Wattpad Book Reviews

By bookaholic92lg

Well, enjoy reading my book reviews, Feel free to send books that you want to me give my honest opinion about... More

Wattpad Book Reviews
Review #1: My Name Is Raquel
Review #3: Mr. Popular and I
Review #4: My Best Friend's Brother
Review #5: Traceless
Review #6: Broken
Review #8: Fallen Angela
Review #9: His Final Refuge
Review #11: The Heartbroken Heartbreaker
Review #12: Unbelievable
Review #13: Dear Andrew
Review #15: Woman
Review #16: Taken Away
Review #18: Illegal
Review #19: Across Acheron
*Review #20*
Review 21: Don't You Lie; I Saw Your SCARS
Review #22: Interlinked

Review #7: The Boxer and I

928 45 12
By bookaholic92lg

Review #7: The Boxer and I

*Status: Ongoing*

“The Boxer and I” isn’t a sequel to “Mr. Popular and I”, however, it’s related to it. I have got to admit though I find it better than MPAI; which I previously reviewed. If you read the criticism, you would simply know my opinion. Shockingly, or so you might think, I liked The Boxer and I.

On contrary to the other book, it is quite interesting in many ways. I think it’s the different point of view that’s being used and the new character. Plus, the ideas are clear and well said.

I think the characters play a role in it… well, maybe? Like in MPAI River’s P.O.V wasn’t totally spot on; it was pretty obvious that a girl was writing it. And Lea’s was confusing, like once she is something and another she is something else; the descriptions weren’t stable. In addition to the bad-boy-good-girl romance thing, which is as I described previously, was cliché. On the other hand, the idea of TBAI was not expected. I liked the story line and the events and characters are different and less dramatic.

I did find some details unnecessary, for example when she states every single step (e.g.: with my head resting against a flat pillow covering one armrest of the three-seater couch, and my legs crossed over the armrest on the other side, I outstretch my arms and tense my leg muscles, releasing a long yawn.). It’s nice to describe something, but just not as much; then perhaps I wouldn’t feel guilty of skipping the excessive details.

Personally, I thought the first part was a bit of a spoiler for what’s coming. I’d be taken by total surprise is the story continued the way it is, reaching what’s said in the first part, as events escalate normally; not too fast like falling in love in 2 days, nor too slow like taking a lot of chapters for only 2 days.

However, great job so far. I am actually waiting for an update for TBAI; I want to know the journey of how they reach that point in the story. Don’t add too much details and I hope there’ll be plot twists in the story (realistic ones of course). Update soon (:

Thank you xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.6K 1.1K 45
๐ˆ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐š๐ฒ ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฅ , ๐€๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ฒ๐š๐ก ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ข๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐ญ๐ก ๐ ๐ซ๐š๐๐ž, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก...
139K 7.4K 82
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
53M 377K 65
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
1.5M 3.6K 14
Kwentong iyong magugustuhan