Opposites Attract

By fallenxroses

In Khloe King's lame attempt to get over Hayden Ross, her neighbor, she agrees to move away with her mother t... More

opposites attract
01. secret crushes & surprises
02. dinners & discussions
03. apologies & disappointment
04. ex boyfriends & school projects
05. phone numbers & basketball teams
06. jealousy & shame
07. deep convos & decisions
09. sisters & ice cream
10. skipped classes & long lasting smiles
11. hospitals & memories from the past
12. family & the truth
13. cheaters & photos
14. fast paced heart beats & fake smiles
15. drug tests & liars
16. trust issues & boy fights
17. secrets & confessions
18. police stations & complete chaos
19. love & despair
20. criminals & resentment
21. judgemental stares & denial
22. stomach butterflies & temptations
23. sweet nothings & large burgers
24. heartbreak & family arrangements
25. grandmothers & affection
26. hugs & kisses
27. hot boys & jail cells
28. first dates & spaghetti
29. court rooms & girl fights
30. business deals & basketball games
31. blackmail & broken marriages
32. passion & revenge
33. old secrets & new secrets
34. family dinners & stressful situations
35. engagement rings & realization
36. new beginnings & heartfelt moments
37. missing friends & unforeseen plans 

08. parties & surprises

5.7K 219 83
By fallenxroses

"What is the problem with your sister coming to visit, Khloe?" Andrew asked tilting his head at me. "I thought you two were very close."

I briefly glanced over at Kiera and Hayden, my eyes then darted towards the ground. "There is no problem with it. I'm happy to see her again." I mumbled.

I was telling the truth. There was no real problem with Luna coming back. I truly did miss her. I was actually supposed to call her a few days ago like Kiera had told me to.

Andrew nodded his head slowly as he took a step closer towards me. "You know," He smiled. "There are some things that I won't tell your mother."

"I know, Andy." I smiled back at him. "We have to go now. I'm going to go say bye to everyone." I walked back into the kitchen and saw mom engaging in a very important conversation with Hayden's parents it seemed like.

I spotted Alicia playing with her barbie dolls and I grabbed her arm gently. "Hey Alicie," I said softly.

Alicia turned around quickly and instantly a smile appeared on her thin lips. "Hey, Khlo!" She yelled.

"Hi!" I said matching her energy. "I'm going to leave now, but I promise tomorrow we'll spend the whole day together. Luna is coming to visit."

Alicia scrunched up her nose when I mentioned Luna. "I don't want to see her."

"What?" I shook my head slowly. "She's your other sister, Alicie. Luna loves you."

Sure, Luna wasn't around much but she loves Alicia just as much as I do.

Suddenly Alicia's face lit up. "Luna? Yeah, Luna! I love her. When is she going to come see me?"

"Tomorrow," I smiled looking back at Kiera standing next to Hayden. Kiera was always incredibly impatient. "Okay I'll see you later, bye!" I wrapped my arms around her body.

After I had finished gathering my things together Kiera, Hayden and I said our goodbyes and left. Hayden offered to drive Kiera and I to the party but before I could even say anything Kiera ran towards his car.

I was about to get into the back seat when Kiera tugged onto my arm. "Sit beside him, in the passenger seat." She whispered harshly. "Go." I rolled my eyes and followed Keira's orders.

Kiera was slightly different from me though. She was loud, bubbly and had no trouble making conversations with people she barely knew.

"How was your old school like?" Kiera asked looking over at Hayden. "I heard it's pretty far from here! I mean our school is fine and stuff, but it's filled with bitchy girls who think one day they'll be royalty or something." She rolled her eyes. I knew she was talking about Ashlynn and her followers.

The sound of Hayden's laughter filled the car. I glanced his way. It was a nice sound. "Yeah, I agree with you." He nodded his head, "But my school was fine as well, my family and I moved here because of my grandmother. She was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. We wanted to move closer towards her so that she wouldn't have to move. She hates moving." Hayden laughed a little.

Kiera gasped loudly. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know." Kiera then glanced over at me and her eyes were demanding for me to say something.

"I'm really sorry, Hayden." I said looking over at him. "I remember seeing your grandmother years ago. She was a sweet lady."

Hayden barely smiled. "Thanks, I appreciate it."

Just as quickly as our conversation started it ended when Hayden pulled up onto Josh's driveway, and then we all got out of the car.

As soon as we walked into Josh's house, I could see teens from different schools dancing to the music and having fun.

Hayden smiled at Kiera and I as he walked away, probably going to find some guys on the basketball team. I waved at him while Kiera looked for Yasmin, Xander, and Noah.

"Hey girl!" I heard a high pitched squeal and I automatically knew it was Yasmin. She smiled as she threw her extremely straight jet black hair over her shoulders, and wrapped her arms around my body.

"Hey guys," I smiled as I saw Xander come up from behind Yasmin. "There's a lot of people here."

"I know right!" Kiera said, but she meant it in a completely different way then I did. "I'm going to get us drinks." Kiera walked away pulling on Yasmin's arm leaving Xander and I standing there alone.

"Xander Lu," I somewhat yelled over the loud music. "How have you been?"

Xander grinned as he shook his head. "I'm good, except for the fact that I think I might have a seizure. These lights are killing me."

Xander was right. Josh had set up flashing LED lights of various colours. It was kind of making me feel dizzy.

I laughed, "You're right." I looked past Xander for a second to make sure nor Yasmin or Kiera was going to walk into the middle of our conversation. "Your crazy girlfriend doesn't have anything planned tonight, does she?"

Xander snorted. "Your guess is as good as mine, Khlo."

I winced. "I'm honestly scared of those two." I said referring to my best friends. "I'm scared of what they might do to get revenge."

Xander reached out and touched my shoulder gently. "Believe me, I know. I see the look in Yasmin's eyes when Ashlynn walks by." He mumbled. "It's pretty terrifying."

I nodded my head slowly. I truly do hope Kiera or Yasmin didn't cook up a plan for tonight. I came here because they wanted me to have fun, which is what I'll try to do.

"Hey guys!" Noah suddenly appeared beside Xander. "You know, you guys are my best friends right?" Noah's words were extremely slurred.

A heavy sigh left my lips. "Noah! How are you already drunk?"

Noah shrugged his shoulders as he basically fell onto me. I wrapped my arms around his body to prevent him from falling onto his face.

"Damn," Kiera mumbled appearing with two red cups in her hands. "Looks like Noah doesn't need another drink."

Xander threw his head back in laughter. "How long has he been here? For what... three minutes? And he's already wasted."

Kiera let out a huff of air as she handed me the two red cups. "Here, Khloe, hold these." She said as she grabbed Noah by the arm. "I'll go put him in Josh's room or something."

Kiera quickly walked away dragging Noah behind her.

A few minutes later I was standing by myself. Yasmin and Xander wanted to go dance and I told them it was fine, because Kiera should be coming back soon. Only, she was taking a strange amount of time. I had been standing in the same spot for a about ten minutes.

I pulled out my phone and sent her a quick text message. While I was already staring down at my phone waiting for Kiera to reply, I got a text from Luna.

She wanted me to call her sometime soon, but I couldn't do that here because the music was so loud she wouldn't be able to hear anything I was saying. I made the decision to go upstairs because it was much quieter up there, and maybe I would be able to find Kiera or at least even Noah.

Once I was upstairs I dialled Luna's number.

"Hey!" She said happily into the phone.

"Hey Luna," I said not really matching her energy. "it's been forever since we last talked."

I heard Luna sigh over the phone. "Yeah I know, but that isn't only my fault."

"You're right." I confessed glancing down in shame, even though I knew she couldn't see me.

I meant to call Luna days ago but I had been so distracted that I forgot. When she first moved out I tried to call her as much as I could but as the months went on, I realized that our relationship was more one sided. If I didn't call her, I wouldn't hear anything from her end for weeks at a time. 

"Look Luna..." I mumbled quickly. "I know our relationship isn't the best right now and I want to fix that. You're the only sister I grew up with— I love Alicia and Andrew but I haven't known them for years like I have with you."

It really did make me upset that I could literally feel how much my relationship with my sister was falling apart. "I want to be close like how we were when we were younger." I let out a quiet laugh.

"Awh, Khlo," Luna said slowly. "I'm coming back tomorrow actually, I hope mom told you."

"Yeah, she did."

"Good! I would love to talk more, and we can go visit dad." Luna beamed over the phone.

I smiled to myself. "I'm really looking forward to it, but hey— I'm at a party right now and I need to find my friends so I'll talk to you later."

Luna laughed. "Okay bye, have fun." She paused for a few seconds. "I love you Khloe, remember that."

"I love you too." I said before I hung up the phone and stuck it into my purse.

"Where the hell are you, Kiera?" I yelled out loud to myself. I sighed looking down at the ground. This is the reason why I hated leaving my house.

I continued to walk around the upstairs floor where there were various different rooms. I wondered which one Kiera had put Noah in. I didn't know where Josh's room exactly was. I hadn't actually been in Josh's house for awhile.

As I walked down the hall I noticed one door was slightly open so I walked closer towards the room door and pulled it open.

The room was dark but from what I could see, my best friends Kiera Knight and Noah Turner were in the middle of an intense make out session.

Wait... what!?

My jaw dropped open. "Oh shit!" I yelled and almost immediately Noah and Kiera both jumped up onto their feet. They looked completely caught off guard.

Maybe they should have at least locked the door?

I don't think I've ever seen Kiera's face so red then it was at this moment I was standing there in front of them with my mouth hung open.

I stepped back out of the room. "I-I" My mind was frantically searching for something I could say. "I'm sorry... I should leave? Right! I will leave. I'm really sorry, the door was open and I was just going to check if Noah was okay."

I turned to leave the room just as Kiera ran towards me and grabbed my wrist stopping me from moving. "Khloe... he's drunk and we just—"

I waved my hand in the air. "No." The word left my mouth quickly. "You really don't have to explain anything to me. It's okay, you guys didn't do anything wrong, I promise."

Before Kiera or Noah could even say anything else I pulled my wrist away from Kiera's grip and left the room closing the door loudly behind me.

What did I just witness?

"You saw that too right?"

My head snapped up quickly. "What?" I uttered.

Hayden was standing in front of me laughing. "Yeah," He looked back at the room Kiera and Noah were in. "I had to use the washroom downstairs, but it smelled too much like vomit so I came up here."

"You saw?"

Hayden nodded his head. "The door was open and I heard some... certain noises."

I didn't know what else to do expect for laugh. "I can't believe it!" I yelled. "The second we got to the party Noah was already drunk, so Kiera said she would take him upstairs, but she never came back..."

Hayden smiled at me. "Noah told me how in love he was with Kiera. I didn't think she felt the same way about him."

"That's exactly what I thought. She didn't seem interested at all, maybe she was drunk too?" I shook my head. "I don't know. Can we go downstairs before they come out of that room?"

Hayden nodded his head and followed me down the stairs. Once we were downstairs I turned to look at him. "You won't tell anyone will you?"

Hayden immediately shook his head. "No, I wouldn't do that Khloe. All they know is that you saw so... it's all on you."

"Wow," I let out a heavy breath. "Thanks for making this easier for me."

"It's what I do." Hayden grinned.

"There you are!" Yasmin yelled suddenly appearing in front of me. "Are you guys having fun?" She looked at Hayden and I both.

"Yeah," Hayden answered before I could. "I would say it's been a interesting night."

Hayden looked over at me with a grin on his face. I laughed shaking my head. "Interesting alright."

• • •
lmao i find this chapter funny.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326 2 15
Maddison's life as a 22 year old, conquering New York, is the most ideal life you could see in a magazine. Possibly even mistaken her for a runway mo...
264K 7.3K 29
|| Highest Rank - #40 in Teen Fiction (4-20-17) || [previously called The Bad Boys Nerd] [previously called Broken Love] {first story, so it's rough}...
1.1K 174 27
Hayden Mackenzie move to a new town were she was loved by her now new friends and hated by some popular girls(Bitches as she claimed them to be )...
52.2K 633 43
"You haven't gotten the dynamics of our relationship down yet, have you? Let me explain it to you: we're involved, very involved. You're mine, and yo...