correspondence. harry potter...

By AHOYDINGUS

« i think i've always loved you.. » the epistolary story of two best friends who slowly become more and more... More

cast + disclaimer
HOW TO READ « correspondence » & « withdrawal »
FIRST SUMMER | | SECOND YEAR
letters 1 & 2 : first summer back
letters 3 & 4 : the crazy pie
letters 5 & 6 : rescue plan
( 2 ) lockhart and the malfoys
letters 7 & 8 : my hero
letters 9 & 10 : boredom
letters 11 & 12 : not allowed
( 3 ) whiny malfoy and fake signature
( 4 ) the phœnix and scabbers
( 5 ) sirius and mabel
letters 13 & 14 : finally
( 6 ) family picture and astrology
( 7 ) hazel eyes and dance rehearsal
( 8 ) fred and george to the rescue

( 1 ) the flying car and parents' discovery

1.1K 51 13
By AHOYDINGUS

THE FLYING CAR AND PARENTS' DISCOVERY

Lillian was sitting on the couch, staring at the fire, with Fred and George by her side. Her parents were already back home, since the two houses were only separated by the Henderson's garden, they knew Lillian was staying over.

It wasn't unusual for them to leave their daughter over, when she wasn't sleeping at the Weasley's, Ron was the one staying over at the Henderson's.

To say Ron and Lillian were best friends would be an understatement. They were more like brother and sister. They had instantly bonded, even when they weren't able to stand yet.

Lillian walked by the coffee table, next to the chimney and grabbed the framed picture, causing her to smile. It was a shot of her and Ron —the twins could be spotted in the background, already being silly. In the moving picture, Lillian was on her knees and Ron was helping her stand up as she barely walked two small steps before Ron wasn't strong enough to hold her and they both fell down on the grass.

"Being emotional, Lilli ?" Fred asked cheerfully.

Lillian put down the frame, a huge smile still plastered on her lips.

"I love this picture so much."

George rubbed his hand over her head as they could hear Molly walk up the stairs.

"Children, I am off to bed. Don't wait too long, I know it's school break but try to get some rest,"she said before pointing a finger at the twins. "I count on you to stay calm and leave the house still."

"Yes ma'am !"

The kids waited slept in the living room and woke up in the middle of the night, skipping food and shower so they wouldn't make any noise. Ron brought down everybody's jackets from the rooms as quietly as possible, and tiptoed to the front lawn, where the car was parked.

"The parents are going to kill us if they find out." Ron muttered, silently opening the car door.

"Yeah but we can't leave Harry out there, you agreed with me on that plan." Lillian answered.

Ron gulped loudly and sat on the passenger's seat, Lillian and George behind. Fred was the one driving.

. . .

After what felt like hours of driving, the four kids finally made it to Privet Drive. Lillian soon noticed a house where a window had rungs.

"Look, it's here !"

They flew slowly until they made it right in front of the window. Harry was there, looking totally frightened for a second before recognizing his friends.

"Hi, Harry." Ron said.

"Ron ? Fred ! George ! Lillian !" Harry gasped, "What are you all doing here ?"

"Rescuing you, of course ! Now, come on. Get your trunk."

"I guess you didn't receive my letter then ?" Lillian asked.

Harry simply nodded negatively before packing all of his stuff in a few minutes.

Ron secured a rope around one of the rungs as they could hear Harry close his trunk.

"You'd better stay back."

Fred started flying once more, pressing the gas pedal strongly, making the rungs fall on the first try. As Harry was throwing his luggage in the car trunk, the kids could hear Harry's uncle yelling his name.

"Go, go, go !" George said, Fred turning the car around so Harry could climb in.

Ron stood up, under Lillian's dazzled gaze as she had never seen him take such risks before, and grabbed Hedwige's cage before handling it to Lillian.

"Come on, Harry ! Hurry up !"

The door of Harry's room opened up to reveal his uncle Vernon, his aunt Petunia and his cousin Dudley.

"Petunia, he's escaping !"

Harry jumped and landed on the passenger's seat, secured by Ron and Lillian's arms around him as Vernon had a grasp on one of his legs.

"Come here !" Vernon yelled, his head turning red.

"Let go of me !"

"Oh no boy ! You and that bloody pigeon aren't going anywhere !"

Lillian was as terrified as she was amused by this large-looking man. She couldn't believe Harry had to put up with someone like this ever since he was a baby.

"Fred, drive !" Lillian blurted.

As they finally left this awful place, the children had the chance to see Harry's uncle fall of the window and land on a bush, causing them all to laugh loudly.

Lillian patted Ron on the shoulder discreetly, showing him her watch to remind him it was still Harry's birthday.

"By the way, Harry," Ron started, drawing his attention to the back seat.

"Happy birthday." Ron and Lillian said in unison.

When they made it all back to the Burrow, the sun was already up. From the corner of her eye, Lillian looked over at her house and noticed the shutters were opened.

"Oh no, my parents are up."

Ron frowned, visibly confused.

"Remember, they said they'd be coming over for breakfast so we could all go buy school furnitures together this afternoon ?"

"Crap ! That means they'll be here soon."

Lillian nodded before turning around to face a rather surprised Harry. "What's the matter ?"

"So, that's true then."

"What ?"

"That both your families are always together."

"Yes, it is." beamed Lillian, "but you're with us now, finally !"

Harry smiled shyly as he looked at Lillian who wore a huge grin on her face. He somehow got lost in his thoughts, mesmerized by this big and pure smile and ended up running a little to join the group at the front door.

They all walked in silently, Lillian looking delighted as she observed Harry being surprised by any little magical item he could spot around the house.

"Do you think it'd be all right if we had some of this ?" Ron asked, pointing a finger at a plate filled with buns.

"Yeah, mum will never know."

The three boys grabbed a bun as Lillian shook her head in despair.

"It's not much, but it's home." Ron commented.

"I think it's brilliant," Harry admitted.

Ron looked over at Lillian who was already smiling at them both as they all jumped up when Molly arrived out of nowhere.

"Where have you been ?" she inquired before she softened. "Harry, how wonderful to see you, dear."

But before anyone could speak she was angry once more.

"Bed empty ! No note ! Car gone ! You could have died, you could have been seen !"

The three Weasley's and Lillian lowered their heads, they knew how Molly was when she was upset. And she had the right to be.

"Of course, I don't blame you, Harry, dear."

"They were starving him, mum. There were bars on his window." Ron finally said.

"Well, you'd best hope I don't put bars on your window, Ronald Weasley." Molly threatened. "Come on, Harry, time for a spot of breakfast."

The four kids walked back to the kitchen where the table was magically ready for everyone. Harry gasped and everyone chuckled. Until Ron tugged at Lillian's shirt discreetly.

Lillian turned around with a quizzical look, "What is it ?"

He pointed a finger at her parents who were at the front door, looking visibly mad.

"Hi Molly, hello kids," Henri announced.

"Hi Henri, Hi Ellen," Molly answered before nodding knowingly.

"Lillian, care to join us outside for a minute ?" Ellen asked.

Lillian joined her parents outside, feeling Ron and Harry's eyes on her. She held her head low, waiting for their outburst.

"Are you completely insane, Lillian ?" her father said. "How dare you steal the Weasley's car and wander around as if you were invincible ?"

"I'm sorry, it's just that—"

"We know, you've told us about Harry's situation." her mother interrupted. "But you could have killed yourself as well as the boys and maybe even some muggles."

Lillian scratched the back of her head, realizing how dangerous they had been that night.

"Did that ever occured to you as you sat in the car that you could have all died ?"

"No..."

"We were worried sick when Molly came over to tell us you were gone."

"I am so sorry, I didn't think about the consequences. I—I just wanted to save Harry, he doesn't deserve to live like this."

Their parents sighed, seeing how Lillian cared for Harry.

"He is treated worse than an animal, it is not okay..." Lillian added. "And.. I know it isn't an excuse but we made it safe !"

Henri kneeled down so Lillian didn't need to raise her head to look at them.

"We were extremely worried, you are our only child and we cannot afford to see something happen to you or the Weasley's or even to Harry."

Lillian nodded before hugging her father.

"Just, please, next time, tell us about your plans, we could have helped you save Harry, all right ?"

"Yes, thank you mum, thank you dad."

"We love you." Henri said.

"I love you too."

. . .

okay, so your thoughts ? i'm just so in love with jarry and lillian already

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 179 12
"Cassiopeia Lynx Weasley. I thought you were dead seeing as you were born premature. But you are a (?????????) and best friend of (?????) . So I won'...
1K 35 33
{𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟐} I've written two stories. One in Golen Trio Era, one in Marauders. Completely different stories and characters but the one constant is...
3.1K 62 52
This will give you my thoughts on Harry Potter Fanfictions I've read. Each chapter I will upload will be different stories with their details and the...
527K 11.1K 71
Fred Weasley x F!Reader ----- When you stepped onto the Hogwarts Express for the first time, you had no idea that you were about to meet who would be...