What The Heart Needs - The He...

By ReganUre

I've been unlucky in love. I've had my heart broken so many times. When I meet a guy, he makes me believe I c... More

Copyright
Chapter 1 - Part 1
Chapter 1 - Part 2
Chapter 2 - Part 1
Chapter 2 - Part 2
Chapter 3 - Part 1
Chapter 3 - Part 2
Chapter 4 - Part 1
Chapter 5 - Part 1
Chapter 5 - Part 2
Chapter 6 - Part 1
Chapter 6 - Part 2
Chapter 7 - Part 1
Chapter 7 - Part 2
Chapter 8 - Part 1
Chapter 8 - Part 2
Chapter 9 - Part 1
Chapter 9 - Part 2
Chapter 10 - Part 1
Chapter 10 part 2
Chapter 11 - Part 1
Chapter 11 - Part 2
Chapter 12 - Part 1
Chapter 12 - Part 2
Chapter 13 - Part 1
Chapter 13 - Part 2
Chapter 14 - Part 1
Chapter 14 - Part 2
Chapter 15 - Part 1
Chapter 15 - Part 2
Chapter 16 - Part 1
Chapter 16 - Part 2
Chapter 17 - Part 1
Chapter 17 - Part 2
Chapter 18 - Part 1
Chapter 18 - Part 2
Chapter 19 - Part 1
Chapter 19 - Part 2
Chapter 20 - Part 1

Chapter 4 - Part 2

3.5K 172 4
By ReganUre

We danced and laughed for the next hour. Aiden watched from the sidelines. It felt like the good old times when there wasn't life threatening things hanging over our heads. Lacey got a few interested looks from a few boys but I knew they were wasting their time. It had only been Adonis for so long I didn't think it was possible for her to love any other guy. I didn't doubt that he would come around, it would just take a little time.

Some guy was talking Lacey up when I spotted Adonis enter the house. There was no way this was a coincidence. I put my hand on Reece's arm. "No way."

Lacey stiffened she spotted him. The tension was visible in her features when Adonis stared across the room at her. He wasn't alone, Alex was with him. I frowned.

Adonis glared at a guy dancing beside Lacey. Yeah he didn't like it one bit, he was jealous.

When Alex spotted Lacey he frowned disapprovingly. It got my back up. Just because she was sick didn't mean she couldn't still do things. He was being way too protective.

"Alex is not happy to see you here," I murmured under my breath to Lacey when her brother headed our direction.

"What are you doing here?" Alex asked his sister when he reached us.

"I'm here it have fun," Lacey announced defiantly. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to get Gray out of the house," he said looking over his shoulder to his friend who had some girl chatting him up already. The sharks were circling already.

I shot a look at Lacey to see the hurt and had the urge to go over to Adonis and tell him what an asshole he was.

"I'm sorry," Alex said to his sister when he saw the emotion as she watched Adonis. "I didn't know you were going to be here."

"It's okay." She shrugged. "It's not like we can avoid each other forever."

She took a big gulp of her drink. Was she trying to numb the pain? Alex returned to his friend.

"So what's your name?" the guy beside her asked. 

"Lacey," she replied.

The guy introduced himself with a charming smile and I stepped back to give them some privacy. Aiden joined me.

"This is not going to end well," he murmured to me.

I shrugged. "Then he shouldn't have walked away."

I watch the way Adonis was watching Lacey with the guy that was chatting her up. She turned to look at us and we both gave her the thumbs up. She rolled her eyes at us and I smiled.

She was trying to pretend she didn't care that there was some girl putting the moves on Adonis on the other but she did. She kept looking over her shoulder at him.

"I'll distract her," Aiden said before he approached her and asked her she wanted a refill for her drink. She nodded and gave him her empty cup.

When Aiden returned with her drink she was still keeping a careful eye on Adonis and the girl hanging on his every word.

She drained some of the drink quickly. I wished Adonis hadn't shown up. He was ruining a night that should have been carefree and fun.

The guy pulled Lacey onto the dance floor and I watched as they started to dance together.

"How long do you think it is going to take before Gray interrupts this?" Aiden asked beside me.

"It won't take him long," I said moving my focus to Adonis who was already pushing through the crowd to Lacey.

"And here we go," Aiden murmured.

"Do you think we should stop it?" I asked wondering if we should be doing something.

"Let them sort it out."

He was right. They were big enough to sort their own problems out.

While we both watch the confrontation between Adonis and Lacey I couldn't help sneak a glance at Aiden who was too busy watching to notice he had my attention. I didn't like how I was looking at him. It was wrong but no matter how much I argued I couldn't stop myself.

I forced myself to watch the drama unfold before us. Adonis was so jealous and making a scene. The poor guy who had been trying to flirt with Lacey was gone. I couldn't blame him. How was some ordinary guy supposed to compete with a rock star?

They were drawing a crowd. Their voice became more heated and I didn't like how he was upsetting my friend. For crying out loud she was sick and she had a big surgery looming on the horizon. I'd had enough. I couldn't stand back and let Adonis do this to her. Enough was enough.

"I can't stand back and watch anymore," I said to Aiden before I marched over to them.

"I want to talk to you," I said angrily to Adonis with a glare. "Now in the kitchen."

I strode to the kitchen ignoring the stares we were getting. I didn't look back to see him follow until I entered the kitchen and turned to face him.

Lacey stayed in the doorway with Aiden.

"You can't do this," I yelled at him pointing a finger in his direction.

"Do what?" he asked, glancing at Lacey. He knew exactly what he was doing.

"Don't play stupid." I approached him and looked up to him refusing to feel intimidated by his height.

"You're either in or you are out," I told him. "You don't get to break up with her and then get all territorial like some caveman."

His expression was unreadable.

"You can't do both. Pick one and stick with it. You don't get to walk away and then pretend she is still yours."

He was like a dog with a bone. He didn't want it but he didn't want anyone else to have her. The world didn't work like that.

I glanced at Lacey to see Aiden pull her closer. I suppressed the pang of jealously I felt.

Adonis looked between me and Lacey. He was making his choice.

"I'm out," he said and I looked to see the shattered expression on Lacey's face.

He gave her one last lingering look before he shook his head. Aiden pulled Lacey into a bear hug as Adonis passed them on his way out.

I was still reeling from his decisions. Honestly I never believed he would walk away. Clearly I hadn't known him as well as I had thought I did.

While Aiden consoled my friend I raked a hand through my hair trying to right my emotions. Maybe I should have left the whole situation alone. Watching Aiden hug her made me feel guilty I had pushed the sensitive situation into something worse. Aiden's eyes met mine over my friend and I put a hand to my forehead to collect myself.

We left the party after that. There was no coming back from that. The night had been a bust. Lacey sat in the back seat and I sat beside Aiden in the front. I was still so angry with Adonis. How could he have been so cruel to my friend, especially when she had so much on her shoulders? I felt bad that my plan of going out and having fun had only end up in heartache for Lacey.

"I can't believe he did that," I muttered to myself still going through the conversation I'd had with Adonis in the kitchen.

"Some guys just aren't worth it," Aiden added. I shot him a glance.

It wasn't long before we arrived outside Lacey's house.

"You going to be okay?" Aiden asked her.

She smiled weakly and nodded her head. I could see straight through her brave exterior.

"I'll walk you," I said getting out the car. I walked her to her front door.

"You okay?" I asked needing to gage whether it was okay to leave her alone or if it would be better for me to stay over. At the moment I was too wound up to be nice understanding Reece especially when it came to the subject of Adonis.

"I'll be fine. I'm just going to take my medication and go to sleep." She gave me a hug.

I didn't want to go but I went back to the car and got back into the passenger's side.

"She okay?" Aiden asked.

"No. She's not okay." I answered truthfully. "But only Adonis can fix that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.7K 1.3K 33
"𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭...
19 0 8
After I got dumped by the one guy I truly loved, my life crumbled. I was branded as a whore and I just crumbled as a whole. I messed up bad and I spe...
4.8K 386 100
They say you experience three true loves in a lifetime. Being nineteen and in love is hard enough, but what about revisiting old loves while experien...
1.2K 55 27
At sixteen you wish your love story to be perfect. Flawless. Unfortunately, like life, it isn't. But endings could turn into beginnings. Because hear...