Fall Down Seven Times, Stand...

By tayypeace

More

Fall Down Seven Times, Stand Up Eight.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 15

36 1 0
By tayypeace

Hey guys sorry we haven't updated in a while. So you guys really seem to like my former-editor, Abby's chapters. Well I have some news. We got into an arguement and we are no longer speaking.... JUST KIDDING NOW WE'RE CO- WRITERS WEEEEHOOOOOOO. Yayayayayay! We are both super pumped and the rest of the chapters will be efforts from the both of us. As you may have noticed, we will be updating less because we just started school and we are both taking extremely difficult classes, so we need to focus on that, too. But here you go, my lovelies! -Tayy, beetcchh.

We touched down in Australia and I was as tense as ever. I didn't know whether I should tell Harry or not. Obviously, I knew he wasn't actually cheating on me, but the rest of the public eye didn't know that. It still hurt a little bit to know that he had kissed Megan, I kind of had a little bit of feelings for him.. possibly. 

Harry was playing with my hands as we waited to get off the plane.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked, gently pulling my head into the crook of his neck.

I wasn't usually one to keep secrets. I told it how it was. 

"Nothing." I lied.

We made our way through the the terminal to a limo to take us to our hotel. The boys were discussing something and I clung to Harry, not paying attention to what they were saying. The magazine was all I could think about. I'm sure it was spreading like wildfire, making the cover of every gossip magazine.

"Right, Ry?" Harry asked, tugging on my arm. He snapped me out of my dazed thought.

"Huh?" I asked, a little embarrassed. All of the boys were staring at me.

"We don't mind sharing a bed?" He repeated, staring at me.

I forced a smile. "Oh yeah! Sure! I don't mind!" I said.

Harry grinned at me and kissed me on the forehead.

I knew what I had to do.

As soon as we checked into the hotel, the rest of the boys went to go sleep the jet lag off.  I snuck out and dialed Simon's number.

"Simon Cowell." He answered as we picked up the phone.

"Simon.. hey. It's Ryann. Moran." I said uneasily.

"Hello, Ryann how can I help you?" He asked.

"Well. Um, has Harry's publicist reached out to you or anything in the last few hours?" I started.

"No, she hasn't. Why?" He responded. His voice was growing serious.

"A picture leaked of him at this party kissing this girl. And it basically said that it was cheating on me." I said, finally.

The other side of the phone was silent.

That couldn't be a good sign.

"Oh no." Simon said, stating the obvious. Oh yes.

"Er. Meet me at 8 tomorrow in the lobby of your hotel with Harry." He said curtly.

"Wait Simon! Harry doesn't know!" I protested.

The line went dead.

7 long sleepless hours later I got up and got ready for the day. All the makeup in the world couldn't fix my sleep deprived face.

I gently shook Harry awake. He moaned and rolled over, pulling me on top of him.

"Good morning, gorgeous." He greeted me with a sleepy smile.

A sad smile washed over my face. He wasn't going to be this happy for long.

"Hi, handsome. We have a meeting with Simon at 8 today." I told him as I got off from him, allowing him to get up.

He wasn't wearing anything but briefs. I cringed and looked away.

"Pants." I said, shielding my eyes. I was not looking to see that in the morning.

He laughed. "On it." He replied.

"You're safe." He told me in amusement.

I peeked through my eyes and saw he wasn't lying.

"You're like a five year old." He snickered, jokingly.

"If I'm like a five year old then maybe you should just carry me everywhere." I shot back, a flirty glint in my eye.

"If you insist." He replied with a mock sigh, lifting me up by my butt as I wrapped my legs around his torso.

He planted the lightest kiss on my mouth and grinned at me.

As I leaned in to kiss him more he backed away the slightest bit.

I pulled back, insulted that he would reject my kiss. My expression softened when I saw him giving me a flirty look.

"I think it's just a little bit illegal for me to kiss a five year old." He kidded.

I dropped my legs from his waist, causing his hands to move away from my butt.

"Fine. Have it your way." I said, trying to hide my smile as I sauntered out of the hotel room.

I heard the pounding of foot steps and felt something grab me from behind, throwing me over his shoulder. He continued walking as he pretended not to notice him carrying me. I laughed the whole way, taunting him.

When he took me down to the lobby in the elevator, he walked out while I was still lying face down on his shoulder, my feet flailing in the air.

"Harry! I swear I'm staying five feet away from you for the rest of the day! One for each year you claim I've lived."

My laughing suddenly stopped. He froze and he was silent, not coming back with a flirty response or slapping my butt like he usually does. He gently put me down and I turned around and saw Simon.

"Oh. Hi Simon!" I said, feeling in a good mood today.

"Well, hello to you, too." I heard an annoying voice say. I turned and saw Megan. Any trace of a smile that was on my face went away immedietly.

"Hi, Megan." I said, staring at the ground.

Instinctively, Harry's strong arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"We are all here regarding the magazine incident." Simon declared bluntly. I winced.

"What magazine incident..?" Harry questioned, even slower than usual.

He turned towards me this time. "What, magazine incident, Ryann." He asked, not kidding around.

"This." Simon said, gritting his teeth. He handed Harry the cover of a magazine showing the picture of him and Megan blown up on the front. "This is just one of the many."

"Shit." Harry cursed under his breath. He closed his eyes in what I assumed was frustration or regret.

I looked up at Megan, who had her arms crossed and was rolling her eyes. She acted as if she was at elementary school in the principal's office.

News flash, barbie. This was much much worse.

"It was a drunk mistake." She said, dragging out the word mistake, locking eyes with Harry.

"Good." replied Simon. "So the three of you have a press conference later today."

Harry and Megan groaned. I just blinked.

I had never been to a press conference before, and truthfully I wasn't even sure what happened there. However based on their reactions, it wasn't an enjoyable experience.

"The story is that nothing is going on between Harry and Megan, which is true.  Harry and Ryann are in love, which is true as well." He said.

I gave Harry a knowing look, but he stared at Simon, intrigued.  I quickly attempted to pretend nothing happened, when I realized Megan was still present.  As far as she knew, Harry and I were the it couple of Hollywood.

"The picture isn't of Harry. It's of another curly haired guy you met at the Oscars party. Lucky for us, Harry changed before he went to the Oscars and there are no pictures of his wardrobe. So, the public thinks you were wearing what you wore to the awards, so that picture couldn't possibly be with you.  It's just those damn tabloids." Simon told us.

His assisted handed us each a coffee as we were shooed out the door to the limo. I guess the plan sounded convincing enough.

When we showed up to a sleek looking building, I walked numbly, almost unaware of what was happening.  I had never had to be in front of this big of a crowd before, and I was not ready.  I was wearind a racerback tank top that revealed my tattoo and I sighed, realizing that it would be in the gossip magazines in a matter of hours. Everyone would somehow relate it to Harry, and it bothers me that it means so much more than that.

Harry flexed his arms behind his shoulders and inhaled. This must be pretty overwhelming for him, too. 

Megan walked into the building casually, strolling right up to the front desk.

They directed her to the room of the press conference and we got to the outside door.

Harry turned around just before we walked in, causing me to bump into his chest.  We could hear the reporters from outisde the room.

"Let me do the talking, okay, Ryann? Don't worry about it, love." He told me, gently playing with my hair (which I don't normally let ANYONE do).

I nodded dreamily. He was so intoxicating.

I pushed back my shoulders and walked in confidently, giving a smile to the press. It was extremely intimidating to say the least. Immedietly, the whole room went silent as Harry's agent took the microphone.

I tuned out as he droned on and on about whatever he was talking about.

I felt like my mind was a shaken up beehive. A million thoughts kept rushing through my head too fast to even process them.

Before I knew it, the agent put down the microphone and the press began to attempt to catch our eye or talk to us, raising their hands. Was this really happening? Was I really here right now?

"Yes." Harry declared, finally picking one of the many journalists who had their microphones pointed towards us.

"Harry Styles, is it true that you are leaving One Direction to pursue a solo career?" the woman asked, raising her eyebrow in question.

Harry gave a slight chuckle. "No. That is just a rumour. I am very happy with my current job and being a member of One Direction and I plan to stay for a long while." he explained.

The reporters asked similar questions to Harry and Megan and I sat, not speaking. So far, so good.

Finally, someone picked a reporter to turned to me.

"Ryann, is it true that Harry cheated on you with Megan?"

I froze, trying to remember the story Simon had said. They had asked the question we came here to answer and it seemed like it was up to me to clear Harry's name.

"No. It is not true." I replied. It was the safest response I could think of.

Exhaling in relief, the reporter made it very evident that he was not finished. Adjusting his designer hipster glasses, he moved his microphone closer to the elevated table where we sat.

"Then how do you explain the picture of them kissing at the Oscars after party?" He pressed.

I felt my cheeks begin to heat up. Being under pressure like this was really nerve racking. I attempted to recall what Simon had told us to tell the journalists, but I wasn't paying much attention at the time. I figured it would be Harry or Megan to answer this question, technically I had nothing to do with the scandal.

I looked over at Harry for help, but his eyes just urged me on, not showing any hint of attempting to explain for me.

Clothes. Something happened with clothes.

"It wasn't him." I responded, finally. It may be vague, but it answered the question.

"Then who was it?" The reporter kept asking, persistently.

"I'm not sure, but Harry was with me the whole night. He wasn't even wearing that." I said more confidently this time, I was finally remembering the alibi that Simon came up with.

"Who was it, Megan?" Asked a person in the crowd who was holding a voice recorder.

"John Kyle." Megan responded quickly. "A friend from back in my home town of Texas." She fixed her bleached extensions and looked at her nail buds, seemingly uninterested.

After many questions about Harry and Megan's careers and the whole cheating scandal, the press was satisfied and our time was up. Harry got up out of his seat, exhaustion circling around his eyes.

Grabbing my hand, he smiled and leaned over to whisper in my ear. "We're safe now, let's go grab some dinner."

I nodded, lovestruck as ever. Something about the way he talked to me led me to be like putty in the palm of his hand.

We took a cab to a fancy Italian restaurant and met the rest of the guys and some guys from the band along with some crew members. Everyone seemed to be laughing and drinking and having a good time.

"Ryann!" Josh slurred his words, pulling me in for a tight hug. I laughed and Harry watched, amused as he tried to talk to me.

"How's my main girl?" He asked.

"You're so hood." I replied, playfully rolling my eyes.

"Hood. That's good." He said, thoughtfully. He was so drunk. He kept repeating it, speaking gibberish.

Harry practically doubled over laughing as Josh grabbed my hand and attempted to pull me back to sit near him, knocking over almost every glass on the table.

"Stealing my lovely date, eh Josh?" Harry bantered as he took my hand and led me to an open seat.

"Uh. Yeah. What? Okay." Josh said as he began to giggle like a little girl. It soon escalated into a big hearty laugh due to absolutely nothing. He got the whole table laughing and teasing him. We joked and ate as Zayn and Niall made their way to the bar across the street, downing shot after shot after shot.

Harry and I, both completely tired, got up to go home. We needed a good night's sleep and we were both totally jet lagged.

Harry and I hadn't had a sip of alchohol all night, but we were tipsy with love.

He picked me up to give me a piggy back ride as Zayn ran out of the bar, screaming at the top of his lungs.

"CLUB!!! CLUB!!! CLUB!!!" He chanted, waving his hands in the air as I assumed he sprinted to a club a couple blocks away.

Harry cocked his head to the side so he could look at me. "We better go get him before he hurts himself." He joked as he started to pick up the pace, eventually running down to the club, veering left and right as I was on his back.

I shrieked as he jolted to unexpected tops and took really bouncy steps, struggling to stay on.

At once, I released and he dropped me while we were a few doors down from the club. He turned and looked me in the eyes.

"There's nothing I love more than spending time with you, Megan." He told me, looking deep in my eyes. I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him sweetly. He made my heart melt, there was no denying it.

As we both pulled away, he hugged me, massaging my neck. "We should go get Zayn." He said.

"Mmm." I replied, sleepily. I could pass out at any moment.

As we were waiting in line to get into the club, Zayn exited, holding Perrie's hand.

"I didn't know Perrie was in Australia!" I exclaimed.

"What." Harry said, more as a statement. Zayn and Perrie began sloppily kissing each other.

"That's not Perrie." Harry said, angrily. I took a closer look, no longer tired.

Zayn was groping a girl with obvious, long, bleached extentions.

Holy shit, where did all of this drama come from?

Zayn was hooking up with none other than Megan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like