save the world, princess. [ki...

By emotionalsunflcwer

❝Don't ever forget. Wherever you go... I'm always with you.❞ ― kingdom hearts x reader insert ! More

clé.
un.
deux.
trois.
cinq.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SORA!!
six.
sept.
huit.
neuf.
dix.
onze.
douze.

quatre.

2K 57 39
By emotionalsunflcwer

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Your new friend, Kairi, had hold of your wrist as she lead you down to the beach, running at a quick pace, eager to introduce you to her "friend" Sora. She quickly made her way down the steps, you in her grasp as she let out excited giggles. 

"Sora!" She shouted for the boy from what you could see was a slender teenager with spiky brown hair, peach skin, and blue eyes. His attire reminded you of Mickey Mouse's, someone you missed a lot as well. The boy had a red jumpsuit with puffy shorts with a long zipper, white gloves with blue, black and yellow straps, and large black-and-yellow shoes. In addition, he wore a black hoodie with white sleeves and a blue inside over his jumpsuit and a loose blue belt with a crown-chain hanging on the left side of his shorts. 

His hands rested behind his head as he seemed to be snoozing, you were about to suggest the both of you leave him to sleep, but the girl released your wrist and went to awaken him. 

She turned to look back at you and put her finger to her lips, indicating for you to not make a noise. You stood back, a bit of three feet away from the two as Kairi let out a giggle, kneeling right above the boy's head, and leaned over, her violet eyes staring at his closed ones.

The boy, unaware of her presence, let out a yawn as he sat up. But as he laid himself back down, he realized he was resting in someone's lap, and so, he opened his eyes where his were met with Kairi's. 

"WOAH!" He shot up, his legs swinging as they slammed into the sand. 

Kairi giggled, closing her eyes as she did so due to Sora being so funny,. . . and cute. 

"Give me a break, Kairi-" He turned to face her, until he caught sight of you, standing there awkwardly with a bashful smile on your face. 

"Sora, you lazy bum! I knew that i'd find you snoozing down here." Kairi teased, until she realized he was no longer paying attention to her, but to the beautiful girl behind her. 

"Oh, that's my new friend, her name is [Y/N]." She walked over to you, placing a hand on your shoulder, gesturing you to greet Sora.

"[Y/N], this is Sora. He's the one I was telling you about." Kairi introduced, as Sora rose to his feet, brushing himself off. 

"Hey, nice to meet you." He grinned sheepishly, walking over to you and offering you his hand, you smiled and shook it, accepting the gesture. 

"Nice to meet you too!" You responded. Sora smiled at you, it was true, just like everyone else, he thought you were beautiful, but of course he hadn't had the courage to tell you. Besides, you just met, he felt as though it was too forward and didn't, in any way, want to make you feel uncomfortable. 

Kairi squealed, clapping her hands together, happy knowing she had made two people meet and maybe even begin a friendship. 

"Sora, why were  you sleeping on the beach?" She asked, as if she was suspicious. 

"No! This huge, black, THING swallowed me up! I couldn't breathe, I couldn't-" 

"Exactly! [Y/N] here says she had a dream just like that." 

"Wait, you had that dream too?" Sora asked, turning his head to look at you. You nodded, 

"Yeah! The exact same thing happened to me, I had to fight this big monster, and there were little creatures with yellow eyes I had to fight. I feel bad for killing them. . ., but they turned into-" You were caught by surprise when Sora said the exact same thing you intended to.

"Black puffs of smoke." You both said in unison, and immediately, your mouths dropped open in shock. 

"What was that place. . .? So bizarre. . ." Sora commented, looking down in confusion. 

"I know. . ., I wonder if anyone else had that dream. I hope not, no one should have to go through that." You placed your hand under your chin as your leg crossed over the other.  

Kairi snorted, "Yeah, sure." She said, placing her arms behind her back as she walked over to the shoreline. She felt a little jealousy in the back of her head. Sure, she had known Sora longer than you, but the two of you were clicking quickly. 

"Say, Kairi, what was your hometown like? You know, where you grew up." 

Kairi giggled, "I've told you before, I don't remember."

"...Nothing at all?" 

"Nothing."

"What about you, [Y/N]? Do you remember?" The sudden question caught you by surprise, but you answered anyway.

"Yeah, I was taken care of, and everything was fun all the time." You responded as Sora nodded.

"You ever want to go back?" 

Kairi hummed, "Well, i'm happy here," Kairi responded.

"Really...?" Sora questioned. 

"But you know. . ., I wouldn't mind going to see it." Kairi said.

"I'd like to see it too!" Sora agreed.

"See what? If it's okay to ask." You curiously questioned, unknowing of the topic the two had gotten themselves wrapped in.

"Kairi and I want to see other worlds!" Sora responded to your question quickly and kindly, leaving you appreciative. 

"So do I. My whole life, i've wanted to know what's out there, I long to see other worlds and take on adventures with friends of mine, but, no one I know seems to like the idea of leaving their own to see others." You sighed, rubbing your arm, as Sora and Kairi exchanged a glance.

"We do!" They said in unison. 

You giggled, "Great! Maybe one day. . ." 

"One day? What are we waiting for?" Kairi interrupted you.

"Well, our loved ones. . ., I would feel upset leaving behind those I care about." You stated, wasn't it obvious to them? Were they not aware of those they were leaving?

"Yeah. . ., but we can always come back!" Kairi squeaked, walking along the shoreline. "You know, [Y/N] is kind of right. . ., I would miss some of my friends here, and my mom and dad!" Sora agreed, taking a minute to comprehend your words. 

You nodded, however, seeing as the mood dropped, you decided to encourage the idea of traveling once more. 

"But, you'd get to meet new friends, see new creatures and amazing new sights, try some new foods, and see how others live their lives different to ours!" You twirled dreamily, sighing. 

"Hey, [Y/N], you should come with us!" Kairi offered out of the blue, as you ceased your twirling, a light giggle escaping your lips from the entertainment you brought yourself.

"Oh, as much as I want to accept, Destiny Islands is my home and I can't just leave everyone who cares about me. . ." You turned down the idea gently, seeing the girl's face fall.

"I'm sorry. . ." You rubbed your arm awkwardly, as Kairi nodded, Sora didn't seem to mind all that much, he respected your choice and he knew he'd decline as well if someone he had barely known an hour offered him to run away. 

"It's just. . ." Kairi started. "Riku and Sora outnumber me, and it'd be fun to have a girl in our group, so I could talk about things I like with that girl." She clasped her hands together in a disappointed manner.

You felt for her, and you'd more than anything, love to grow closer with her as that was one of your goals in life, but her offering you to run away with them was too soon. How had they been okay with leaving everyone of their close ones behind? How would they even survive in other worlds without knowing what it had in store for them? 

Your thoughts were interrupted when you heard a youthful male voice call out for your new friends. 

"Sora! Kairi!" 

You watched a tall, attractive, muscular teenager with pale skin and turquoise blue eyes with silver hair approach the three of you. He wore a vest that had a yellow collar and was yellow in the front and black on the sides and back. The vest had two black crisscrossing straps that went over his chest and on his upper back that were trimmed with white and had a white stud on each end. Just above each of the male's wrists were tight black bracelets and on his hands were black and gray gloves that reached just to the base of his thumb. He wore a black belt with a silver rectangular buckle high on his waist which secured his dark blue-gray pants. His pants were mostly covered by blue wading pants held up by black straps almost identical to the ones on his vest, except they were each layered and had more studs, as well as not being crisscrossed. The wading pants were tightened at the ankle with small black belts. His shoes were white and blue, with some yellow strings on the inner sides, some of which crisscrossed each other. The shoes each had two black straps with white trim and gray soles.

"Aren't you guys forgetting about me?" A smirk plastered on his face as he held a large wooden chunk. 

"And who's this?" His bright eyes caught your [E/C] ones (which had heart shaped pupils), intimidating you a bit by how bright and alluring they were. 

You were about to greet yourself politely when Kairi interrupted and hopped in front of you. "Hi, Riku!" She gushed. Anyone could practically see the hearts in her eyes. Kairi had a hopeless crush on the boy a year older than her. He had always treated her like a sibling although she had always made it clear she saw and wanted more. 

"That's [Y/N]." Sora introduced, furrowing his eyebrows as he saw Kairi staring at the silver haired boy.  Riku nodded towards you as a way of saying hi. 

"Name's Riku." He winked at you, catching you by surprise as you felt your cheeks heat up. 

Though Riku would never admit it, you were the most beautiful girl he had seen, in fact, you were the most beautiful girl everyone had seen. The only human with heart-shaped pupils, and the fact that your eyes were much more detailed than every other human on Destiny Islands amazed everyone who encountered you.

No human ever had heart-shaped pupils, but you did. You never thought too much of it, you hadn't even known you were that special. 

Riku continued on with his day, turning his attention to the two of his best friends. "Looks like i'm the only one working on the raft." He gave a hopeless smile. 

Yes, the three of them had been working on the raft no one was aware of for weeks now. They nearly finished and soon they would head off into the ocean of wonder and see what laid beyond the horizon. 

He trudged forward, walking past you and tossing the heavy log over to Sora, who tumbled over and yelped by the sudden weight. 

You couldn't help but go into a fit of giggles, Kairi joining along. It wasn't until Riku approached her she ceased her laughing, as he placed his hands on his hips. "And you're just as lazy as he is!" His eyes flickering to hers, Kairi not failing to notice. 

Were they really going to leave the island and everyone they formed a relationship with behind? Even their own parents? What about you? They hadn't known you for very long and were already planning to leave. You felt a sudden surge of loneliness, you had wanted to know more about these people as they seemed like good friends you could easily find joy hanging out with. You felt a bit of disappointment knowing their time to leave was arriving sooner than you thought and you'd only have limited time with them. 

"So you noticed!" She haughtily declared, placing her hands behind her back. "Okay, we'll finish it together!"

She enthused, receiving exhales and groans from the two boys. 

"I'll race you, Kairi!" You jumped in, seeing the disappointed look on your friend's face. You decided you would spend as much time with them as you could before they set off the island. For there was nothing you could do to stop them as they had been pondering over the idea for a while now.

"READY?" She shouted, as you nodded, getting into a stance. 

"GO!" She shouted, as you began running as fast as you could. Imagining little creatures were chasing you and you were to avoid them. You weren't very fast on your feet, but you were quick to help others out when it was necessary. 

"Pfft, they're so slow. We can beat them, right?" Riku nudged Sora, who groaned. "Aw, come on, Riku, i'm tired." He laid back on the sand, before feeling the salty taste of it in his mouth. He spat a few times. 

"Hey!" 

"Winner gets to share a paopu fruit with the new girl!" Riku shouted behind him, hinting to you, wanting to irritate Sora as he was already planning to be good friends with you. Sora's eyes widened as he leaped up, running as fast as he could to catch up with Riku. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 121 35
Hana (Japanese pronunciation not Hanna) has always been friends with Lea and Isa. Unlike them, she'd rather spend her time tending to the flowers in...
275K 2.7K 126
••• REQUESTS CLOSED••• I do not own Kingdom hearts, Square Enix or any of the characters in the game. Nor do I own you. Only yours and the characters...
5.9K 164 24
(Book 4) After a year of sleeping and getting her memories back, Hikari continues her journey with Sora, Donald and Goofy to search for Riku and King...
743 4 16
M E M O R I E S Bella begins dreaming of the mysterious man who loved her once before. Will she remember or be killed like her dopplegänger before he...