Merciful - TVD [2]

By arios2004

"Some women fear the fire. Some women simply become it." TVD - Seasons 3 + 4 More

CAST
EPIGRAPH
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
SEASON FOUR
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58

15

6.7K 210 324
By arios2004

  At the Mystic Falls cemetery, Mallory, Caroline, Elena, Bonnie, and Matt entered the Salvatore crypt. In the car, Mallory had explained her idea to Elena and Elena immediately agreed with the idea, deciding to add Mallory into it also.

"Here it is!" Mallory stated, entering the Salvatore crypt alongside the rest of her friends.

"This is creepy, even for us," Bonnie commented.

"No, Caroline was right..." Elena replied, going along with Mallory's idea, "Technically, she's dead. Sorry. But you don't need a birthday, you need a funeral. And honestly, after eight hundred years of living hell, so does Mallory.The two of you need to say goodbye to your old life, so that you can move on with your new one. And honestly, Mallory, you should have done this a while ago."

Caroline smiled, noticing the offended look on Mallory's face, "Well, that was rude," She jokingly commented, causing Caroline to quietly laugh.

"Okay, let do this," Caroline spoke, grabbing Mallory by the arm to pull her over to stand next to her, "Here lies Caroline Forbes..."

Elena, who was putting candles on top of Caroline and Mallory's birthday cake, continued on for Caroline, "Cheerleader, Miss Mystic Falls, third grade hopscotch champion..." She trailed off, allowing Bonnie to continue.

"Friend, daughter, overachiever..." Bonnie said before Matt continued.

"Mean girl, sometimes, no offense," Matt told Caroline, who smiled.

"Ah, none taken." She replied, not caring about what Matt had said about her.

"She was seventeen, and she had a really good life. So rest in peace, so that she can move forward," Elena smiled, putting the last candle on the cake before turning to Mallory, "And here lies Mallory Montague."

Mallory immediately looked up, frowning when she heard Elena call her by the last name she had when she was human when, "Devoted sister, friend, cheeky at times, loving girlfriend..." She trailed off before looking over at Bonnie.

"Total badass, witty, protector of the people she loves, a bitch at times, but for all the right reasons..."

"Smarter than everyone around her," Matt finished for Bonnie, causing Mallory to smile, no matter how much she tried to stop herself.

"She was only fifteen years old when she died and had a life that seemed perfect when being seen by the people around her. She held the world on her shoulders; a princess, in need of her mother's love. She died earlier than she should have. All for loving the wrong person. May she rest in peace, so that she can finally move forward after eight hundred years." Elena explained before walking up to Caroline and Mallory, holding the cake in front of her, "That's what you two really need. What we all really need. Amen, or cheers or whatever," She paused, turning to Bonnie as the group laughed, "Bonnie?"

Bonnie, knowing what she needed to do, lit the candles with her magic, a smile on her face.

"Nice!" Elena complimented Bonnie before turning to Caroline and Mallory, "Okay, make a wish. Both of you."

Elena held the cake out to Caroline and Mallory, waiting for them to make their wish.

Even after the statement, Mallory had told her brothers about wanting to wish for no more hybrids on her birthday, Mallory knew for a fact that wasn't true. She wanted to wish for something else.

She wanted to be happy. Okay, she might have always seemed happy, but it wasn't true happiness. She just wanted to be happy with Tyler, her brothers, and all of her friends, nothing coming in between them. And that was what she wished for.

Mallory and Caroline shared a glance, just before closing their eyes. At the same time, the two girls blew out the candles, neither of them knowing what each other's wish was.

If only Mallory knew what Caroline's wish was.

____

Meanwhile later, Mallory, Elena, Bonnie, Matt, and Caroline were eating the cake, all of which happened to be somewhat drunk, even Mallory. Matt took the bottle of tequila from Bonnie, but Elena snatched it from his hand and drank some, "Ah-ah. I need it more than you do, trust me," She paused, turning to look at Mallory, who was texting on her phone, "Mallory, what are you doing?"

Hearing her name, Mallory immediately stopped texting and held her hands down in front of her, trying to hide the phone in them, "Um, nothing," She lied, but it did a horrible job.

"Okay, you might be a good sober liar, but you are a horrible drunk liar," Elena commented, causing Mallory to let out a sigh.

"I might have texted Tyler," Mallory admitted, her voice just above a whisper.

"Mallory!" Caroline scolded her best friend.

"Mallory!" Elena complained.

"What? I miss him!" Mallory whined, taking a large sip of tequila.

"Give her a break!" Bonnie stuck up for Mallory, which was a bit of a surprise, "You can't control what everyone does all the time."

After hearing Bonnie's words, the tomb immediately became awkwardly silent.

"Wow," Elena commented, a bit taken aback by Bonnie's comment.

"Ouch, Bon," Matt remarked before standing up.

"Damn, that was cold," Mallory muttered quietly.

"Sorry, I know it's Caroline and Mallory's birthday, funeral or whatever but, I just feel it's really wrong that you compelled Jeremy to leave town," Bonnie explained and Mallory knew for a fact she agreed with Bonnie, but decided to just not say anything, knowing it would make matters even worse than they already were.

"I'm doing it to protect him, Bonnie," Elena argued defensively, "I want to give him a chance to have a quiet, normal life."

"He should be able to choose how he wants to live it, you're taking his choices away." Bonnie argued back.

"Bonnie, you can't tell him," Elena reminded Bonnie, who clearly didn't want to do that.

"Why?" Bonnie questioned Elena, "Are you gonna compel me not to?"

"She can't, you're a witch," Mallory muttered under her breath.

"You know, you guys are ruining a perfect funeral," Matt commented.

Bonnie let out a sigh, just before standing up, "I'm sorry. I'm just gonna go sleep it off or something," She paused, turning to look at Mallory and Caroline, "Happy birthday."

Mallory jokingly raised her bottle to Bonnie, just before the girl walked off.

______

Meanwhile later, time went on and the group of four were still in the crypt, laughing and drinking.

From afar, Mallory could hear footsteps and soon enough, Tyler appeared in the doorway, "Sorry, I didn't mean to crash the party." He spoke up awkwardly, causing the group, who sat on the floor to turn to him.

"So don't." Matt told Tyler coldly.

Inhaling sharply, Mallory sat up from laying her head in Caroline's lap, "No, no, it's okay," she quickly said, standing up before turning to Tyler, "Hey."

"Can I talk to you for a sec?" Tyler asked her, sounding nervous, "It's kind of important."

Mallory shared a glance with her friends, just before leaving the crypt with Tyler. Once they were far enough away from the crypt Tyler decided to finally speak up, "I take it all back, Mal. Everything I said this morning about not being able to control myself," Tyler told her, "There is no way I am going to let Klaus control me. Especially when it comes to you. I won't let him."

"No, it's okay, Tyler," Mallory admitted quietly, "I'm starting to think...Maybe we weren't meant to be together like we thought we are. Maybe it's time we just accept that and move on," She paused, letting out a sigh, "I mean, so much has happened that has tried to tear us away from each other. I don't know about you, but it seems like a sign. A sign that we weren't meant to be."

"If you believe that, why are you wearing the necklace?" Tyler questioned Mallory, knowing it contradicted everything she had said, "Mallory, you might want to give up everything we had, but I can't. We've gone through so much to just give up like this. I love you."

Mallory's eyes widened in shock, "What?" She asked him quietly.

"I love you," Tyler repeated, taking a step toward Mallory, "If you don't feel the same way, I'll leave. I'll never speak to you again if that's what you want, but--"

Tyler was cut off by Mallory, who pressed her lips against Tyler's. Tyler was taken aback at first, but then kissed her back.

After kissing him, Mallory pulled away, staring intently into his eyes, "I love you, too." She whispered to him softly, "More than you know," She told him, a soft smiling playing on her lips.

Tyler smiled back at Mallory, cupping her face with his hands before smashing his lips against hers. Mallory backed up until her back was against the tree.

The kiss became more intense and Tyler kissed down Mallory's neck, causing the female vampire to let out a small moan as she shut her eyes.

Suddenly, Mallory felt Tyler bite her neck, causing her to yelp in pain, "Ow!" She exclaimed, roughly pushing Tyler, whose eyes were wide in shock, away from her.

Mallory pressed two fingers against her neck before examining them only to see that it was still bleeding, "What the hell?" She said quietly, only to have her eyes widen in realization when she saw the guilty look on Tyler's face, "What the hell did you just do?"

Tyler, whose eyes were wide in concern, placing his fingers near his mouth, "Oh, no." He muttered under his breath.

"Did you seriously just bite me, Tyler!" Mallory exclaimed loudly, finding herself consumed with rage.

"Oh, my god, Mal," Tyler said quietly, clearly in denial, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

Mallory stumbled a bit, already feeling the effect of the hybrid bite. Hybrid bites were different than wolf bites. They affected you more and spread quicker. She pressed her back against the tree, sliding down so that she was sitting on the floor.

Tyler was about to rush over to her when Mallory stop her, "No, don't come near me!" She shouted him, "Just get away from me! Get away from me!"

A sad look on his face, Tyler backed up before leaving. He wanted to stay with her, but he knew it was the last thing Mallory wanted and he didn't want to upset her anymore than he already had.

_____

After being found by Matt and Caroline, the duo took her back to the Salvatore House, where Caroline and Matt sat next to her bed.

Mallory cried out, feeling excruiating pain from the bite, "What do you we do?" Matt asked Caroline worriedly, "She's dying!"

"I don't know," Caroline told Matt quietly, "Stefan and Damon aren't answering."

"Call Klaus," Mallory weakly spoke up, causing Matt and Caroline to turn to her with wide eyes.

"What?" Caroline questioned Mallory, frowning in confusion.

"Call Klaus," Mallory repeated her order, "His blood can heal me. Maybe we'll find him in a good mood and he'll heal me."

Not wanting to argue with her, Caroline walked over to Mallory's phone, which laid on her nightstand and dialed Klaus' number.

Soon enough, Klaus had arrived and both Matt and Caroline went downstairs to talk with the immortal hybrid. While Matt and Caroline stayed downstairs, Klaus walked upstairs to Mallory's room.

In her room, Mallory turned onto her side, facing the doorway of her room as Klaus entered.

Klaus stopped in the doorway for a brief moment, staring intently at Mallory. Somehow, despite the fact she had turned paler than usual, Mallory had managed to look beautiful, which Klaus oddly seemed to notice.

"What, you here to finish me off after everything I've done?" Mallory questioned, trying to annoy Klaus despite the fact that she was dying and his blood was the only thing that could heal her, "I can't say I don't deserve it."

"On your birthday, love?" Klaus asked Mallory softly, his eyes wide, clearly a bit hurt that Mallory would think so low of him. Not even a monster like himself would do something like that, "You really think that low of me?"

"Yes," Mallory responded coldly, "I dare say you're the better looking version of the devil."

Klaus chuckled softly at her comment and walked toward her. He pulled the comforter that was covering her bite away, examining the bite Tyler had given her on the left side of her neck.

Klaus quietly gasped at the sight of the bite, clearly never seeing one look so bad before, "That looks bad," He commented, "My apologies. It's nothing personal. Once again, you were used as collateral damage," Klaus paused, lifting up the necklace she was wearing, knowing that it was a gift from Tyler for her birthday, "Do you remember the birthday celebration your father threw for you on your fifteenth birthday, the one my family was there for?"

Mallory slowly nodded, making sure not to hurt herself, "Yes, the two of us got drunk and caused a scene in front of everyone," She began to explain to him, not being able to stop the small, faint smile forming on her lips, "My father was itching to punish me for it so Kol did the honors of compelling him to get over it. The best birthday I ever had."

"It was a fun time, wasn't it?" Klaus questioned and Mallory found herself nodding, knowing she couldn't lie, "I love birthdays."

"Well, I don't," Mallory responded, "My birthday is a reminder that my mother died while giving birth to me and also the fact that I'm stuck in a fifteen year old's body for the rest of my life."

"Well. you have to adjust your perception of time when you become a vampire, Mallory." Klaus reminded her in a calm tone, "I would have thought you'd know this by now. Celebrate the fact that you're no longer bound by trivial human conventions. You're free."

"Free?" Mallory questioned, letting out a large scoff, which caused her to wince in pain before continuing, "I'm dying, Klaus."

Klaus continued to stare down at Mallory as he sat down on the bed next to her as he began to whisper while talking to her, "I could let you die, if that's what you want. If you really believe your existence has no meaning. I've thought about it once or twice, if I'm being being. And if I'm correct, I believe you have as well. But you should know, Mallory, there is a lot to live for out there. All you have to do is ask. And unlike me, you have people that love you and would be stricken with grief if you were to die," Klaus explained to her, causing Mallory's eyes to surprisingly soften when heard him say that no one loved him, "However, I can let you live. You just have to ask."

Mallory's eyes filled with tears as she immediately shook her head, "I don't wanna die." She told him quickly, causing Klaus to smile slightly, already knowing her answer.

The immortal hybrid lifted Mallory's head up, holding her in his arms as he placed his wrist near her mouth, "There you go, love," He whispered to her softly and Mallory turned to look him in the eyes, seeming hesitant,"Have at it."

"What will I owe you in return, Klaus?" She questioned him curiously, "You can't be doing this for free."

"I want you to remember all the good times we had when you were human," Klaus instructed, "I see this hatred you have toward me, when in all honesty, I have never done anything to directly hurt you. I turned you for more reasons than one. Do you really believe that I turned you because I wanted to use you as a foot soldier and because you were amusing? Those reasons aren't true. There are others and I hope that one day you'll allow me to tell you." He paused, noticing how intently Mallory stared at him, almost as if she was trying to read him and figure him out, "Enough talk. Drink up."

Mallory nodded, allowing her fangs to grow as the veins appeared under eyes. She practically moaned as she drank Klaus' blood immediately feeling the healing process starting, "Happy birthday, Mallory." He whispered to her softly as Mallory gripped her hands onto Klaus' wrist to get more blood.

Klaus smiled slightly, knowing that the girl already had enough blood to heal herself. Now, she was feeding on him purely because she wanted to.

After a moment, Mallory unlodged her fangs from Klaus' wrist and Klaus gently placed her back down on her bed. He stood up and Mallory stared up at him, "Thank you," She whispered to him softly and Klaus sent her a small, fragile smile before leaving, a bit shocked that Mallory, of all people, had thanked him.

_____

The following morning, Mallory woke up feeling fresh as ever. She stretched her arms, letting out a sigh as she sat up. She placed her hand on the side of her neck, finding there to be no bite there.

She turned her head, only to frown when she a black velvet box on the table. She picked it up, lifting up the note on it to see that it was from Klaus.

Hesitant at first, Mallory finally untied the ribbon from it and opened the box to find a rolled up piece of paper and an elegant bracelet. The bracelet was silver, covered in red diamonds. In between the gaps of each red diamond was an infinity symbol that covered with tiny white diamonds, which caused Mallory's mouth to gape open in shock. It was expensive, that was for sure.

After staring at the bracelet for a moment, Mallory lifted up the rolled up piece of paper. She took off the tie that was on it and unrolled the piece of paper to find it to be a drawing of her.

It was her in 1220, back when she was human. She knew because of the clothes she wore. It was the elegant dress she wore on the day of her fifteenth birthday. The one she ruined and felt sad afterward since it was her favorite dress. He remembered.

Mallory couldn't help the small smile that formed on her lips as she stared down at the intricate drawing of herself. She knew she shouldn't have been smiling, but she couldn't help herself.

AN: So Klaus will have a large crush on Mallory, but nothing much will happen between them. I basically did it bc it'll cause large problems between Mallory/Tyler and Mallory/Kol. Mal and Kol will meet once again in about 5 chapters!

Question: who would you like to have Mallory be with between Seasons 5-8?

These are my top choices

1. Caroline (which I've been thinking for a longggg time)

2. Enzo

Anyways, what do you guys think?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

606K 20.3K 112
"Who the hell is she?" "That would be the lovely, Ingrid Mikaelson. My wife." ---- TVD: Season...
52.4K 1.4K 37
๐™Ž๐™ช๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™–๐™ก ๐™ฅ๐™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™™๐™–๐™ฎ, ๐™ˆ๐™ฎ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™˜ ๐™๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™—๐™š๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฃ๐™ค ๐™š๐™ญ๐™˜๐™š๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ. ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง๐™ž๐™š๐™ก...
45K 1.4K 44
The Vampire Diaries Season One to Season Four The Originals Season One to TBD Kol Mikaelson x OC