Ocean Eyes

By sarcxsticmess

A merman. A mythical creature. The most handsome of them all. The male equivalent of a mermaid. Aria Davidso... More

o c e a n e y e s
c h a p t e r o n e
c h a p t e r t w o
c h a p t e r t h r e e
c h a p t e r f o u r
c h a p t e r f i v e
c h a p t e r s i x
c h a p t e r s e v e n
c h a p t e r e i g h t
c h a p t e r n i n e
c h a p t e r t e n
c h a p t e r t w e l v e
c h a p t e r t h i r t e e n
c h a p t e r f o u r t e e n
c h a p t e r f i f t e e n
c h a p t e r s i x t e e n
c h a p t e r s e v e n t e e n
c h a p t e r e i g h t e e n
c h a p t e r t w o : s t o r m
c h a p t e r n i n e t e e n
c h a p t e r t w e n t y
s n e a k p e a k : c h a p t e r t w e n t y o n e
#BlackLivesMatter
c h a p t e r t w e n t y o n e
c h a p t e r t w e n t y t w o
c h a p t e r t w e n t y t h r e e

c h a p t e r e l e v e n

49.8K 2.1K 761
By sarcxsticmess

Now, I think it was safe to say that I'm freaking out.

He had the same mark, in the same place as mine.

Unless we were both drunk yesterday and got matching tattoos together, I don't see any other logical explanation to why we both have it.

I looked at him, my mouth, slightly ajar.

His eyes glowed in the slight darkness of the aquarium, and he was looking at me with shock and yet understanding seeped into his expression.

He knew.

He knew exactly what was happening.

But his face held other expressions as well.

Unknown emotions were swimming in the depths of the two oceans of his eyes.

As if he wanted to hide the truth from me.

I slowly shook my head.

Wow Aria, attention deprived? Not everything revolves around you.

Why was I suddenly acting like this?

Just because he created some stupid connection with me doesn't mean I get to act like a jealous girlfriend.

I wasn't usually like this. I didn't even know how to read people's emotions, but with him, with Storm, it was so much different.

Oh god, now I'm sounding like a cliche book character.

My expression changed into one that said I need an explanation.

His expression hardened.

And then I walked away.

Yesterday night was not a dream.

~

" What would you like to order," the waitress said in a neutral tone.

I looked at Olivia.

Her hazel eyes were scanning the absurdly long menu of the cafe. Her eyebrows were furrowed slightly as if the decision she was about to make was something that would change her life.

Which isn't wrong.

"Give us a few more minutes," I said looking back at the waitress standing in front of us.

She smiled at us and walked away.

" What are you getting?" asked Olivia.

"I'm getting the burger."

Her eyes shot up to meet mine and her expression changed to a miserable one.

" No fair, you got a fast metabolism, I can't have myself eat those stuff without gaining ten pounds" Olivia whined.

" No trust me, I look at a bag of chips and gain ten pounds. But I keep telling myself that I still have four months to get a summer body. That's a lot of time."

She laughed softly. I smiled.

A comfortable silence went over our table like a blanket.

"Anyways..." Olivia started.

I took my glass of water and felt the cold liquid slide down my throat.

" Don't you think that the merman is hot?"

I spewed the water from my mouth.

Nearby tables turned around and looked at us with a weirded out look.

I mumbled apologies underneath my breath as I used the napkin to clean the mess I made on the table.

I looked back at Olivia.

She had the curious look on her face, like a child wondering about the wonders of the world.

Except, in this case, it wasn't normal.

" Olivia?! What the heck?!" I cried out, embarrassed.

She looked at me as if she was offended.

"What? Have you seen him? He looks like an Abercrombie and Fitch model. Hell, he may be hotter than all of them"

My eyes widened.

I think this would be a good time to mention that this girl was not boy crazy, but a boy maniac.

" He's not even human! Who knows what he could do to us?"

" That's the thing! With him, it's like Twilight... but a wet version. That's what she said by the way." She winked.

I slammed my head into my hand in disappointment.

This girl.

" So, what do you think?" She asked again, trying to make me cooperate with her.

" I am not answering that question!" I cried out.

She backed away a little into her chair and raised her arms in surrender.

" No need to get offended, I'm not going to make fun of your little fantasies." she teased.

My eyes widened and blood rushed to my face.

" See? You're even blushing! I knew it" she exclaimed.

I looked down in disappointment and sighed.

Olivia was impossible.

When she noticed my expression, she sobered up.

"Fine, we can talk about something else..." Olivia said, slightly upset.

"Thank you!"

" Your welcome," she said with a smile.

I shook my head.

She needs a doctor.

" How are the experiments with the merman though?"

I glared at her slightly.

" I thought we were done with that topic.," I said coldly.

" Just answer my question, Ice Queen," Olivia whined slightly.

" Why are you so curious about him anyway?" I asked.

" You still didn't answer my question!"

I sighed again, in defeat.

She isn't going to let it go unless I tell her.

" The only reason why I'm even a part of those experiments was that the merman created some spiritual connection with me"

She raised her brows.

" What do you mean by that? How do you know?"

" At first, I was the only person he would interact with without putting them into a 'coma'. Then Doctor Shaun took advantage of that and asked me to be apart of the experiment," I started.

Olivia had that expecting look in her eyes as if encouraging me to continue the story.

" I was so confused about why this creature didn't harm me, so I agreed."

She furrowed her dark red brows.

" That is strange. You know one of the girls he put to 'sleep' was Stacey. I talked to her sister and she said that she was in this 'asleep' state. Everything was fine with her health. The doctors themselves were confused to why and how he did it." Olivia explained.

Stacey was a worker at the aquarium. I never talked to her much, but she seemed very kind. She didn't deserve this.

Her sister was the other receptionist, Stella, and Olivia and she became friends.

" I was almost put in a coma by the merman as -"

I was interrupted.

Olivia's mouth dropped.

" What?! And when were you planning on telling me? I'm your best friend, and no one told me about this?!"

Now it was my turn to be surprised.

" What do you mean? You didn't know?"

She shook her head.

Ok... Now I got to explain the whole mess to her.

" The scientists decided to have me participate in the experiment as I said earlier, and it was the first session. The merman started singing, I fell into a 'coma' and woke up with a spiritual connection with him" I finished.

" Wow. You're the only one who woke up after?" Olivia asked.

I nodded.

She let out a harsh long breath and looked at me.

" How does the connection look like?" she asked.

" Dr. Shaun showed me the x-rays of both the creature and me. While he had this blue light all over his body with the heart being the brightest point, I had a very faint one around my heart." I explained.

She was looking at me with a slightly open mouth and wide eyes.

" Do you know why he chose you?"

I looked down and my mouth snarled in cringe.

" No," I started and looked back up to meet her eyes. " Ugh, I don't know what to feel about this! It's a huge mess!".

Olivia's eyes filled with sympathy as they stared into my brown eyes.

" I can't imagine what you are going through right now! I wish I could help." She said.

I sighed.

I wish she could too.

~

I turned on the lights as I dropped my backpack on the wooden floor of my house.

Light enveloped the whole room and I winced as my eyes started to adjust to my surroundings.

I sighed as I walked into the house and away from the door and my backpack.

My shoulders were slumped as I jumped on the couch.

I let a breath of relief escape my lips as my body molded into the comfortable sofa.

I found one of the books that I started reading sitting on the little table between me and the television.

It was laying face down, opened to the last page I read it from.

I grabbed it and looked at it, debating if I should continue reading or not, then put it back on the table.

I felt like doing absolutely nothing.

I laid down on the couch and looked at the blank white ceiling.

Wow, so interesting.

My butt buzzed underneath me, and I got my phone from my pocket absentmindedly.

Dad - I'm going to come home late today. Don't wait for me :)

I sent him a quick text and checked the time.

7: 13 pm.

I got plenty of time by myself before Dad comes.

Everybody else would probably jump to the opportunity of being alone in the house and do whatever they want.

It was different with me.

Since Mom died, Dad would spend more time at work to stop thinking about her death. I would be alone, always taking care of only myself.

I guess I just wanted Dad to be home so I could spend more time with him.

Even though he started trying to be more in my life recently, I still miss the times where Dad always carried a smile on his face.

Now he has the expression of a tired man, the light in his eyes only slightly brightening when he sees me.

I know I shouldn't even think about these things because then I would be a hypocrite as well.

Everybody changed after Mom's death.

Including me.

I didn't realize that I was staring at the black screen of the TV this entire time, so I sat up and looked away for my eyes to meet the window.

The wind gently swayed the curtains, as if the drapes were dancing together to a slow and lovely tune.

It was already dark outside; the sun disappeared as it went to shine brightly on the other side of the world.

I felt something tickle my ear.

" I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

I screamed as my head turned around to meet the intruder.

I grabbed the nearest pillow and slammed it on his head.

I repeatedly hit his face with the nude colored pillow I had in hand.

"Ow... Ow... Stop it!" His melodic voice hit my ears.

I didn't stop.

He grabbed my left hand in his warm one and snatched the pillow away.

His mesmerizing blue eyes met mine.

" Why the hell did you do that, asshole?!" I screamed at him.

He looked like he was seconds from laughing his pretty ass off.

I huffed and crossed my arms.

" Remind me to never scare you again. That pillow hurts," he mentioned with a small pout on his lips.

He freaking pouted.

I rolled my eyes and stood up from the couch.

He observed every action I made and the sight of the two beautiful oceans trapped in his eyes punched the air from my lungs.

He had a big smile on his face as he looked at me.

My eyes narrowed.

" Why did you come here?" I asked, heading to the kitchen.

What, I'm hungry.

" Why, am I not allowed to visit you?" he said, feigning innocent.

I snorted.

" Visit me? I barely know you and you came here without me knowing. That's trespassing private property," I stated.

" I'm not human, those rules don't apply to me," he ended with a smile.

I scoffed.

" Yeah they do, Storm," I said.

His eyes left mine and started observing me making a sandwich.

" What are you doing?" he asked, intrigued.

I looked at him funnily.

" Making food. I'm hungry. Do you want me to make you a sandwich?" I asked.

He looked at me questioningly.

" Does that sandwich include dead anchovies?" he asked while smirking and waiting for my reaction.

Wait...

I felt my cheeks warm up at the statement.

He was referring to my attempt of feeding him the fish all the sea animals ate.

" Hey! You can't use that against me! What else was I supposed to give you?" I protested.

" Nothing," he stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

" What do you mean nothing? Don't you have to eat to live?" I asked in a "duh" tone.

He still had the stupid smirk on his face as he shook his head.

" What do you mean? How do you survive then?!" I exclaimed.

" We ... extract energy from living things," my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"How?" I asked.

" Watch."

He stood up and walked to the only plant that I kept alive the longest.

I swear to god if he kills it...

He made a u-shape with his hand towards the plant.

From the side, I saw his expression full of concentration, not a single sign that he was joking around a few seconds ago.

And then something out of a Harry Potter novel happened.

A green bright light appeared around the plant and then went inside his hand; as if his outstretched hand was a sponge.

The light continued to fly towards him until it dulled down to dark green and then disappeared.

His head turned to mine, but the only thing my head could register was :

" You killed Petunia," I said, my eyes blank.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

" I killed who?" he asked.

"Petunia; my plant."

Yes, I named that plant. It held a special place in my heart.

He looked at the plant.

" Oh. Sorry?" he tried.

I sighed and looked in his eyes.

I noticed his eyes glowing against his tan skin.

" So you can't eat normal food?"

" Yes, I can except it doesn't really do anything to me," he stated.

" Have you ever tried a sandwich?"

IM HEEEEEEEERRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

YAY!! WOOHOO!! IM STILL ALIVE!!!

im really sorry that i didn't update AT ALL last week but hopefully i can make up for it for this longer chapter than usual.

i have one announcement to make before we part though.

one of my very good friends @Bribear0420, has started writing a book, yet is discouraged and doesn't want to continue writing it. WE ARE NOT LETTING THIS HAPPEN!

go check out her story and give her love and support.

LOVE ALL OF YOU AND UNTIL NEXT TIME!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 8.3K 26
Edited In a vast and mysterious land where no human can reach and only aquatic being had put eyes upon. Under all the darkness and the mysteries of t...
17 0 1
LILY; A COLLEGE STUDENT MEETS a stuttering MYSTERIOUS MERMAN after an attempt drowning imposed by an old bully. The relationship between a stuttering...
5.5K 583 20
My whole life I dedicated to discovering the secrets of the ocean, but when one day I encounter a merman I think I might be losing my mind. Except it...
804K 6.9K 10
Historical romance about a human girl and a merman. BOOK SAMPLE, FULLY AVAILABLE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED FOR FREE! [Preview] A long arm snaked around her...