The Monster's Love

By SammyKitty93

One snowy night Eva ventures outside upon hearing a loud crash and comes face to face with a creature of the... More

*Prologue
*Chapter 1: Reunion
*Chapter 2: Discusision
*Chapter 3: Fear
*Chapter 4: Tears.
*Chapter 5: Trust
*Chapter 6: Outing
*Chapter 7: Necromancers
*Chapter 8: Companion
*Chapter 9: Fight
*Chapter 10: Packing
*Chapter 11: Parents
*Chapter 13: His
*Chapter 14: Blank
*Chapter 15: Memories
Chapter 16: In Which It's Finally over
Epilogue

*Chapter 12: Happiness

16.7K 716 203
By SammyKitty93

Chapter 12:

Happiness

The days that followed were extremely busy. The shop was constantly packed with people buying ingredients for spells and potions as well as asking Spectra and Jasper for readings. Lucile was even keeping busy by selling her herbs and remedies in the shop which became extremely popular among the people of the underground considering the nearest doctor was in the capital city, a day's walk for many. Eva even offered to open up as a healer but her Gran and Spectra refused saying it was too much of a risk.

After the shop closed for the day, Eva was led down to a room in the basement beside her Gran's where she would spend a few hours training. Spectra and Lucile would take turns every other day teaching Eva everything they knew. Lucile would go over the basics of fighting, some things remember having been taught by her parents, and combat while Spectra would build off that and teach more advanced techniques. Some days they would take breaks from combat so Spectra could teach her how to do spells, wield magic for attacks, and combine it with her physical attacks to make them more potent. Those days were always the roughest considering it took a lot of energy to wield magic and perform spells. To cast you had to harness the power from within you and shape with your will on what you wanted to do with it. Ultimately she was surprised how quick she picked up everything they were teaching her. Fighting soon became second nature.

Despite their initial reason for moving she was beginning to enjoy her life in the underground. She even managed to make some friends there, something that made her grin every time she thought about it. They were two girls, Valery, a pixie hiding from her crazed step mother, and Laura, a mermaid who was hiding from the blood slave trade after escaping a few years prior, but they had really hit it off. They all were hiding from something and could relate to one another. Eva even found herself telling the two girls all about her worries and they, in turn, confided in her theirs it was like she was a normal young woman. She couldn't even confide in Penny the way she could in Valery and Laura. However there was one relationship that had gone south since their arrival in the underground.

Spectra had told her Jasper was still going to be a little unstable until the ghoul's soul and life energy left his system completely which wouldn't be for a few weeks. Knowing this Eva had tried her best to avoid doing or saying anything that would stress him out or send his protective side into overdrive. After lessons she would eat her dinner and then hide in her room away from Jasper. She didn't want to risk putting him in anymore painful situations until she was sure he could handle it again.

Jasper was attempting to avoid Eva as well. The memories of what happened at her apartment and seeing her parents again for the first time since his abduction years ago had reminded him of how much of a monstrosity he truly was. If Eva hadn't stopped him, she and everyone in that building would've been dead. The very thought made him sick. He determined, for the time being, the only way to keep her safe was to keep his distance. Despite this he continued to find himself pausing when he saw her walking his way, wanting to talk to her, confide in her like he used to. The minute she saw him though she would high tail it in the other direction reaffirming his decision for him. The longer it went on though the harder it became to ignore her especially when he saw the progress she was making with Spectra and Lucile and wanted to go up and hug her. When she fought he saw hints of the Eva he knew before shine through, it was torture.

Soon the allotted weeks had passed and Jasper was once again back to being his stable self. Eva was excited and couldn't wait to begin speaking with him, hoping to learn about their past together that Spectra had refused to tell her about. However Jasper was still too ashamed to talk to her, afraid that she saw him as ticking time bomb waiting to go off. Time after time she attempted to ask him to go out with her and her friends but time after time he refused. The only time she saw him was during their training sessions and after that he would disappear. Eventually Eva decided to give him his space, trying not to think too much about his actions and continue on with her work at the shop, her training, and having as normal of a life as she could with her two new friends.

Time flew by quickly and before they knew it Thanksgiving had come and gone along with Christmas and the New Year was now upon them. Their village in the underground was quickly preparing for their annual New Year's Eve celebration. Eva was excited to see all the different stands and eat some horrible fair food that she knew she would only complain about the next day. She'd never been to a fair before and was excited to go, even if her two friends would not be attending with her. She would still be able to go with Spectra and her Gran.

"Wait, what's going on?" Eva asked as she saw Spectra and her Gran gathered in the living room each with an overnight bag slung over their shoulder.

"We're returning to the surface to do some recon," Spectra explained. "It's been awhile since we came down here and we need to know if the executioner is getting close to finding you."

"We'll be back in two days," Gran assured seeing the concerned look on her grand-daughters face. She walked over to her and placed a hand on each of Eva's cheek, a comforting smile on her wrinkled face. "We'll be fine but if we don't come back, for any reason, you mustn't come looking for us. Do you understand Eva?"

She bit her lip, wanting to protest but nodded obediently earning a kiss on her crown from her Gran before the elder stepped away to rejoin Spectra.

"Jasper," Spectra addressed the young man who'd been leaning against the living room wall the whole time, his eyes locked on Spectra with the same amount of worry as Eva. "That goes for you too. You're to stay here and mind the shop and look after Eva while we're gone."

"I feel like a toddler," Eva muttered to herself, her words being ignored by both Spectra and Lucile.

"We'll resume training when we get back," Spectra said as she placed her hand on a bare wall of the living room, a door appearing before her in a second. "Stay safe we'll see you in two days."

Jasper and Eva bade the two adults farewell before the door shut behind them and disappeared. They were left sitting in an awkward silence for a long moment, neither knowing what to say to the other. Eventually Eva gave up and rose from the couch.

"Where're you going?" Jasper asked.

"I'm going to get ready for the New Year's Eve celebration tonight," Eva informed stopping in the living room doorway next to Jasper.

"Are you going with that with Laura and Valery?" Jasper asked.

She shook her head. "No they're busy tonight so I'm going to go by myself for a bit I guess." She turned to leave for her bedroom. Jasper followed.

"You can't go by yourself," Jasper said. Eva stopped in the middle of hall and turned to look at him. "It's too dangerous down here to be wandering around by yourself..." he trailed off his voice going soft as he continued speaking. "...Especially with my parents down here." He'd hoped Eva hadn't heard him but she did, though she didn't say anything in response knowing Jasper's concerns were valid.

"Then come with me," she offered making Jasper's eyes dart to hers and his teeth dig into his lower lip. "I mean it's been awhile since we hung out together and been out of this house. It'll be fun."

Jasper wanted nothing more than to say yes to the offer but his fear of putting her in danger kept him from responding. Then he remembered his parents and how'd they'd taken an interest in Eva when they met. He had no doubt the two would go after Eva's pure soul if they caught her alone.

"Ok," Jasper agreed after a long while causing Eva's face to light up like a Christmas tree. He felt his cheeks blush at the sight, he'd missed her smile. "When did you wanna go?"

Eva looked down at her phone, the screening lighting up when she pressed the button on the side to show her it was seven o'clock. "How about in an hour?"

Jasper nodded. "Sounds good I'll go get changed." He said before disappearing into his room leaving her to do the same the smile still on her face. She was excited to finally spend some time with Jasper having yet to do so after living with him for so long. Tonight would be the perfect time to find out about her past with Jasper. Her smile grew at the very thought.

It didn't take the two long to get dressed and ready to go. They both were dressed for the cold weather outside. Despite being underground the cold air from the surface still seeped through the air vents allowing fresh air to fill the underground. They walked in silence, neither one knowing what to say to the other as they made their way down the street towards the road filled with tents, vendors, and the little stage where a band was in full swing filling the air with music. They slowly made their way around to each stand, buying food and playing the different games available. It wasn't long before the two were smiling and laughing, as if nothing had happened, as if they were just two normal people out having fun together.

After dancing for awhile Eva stopped them, her cheeks flushed from the exertion saying she was going to get them both something to drink. Jasper nodded smiling at her as she walked away from him the stand not far from where he waited for her. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had so much fun or why he had almost refused to come out tonight. Eva always seemed to have that effect on him though. No matter what mood he was in she had always been able to bring a smile to his face just by being her. He hadn't realized just how much he'd missed her, how much joy he'd brought into his life after being apart for so long. But this was the first night in so long he'd seen the old Eva, the girl he'd known when they were young, return from the hole she'd been imprisoned in so long.

When he'd first saw her enter his class last year he'd noticed a significant difference in her. She never smiled, her head was always bowed as if afraid to face the world instead of defiantly with a smile as he recalled she used to do. He realized then and there that his firefly was not going to be the same, that she wasn't the same girl that left a hole in his heart the night her memories were sealed away and whisked away by Lucile into hiding. He' resigned himself to that fact having prepared himself to finally give up on the girl who continued to chase away his nightmares just by thinking of her. But after seeing her with the executioner and having held her while she cried he knew he she'd captivated him again and he knew he'd keep the promise he made to her all those years ago.

He shook himself from his thoughts and returned his focus to his friend. His smile fell when he saw a couple approach her as she made her way back to him. Two people he wished would drop off the face of the Earth. Without thinking he rushed to her side.

"I thought I told you to stay away from her?" Jasper snapped, pulling Eva close, away from his parents who were eyeing up Eva as if she were a delicacy to be devoured. He stopped realizing that that was indeed the case.

Tori, Jasper's mother, smirked shaking her head in disapproval. "Now Jasper, you wouldn't want to make a scene, would you?" Jasper's teeth ground together his eyes darting around them searching for a way out. He was met with multiple sets of eyes amongst the crowd. About four different necromancers were moving in closer to them. They'd fallen into a trap. He turned his glare back to his mother who plastered a fake sweet smile on her face. "How about we all go somewhere a little less...public, shall we?"

Jasper had no choice. If he resisted then they'd drag the rest of the people into it, which was the last thing he wanted. Too much innocent blood had been spilt because of his "parents" as is and he refused to add any more names to the growing list. With a rigid nod, pulling Eva closer, he followed after Tori and Roland as they led the way. They walked for a way's before stopping in front of a very old looking building. It looked abandoned and had no doubt the evil couple had used it multiple times before. Roland pulled the door open for them and they were shoved roughly inside by the necromancers behind them.

Jasper pushed Eva behind him his eyes locked on the threat before him. "If you think I'm gonna let you near her you're more insane then I thought."

Tori "tutted" at her son, her heels clicking against the cement floor of the building as she closed the distance between them. "Oh Jasper, you say that like you have a choice."

In a matter of minutes he was forced to the floor and Eva was pulled into the arms of a burly man, his hands wrapped tightly in her long black hair. She yelped at the pain in her scalp making Jasper thrash around to get free, calling out to her as he was forced to the floor by three men. He watched with wide eyes, heart pumping with adrenaline and a protective need as Eva tried to wiggle out of the hold on her.

Tori giggled as she walked over to Eva, a sharp dagger in her hands. She inspected the young woman before her, eyes trailing from Eva's anger filled eyes, the emotion clashing with her innocent demeanor, to her long black tresses. Tori wrapped a finger around a lose strand that had managed to escape the burly man's hold.

"Such pretty hair," Tori said with a smirk still in place. "Such a waste."

"I swear to god Tori!" Jasper screamed from where the three muscular necromancers were holding him down. Roland, who'd content to watch his wife work her magic kicked his son in the face to shut him up having become sick of hearing the young man's whining. Jasper gasped at the pain in his face feeling the blood flow from his nose knowing it was probably broken after an impact like that. He lay there, disoriented for a moment before his vision focused again and he could see Eva clearly.

"You'll treat your mother with respect Jasper," Roland spat when he was sure his son was slightly recovered from the blow.

"She's no mother of mine," Jasper spat at Roland's feet, the bloodied hock landing on the man's dark pants earning Jasper another kick to the face.

"Leave him alone!" Eva yelled at Roland. The brute holding her tightened his hold on her hair making her wince again.

"I think the two of you need to be taught some manners," Tori chastised with a disapproving shake of her head. "Young people today know nothing when it comes to respecting their elders."

"I give respect to those who deserve it," Eva snapped, her brown eyes blazing in fury. "Not murderous whores who abandon their children."

Tori's smirk fell at the insult and was quick to back hand Eva across the face for her words. "You think you know me do you? What would you know! You're nothing but a naïve princess who's had everything handed to her. You know nothing of the pain I've been through."

Eva spat out a dribble of blood from her mouth before moving her jaw in an attempt to set it back in place after the blow. When she was sure she could talk properly she directed her glare back to Tori. "You don't know me and I don't care what you've been through. There's no excuse for what you've done." Tori growled and punched Eva in the stomach, knocking the wind out of the young woman before turning away from her in an attempt to compose herself.

"Are you done playing with her yet?" Roland asked in a bored tone. "I'm starving over here."

"Yeah let's get on with it already!" the man holding onto Eva agreed his eyes roaming over Eva's vulnerable form.

Tori turned around and glared at Eva who still struggled to regain her breath. "Yes, I'm getting tired of her mouth."

Eva glared as Tori came closer with the dagger in her hands. She struggled in an attempt to get free from the man's hold, thinking of all the ways to get her and Jasper to safety. Her thoughts stopped when she heard a growl come from beneath the three necromancers across from her and Tori. Everyone's eyes were on the young man beneath them, the room growing colder and filling with the smell of death. Tori and Roland smiled in glee, knowing what was happening while Eva felt the color drain from her face. She knew what was happening.

"Jasper no!" she screamed struggling more.

It was no use. Jasper disappeared in a pool of black beneath the men. They fell in after him their screams the last thing that was heard as they disappeared with Jasper. Everyone looked around the room wondering where they'd disappeared to. Their answer came soon when three mummified bodied fell from the ceiling, turning to dust upon impact. Jasper landed in the ash, feet first, and stood before the shocked group. He looked so different from the last time this happened Eva thought as she saw him stand up straight, his bones cracking as he did so. His eyes were pools of black, fueled from the life energy and souls he drained from the men and a dark aura the likes she's never seen before surrounded him. She's never felt such darkness before, not even in the presence of Bertrand.

Tori stared in awe at her son while Roland looked upon his son with pide, a thought that made her struggle more. "You have to let me go!" she muttered to the man holding her as his eyes stared at the pile of ash that used to be his three friends. "Oh god please for your own sake you need to let me go!" the man ignored her, his hand shaking slightly as it clutched to her hair like it would save him from the monster before them.

"What the hell is he?" the brute holding Eva gasped. "No one should be able to take that much in one sitting...he's a monster!"

Tori giggled, jumping up and down while clapping her hands. "Oh my little boy I'm so proud of you!" she cheered in delight where she stood not far from Eva and the man holding her. Roland walked over to Jasper and placed an approving hand on the younger man's shoulder earning him a growl before he was grabbed by the arm and thrown against a wall, shocking Tori and bringing her celebration to an end. They watched as Jasper threw Roland around the room as if he were nothing, he didn't try to feed from him like the others. He sliced at him with long black nails Eva hadn't noticed before and moved with a speed Eva hadn't known a person could possess. Eventually he pinned the bloodied Roland to the wall and began draining the man like he'd done the others, Roland's screams filling the room and making the bystanders shiver in fear.

"What's wrong daddy?" Jasper taunted. "I thought this is what you and mommy wanted? Aren't you proud of me?"

"Jasper?" Tori spoke as she approached her son and husband. "Jasper if you don't stop you're going to kill your father."

Jasper answered with another growl before moving from Roland, allowing him to fall the floor gasping for breath, onto her. She screamed as Jasper began tearing into her like he'd done to his father, growling and yelling at her as tears streamed down his face. He was a man possessed and Eva feared she wouldn't be able to bring him back from the edge this time.

Tori flung the dagger in her hand around, trying to use it to defend herself against the creature attacking her only to have it knocked from her hand, sending it flying far from her grasps. Jasper tutted at her as if chastising a disobedient child.

"Now mommy that's not very nice," he chided with maddened laugh. "You could've hurt your baby boy." Tori screamed in agony as he placed a hand on either side of her face and began to drain her.

Eva's eyes went wide moving from the sight before her to the dagger to the man's hand that was till wrapped tight in her hair refusing to let go. Taking in a deep breath she cleared her mind the way Spectra had taught her and brought her energy from her core. She imagined it stretching out to the dagger, moving it from the floor and to her hand. Sure enough the blade was in her hand faster than the Necromancer could react catching him off guard enough to give Eva the chance to slice off his hand. He released a blood curdling scream as his severed hand fell to the floor his blood coating Eva's hair as she picked up the severed hand, trying to keep herself from vomiting, and fused it back to his wrist surprising him.

"You need to leave, now!" she commanded surprised when the man actually backed upon against a wall and summoned a door leaving Eva alone with the chaos. Quickly her thoughts returned to Jasper and she ran to him.

"Jasper, stop it!" she cried wrapping her arms around him trying to pull him from his screaming mother. He fought her, trying to get at the sniveling woman as she curled in on herself. "Jasper it's over, you've won I'm safe!" Her only response was thrashing and growling. Eva could feel the tears rolling down her cheeks as she struggled to keep hold of him. How was she going to bring him back this time? He was so far gone compared to the time in her apartment. She tightened her grip on him again and took in a deep breath. It would work, she'd make it work. Closing her eyes she called for the power from her core, bidding it to fill her body before spreading to Jasper. She twitched and shivered as she felt her power, her light, her, seep into caressing all the darkness inside him and into his mind where his thoughts were nothing but erratic cyclone of pain. She pushed forward trying to quell the storm that was Jasper's mind.

Jasper could feel her warmth. It was like he was standing in the eye of a hurricane at night. There was nothing but darkness, wind, and chaos. He felt it slipping away, falling apart around him and allowing him to take back control. Slowly he opened his eyes and looked around the room as if seeing it for the first time. Immediately the pile dust on the floor and his bloodied parents caught his attention as Eva's warmth began to leave him. Quickly he looked down at his clothes seeing the blood of his parents covering his black apparel. Bile rose in his throat and his eyes widened. It happened again.

"Jasper," Eva whispered gaining his attention. He turned in Eva's arms as they slowly loosened around him.

"Firefly..." There was blood in her hair and trailing down her back. His heart sank as he looked for the source. Did he cause this too?

"I'm fine Jasper...it's not my blood." He stopped and looked into her eyes. "I kinda cut off a guy's hand to get free."

He couldn't say anything but just nodded, taking hold of her hand in his as he moved to a nearby wall. Placing his hand on the smooth surface he summoned the door to his bedroom at the shop. "Let's go home." He said before stepping through the door and letting it close behind them, leaving their assailants withering in pain.

~*~

Eva sat in the kitchen with a hot mug of coffee in her pruned hands. She'd gotten out of the shower not that long ago wanting nothing more than to get the man's blood off her the minute they got home. Jasper was currently doing the same thing, taking his time to cleanse the remains from his episode away. He hadn't said anything to her when they'd gotten home. He'd squeezed her hand and then told her she could use the shower before him before walking out of his room to go the kitchen, his legs shaking beneath him as he walked away. She tried to think of what she was going to say to him, what could she say to him? That she understands what he's going through. She does to an extent after having plunged into his mind not that long ago and seeing the torrent that lay within. But did she really know what he was feeling, what he was going through. No, this kind of thing can only be felt by living through it yourself.

A bump shook her from her thoughts diverting her attention to the kitchen doorway where Jasper was leaning for support. He came stumbling into the kitchen, a pair of sweatpants covering his legs, feet and chest bare, with a white towel thrown over his head. His hands struggled to pick up a mug, they were shaking so badly. It was because of all the extra energy flowing through him. Right now he was experiencing the same affect a normal human would after drinking a million energy drinks, from what Eva remembered Spectra telling her. Slowly she got up from the table and took the mug from him, motioning for him to sit while she fixed him a cup of coffee. She placed it down next to him, watching as he tried to dry his hair with the towel only stumbling with it the same way he had with the mug. Gently she moved his hands away and began drying off his hair for him. It was calming, Jasper noted, having Eva gently drying off what little hair he had while he sat there trying to keep himself from shaking.

"Spectra told me you know," Eva finally voiced after battling with herself over what to say to him. He stiffened a bit at her words. "About...well...why this happens and about your parents."

He remained frozen keeping his eyes trained on the floor when Eva removed the towel and laid it over the back of a kitchen chair. "...And?"

"And I don't want you to think you have to hide this from me anymore," Eva said sternly not moving from where she was in front of him. "I can help, I—."

"No one can help me Eva," he snapped refusing to look into her eyes, his hands gripping the seat underneath him. "I'm a lost cause. Always have been, always will be." He chuckled though there was absolutely no humor in the sound. It was hollow. "Have been for awhile now. I thought I could get a hold of this but it looks like I just won't be able to stop, to be normal. I'm just as bad as that leech you're hiding from."

"Don't you dare!" Eva hissed her eyes beginning to fill with tears. "If anything this is my fault. You were fine until I showed up. Every time this happens it's because you're trying to protect me! It'd be better if you never met me then you wouldn't be going through all this crap!"

A part of him snapped couldn't stand hearing that she'd been blaming herself for this that she thought he'd be better off not knowing her! He shot out of his chair, knocking it to the floor, and wrapped his arms around Eva pulling her close before nuzzling her shoulder. She stood there frozen in his hold not sure what to do while Jasper just buried his face further into the crook of her neck releasing a shaky sigh.

"Don't you ever say that firefly," he begged his voice sounding rough from what Eva wasn't quite sure. "If you weren't around I would've become like my parents a long time ago."

"What are you talking about?!" Eva demanded. She knew they had history together, according to Spectra, but did she really have such a huge impact on him? "Jasper, we've only known each other for a few months—"

"I'm not talking about now damn it!" he seethed finally pulling his face away to stare into her eyes. "We knew each other before your parents died, we were close."

"What do you mean Jasper?" she asked wanting clarification.

Jasper sighed. "When I was ten I was still really messed up after what my parents did to me," he began. "I wouldn't speak, wouldn't look at anyone. I was just this kid no one even tried to talk to because they all knew how much of a basket case I was just by looking at me." A smile appeared on his face. "One day I went for a walk in the woods and found a spot by this creek to just sit and chill at away from my aunt and everyone else. I was just sitting there minding my own business when I get splashed in the face with water. When I looked up to see who did it I see this girl from my class standing in front of me with the goofiest grin on her face." He pushed a strand of wet hair out of her face. "Even back then you couldn't keep your hair out of your face."

"I splashed you in the face with water?" Eva asked in shock. "That doesn't sound like me at all!"

"Well, who you are now wouldn't" Jasper said a little sadly. "I swore at you a bit saying "what the hell was wrong with you" and calling you a "crazy bitch" you know like the tough ten year old I was." He chuckled again and shook his head. "You just kept splashing me until I got up and went after you. We just spent hours splashing each other, laughing and having fun until you stopped, moved some hair out of your face, gave me a smile and said "I'm glad you're finally smiling". It took me off guard because I thought everyone in our class at school didn't notice me. But you did..." There was a long silence before Jasper continued one of his hands moving to cup Eva's cheek. "After that we were always together. Before, during, and then after school in our woods. You made everything better. No matter what I was feeling you could make it all better just by smiling at me, my only source of light. In my head I'd always compare you to a tiny firefly in a deep dark forest...And then your parents died." He stopped watching as a single tear escaped from Eva's eye that he brushed away with his thumb.

"I remember going to your house with Aunt Spectra and listening to her and Lucile talked about how Spectra was gonna seal your memories away," he bowed his head at the memory not able to look her in eye. "I threw a fit, yelling and screaming. They were going to take you away, my only friend, and I just couldn't handle it. I almost lost it in your house until Spectra calmed me down and told me it was so you could be safe...They said they would give me some time to say goodbye to you before they did it." He looked up now and straight into her eyes, refusing to look away now. "That night I promised you that when we met again I would protect you no matter what though I feel like I'm not doing a very good job so far.

"When I saw you last year in one of my art classes I was so shocked. I thought there was no way you could be there, in my class again, like the old days. Then I started watching you more carefully and noticed you weren't my firefly anymore. You were this meek little mouse, looking as if you were going to break at any moment. I wanted so badly to pick you up and make that smile come back to your face...It tore me apart to see you like that and when I saw you with the same leech that killed your parents I knew it was time for me to fulfill my promise." He paused, throat tight with emotion as he wrapped his arms around her again and buried his face in the crook of her neck again, releasing a shaky breath as he tried to control his emotions.

"So please...please...don't ever say it'd be better if I'd never met you," he begged pulling her closer. "Without you there is no me..."

Eva didn't know what to say. She stood there her arms wrapped tightly around Jasper's torso with tears leaking from her eyes. Never, in her wildest dreams, had she imagined she had this much of an impact on Jasper's life, that they were far more than just two kids who played together when they were young. How could she live up to the person she was before when now she was as Jasper said. She was a meek little mouse not sure of what to do when life comes at her hard. She never knew what to do or what she wanted out of life but she knew one thing in that moment and it was the only thing she was sure of, though she had no idea where that feeling was coming from.

"All I want is for you to be happy though," Eva sobbed, her arms still holding on tight to Jasper. "That's all I've ever wanted Jasps. Don't give up your happiness for me."

He pulled away and placed a hand on either side of her tear stained face. Slowly, giving her enough time to pull away, he leaned in his eyes slowly closing. She didn't dare move, her heart beating out of control with anticipation. His lips gently brushed against hers, his eyes opening the slightest bit to meet with hers silently asking for her permission. She said nothing, closing her eyes as a way of giving him consent to do what he was about to do. He closed the rest of the distance between their lips, meeting hers in a gentle embrace. The kiss was delicate as if Jasper was afraid he would scare her away if he allowed himself to show her how much she meant to him. It made Eva's heart flutter all the same. He pulled away slowly, eyes hooded as he gazed lovingly into Eva's brown pools the slightest smile playing at his lips as he gently allowed his forehead to rest against hers. "You are my happiness, Evangeline, and believe me I don't plan on letting you slip away again."

She smiled as they rested their foreheads against one another, Jasper's hands leaving her face to entangle with her fingers as they just stood there, both of them finally at peace for the moment.

~*~

Spectra knelt in the snow, her breathing coming in shallow breaths as she tried to apply pressure to her bleeding arm she knew was enticing the vampires that had her surrounded. She tried with all her might to drown out the sounds of Lucile's tortured screams as the leeches finished the old woman off but it was to no avail. Her wish was soon granted when she heard the distinct sound of a neck snapping, bringing an end to Lucile's torment for good and causing the tears to gush from Spectra's eyes. She knew that sound would haunt her the rest of her days.

"So," a male voice began catching Spectra's attention from the snow beneath her knees. She looked up and glared at the executioner as he leaned down, his dark eyes boring into her own. "Where have you taken my angel?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.2K 790 9
"You can fight me all you want, Grace, but you can't ignore what you feel for me forever. If neither of us reject each other the bond only grows stro...
261K 14.1K 37
***Part 2 in the Zone Zero series*** ***MATURE CONTENT INSIDE*** Do not read this first. please read Zone Zero and then read Redemption. Otherwise it...
83.4K 3K 36
When Evie was 5 her mom left her and her dad. When her dad couldn't handle his wife leaving him he picks up everything and leaves their hometown. Evi...
41.6K 1.9K 40
{COMPLETED} Evangeline lost her sight just before high school graduation. Still adjusting to her disability, her life continues to take a turn for th...