ANCHOR。 DIEGO HARGREEVES

By overture-

❝ oh, you haven't heard? damaged people thrive when side by side. ❞ in which the amateur magician and the int... More

。 anchor
。 graphic gallery
。 trailer
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.

10.

6.9K 393 159
By overture-

TEN; SABRINA IS INCREDIBLY INCAPABLE AND ALSO A DUMBASS

Sabrina nodded her head to the beat of the music that travelled throughout her apartment. She practically flew between the two main rooms, trying to find the little bits and bobs she needed to take with her. She wore her blue hoodie under her leather jacket, with her hair tucked behind her ears and a pair of Doctor Martens on her feet. She knew she had to be comfortable, yet badass. It was a cooler outfit than Diego had, to say the least.

Skidding to a halt to check her reflection in the mirror in her bedroom, Sabrina pouted her lips and pulled finger guns dramatically. "Freeze, pal. Get your hands up. Who am I? Oh, I'm the Reverie. What's your worst-"

She stopped in the middle of her sentence. Shit, that was a lucky catch.

Straightening her posture and brushing off imaginary dust from her jacket, Sabrina stared herself in the eye and smiled encouragingly. "You can do this. You can do this."

The woman then turned around and walked back into the lounge, picking up the protein bar she had left on the coffee table and the switchblade she had bought from a garage sale from the kitchen bench. She had everything she needed, and she didn't need to worry about her dog, as Gary was well fed and fast asleep in his bed, content with his adventures of the day.

As she grabbed her keys from the metal hand sculpture she kept by the doorway, Sabrina's eyes flickered to the phone on her wall. Her mind unwillingly wandered to the person who would hate her for what she was about to do.

Maybe you should call him. Letting him know is the smartest thing a dumbass like you could do.

Groaning, Sabrina stomped towards the device and picked it up, dialing the number she knew off by heart. She put the receiver up to her ear and listening to the ringing. Would he pick up? Probably not. He was usually out saving the city around this time of night.

"It's Diego. Leave a message," came the short recording for his voicemail, and Sabrina smiled a little, hoping rushing through her body once more.

"Hey, big D..." she began, though she quickly trailed off. That wasn't the best nickname to start the one sided conversation on. "Uh, Diego. It's Brie. Just wanted to say that I'm going on my first mission-thing tonight. By myself. If you don't want me to go alone, that's fine, but you're gonna have to tell me in the next three seconds, cause I'm about to leave. One, two, two and a half, three. Oops! You missed me, I'll let you know how it went tomorrow! Deuces, Diego!"

She hung up the phone and let the weight from her shoulders drop. Well, at least if he got angry at her for not telling him, he'd be in the wrong. She did let him know, it just wasn't executed in the best way.

★☆

It was a good night.

Well, it wasn't a good night in the sense that she was surrounded by a local gang, who all had knives and guns and practically any other weapon to harm her in existence. But, gosh, the thrill! Sabrina hated the fact that she was enjoying this. So, to her, it was pretty damn cool.

"What's a pretty thing like you walking around all alone at two o'clock?" one of the burly men asked in a patronising tone. Sabrina tilted her head and smiled slyly. "You might get yourself hurt."

"Well, I've got a day off work tomorrow...well, technically today," Sabrina shrugged lightly in response, maintaining eye contact with the man she was conversing with. She wasn't scared, she was actually full of adrenaline. "So, I thought I'd take a nice stroll around the city, see the night life. You guys come out here often?"

"You talk too much," another piped up, her voice sharp and irritated. Sabrina's eyes travelled over and met a pair of sharp blue ones.

"Talking's great! I love to talk, I think it's the best weapon," Sabrina responded brightly. "You've got lovely eyes, by the way. Usually I get sick of people with blue eyes, cause they talk about them all the time. I think brown eyes should get more appreciation, don't you think? They're gorgeous."

"Shut up," the woman hissed, the knife in her hand glinting in the limited streetlight. It was a dark alleyway, with no possible escape. To put it simply, Sabrina was screwed. Her dumbass didn't know that yet, though.

"Ouch," she hummed in response, tucking her hands in her pockets. The gang members straightened up a little bit, and she slowly removed them once more. "Don't worry, fellas. I'm unarmed. All I've got is a five dollar switchblade I found a few years ago. I'm not really one for knives or firearms. They all seem a little...deadly. I mean, there are far more interesting ways to get hurt. You could...fall down three flights of stairs, fight a bear, slam your fingers in a car door..."

"If she says one more word I'm putting a bullet in her head," a fourth person growled, and Sabrina pursed her lips, the ends quirking up a little bit.

"Not her head," the first man held his finger up. "Wouldn't want to ruin that beautiful face. Do the legs instead. That means she can't run away."

It had now settled in.

You see? This was why Diego didn't want you to go on a mission with him, let alone by yourself! You could probably fight two people, maximum. There's eight or nine here, which you didn't even bother counting. They've all got weapons, and what do you have? A shitty knife and sheer dumb luck? What're you gonna do, charm them into letting you go? God, you're such an idiot. You've never been able to manipulate more than one person at a time unless they're kids who share the same damn dream. You should've listened to Diego, yet here you are. An absolute dumbass.

Maybe the voice in her head was right. It usually was, but Sabrina just never bothered to listen to it. It probably would've been the best idea to pay attention this one time, though.

"Only one more word, honey," the man sneered, and Sabrina hesitated, finally letting the fear seep into her features. "Ah, you're scared now, aren't ya? Guess you've finally learned who you're dealing with."

"A douchebag and his dreamboat gun buddies?" her quip escaped her before she could stop it, and she quickly clamped her mouth shut. Her eyes widened in shock of what she had just done. Great, now, she was screwed. Before she could even breathe or move a muscle, she felt a burning pain in her thigh following a loud 'bang'. Gasping in shock, Sabrina fell back against the wall of the alleyway, her eyes flickering down to see gushing blood from her leg. "Shit, you weren't kidding."

Bang!

Sabrina screamed and fell to the ground, tears involuntarily streaming down her cheeks. The other leg had a hole in it now, too.

What did I say? Dumbass.

Her teeth clenched together until her jaw began to hurt as the searing sensation spread across her body. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

She didn't even realise she had shut her eyes. She tried to open them, but everything seemed to be spinning. Was she dying?

"You're such a fucking moron," she heard someone say. It was muted and sounded like an old commercial from the seventies. She had seen one on television on some kind of anniversary or a death of someone. She couldn't really remember. "Brie, stay with me, okay?"

"Did I beat them?" she slurred, stirring a little as she felt a little lighter. "Did I win?"

"Of course you didn't win," the person grumbled in response. "I'm gonna help you, alright?"

Sabrina's head lolled to the side and she hummed, before wincing in agony. "Ow."

Diego ran his hands through his hair as he stared down at her broken body, before back at the fatalities he had left in his wake. She was incredibly lucky that he had gotten her voicemail in time, and that he knew this city like the back of his hand. The gang was no match for his sharpshooting skills, but they had gotten to the woman before he could stop the bullets. "You're gonna be okay."

She was gonna be okay.

★☆

TO REITERATE.

SABRINA. IS. A. DUMBASS.

SHE IS SO FUCKING STUPID AND NAIVE

SHE'S LIKE: OMG WHAT IF I JUST FOUGHT A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WAY STRONGER AND MORE EXPERIENCED IN EVERY ASPECT OF FIGHTING THAN ME

DEADASS THIS IS SABRINA AFTER ACTIVELY CHOOSING TO GO AND GET HER ASS WHOOPED WITH NO CHANCE OF SUCCESS WHATSOEVER;

GOD. SHE'S SUCH AN IDIOT. but i love her. don't be mean to my precious baby she may be dumb but she would die for you and i would die for her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 151 35
{diego hargreeves ff} Kate Patch doesn't know much about her boyfriend's family or their upbringing but offers her own debatable skills as they all t...
Luzia ² By X_random_X

General Fiction

47.5K 1.1K 19
"Because from the moment something bad happens to you, they all act like they care" -Luzia Hargreeves "Team zero" Book two
312K 8.9K 45
How dysfunctional can a family get? Throw in some powers, an emotionally absent dad, raising emotionally stunted children, one of them stuck in a chi...
4.4K 158 33
Leta Hargreeves, mentee of the world renowned Reginald Hargreeves and a member of the Umbrella Academy, had tried her hardest to forget her past. Wea...