Like Strangers In The Night

By URIEmotional

17 year old Holland lives a very though life, she was forced to grow up sooner and take care of her mother. S... More

chapter 1
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
A/N
We meet again.
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6

chapter 2

8.3K 124 57
By URIEmotional

I looked up and it was him. He was wearing a different type of clothes from yesterday. He smelled so nice

"Oh you know, I was just waiting for the right guy to save me from getting hit by a car." I say sarcastically. He laughed showing those pearly whites.

"Oh- so that's your job?"

"Yes, part time though" I said and we laughed.

"I know it's none of my business and I might be a stranger but you looked pretty sad yesterday. Want to go for coffee or something and tell me what's wrong? You can say no. This must be weird for you but like you seem like a really good kid and I was going there anyway so why not." He said and stood up from the bench.

"Hmm, yeah sure. Don't kidnap me though" I blushed and smiled.

"I was going to but now I won't" he chuckled.

"Ah- fuck that sounded creepy I'm sorry I was just trying to be... funny. Eh- too old for that"

"Whaaatt? No it's ok. Plus you're not old. I mean you don't look old. Ugh I don't know how to explain."

"Well I see we're both just as weird" he said.

"Weird? What's that." I said making him laugh again.

Outside the café

He paid for both drinks. He started walking towards me and the last bit he started shaking his hips to the song playing.

"Oh, very good." I clapped my hands to his awful dancing. He took a bow and handed me my drink. Then we started walking to the beach.

"So young lady, what's your name and your story?" he asked as we walked.

"My name is Holland, 17. I live with mother, dad left when I was 8 because she cheated on him with his boss and his best friend. She drank a lot and even now so they used to fight a lot and one day he was done with it and left. Errmmm... I go to school and I like to write and draw. I don't know what to say" I slowly look up and see that he has sadness in his eyes.

"Are you scared to leave your mum?" he asked.

"I mean yeah, she raised me on her own and I should take care of her. I know I need my own life but as much as she puts me through stuff, she's still my mum you know." I gave him a fake smile.

He nodded.

"Thank you for paying for my drink by the way" I smiled broadly.

"Oh no problem" he flashed the most winning smile.

"Can we sit here?" I asked pointing to a bench nearby with the sight of the beautiful sunset and sea.

"Sure" and we sat down.

"So Holland, what do you like?"

"Oh me, um I like...to..... draw? And I like taking photos of nature. Errmmm. OH, walks along the beach aaaand food" I laughed. "I'm not very interesting"

"No that's okay, you might not feel comfortable so it's ok" he patted my leg.

"What about you sir that doesn't want to say his name and his story? What do you like?"

"Well madam, my name is David, some people call me that or Dave. I am 30 years of age, I like music and writing poems sometimes. Aaand food" he chuckled.

"Interesting" I say and I finished my drink. I just looked at the sea and its gentle waves.

"Since tomorrow is Saturday... well... Would you like to spend the day with me" I looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Unless you feel uncomfortable because of my age. But I mean if you want you can come to my place and just I don't know hang out, watch a movie or something. To get away from things. If you want. I'm just trying to think of ways to help."

I jumped up from the bench, standing up and let out a huge smile spread on my face like butter.

He got up too, his face looked a bit confused and scared.

"Is that a yes or a no?" he asked

"Yes!" I jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly.

"Okay then I guess I'll take you home so tomorrow I will pick you up, we will go buy some stuff to eat and then go back to my house if you want." He looked down at me.

"Okay. Thank you" I said with hands still wrapped around him.

"No problem sweetie" he said and kissed my forehead.

. . .

We arrived at my house and exchanged phone numbers.

"Well I will see you tomorrow then Ms. Holland" he smiled.

"Yes! Thank you so much for today. C-can I h-hug you?" I asked shyly putting my hands out low.

"Of course you can, come here" he grabbed me and pulled me closer then lifted me up and twirled me around and put me down.

He paused and looked in my eyes. I felt a tear fall and fell back in his shirt and hugged him tightly. He put one large arm on my back and the other in my hair softly gliding his hand through it.

"It will be okay Holland I promise" he put his chin on my head.

"I-if you want... y-you can c-come stay with me for a bit." he said. I pulled back shocked.

"R-really David?" I slowly dried my tears and suddenly felt better.

"Oh yeah. My house is pretty big and I got extra rooms. If I can help, why the hell not. Ask permission first." He pointed to the door referring to mum inside.

I let out a happy sigh and smiled.

"I can ask your mum if you want" he smiled.

"Oh no that's fine, I'll take care of that. I should go I need to give her the medicine"

I opened my door.

"Goodnight then Juliet." I turned around to wave goodbye but he pulled me in once more, he let go and leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight" I said quickly as I ran straight in my house and closed the door.

I went in the shower and let the hot water run down my hair and onto my face.

I went to my room and sat on my bed and decided to make a decision.

I grabbed my phone and called grandma.

"Hey grandma, how you been?"

"Oh well if it isn't my favourite 17 year old, I'm great honey. Is something wrong?" she asked with concern.

"Oh no, grandma everything is great. I just wanted to talk to you about something" I hoped she had time.

"Guuurl give me some tea" we both burst out laughing.

"So I met this guy..." I stopped to see her reaction.

"Ohhh. A guy huh? Big package or small" she asked, making me laugh & snort like an animal.

"GRANDMAAA! So he's older, and I told him about my situation with mum and stuff and I kind of ended up crying in his arms. BUT he offered me to stay with him for a while if I wanted. Grandma, I really think this is an opportunity for me to start new. I just don't want mum to-"

"She will be in good hands baby" she cut me off.

"Hmm do you want to meet tomorrow morning?" she asked.

"I'm actually going to his house tomorrow" I cringed and waited.

"Ohhhh. Wear something sexy!" she demanded.

"And did you say his house?! How old is he then?"

"30" I cringed. She's not going to let me now is she?

"Oh, that's okay. The age between me and your grandfather was something like that. I'm sure you're old enough to see if he's a good man. Be careful is all I tell you. Don't do anything you don't want. Don't let him force you okay?"

"Yes grandma. Thank you!"

"Did you two do the dirty or what?" She laughed.

"WHAT? No grandma! I just met him this week."

"Ok... did he text you he made it home? I hope you at least gave him your number"

"Yes I gave him my number, I don't think he texted me.Not I know of-" I quickly took my phone out of my hand and checked the notifications.

"GRANDMA HE CALLED AND LEFT 5 MESSAGES AND I DIDN'T SEE THEM OH MY GOD!! I was in the shower and I didn't see them before I called you I'm so dumb!" I got up from my bed and jumped around like a 5-year-old.

"Well, I won't sleep for a while because I need to do some work. Go text him and then if you want to, call me back. Ask for dick pics" she said I could hear her smile.

"No thanks grandma. Okay I'll call you later."

We said our goodbyes and I read his messages.

Hey.

Um, so you still up for tomorrow?

Are you okay?

Should I be concerned?

Do I need to come over?

I blushed.

Hi :)

Yes I can tomorrow. Text me the time so I will clean everything before leaving.

And btw I'm ok. You don't need to come over.

I didn't want to tell him about staying with him just yet, he might have said that just to make me feel better.

I looked at the time it was 9. Great I have sooo much time. I rested my head on the pillow.

After a few minutes I went downstairs and began to wash the dishes and clean the beer bottles from the living room. I heard the door open and someone in heels. I poked my head out of the kitchen and saw my mum. She was alone.

"Finally home huh?" I said mad.

{Thank you for reading ♥}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

726K 3.5K 4
"SHE BELONGS TO ME!! SHE BELONGS TO THE DANIEL KNIGHT!!" °°°°°°° "He is handsome as hell but something about him screams danger." ••••••••••• "I don'...
90.3K 1.3K 21
You asked, I listened. Here's the original story of Separation. Merry Chrysler everyone. *****MATURE CONTENT. 18+ ONLY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.***** "I...
6.8K 388 25
Suddenly I turned around. And I shouted loudly. Mr. Devil is standing there staring at me and narrowing his eyebrows. What the hell he is doing. I'...
12.9M 68.8K 26
*****MATURE CONTENT. 18+ ONLY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.***** "Fuck, fuck, fuck," I finally managed to moan out. The hand on my hip reached up to grip my...