don't want to because you feel like it isn't fair to me and blah blah blah. You're confused, and you want something more with someone who you already felt something for in the past as well as now."

The older girl simply stared at me. She didn't respond immediately. In fact, she tried to get a read on me to see what exactly I was feeling.

I was just as confused as she was. Even I didn't know how I felt.

"I can't just leave you hanging like that. I should have told you. I'm sorry, I seem like such an ass for doing that." Mal replied. I couldn't tell if it was genuine or not, but I hoped she was.

Not just for my sake, but for hers as well.

The forward noticed my lack of a response and looked up at me. "Y/N?"

My eyes met hers, and I could feel my mind spiraling. But one thing was clear.

"Mallory, I really think you need to figure this out yourself." I responded finally after a small pause. It wasn't my decision to make. And in the end, whatever happens, happens.

She licked her lips and her gaze broke away from mine, her head turning to the side as she bounced her leg up and down. It was an anxious habit of hers. "So what does this mean for you and me?" Mal asked, not looking in my direction at all. I shifted on the balls of my feet and crossed my arms over my chest. My eyes were still glued on her the whole time, even if she wasn't looking at me. "That's something you should be asking yourself, Mallory. This is your decision." I said with a shrug, letting my shoulders drop as I leaned against the wall.

Mal's head turned forward and she gave me a side glance, not looking at me fully.

"I get that but, what do you want us to be?"

For the first time during the whole conversation, I looked away from her. It didn't matter what I wanted, this was Mallory's situation. The fact that she had to even ask me that kinda hurt.

Jeez Y/N say something.

And so I did.

"That's something you should ask Ashley first."

A/N:

W O A H the amount of views this story has is insane! i'm so happy you guys are enjoying it. school and soccer have me busy, but after my state championship game on saturday i should be able to update more. in case no one told you today, i love you, and you matter. i'm glad you made it to today <33

-alex

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

218K 4.1K 41
You're the hottest new coming soccer star and you just turned 18 you have all the nwsl teams calling you asking to join their team and what gets bett...
23.6K 539 47
{COMPLETE} **sequel to Attached** Morgana LaRue is the new big thing. She was a star for the USWNT from the first minute she played. (literally) Afte...
412K 7.3K 52
Sage is 17 and her life has taken a turn for the worse ever since she lost her father. Her mother has become abusive and hasn't let Sage out of the h...
207K 4K 75
Emma have a pretty dark and complicated past. Love never goes her way, parents never existed and being bullied. But what will happen when she get a c...