Seat Number Zero

By KunaTheTrash

Shokugeki no soma Fanfic Finally my suspension is over. I wonder how my brother is doing, he just transferred... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 15.5
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 29.5
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Extra Part 1

Part 4

9.5K 267 16
By KunaTheTrash

Isshiki pov

"After her first taste of victory, it seems like she has gotten addicted to Shokuekis" Isshiki explains. "she accepted every shokugeki thrown at her."

She was out of control, so much so that members of the Elite Ten had no choice but to step in. But even after having them join the fray. She has never lost a single battle.

Then again the ones who stepped in weren't actually that strong, the reason why they are members in the first place is because of their financial contributions to the academy. However, they are by no means weak.

In every shokugeki, the term varies, however it seems she had some kind of grudge against the Ten. The deal is always the same: if Yumi loses she will agree to one of the winner requests if the Ten loses, they will lose their seat.

At first, I didn't want to be a part of Yumi's reckless rampage. But I couldn't ignore her after seeing her in person for the first time.

Her height is relatively short, her red hair with black tints reached down to her waist. Her back straight yet shoulders slack, she seems bored and it was evident by the way she walked. Yumi was in no hurry as she walked slowly, her eyes flamed with intimidation, daring anyone to block her path. Her facial expression opposes her eyes, as they showed no emotions, she looked really tired, not just physically, she looked like she's tired of everything.

Yumi at that time wasn't wearing the normal Totsuki uniform. She wore the blazers but underneath she wore her diners uniform also wore black shorts underneath her skirt. She didn't even blink or spare a glance at him as she walked past him. It's like she didn't even see him when they passed each other. This caused me to show some interest in her.

The second time we crossed path she was in her kitchen uniform, again instead of the standard white uniform, hers was all black.
Her long red and black hair tied back into a ponytail. Her eyes seem to have lost a bit of life in them since the last time we met.
Which caused him to pause and show genuine worry for her.

'It seems that she is headed towards her next scheduled Shokugeki.'

All I could think at that time was that this needs to stop otherwise her health will continue to decline until she is completely lifeless.

I stood outside the arena, not at all surprised by her crushing victory, I waited.

"Why did you follow me," was the first thing she said to me. "And please stop looking at me like that."

"What kind of face did you see me make," I replied.

"Answering a question with another question" she grumbled then sighs "pity," she confessed

"What"

"The face you make every time you look at me; pity." She glared at me with pure hatred. "I hate it."

"Does it really look like pity to you?" I said slightly hurt. Sighing, "well it doesn't matter, I am here to challenge you, do a Shokugeki with me."

"You want a Shokugeki?" She shrugged. "When and what theme?"

"Next week, noon, during lunch," he suggested and she nods. "How about you choose the theme this time."

She tilts her head confused, not knowing what to choose since she has never chosen the theme before. "Um... I guess the theme can be lunch."

Not expecting that answer, my chuckles quickly turns into a wholehearted laugh. She just watched as the laughter filled the hallway. She started to fume, as anger begins to fill her eyes along with another emotion she wasn't aware of. Once I calmed down, I watched as the female stomped her feet in frustration.
"What's so funny."

"I'm sorry I just wasn't expecting such an answer." I smiled which left her blushing. But I was too emotional to notice.

*************

Third pov

She showed up not a moment too late nor too early. "you showed up." She said with a hint of surprise in her voice.

"of course, I initiated this challenge in the first place." he smiled.

"This match has been affirmed as an official shokugeki by the administration!" the host spoke through the mic. "does either side have any objections to the conditions put forth."

"if I lose, I will agree to one request made by Isshiki-senpai, and I will do my best to fulfill the said request." she monotoned.

"the same condition goes for me if I lose I shall fulfill a request from you." he also announced.

"let the shokugeki commence" the host announce. "the theme being lunch."

she lazily walked out, towards the storage room to grab her ingredients while he began to prepare his preparations in advance.

She came back with her ingredients, and carefully examins it. He watched her every movement, studying her...

"what is it," she asked, meeting his gaze.

"I was wondering, why do you do this to yourself" she tilts her head confused, so he rephrased his sentence. "when's the last time you enjoyed cooking?"

she stopped her movements momentarily then went back to whatever she was doing.

"I'll tell you." she murmured. "I'll tell you... when you defeat me..." Her voice was quiet, barely audible but he heard her, he heard every word.

As soon as she finished her preparations she tossed her sweater aside, not caring where it landed, revealing her trademark black kitchen uniform. he continues to watch in shock as her eyes shined and narrowed when she tied up her hair with a white ribbon, which contrasts her hair.

Her former lifeless and laid-back attitude and posture disappeared, replaced by someone with flames dancing across her eyes, and a fire set underneath her. The aura around her is intimidating causing anyone near who is half prepared to tremble in fear. He now understands why no one was able to defeat heer, they were all paralyzed and unable to work at their best with such an intense pressure baring its fangs at them.

'I have never underestimated you like those who faced you before me. I will face you head-on without holding anything back. This is how, I'll show my respect to you, as a worthy opponent in the kitchen.'

"It seems Yumi has finished first." the host announces to the crowd. "what kind of dish hs she prepared for the judge. And remember the theme is lunch." He reminded.

"I prepared a bento" Yumi blatantly states, the life in her eyes dimmed tremendously once she took off her headband.

"It seems the challenger Isshiki has also finished with his dish."

"well what a coincidence Yumi," he smiles. "I also made a bento." He too presents his dish in front of the judges.

"why did you choose bento?" she asked him quizzically. "that doesn't really fit with your specialty."

"on the contrary, bentos are also a part of Japanese culture." he states. "besides it's perfect for the theme after all you chose it as well."

"fair enough." She nodded.

******

The results 1-2. Isshiki Satoshi is victorious.

Her eyes widen at the scoreboard unable to fully process the information. "how?" She immediately covered her mouth realizing what she accidentally blurted out.

He just musingly chuckled. "don't mock me" she glared with her golden eyes that shine with anger.

"I notice something about you that I thought it was strange." He gave her a knowing look. "I never once saw you tasted your own food."

her eyes widen slightly at his realization before avoiding his gaze, "I don't know what you are talking about."

"ever once you came to this academy, you've never once suffered a defeat." he states. "until now."

"so? what does that have t do with anything" She is starting to lose her patience.

"your winning streak caused you to look down on your opponent," he said. "in your mind, whether you want to or not, you had yourself believe you will always win and every opponent you face I weaker than you."

"that's ridiculous" she exclaims.

"here," he said holding out the dish he made during their battle. "compare it to yours and then answer my question; when's the last you enjoyed cooking?"

She reluctantly accepts the dish and took a bite. Still upholding her poker face, she looks away before hesitantly answer, "with my brother." She muttered, "And my father too, I miss cooking with them and coming up with a menu together for our diner."

She caught him staring at her, "what is it?"

"that's the first time I saw you smile." He smiled.

she looks away embarrassed. "Well I that's all, I accept defeat." then hurriedly left the arena.

He sighed watching her leave, "I didn't even tell you my request yet..."

********

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

772K 19.6K 56
Yukihira Haru is the twin sister of Yukihira Soma, and also the precious daughter of Jouchiro. Although they are a lovingly family, but when it comes...
2.3M 117K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
964K 27.4K 38
Yoru Hitachiin is the unknown triplet of Hikaru and Kaoru. Mr. and Mrs. Hitachiin got divorced when they were 5, and Yoru went to live with her dad w...
900K 41.3K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...