when the moon is tired | โœ“ fi...

By natalienbaker

๐ข'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐จ๐ง ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ข๐ซ๐ž๐ the only way two old lovers knew how to pa... More

โฐ.โต moodboard and locations
ยน
ยฒ
ยณ
โด
โต
โถ
โท
โธ
โน
ยนโฐ
ยนยน
ยนยฒ
ยนยณ
ยนโด
ยนโต
ยนโถ
ยนโท
ยนโธ
ยนโน
ยฒยน
ยฒยฒ
ยฒยณ
ยฒโด
ยฒโต
ยฒโถ
ยฒโท
ยฒโธ
ยฒโน
ยณโฐ
ยณยน
ยณยฒ
ยณยณ
ยณโด
ยณโต
ยณโถ
ยณโท
ยณโธ
ยณโน
โดโฐ
โดยน
โดยฒ
โดยณ
โดโด
โดโต
โดโถ
โดโท
โดโธ
โดโน
โตโฐ
โตยน
โตยฒ
โตยณ
โตโด
โตโต
โตโถ
โตโท
โตโธ
โตโน
***
***

ยฒโฐ

2.3K 62 48
By natalienbaker

drugs were a mysterious thing.

a god awful thing in violets eyes.

and what a hypocrite she was, for she was an addict.

that night forward she was completely, utterly addicted to him.

and rather the same thing could be said for him. addicted, in love.

in love in berlin.

soon.

~*~

finns eyes flutter open at the vibration of his alarm clock. he shuts it off in hopes that it hadn't woken violet up. for he knew she always seemed cranky having to wake up to the forceful ringing.

he gets up from his blankets, stumbling through the dark to the kitchen; where he switches on the lights and begins to boil water.

it was what he had been doing for about a month now living with violet, waking up five minutes earlier than usual to wake her in warmth.

he pours the hot water into a coffee mug; dropping a cinnamon tea bag to the steaming contents. he hated cinnamon tea, it was violets favorite.

carefully, he walks back to the bedroom. pulling open the curtains to the sliding glass door, although it was no use. it was much too early for the sun to wake; leaving the outside air a heavy blue tone, just before sunrise.

he sits down to her side of the bed, taking her hand in a squeeze as if he had done it a million times before. he practically had.

softly, she awakes. sitting up in bed as she understands their morning routine by now. she takes the mug he hands over to her.

"thanks." her morning voice whispers, pressing his lips against hers gently.

"last day." he speaks, his own voice raspy from sleep.
"we'll be out of here in less than sixteen hours."

"i wish i could just go to work with you today." she groans, leaning against the wall the bed was pushed to.

"you get to boss around models all day, you have the best job in the world."

"it'd be better if i got to boss you around all day."

he sighs,
"i told you, i'll think about it after this tour."

"i swear i'll help you with your songs every night if you agree to model."

"bargaining with me now?" he hums, a smile tugging to his lips.

she sets down her mug to the bedside table, reaching over to hold finns hand with hers.
"just think about it."

she gets up, walking into their closet with finn behind her. they separate to their sides of the closet as they did most mornings; pulling out their clothes for the day.

finn still, after all these years, remained in jeans and band tshirts. violets attire being much more professional fitting for her job.

"im going to leave work an hour early so that i can come home and pack."

finn watches as she pulls her black jeans over the hips of her bare body. he sheds his own shirt.
"i told you, you should have started packing last weekend."

"i told you you should have packed last weekend." she mocks, heading out the hall to the bathroom as she fumbled with the buttons up her shirt.

soon, finn joins her; taking his toothbrush from the drawer. brushing his teeth as he practically inspects every inch of her, much like he always did. violet barely managed to notice it anymore.

"what time will you be home tonight?"

"five." he mumbles.

"do you want to pick up takeout for dinner on your way home then?"

"yeah i'll take care of dinner."

she smiles to him, kissing his cheek gently; taking in the smell of his cologne.
"i gotta go, have a good day at work."

"you too, baby."

violet leaves, taking her keys off the kitchen counter and making her way out to her car.

the traffic was typical for the time of the morning, and thankfully that particular day she was running early.

by the time she walks through the doors of her workplace, an unusual chaos is spread through the offices.

"whats going on?" she asks the older lady; someone she had been working with for about a month now, and still wasn't sure of her name.

"mavricks coming in tomorrow to talk about the candidates for the design logs in los angeles."

"what? no he wasnt supposed to come in until next month."

"things got bumped up, im pretty sure you should know that if its your job."

she disregards the remark. she didn't feel as comfortable with the people she worked with here, she'd just excepted it by then.

"im leaving out of country tonight, i wont be here-"

"you're going to have to be here if you want a shot."

"no you don't understand, im leaving for berlin tonight with finn. ive requested this off weeks ago."

"then i guess you're not a candidate."

violet sighs, walking off through the rummage of people to get to her office. she settles into her rolling chair, staring at the paperwork stacked in front of her on her neat desk.

she was relying on this candidate selection in hopes that she could be more than just a manager who bosses everyone around; but a designer. she felt that maybe that way, others could start taking her seriously. so she could take herself seriously.

but in order to be selected she must be there.

as she stares at the blank paperwork set out for her to fill out, she considers the possibilities of how difficult it would be for her to catch a flight to berlin the next night on her own. meeting the band out there. in fact, she even picks up her work phone and dials in finns number; it rings twice but she hangs up before he answers.

the band had a tour starting in berlin, she was looking forward to going. but she wasnt sure if she was making the right choice between the band and her career these days.

regardless, she fills out the paperwork; ending in a questionnaire. violet chuckles to herself at the general questions; such silly questions for such a serious job.

she skims through them; filling them out with an answer that she figured would make her look good. although her hand halts from writing on the blank space underneath the bold writing that contained a question that stung her head.

who is one person you look up to and why?

she thinks for a while, tapping her pen in the rhythm of a song to the desk. it was a question that made her think deeply; for she knew the answer quite instantly. but it was whether she wanted to share what she truly felt to everyone.

and then, an epiphany hits in that the only person that could possibly be written down, had shared her existence with the world for years.

she she writes it down, a paragraph that practically explained every emotion in her head into a few sentences.

she drops the pen to the table, standing from her chair with a clipboard in hand. ready for the day to be through so that she could forget about her job; and spend time with the people she looked up to.

~*~

"alright everyone, as you all know tomorrow is a hectic day for the staff here. i think only a few of you are participating which means that im giving you guys the day off tomorrow instead of the scheduled time next month. now if theres any problems-"

violets cut off with the calling of her name within the midst of the tall models surrounding her. nevertheless, she continues.

"if theres any problems, contact me directly either through email or to my office. now-"

"violet!" the voice calls again.

"what!" she directs harshly, finding the face of the same lady that had given her a hard time earlier.

"theres a group of kids out in the lobby, asking for you."

"oh uh," she lets out a sigh; looking around to the wandering eyes on her.
"okay well thats all i guess. thanks for your time."

she walks from the crowd surrounding her, down the hallway and out into the bright lobby. standing in the center of the marble floors stood finn, jack, ayla and malcolm. all talking to one another until violet approaches them.

"hey guys?" she checks her watch; it only a half past one.

"hey." finn smiles to her, holding out a brown paper bag to her.
"we uh, we brought you lunch."

"oh, thanks." she smiles, taking it from him. finn pulls her into a hug; she accepts it, smiling to the others.

"this is where you work, huh? fancy." jack looks around.

"yeah its, not typically hectic like this but..."

"yeah whats going on?" finn looks around, arm still remained around her waist.

"mavericks coming tomorrow." she digs through the bag, pulling out a subway sandwich.

"what? for that thing?"

she nods, a mouth full.

"i thought he wasn't supposed to come for that until next month?"

violet sighs,
"he was, but he moved it without me knowing i guess."

"so what does that mean?" ayla asks,
"do you have to stay?"

"i don't know, this is such a big opportunity for me..."

finn looks to her in a sorrow filled smile. of course he understood, but nonetheless he was disappointed.

"but maverick knew i was leaving, he was the one that okayed it. so i guess im going."

"so what does that mean for your job?"

"manager isn't so bad." she shrugs.

"violet! you've got a model throwing up in the bathroom again."

she glances behind her to the wrinkly women, she calls back that she would be just a minute. turning back around to her friends who have unimpressed smiles to their faces.

violet drops the sandwich back to the bag.
"and there goes lunch. good timing, huh?"

"good luck with that one." malcolm laughs gently.

"yeah well." she sighs,
"i gotta get back. but thank you guys for the food, i really appreciate it."

"we'll see you tonight, violet." malcolm places a hand to her shoulder, pulling her into a tight hug. lately he had been grateful for her putting things between them in the past.

"i'll see you when you get home, vi." finn pecks her lips, letting off a smile at the sight of her eyes.

she stands dumbfounded at the showing of his affection in public despite not being together. it was unexpected, for violets heart fluttered in warmth.

the others look taken back, ayla flashing a smile towards her two friends. she knew they were in love once more, she could feel it. she could feel that it was more than just a kiss.

"bye guys." she waves them off, heaving back to the busy hallways as they exit out the front door. she drops off her left over lunch in the fridge within her office.

soon after, she heads back to the bathrooms where she had been dealing with a sickness that seemed to be spreading through the models lately.

she really hated that this was her job, she wanted more.

but she had to make a choice,

and for whatever reason the people she loved,

seemed more important than her job.

1900 wc

- wondering why calpurnia can go to
countries across the world but cant hop the
boarder to michigan SO I CAN SEE THEM ajhSBBDJRND

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.8K 1.9K 17
"๐™„ ๐™™๐™ž๐™™๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช, ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™จ ๐™Ÿ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช...๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™›๐™ช๐™ฃ." *I wrote this when I was not experi...
326K 8.1K 23
๐ก๐ฎ๐ซ๐ญ | in which aria puts her trust in somebody she wishes she never met. โ WHAT, PRINCESS? DID YOU REALLY THINK I'D WANT YOU? โž ( finn wolfha...
210K 5.1K 30
Out of everyone in the world, Why are you choosing me? โ™ก
34.9K 730 34
"๐˜š๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ"