ANCHOR。 DIEGO HARGREEVES

By overture-

❝ oh, you haven't heard? damaged people thrive when side by side. ❞ in which the amateur magician and the int... More

。 anchor
。 graphic gallery
。 trailer
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.

12.

5.9K 390 223
By overture-

TWELVE; SABRINA V. REGGIE: CAGE MATCH

"You know, when I thought about being carried through a big house by a pretty dude, I assumed it would be under different circumstances," Sabrina hummed as she clung onto Diego's neck. He was carrying her with one arm under her knees and the other supporting her back; was it comfortable? No, but at least she didn't have to walk. "At least I know you won't drop me."

Diego tried to smile, but it was clear he was nervous. Nervous because she was speaking to his father alone. He couldn't protect her, help her, support her. He knew she'd be fine, she could take care of herself regarding wit and charm (it was quite clear she was an idiot otherwise), it was his father he was concerned about. He was a monster, an abuser, a general, all round piece of shit.

"Listen," he began as they drew closer to Reginald's office. "You don't have to say anything you don't want. I'll be right outside the door, okay?"

"Thanks, Diego," Sabrina couldn't help but stare at the side of his face. Damn, he was handsome. "You've got a lovely jawline."

"Thanks, baby," the man chuckled softly, and Sabrina could've sworn she melted right there. Before long, they reached the door to the study, and Diego set Sabrina on her feet. She winced in discomfort at the sudden pressure, so he supported her shoulders and used his foot to knock on the door. "We were never allowed in here. I don't know if you're lucky or unlucky."

"Let's hope it's not the latter," Sabrina muttered in response as she got tired of waiting and opened the door herself. At the end of the room sat Reginald in all his glory. He was surrounded by paper and unfinished pieces of technology, far messier than she thought a billionaire would be. "Afternoon, Reggie! Can I call you Reggie?"

"No," Reginald scowled, and Sabrina parted from Diego, shuffling in agonising pain. She barely had time to overlook the interior, though she really didn't care. It was probably ugly and far too expensive, so why waste her time? "I see your legs are better."

"A bit bloody sore, but otherwise fine," Sabrina wheezed as she collapsed onto the chair on the opposite side of his desk. She heard the doors shut, but she didn't look back. Her eyes scanned the desk for any sign of alcohol, and when she saw a bottle of what appeared to be vodka, she gestured towards it, and Reginald rolled his eyes and nodded. Grinning, the woman poured herself a glass took a good gulp. "So, how're we today, Reggie?"

"No. Sir Hargreeves."

"Eh, Reggie's fine."

Reginald sighed irritably, gripping his pen so tight his fist was turning white. "You said you were born in Sweden. I want to know everything about you; your mother, any other family members, experiences, when you gained your powers, etcetera."

Sabrina leaned back in the seat and crossed her arms, making an odd sound as she thought about it. "You know how kids are born cause two people bang it out? Well, my mum had only done that once, and the dude was an asshole. He left her and my older sister in Dammig, leaving to go to Spain for a while to study. A few years later, my mum was in church of all places, when she popped me out of her cooch. She wasn't even pregnant, it was some crazy cursed bullshit, that's what my grandmother told me anyway."

Reginald didn't appear impressed, so Sabrina took this as a sign to keep talking.

"Mum decided to keep me, which was funny considering how far up God's arse grandma was. My first exorcism was when I was ten months old. Didn't work, seeing as when I could walk I'd start running away from anything I knew was dangerous. I didn't know how I knew, but when you point at a shithead stealing from the food market that nobody else seems to notice, you get a few raised eyebrows," Sabrina continued, quite cheerful despite the content she was sharing. Maybe if she kept her spirits high he wouldn't actually take note of what she said. "Then, once I learned to talk, my sister was teaching me about dreams. She asked me the dreaded question, and when I asked her in return, she would laugh, cry or scream. So, I started trying it on kids around the village. When my Grandmother found out, it was back to church for me."

"Do you feel any different when you use your powers?" Reginald inquired, and Sabrina scratched her chin as she thought about it. 

"I get this...tingle. Like when you see a picture of young Leo DiCaprio," Sabrina responded. When Reginald shifted in his seat, she smiled a little. Gosh, annoying people was so much fun. "My hands twitch and I get this weird feeling in my chest when something feels off. When I use the other thing, it's like a surge of energy moves from my feet to the tips of my fingers."

"How many people can you control with the power to materialise dreams?" Reginald continued to interrogate, and Sabrina's eyes flickered up to the ceiling, before she shrugged. 

"Dunno," she said bluntly. "It's easier with kids. You talk to one and sometimes four feel the effects. Kids sometimes share the same dreams. Could be a dinosaur or a unicorn; one kid I met wanted a really nice coffee table. I can only talk to one person at a time though."

"That's what we'll start with," Reginald scrawled in his notebook. Sabrina leaned forward and quirked an eyebrow. 

"I beg your pardon?" She cleared her throat, having been caught off guard. 

"I will begin to train you to control your abilities," Reginald replied. 

Sabrina shook her head. "I'm gonna have to pass, Reggie. I'm not overly keen on being exploited, to be perfectly honest."

"If I had found you as a baby, you would have lived here anyway, brought up as part of the Umbrella Academy," Reginald remained upheld and proper. 

Sabrina scoffed, pointing at her face. "Does it look like I give a shit? It didn't happen, and I'm more than happy where I am now. You screwed up all your other kids from what I've heard, so I reckon I'll sit this one out."

"Don't speak to me like that," Reginald snapped, and Sabrina rolled her eyes. She didn't care if she was being rude at that point. 

"You have no entitlement to make me, a thirty year old woman, a lab rat in your experiments," she shot back, reaching for her glass and finishing the liquid inside with one last swig. She held back a burp and hit her chest a couple of times, before placing the cup back on the desktop. "I've had enough damage, dude. If you haven't noticed, there's some shit wrong with me. You're lucky I have enough self respect to walk away right now."

"I though you said it hurt to walk?" Reginald muttered, and Sabrina narrowed her eyes in a glare, before pushing herself up from the chair. She hid the wince on her face, turning around and beginning to walk away. Once her face was out of view her jaw dropped open as agony shot through her. Her shoulders were tense, but she tried to act as casual as she could. 

"Thanks, but no thanks," she tried to hold back pained tears. She flicked up a peace sign as she reached the door. "Later, Reggie."

Once she got outside and shut the entryway behind her, she collapsed into Diego's arms and noticeably stiffening up. Diego bent down a little so that he was at her height, his eyes wide and concerned. "What happened? Did he hurt you?"

Sabrina exhaled as she tried to move past the pain. Tears dripped from her eyes, but she didn't know if it was from the conversation she had just shared with the millionaire in the room behind her, or from the aching discomfort in her legs. She buried her face into the crook of Diego's neck, her breath trembling. "I wanna go home."

Diego pursed his lips, before picking her up once more and taking her back to the medical room, where Grace began to inspect her. Sabrina's tears dried up not long after they had been shed, and she was back to cracking jokes. This was when Diego realised that maybe she wasn't all fun and games after all. 

There was a ridiculously large wall she had built herself, and Reginald Hargreeves had managed to poke a hole in the brickwork. 

★☆

dedicated to luckyvirgo !!

so...tell me what you thought folks!!

also, i feel that brie has become a lil more complex in the sense that she told reggie her story, but didn't elaborate on the emotional and psychological damage inflicted on her??  which was why she broke down in front of diego after the phat chat she had with reggie???? idk??? lemme know??? 

AND I REALLY WANTED DIEGO TO CALL BRIE BABY LIKE UGHHHH GOD AND I CAN PICTURE HIM SAYING IT?? LIKE IN THE FIRST EPISODE WHEN HE SAYS TO KLAUS, 'SAVING LIVES, BABY' AND IT'S JUST OOOOOOOOOOH FUCK HE'S SO BEAUTIFUL I LOVE HIM mmMMmmMMMMMM!!!!!~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 99 11
Delilah Miller was supposed to be normal. She wasn't one of the 43 born in October, she was supposed to grow up in her small English town and become...
104K 3.4K 19
❝𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘺𝘱𝘦.❞ the umbrella academy season one [COMPLETED]
6.8K 151 35
{diego hargreeves ff} Kate Patch doesn't know much about her boyfriend's family or their upbringing but offers her own debatable skills as they all t...
237K 6.8K 40
❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐮𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚 ❞ zero wants to go home, but home is complicated and her family is dysfunctional. it doe...