The Lost Treasure

By LightningMcQueen6

Ibrahim and his friends have always dreamed of having an adventure. But what will they do when they find them... More

The Beginning
The Forest
The Shack
A little hide and seek
The run
Under the cover of darkness
Off to the market
Setting the plan in motion
Hiding in plain sight
The spies

Deciphering the paper

29 4 10
By LightningMcQueen6

David's point of view:

  Well, the chances of us having an adventure had actually increased tenfold. An ordinary trip to explore the forest had turned in to a chase, and a game of hide and seek. And now me, Ronan and Ibrahim were heading back to the house in the absolute darkness of the late night.

  I just hoped my parents were not worrying too much about us. I didn't have a watch, but I was pretty sure that it was getting close to midnight.

Speaking of which, I would have some explaining to do to them.

  But that's ok, because they are pretty lax with us. They know that they can trust me to take care of everyone if we ever got in to a fix.

  Mom and Dad could help us with the paper too, they could clear up this mystery of the numbers and letters and maybe, just maybe, they'd tell us something exciting.

A couple of blocks passed, and soon my house came in to view.

At last

  I turned the doorknob, and we shuffled in quietly through the doorway, careful not to disturb anyone. All the lights were off, that meant my parents were asleep.

That was good, I was too tired to explain anything at the moment anyway.

  Everyone went in to the bedroom while I went to change in to my night clothes. When I was done, Ronan went in to change.

  I went in to the bedroom to see Ben already sleeping on the top part of his bunk bed. He hadn't even changed.

Typical Ben

  Charlie was also passed out cold on the mattress. It seemed all that had happened had been very exhausting for him, and indeed, it had been.

  I flopped down on to my mattress and buried my face in my pillow, enjoying it's cool softness. I instantly relaxed and my breathing soon went from moderate, quick breaths to slow, deep breaths.

  Making the effort, I pulled the covers over myself and covered myself almost completely to shut out the outside light and cold.

  I heard Ronan enter the room a minute later, and I asked him to shut off the lights, which he did after delivering a funny comment about our laziness. I heard the sound of him laying down and adjusting himself in to a comfortable position on his bed.

And then silence

  Sleep didn't come to me though, even though it seemed to have come to all the others. And so I just lay awake, replaying the events of the day, replaying them over and over, and over again. But no matter how much I thought about it, I just couldn't think of what the symbols on the paper meant.

What could they mean?

Just, what could they possibly mean?

The answer seemed like it was so simple, and yet...I simply couldn't grasp it

What does it mean?

Guess I'd just have to wait to find out. Hopefully my parents could help.

I'm confident they will, they know so much. They'll be able to..to.....

And like that I was out like a light.

***

"David? David?"

"Mmm, yes?" I responded in a sleepy voice.

"I was so worried something had happened. Why did you come back so late?" asked my mom.

  "Mmm, I'm very sorry to have gotten you worried mom." I apologized, trying my best to open my eyes.

  She sighed, and then pulled me in to a warm embrace. "Oh well, I'm just happy that everyone is alright, but please don't do this again, okay?"

"Yes mom" I nodded, hugging her back.

"So, did you do a good bit of exploring?" my mom asked.

"Yes, it really was exciting" I replied, still hugging her.

"Did you see anything interesting?" she asked, looking into my blue eyes.

  "Nothing you wouldn't expect to find in a forest" I answered, wondering if I should tell her about the paper, but decided against it.

"Would you like some breakfast David?" she asked, smiling.

"Yes please mom" I said, happy at the thought of eating something after so long.

"Alright then" she said with a laugh, before giving me a quick hug and kiss on the head. "Would you like some pancakes?"

"More than anything" I said happily.

  "You can wake the others up then, don't tell them about the pancakes" she winked. "I want it to be a surprise."

"Okie mom" I winked back, pulling the quilt off of myself.

Everyone looked so cozy and happy snuggled in their quilts. I had to be a heartless monster to wake them up.

And unfortunately for everyone, I was

"Hey guys" I said softly, "It's time to get up. Wake up."

No one woke up on the first try.

Typical

"Guys" I called a little louder, "Wake up."

"Mmmmm" groaned Ibrahim. "Five more minutes."

"We have to decipher the paper man, come on" I urged.

"Mmm nah, that can wait Dave, 5 more minutes please" Ibrahim pleaded.

"We're getting pancakes..." I said.

  "Pancakes? Why didn't you say so!" Ibrahim said, leaping out of the bed immediately. "Are they ready?"

I nodded, and chuckled as I saw him dash out of the room like lightning.

Now I had to get the others to wake up.

Yeah, that wasn't going to be easy.

"Ronan, wake up man" I said, pushing him slightly.

"W..wa? Oh, hey David" Ronan greeted sleepily. "Wassup?"

"Nothing much, come on, we have got to decipher those numbers and letters."

  "Oh, the numbers?" he mumbled sleepily. "I thought about it, and I believe they are co-ordinates."

"Co-ordinates? You're a genius Ronan!" I exclaimed.

  "Yeah, I am a genius" Ronan mumbled softly. "Good night Dave" he whispered before shutting his eyes and snuggling in to the pillow.

  Not wasting any time, I rushed over to the computer and switched it on. I opened a google tab and clicked the link which directed me to a page of google maps.

  "Hmm, let's see, 60,6" I whispered, totally focused on the screen. I typed the numbers in to the search bar, and waited for the screen to load.

"Bingo" I said, clapping my hands together. "Hordaland, Norway."

After that, I tried to find anything that could possibly tand for Trht, but unfortunately I couldn't.

A few minutes passed, but no luck.

Sighing, I got up and went out of the room to have some breakfast.

  The pancakes were already set on the table, so I pulled out a seat for myself and sat down. Ibrahim was eating his last pancake, and he looked like he was loving every bite. I put four pancakes in to my plate and started eating.

Holding it in my hands, I took my first bite.

  I was in heaven, the way that the pancakes melted in to my mouth in an explosion of cream and cheese just left me in bliss.

  Eventually though, I finished my breakfast and took my plates to the kitchen with Ibrahim doing the same.

"So, find out anything?" Ibrahim asked me as I put the plates in to the sink.

  "The numbers are co-ordinates. 60,6 points to Hordaland, Norway" I answered, turning the handle of the tap, allowing the water to flow out of it.

"Norway? You sure?" Ibrahim asked as he started washing the dishes.

"Positive" I replied, helping him out with the dishes.

"And the letters? What do they mean?" asked Ibrahim excitedly.

  "No idea yet, but at least we know what the numbers mean" I shrugged. "Wanna wake up everyone else?"

"Sure, they've slept long enough anyway" he grinned.

We both got up, and mentally prepared ourselves for something we may not return from.

  It didn't take long before everyone had woken up. Ben had been the hardest out of all of them to wake. We literally had to shout in his ear to even get him to grunt in response, and even after that he kept his face buried in the pillow, refusing to move. Eventually, we just dragged him out of bed, literally.

  Me along with everyone else found this to be particularly hilarious, though it didn't seem like Ben was enjoying the incident as much as we were, but oh well. Not everyone was fun.

  I just waited for everyone else to finish breakfast before I told them the good news, I didn't want them choking on their food of course.

And the moment Charlie took the last bite of his pancake, I said it.

"I figured out what the numbers mean!"

Charlie immediately choked on the food. Maybe I should have waited a little longer.

"You did?" He asked after a few moment, swallowing his food. "What's it mean?"

"Co-ordinates, they point to Hordaland, Norway" I explained.

"That's good and all" interrupted Ronan, "What's our next move then?"

  "We first get our bikes back from the shed, and then we see what we can do about the co-ordinates" I replied.

  "Are you sure we should go out in the open during day time, especially after yesterday?" Ibrahim asked hesitantly.

"Well, what's life without a little fun?" I grinned.

"You're right, let's go!" Ronan exclaimed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 1 87
IT'S THE RISE OF THE FIRST FAIRIES AND THE ENTIRE WORLD IS ABOUT TO CHANGE. WHEN THE TWO GIRLS MEET SIX OTHER GIRLS THE ADVENTURES DEFINITELY START...
32 0 17
In a world where people can be animals, the future predicted. 3 teens cast away into a lab then escape to live a normal life but is almost dragged ba...
107 21 21
Come along with these 4 forever friends, as they get trapped in a cave, suffer sever injuries, make a way out, team up with 2 natives and travel the...
5.6K 198 13
One day, you and your friend get stuck in an elevator with seven other people. After spending many hours getting to know them, will your friendship c...