Territory 18

By onlytheazaleasknow

Summary --- In a futuristic world where mechas are used in the military, Reia is a half blood noble, with a d... More

1. Territory 18
2. Open Your Cockpit
3. Reia Winchester or Mikasa Reia
4. 7th Generation SWORD - Celestine
5. Soldier Training
6. The Boy Who Ran Out of the Gates
7. Against His Wishes
8. Prince's Bodyguards
9. The White Witch of Azalea
10. A Day of Recovering
11. School Days
13. Another Bombshell
14. School Festival - Part One
15. School Festival - Part Two
16. School Festival - Part Three
17. Nostalgia
18. Revelations
19. To the Homeland
20. Knights of Azaleas
21. Knight of Four Junior
22. The Empress' Garden Party
23. The Fate of Three Years
24. An Unwanted Reunion
25. Of Words Said in Half Wakefulness
26. Verdict
27. Learning the Whims of Royals
28. The Job of a Subordinate
29. Rejection
30. Embers of War
31. The Order of the Rhode Knights' Ace
32. Sapphirine
33. On Resort Island Faberlone
34. Mothers Together
35. Summons of His Majesty
36. The Never-ending Rule of Emperor Sylvester
37. Defection from Azalea
38. World Fugitives
39. Things to Settle
40. Meeting the Order of the Rhode Knights
41. Baited
42. After the Escape
43. Territory 1
44. Territory 18 Once Again
45. Hunted Hunters
46. Orphaned
47. Imprisonment
48. Funeral
49. Escape and Rescue
50. Epilogue

12. Convergence in the Homeland

2 0 0
By onlytheazaleasknow

It was one fine morning when Reia awoke in her room in the clubhouse. Ever since the time they returned to school after the Hotel Turuvich incident, Reia had been staying in the clubhouse by request of Princess Aioria. As the Princess was a growing girl, she felt uncomfortable being waited on by the hired aides, letting them touch her and help her with her daily routines like bathing. Thus, Reia was asked to replace the job. It was not like staying around the Princess at all times of the day. It was more like a part time job, in which whenever she bathed, the Princess bathed, whenever she wore her clothes, the Princess wore her clothes. Since it was not much of a hassle as Reia had to do those things for herself too, Reia gladly did it. But it wound up to her staying within the clubhouse together with Prince Alexius and Princess Aioria.

Getting up from her bed, she headed to the bathroom, and did her morning routines. Dressed in her camisole and shorts pajamas, the girl brushed her teeth sleepily. At that moment, another person walked in the bathroom, clad in a set of long sleeved yellow pajamas. Acting on reflex, Reia ended up throwing the Prince's tooth brush like a dagger. Catching the tooth brush between his fingers, the Prince mumbled, "Thanks," in a sleepy manner.

"S-Sorry," she said, shocked wide awake.

"Huh?" the Prince asked still drowsy, taking his cup and standing beside her, by the long sink in the bathroom.

"N-Nothing," Reia said and swiftly left the bathroom, done washing up.

Closing her room door and turning the lock, Reia changed into her school uniform. Straightening her collar, she spared a look at the full length mirror attached to the door of the wardrobe, and noticed her phone blinking with a message in the background. Turning about, she reached and grabbed her phone from the table, flipping it open to have a look at the message.

"Junior Officer Mikasa Reia, you are to report immediately to your post in the 3rd Research Team by 1000 hours today, you will receive further orders when you arrive," or so the message stated. A little bewildered, Reia took a look at the time. It was 0900. She had just a meager hour. Immediately, she grabbed her bag, and emptied it of its school contents. Running about her room, she stuffed all that she needed to report for her military activities into the bag.

Opening her doors, she wondered how she was going to tell Princess Aioria about her sudden leave. Looking at the corridor before her, she found the Prince, shouldering two bags, and pushing Princess Aioria's wheelchair. The two met eyes for a while, and asked, "You were summoned too?" in unison.

"Brother and Miss Reia are really synchronized," she giggled.

"It is not something to laugh about Your Highness," Reia immediately said.

"Alright alright," the Princess still giggled.

"If you have so much time to think up such stuff, help me take this bag," the Prince said and dropped a bag onto the Princess' laps.

"Brother is such a meanie," she complained but took the bag nonetheless.

Reporting to the 3rd Research Team, Reia was briefed that the Emperor had decided to take another Third Rank Imperial Consort, and the Royal children were all to return to the homeland to attend the wedding. Due to the absence of the Viceroys and Vicereines from all the Territories, the military were to stay behind and remain at their strongest, and protect the Territories from the terrorists or other countries invasions.

Sending off Princess Donnia, Prince Alexius, and Princess Aioria together with their accompanying troops, Reia wondered who the lucky girl was this time. Since she was a young girl, she had been watching television runs of the Emperor marrying beautiful girls as his Imperial Consorts. However, as the years went by, the Emperor grew older, but the girls were still as young and as beautiful. Doing a quick calculation, the Emperor was already forty six.

According to the records, the Emperor married the Empress and Imperial Consort Abigail when he was 16. It was rumored at that time the Emperor's real love was actually Consort Abigail, but the Consort's birth right was not as good as the Empress, and thus the Empress became the main wife. When the Emperor had already ascended the throne, he met a young lady known as Lady Marilyn Arcand who became an important part of his life. At the age of 25, he married the young lady who was 18 at that time, and she was the mother of Prince Alexius and Princess Aioria who unfortunately died after giving birth to Princess Aioria.

Alexius being Alexius was extremely reluctant to attend his father's wedding, and had to force Princess Donnia to get people to attempt to lift him onto the transport vessel before actually walking on himself.

Just as the transport vessel took off, in less than an hour, the alarms rang. The terrorists were attacking, hoping to catch the military unprepared immediately after sending off the Vicereine. Hopping onto Celestine, Reia noticed a sudden ease in using Celestine.

"Mr Leon! Your alterations are great!" Reia said excitedly over the communicator.

"Ah, glad you like it. It took me and Amelia quite an amount of work," Mr Leon was clearly happy with the praise Reia was giving him.

Heading out, Reia knew she was going to have to do well. Eliminating her enemies out in the field, she felt exhilarated with the new additions to Celestine. Tugging hard against the handles, she swung her sword about, and plunged it into the joints of her enemies' machines.

By the time the enemy retreated, Reia was still overflowing with energy. Returning to Hangar 01, she sat on the cushioned bench remaining on standby while the staff replenished Celestine. Taking her bottle, she sagged leftwards and lowered her head onto the bench, sipping the water like a baby drinking from a milk bottle.

On and off, the enemies attacked, as Reia watched snippets of the wedding at her free time. As reported, the girl was just sixteen turning seventeen, but she was beautiful all the same. Feeling slightly jealous of the new Consort's sheltered life, Reia threw herself into work.

Five days later, Reia had already fought in eight small battles, three medium scale battles, and a single long drawn large scale battle, adding fourteen won battles under her belt, perfectly defending Territory 18, as new of the other Territories losing some ground to the attacks that were placed against them especially Territory 17, with the Free Nations Federations main operating base situated there.

As she had expected, she was tired. Being continually on duty for five days straight, fighting battle after battle with at most three hours of break between. Laying down on 'her' spot on the bench which became 'her' spot over the span of the five days since she hogged it during the breaks, Reia closed her eyes for a while wondering when will Alexius return so that she could return to her more or less normal life of a school student.

The new Consort was indeed a blushing new bride. Watching the reruns of the wedding, she found Prince Alexius scowling as the ceremony went on. It was only when the camera was focused on him, then he revealed a brilliant smile as a Prince should. As the media was trying to earn some profit using the wedding, they produced many specials, introducing people to the Consorts of the Emperor, and his children, giving the current situation of the Imperial Palace, like which Consort was expecting and when she was due, and their predictions of the new addition of the new Consort, what rank was she to be given, where will she live and all sorts.

As the broadcasting went on, Reia fell into a tired slumber.

It was another two days later, which the rank of the new Consort was released to the media. She was given the rank of Third Rank Imperial Consort, and the people were to address her as Imperial Consort Third Rank Catherine ve Azalea. Unable to bring herself to smile at this new due to her extreme fatigue, all Reia wished was for a bed and a proper sleep of at least seven hours. Instead over the past few days, all she got were just battles that lasted seven hours. Sitting in the cockpit of Celestine, Reia struggled to keep her eyes open.

"Sleeping in the cockpit?" came the smooth voice of an extreme familiarity, which lowered all her guard, and made her think that there would be no more battles.

"What?" the girl asked in a coarse voice, in her state of extreme tiredness.

"Are you not going to come out and welcome us back, Miss Reia?" a young girl's voice asked.

"No..." she shook her head, "Sleep..." she trailed off, and her eyes closed.

"Sigh, and there she goes into lala land," the Prince sighed over the communicator. Jumping down, the Prince got the staff to open the cockpit, and they retrieved the deeply sleeping Reia.

"Reia has been on duty ever since the day Your Highnesses left, please excuse her behavior," Miss Amelia said with an apologetic tone.

When Reia awoke, she was immediately dragged to attend an address by Princess Donnia. "The Emperor will hear of this good news," came Princess Donnia's voice, "You all have done well protecting Territory 18 in my absence. You have my gratitude," the Princess nodded at the troops lined up neatly before her, with Reia still drowsily standing at the corner of the contingent.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 911 7
[Discontinued] After dying in prison because an experiment, I went back 2 years before my death. My faith in the Imperial Family, my affection for m...
1M 51.3K 73
‟Tonight shall be the first and last night that we spend together, Gianita, for I do not intend to produce heirs by this marriage. The Prince would s...
5.2K 420 31
Sequel to "Escape from the Witch Hunters" Jack kept walking towards her and Ami kept backing up until finally she hit the wall. "Why are you doing th...
32.4K 1.4K 26
On a quiet Spring morning, Avila awoke in her casket, six months after her death. By some miracle, she was suddenly alive, with no memory of her past...