Number Eight ~ Umbrella Acade...

By cocastyle

"I think we're alone now There doesn't seem to be anyone around I think we're alone now, The beating of our h... More

Number Eight
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
author's note
confessions
sorry
extra-ordinary
Sequel

28

13.6K 537 190
By cocastyle

shorter (but not much shorter) chapter but I didn't want to start episode ten in this chapter so I thought I would just add an extra scene before ending it a little earlier than usual. I hope you all like it! be prepared for episode ten which should be the next few chapters!

then it's the end of the main part of this book😭😭

I was thinking about having little one shots/more flashbacks after the book is over if you all would be up for it? that's part of the reason why I haven't done many flashbacks lately because I want to save them for after the book is over, so let me know what you all think!

"You what?" Emilia practically screeched as she glared at the boy in front of her. Luther just let out a sigh. "It's what needed to be done," he told her in an attempt to calm her down, but that only made her angrier. "She's our sister, Luther!" Emilia yelled.

It was later that day and Luther had just told Emilia all that had been happening. Apparently Allison had woken up and written something down about Vanya having powers which Pogo had quickly confirmed as being true. Then, Vanya had showed up at the house, but Luther, being the asshole that he was, had knocked her unconscious and locked her up in a holding cell in the basement of the academy.

To say Emilia was pissed was an understatement.

"Let her out," Emilia hissed. "Now." "I can't do that," Luther said with a shake of his head. If looks could kill, he would've been dead.

Emilia shoved past the boy and hurried into the basement to see Vanya on the other side of a door looking frightened and upset. Klaus and Diego stood there in shock and they turned to see Emilia who looked like she was about to burn the whole room down.

Her hands were flickering with fire and her eyes seemed to glow red for a moment as she began to march towards the door. Vanya's eyes lit up at the sight of her and she banged her hands on the door, tears in her eyes as she attempted to call out for her sister.

Emilia was almost there when Luther grabbed ahold of her. "Let me go!" Emilia screeched as she struggled against his grasp, but Luther only lifted her off of the ground more.

"Let her go, Luther! Let her go!" Emilia cried as tears of her own filled her eyes. Vanya was staring right at her, a helpless look on her face as she banged on the door, and the sight of her was enough to make Emilia feel her heat break.

"You locked up our sister because you think she has powers," Diego said in disbelief as he looked at Luther who was still trying to calm Emilia down. "No, I know she does. Pogo told me. He's always known, and so did Dad," Luther told him. "Why would they hide this from us? I mean, am I the only one that didn't know this place existed?" Diego asked.

"Luther, you asshole, I swear to God, if you don't let me down-" Emilia began, but Luther put a hand over her mouth to keep her quiet. Emilia froze in his grasp and her eyes narrowed even more at the boy.

"He hid so much from us," Klaus whispered. "He hid it because he was afraid. . .of her," Luther told them. "Oh, that's ridiculous," Klaus said. "Is it?" Luther asked.

"Ouch!" Luther exclaimed as he dropped the girl. "She bit me!" Emilia glared at him and quickly took a step away as she wiped her mouth. "Grab me again and I will end you," she threatened, her voice deadly serious.

Luther rolled his eyes. "Stop being dramatic, Emilia," he said. Emilia went to take a step forward, but Diego grabbed her arm and she glanced at him before calming down.

"Dad's lied about everything else, why is this so far-fetched?" Luther asked, his gaze falling on Vanya who was silently yelling at them. "If you're right, then maybe she's the one who killed Peabody," Diego suggested.

"Let her out and we can ask," Emilia said as she looked at them all impatiently.

"She could be the one that cut Allison's throat," Luther said. "Whoa, no. Let's. . .I ju—Sorry. Just, let's go back, all right? This is Vanya we're talking about. Our sister. The one who always cried when we stepped on ants as kids," Klaus argued.

"Yeah, I know. I know it's difficult to accept—" Luther began. "It's not difficult to accept, it's impossible to accept," Klaus told him. "No, he's right. Look, we can't keep her locked up without proof," Diego said.

"Wh—what more proof do you need?" Luther asked. "Seeing as you're the one telling us all of this, I'm gonna say a lot since we obviously don't have any proof at the moment," Emilia spat. "Just open the door and we can ask her."

Luther shook his head and grabbed Emilia who had reached for the door. "No, she's not goin' anywhere," Luther said. "No, even if you're right, she needs our help, and we can't do that if she's locked in a cage," Diego argued while Emilia turned to look at Luther who was still holding her shoulder.

Emilia didn't even hesitate before her shoulder grew red. Luther jumped back in surprise and held his now burnt hand close to his body while looking at Emilia with wide eyes. "I told you not to touch me again," she said with a small shrug. Luther just gave her a look.

"Yeah, and for all we know, she might be struggling with this new power. I mean, it must be scary. Terrifying, really to discover that you can do something that you never thought you could do," Klaus said. "Exactly. Do you not see how upset and terrified she already looks?" Emilia asked as she gestured towards their sister. "She needs us, Luther, and you just want to keep her behind locked doors. Do you know how much you sound like Dad right now?"

"Look, if what Pogo told me is even half true, then she is not just a danger to us," Luther said and Emilia glared at him. "Let her out," Emilia insisted. "No," he said.

The sound of footsteps could be heard from behind them and they all turned to see Allison walking in. Emilia sighed at the sight of her and quickly rushed over to the girl to hug her, happy to see her up and moving. Allison hugged her back before giving them all a confused look.

"Allison, what are you doing down here? You should be in bed," Luther told her. Allison pulled away from Emilia to write something down on the notepad in her hand. She held the book up so that everyone could read the words that said Let her go.

"I can't do that. She hurt you," Luther said. Allison rolled her eyes slightly and flipped the page to a new one. My fault, the new note said as she gave Luther a pained and upset look, tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, but she's staying put," Luther argued. Allison shook her head and began to walk forward, but Luther stopped her. Emilia quickly walked over and shoved Luther off of the girl in anger. He looked at the two girls who were obviously upset over their sister and sighed. "Just until we know what we're dealing with," He told them.

Allison tried to move again, but Luther stopped her. She looked at him angrily and hit his chest in anger. She continued to shove him to show that she was mad, unable to talk. "She stays put," Luther said firmly. Allison was sobbing as she tried to walk forward, but Luther continued to stop her until she grew weak and began to fall.

Luther quickly caught her and Emilia took the distraction to try and go by him, but he was quick to use his free hand to stop her. Emilia's whole body was suddenly engulfed with flames and she glared at Luther as her face smoked from where her own tears were hitting the flames on her body.

Luther immediately pulled away and took a step back and in front of Vanya's cell with a weak Allison by his side. Emilia's eyes flickered over to Vanya who was screaming and crying from the other side of the door. A look of pain washed over Emilia's face as she looked at Luther.

"She's your sister," Emilia whispered in disbelief.

Luther only looked down and Emilia shook her head in disbelief. "This is how you're going to make her hate us, can't you see that? You're locking her up and by doing so, she thinks that we are all okay with it as well. Well, guess what, Luther! You're the only asshole here that actually wants to do this!" she screamed.

A heavy silence fell along the room, the only sound coming from the fire that still covered her body. "I'm going to get her out of there one way or another," Emilia assured him. "You can count on that."

And with that, she disappeared from view, the only sign of her having left the room coming from the door slamming shut behind her.

- - -

It didn't take Diego long to find Emilia after she left the room. After all, there was only one place she tended to go when she was really upset and Diego knew exactly where that was because it was the same place he would go, the same place they would go.

Diego opened the door to the roof with a plate full of smiley face pancakes that Grace had made for the two in one hand while he held the door open with the other. He looked around the roof top only to come up empty handed. That didn't mean she wasn't there though.

"Emilia?" Diego called out. "I know you're here, Princess. I just want to talk."

There was a long moment of silence before Emilia spoke up. "Go away," she whispered weakly, her voice shaking, a sign of her having been crying. "Come on, Em. Please," Diego said. "I've got pancakes."

Emilia's form flickered slightly on the edge of the building before she was fully visible again. Her legs were swinging over the side of the building as she sat there and she turned her head to look at him as she wiped her tears away.

"I like pancakes," she said. Diego smiled. "I know. That's why I had Mom cook your favorite," he told her. Her eyes lit up at that. "Chocolate chip pancakes with the little smiley faces made out of fruit on top?" She asked. Diego nodded. "Only the best for my girl," he said.

Emilia smiled slightly and Diego smiled back before walking over to her. He sat down next to her, but kept his feet on the ground and faced her from the opposite direction. He set the plate down in between them and took two forks out of his pocket before holding one out to her.

"Thanks," she whispered as she took the fork. Diego only shrugged. "It's nothing," he said and the two began to eat the pancakes in silence. Emilia looked out at the city before them and let out a small sigh as she ate some of the pancakes.

"He can't just lock her up," Emilia finally whispered. "I know," Diego said. Emilia turned to look at him, the hurt and sadness evident in her eyes. "She's our sister," she told him. "I know," he replied, a sad smile on his face.

"She. . .she's hurting, Diego. She needs out help," Emilia said. "I know," Diego muttered. Emilia chuckled softly. "Is that all you're gonna say?" she asked. "Uh. . .these pancakes are really good," Diego said as he took another bite. Emilia let out a small laugh and shoved the boy playfully making him chuckle.

"You're right. Vanya is our sister and she does need our help. But we can't do anything when Luther's like this. He was willing to get burned just to prevent you from getting to the door to let Vanya out. He's dead seat on this and you and I both know he won't back down," Diego said.

"But he's wrong," Emilia insisted. "What else is new?" Diego asked. The two chuckled softly.

Emilia looked down and Diego sighed before reaching out to take her hand in his own. "We're gonna get her out of there, Emilia. I know I said that Luther isn't going to back down, but that doesn't mean we can't fight back," Diego told her. "We?" Emilia asked. "Yes, we. I'm willing to help you with whatever you need," Diego said.

Emilia smiled at the boy and tilted her head slightly as she looked at him. "What?" Diego asked, his cheeks reddening under her gaze. "I just love you is all," she told him and his face grew even more red.

"I-I love you t-too," Diego said and he mentally cursed himself for having stuttered that out. Emilia only found that more adorable and leaned in to kiss his cheek. She barely pulled away and Diego's breath mixed with her own as he moved his head slightly.

They sat there for a minute before they both moved the extra inch. Their lips met together for a small kiss, the pancakes long forgotten.

Emilia knew in that moment that she would never get used to being able to kiss Diego. She would still get the same butterflies, the same feeling of complete and utter happiness. And she needed that right now, especially with how her life had been turning out so far.

Diego pulled away to rest his head against her forehead and she let out a small groan. He chuckled softly and pecked her lips once more. Before either of them could say anything, the sound of something breaking and crashing to the ground filled the air as the whole building shook violently.

The two pulled away in surprise and Diego quickly grabbed the girl before she could go tumbling over the side of the building and pulled her in the opposite direction. They fell to the ground of the rooftop and sat up.

"Are you okay?" Diego asked and Emilia nodded breathlessly as she pushed herself up off the ground. The building finally stopped shaking and Diego sighed in relief as Emilia helped him up off the ground.

"What the hell was that?" Diego asked, his eyes flickering over to Emilia only to find her looking off in the distance with a frightened and worried look on her face. "What? What is it?" He asked. She looked to him.

"It's Vanya."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 6.9K 26
in which number eight spent her life unnoticed and hidden until the day when her father's death happens. ❪ the umbrella academy ❫ ❪ season num...
1.6M 41.7K 100
(Mostly Klaus, Five and Diego 'cause they're my faves) 1•Luther is an ass 2•Diego is a precious child who needs to be protected 3•Allison is a bit o...
19.8K 440 14
Fourteen years ago your parents died. Fourteen years ago you started your journey to avoid death from the same people who killed your parents. You a...
314K 9K 45
How dysfunctional can a family get? Throw in some powers, an emotionally absent dad, raising emotionally stunted children, one of them stuck in a chi...