Sword Art Online: Eclipse

De DeviantTales

Sword Art Online. A fantastical prison. The bugged Eclipse event has arisen, blocking all teleportation to ot... Mais

Chapter One: Pallet Town
Chapter Two: Truth Is, The Game Was Rigged From the Start
Chapter Three: PALS FOR LIFE
Chapter Four: The Cake is a Lie
Chapter Six: Your Princess is in Another Castle
Chapter Seven: Fatality
Chapter Eight: Don't Move. L1, R1, X
Chapter Nine: Revan
Chapter Ten: Level 256
Chapter Eleven: Megalovania
Chapter Twelve: Triforce of Courage
Oneshot Special: Koharu's Birthday
Oneshot Special: Leafa's Birthday
Oneshot Special: Lisbeth's Birthday
Oneshot Special: Yuuki's Birthday
Oneshot Special: Asuna's Birthday
Oneshot Special: Kazuto's Birthday
Deviant's Soapbox #1
Deviant's Soapbox #2
Deviant's Soapbox #3
Trivia- Sword Art Online: Eclipse

Chapter Five: New Challengers Approaching!

206 6 3
De DeviantTales

Cold should've been considered a type of pain. If it was, I wouldn't have felt the blistering freeze, and my numb hands could have held my sword better. Snow prickled my cheeks as I drew my sword over my head, heat radiate from the green blade. A small furry creature bleated at me from the height of my chest. The «Penguin Knight» shook its tiny hooded head in preparation and hefted its buckler. I ripped my blade down and slashed at the fuzzy monster. Fire fried the air between us, the flightless bird squeaked in alarm and rose its rapier, but my arming sword had already slashed through its wool coat.

An angry squawk retaliated with a sword as the «Penguin Knight» countered. A familiar sensation tugged gently at the base of my spine as my «Evasion» pulled me out of the glowing sword's path. My pure coat fluttered behind me, and a bit inside of me, as I warmed my sword again. I saw the bird's body vibrate aggressively and I knew what was coming next. The small creature leaped into the sky, dived back down, landed on its belly, and started to slide swiftly in right towards me. Heat and steel interrupted the knight's path. The momentum carried the polygons of the monster past me before it dissolved.

"Huzzah!" Magenta's voice exclaimed from behind me. I turned to watch as she slipped down the hills followed by the rest of my «Party». I tried to drag my eyes away from Magenta' new outfit, but it was really revealing. Her shoulderless «Passionate Coat» covered most of her body which wasn't much. It's red base color popped against the green accents a collar was attached to the coat with leather strips, which showed off a black chocker. The «Adorning Chestplate» only went down to her midriff-revealing just a bit skin that her coat didn't cover. I managed to yank my vision off of her body and onto her laughing face as she recovered from her fall.

Four other people followed her, MaDKiD and Muramasa gently made their way down the side of the snow-capped hill. The shield user's auburn hair was flaked with snow while his partner's golden locks shimmered with flecks of ice. Then there were the two newest members to the party that we had picked up. A skinny boy with golden tunic masked by brown chest piece cautioned his partner who held his hand to guide herself down. She wore a vivid royal blue one-piece dress with golden frills and buckle, showing off that it was rare loot. Her outfit was completed with a white cape and lute, and a white feathered hat on her head. It was definitely more reasonable than Magenta's outfit.

"I told you he could kill one on his own," Magenta said pridefully to MaDKiD, "even if he does nerf himself."

MaDKiD shrugged, "He has a good hold on the dumb «Motion» system but still, if he wasn't gimpping himself with that old gear he could do much better."

"What do you mean? This stuff does me good," I pouted. I presented my sword in front of him. It was a «Greenish Sword», "it's been upgraded to its max level and this coat," I tugged at my Coat of Glitch, "gives me the Eclipse buff and rare «Evasion» bonus."

MaDKiD waved his hand back and forth, "Sure, but the sword is from «Floor Four» and your coat has taken up more resources to keep repairing than it would to just make better armor."

"I think as long as it works then it should be fine," the nervous boy, Nautilus, stated, "I mean I have kept this armor since March and that's when you guys were stuck on the first floor right?"

"We were on «Floor Twenty-Five» though," the girl, Yuna, perked up, "so technically our gear is better than most of the stuff here."

"Ding, ding, ding," MaDKiD sang sarcastically, "we should go up to a floor higher than «Floor Eight» so you can get stuff that is better than loot you got two months ago."

"You mean you have had this stuff since before you met us?" Nautilus awed.

"We only met you guys like two weeks ago." Magenta reminded, "We started exploring floors three weeks before that, but he still hasn't changed gear," she cocked an eye at me.

"Wow it really feels like we skipped that time entirely, has it really been that long?" Nautilus pondered aloud.

"This really isn't necessary," I gripped my sword protectively.

"We should be able to handle stuff on «Floor Twenty-Five» right?" Muramasa asked.

"Totally," Magenta said, bouncing on the balls of her feet, "that should be fun!"

"You guys should make sure you are the proper level, «Floor Twenty-Five» is tough," Nautilus said, "the Aincrad Liberation Squad was almost going to retreat to the first floor, but well- anyway, just be sure you can handle it." He tapped his anxious fingers together. Yuna reached over and clasped his hands with her own.

"Well I know Magenta and I are both level thirty-two," I said.

"Wait, we're the same level?" Magenta gawked, even though I told her the level curve would be more intense after «Floor Five».

I held up a peace sign, "Get rekt scrub."

She hit me on the shoulder playfully, but before we could squabble, MaDKiD interrupted us, "Alright, well let's get ready to leave then."

My posture straightened, "Wait, we are leaving right now?"

"Well yeah, the soon the better right?" MaDKiD shifted the «Light Buckler» on his arm.

"Oh, right, totally," I tried for a confident smile.

We all headed to the inn that we were staying at. I took my time gathering the equipment I needed and managing my inventory space. «Floor Twenty-Five» was new territory, in fact, everything above «Floor Eight» was. The beta testers had only ever made it that far up. Slowly, me, Magenta, MaDKiD, and Muramasa had made our way steadily up the floors. We had made it to «Floor Thirteen» when we ran into Nautilus and Yuna. They were looking for a party, the max limit for a party is six, so we took them in.

I had a hard time figuring out if I was comfortable with this. Usually, it was just me and Magenta who played together and yeah, we would occasionally join a party, but never for so long. I found it hard to plan for so many people constantly. Every time we left the inn I had to make sure that everyone had what they needed and usually I would advise certain formations for the team, just in case.

We meet on the first floor of the inn to head out towards the «Teleportation Gate». I made sure everyone had the right amount of potions and healing items and told them to keep our normal formation. MaDKiD and Muramasa nodded per usual while Yuna and Nautilus fussed over each other's gear making sure the other had enough items. I caught Magenta staring at Yuna then down at herself.

"Please tell me you aren't going to flirt with her again," I joked as I walked over to her.

For a brief moment, Magenta's face lived up to her name, "I wasn't thinking about that moron," she looked back at Yuna quickly then back to me, "don't you think her dress is cute?"

I frowned, "I mean- I guess? I thought it's pretty cool considering its loot from the higher floors."

"I suppose so," she sighed, plucked at the edge of her own coat, and then smiled back at me, "you ready to go to the highest floor yet?"

"Sure," I shrugged, "it should be easy with Nautilus and Yuna. Especially Yuna, I wish the «Chant» skill was available for every player, it so cool that she gets to show off her amazing voice with it and be a support class."

We start to follow MaDKiD as he leads us out of the inn and into the frosty winter landscape that glimmered around us. «Floor Eight» was my second favorite floor being beaten out by «Flour Four» of course. Magenta and I had struggled a lot on that floor during the Beta, but it was fun to overcome. Since we had spent so much time there, I had gotten accustomed to the best weapon on the floor which was the one on my back. Magenta's eyes lowered as she thought about what I said and exited the inn.

"Yeah, her voice is pretty," she didn't say anything else as she rested her hand on the «Assassin Dagger» by her side. We made our way to the gate then climbed on, Magenta and I stuck to our tradition as we evaporated to the twenty-fifth floor.

I didn't know what to expect, but it defiantly wasn't familiarity. The sky was tinted a recognizable dark red hue that swallowed the world. The moon was trapping the sun again. I knew that «Floor Twenty Five» was under the Eclipse event, it's all anyone from the lower floors talked about. Rouge had started a guild called Eclipseal Vindicators to take down these events after we had beat «Floor One». Even though they were basically a new Assault Team they were still having a hard time.

This Eclipse event was practically the same as the one on «Floor one» however it seemed like the bug that had kept the players trapped had done a complete one-eighty. Not only were players allowed to leave the floor, but new players could come in and give a lending hand. I couldn't tell you why there was a sudden change but everyone was thankful for it.

"You guys should probably start following us now," Yuna's gentle voice cracked my thoughts.

"We know a basic quest that should be able to provide Teal with some decent gear," Nautilus confirmed, then joked, "hopefully we know where we are going."

I grumbled, "You guys really don't need to do this."

MaDKiD clapped my back so hard, I thought that SAO bugged out an let me feel pain for one moment, "Think about this way because you have better gear this will help all of us function better as a team."

"I guess," I muttered. We start walking through a light forest whose trees were so far spread apart it made it seem like their slim trunks were too delicate to be close to one another. Yuna and Nautilus warned of us of an assortment of traps and pitfalls that were hidden on the floor. They must have known where most of them were because we weaved around certain areas and trees making sharp turns because of this. We saw large figures on all fours stumble around in the forest. Primate-like sounds barked at us from every direction.

I stowed my fear, ever since the «Floor One» boss fight people had recognized me as the LA player from the eclipsal event and they expected me to be a strong and reliable savior. Even my own party expected a heroic and brave person from me, so I had been trying to live up to that. Usually, if I saw situations that I knew I couldn't handle I would swerve away and lead my facade in a different direction. This situations were mostly all of them. The giant gorillas would be hard avoid though.

"These guys are new," Nautilus spoke aloud, then he abruptly stopped in front of me, "Crap." He sighed. Yuna turned also stopped and turned to her partner.

"Freeze up again?" Magenta asked as she closed the small distance between us.

"Yeah sorry, I really wish this wouldn't happen," Nautilus sighed as Yuna soothed him.

"This only happens when you get nervous right? Something wrong with your «NerveGear»?" Marumasa asked as she joined us standing.

"That's the working theory," Nautilus exhaled again, much louder.

"Relax," Yuna eased gentleness into her words then looked at me. I took the swordsman's arm, as I had done before, and pulled it around my shoulder and Magenta took the other arm. Together, we were able to lift Nautilus up and carry him. Yuna smiled and pulled her lute from her back. This was the only part of the situation I liked.

She strummed the instrument, releasing a light tune that started to make my chest buzz with excitement as we continued walking. Then her voice joined the music a soft and easy voice that enriched the air with tales of happy summer and two people dancing around a sand castle.

I thought I could hear waves caress a golden beach and footsteps pounding against the sand. Nautilus began to lose tension in shoulders and his feet pushed against the ground. After a few more minutes, he could walk on his own.

In the distance, I could see the forest begin to open into a small clearing and as we drew closer we saw a wooden cabin smoking from it's bricked pipe. Yellow light warmed the area around its windows and even though it looked old, it gave off more of a cozy feeling.

"Finally," Nautilus heaved and turned to look at us, "this is it."

"That small house?" Magenta asked squinting at it we crept through the forest on the leaf-adorned path.

"Yup, there should be a small family inside, desperate," Yuna said sympathetically.

We arrived at the cabin in a few more paces. When we got there I automatically stuck out my hand to open the door. Then an armored arm stuck out in front of me. Muramasa gave me a concerned glance.

"We probably shouldn't just walk in," she said.

"Why not? Their just NPCs," I retorted.

"Didn't you do the «Elf Campaign»?"

The «Elf Campaign» was a small main story quest that took place during the first few floors of «Anicrad». It starts off the same for all players, two elven like people were fighting in the woods one was the «Dark Elf» and the other was a «Forest Elf». You, the player, must decide which one to help.

"I did, in the beta, I helped the «Forest Elf», but when Magenta and I decided to stop both of them fighting this time, we ended up accidentally killing both of them."

Magenta whistled, feigning innocence, "It's not my fault I was over-leveled for the quest."

"Anyways, you should still know that NPCs are pretty lifelike," MaDKiD stood next Muramasa, his arms crossed, "that's probably the only part of SAO that still impresses me."

"Either way they are still just a bunch of code-" I was interrupted by Yuna, who lightly tapped the wooden door politely with her dainty hand.

Hastily, everyone realigned themselves in the group. Then the small handle on the door turned and opened the door. Standing in front of me, was a young woman about my own age, with startling frizzy blue hair and light green eyes.

"Remali?" Magenta gasped as she recognized the woman in front of her.

Remali frowned, "Do I know you?" Her voice was deep and hallow as it had been in the beta.

"We just heard that you were looking for help with something," I cut in nonchalantly. Then tapped the pommel of the «Greenish Sword» on my back, "Is that correct?"

"Yes it is, you may come in if you would like," the woman offered.

"Nah," Yuna bumped into my back as I had spoken, apparently she had wanted to go in, "you can just tell us what to do and we will be on our way."

"Do you not think you will require any background on your task?" the NPC asked, frowning.

"We can just skip all of the boring stuf-" Magenta clasped her hand over my mouth. Then she looked at the AI with a five-star smile, "You know what, we would love to come inside."

The woman opened the door wider to let us in, I tried to push Magenta off as we did, but she only let me go when I licked her hand.

"Ewww! Teal!"

"Don't do that then," I shot back.

"Your future girlfriend will enjoy you in bed at-"

"Koha-Magenta!" I yelped wary of the other people around us.

Everyone had already been seated. I glared daggers at Magenta who sat pleasantly next to me. Remali smoothed her dress as she sat down on a chair opposite us. The cabin was relatively small, the main room was both a living and dining area that used a small fireplace as a hearth and place of cooking. Down a small hallway, I heard a faint voice, the rest of the family, I guessed.

Remali inspected our group as she had done to me and Magenta back in the beta, her sea green eyes looking for signs of deviance, "Some of your faces are slightly familiar," she noted, "were some of you on the lowest floor of «Anicrad» a few weeks ago?

Four of us nodded, I was surprised she remembered, I figured that Remali would have merely been «Instanced» on the first floor. I remembered something in her dialogue during the beta about having family on a higher floor, but I had forgotten. She bobbed her head again, "Then the four of you," she said looking at Magenta, Muramasa, MaDKiD, and I, "you are familiar with the Solex's Echo?"

"Excuse me?" Magenta asked charmingly.

"When the sun is masked by the moon," the woman explained

"You mean the Eclipse?" Muramasa asked timidly.

"Ah yes, I hear that's what many of you adventurers call it," the NPC seemed to tire as she spoke but it held it's head high, "I apologize for the misunderstanding, it just, I was raised on the legend of the old gods of «Anicrad». It was said when the sun god wished for justice amongst the people he would call upon his sister the moon goddess. She is incapable of her own will and follows her brother who guides her, usually, she does not catch up to her brother, but the sun god will let her embrace him when he deems necessary."

I let out a small sigh and leaned my head back. I really wished there was an A button to spam right now. Magenta grasped my hand, which caught me so off gaurd that I sat back up to look at her. She let go as soon as I did, winked at me, and nodded towards the computer woman. I rolled my eyes but refocused my attention.

"We call it Solex's Echo because the lady of the moon merely imitates her brother even if it is something small as hanging in the sky when it should be day. When the two meet they are able to summon horrid monsters to swarm the land and take vengeance on people the sun god found as equally disgusting as the the creatures he summoned."

"An interesting story," Muramasa gave a half smile, "but would you mind telling us what we can help you with?"

The NPC gave a shaky exhale, "My fiance went into the woods seeking the «Maze of Delirium» looking to extinguish the monster who lived there, but I believe they have gotten lost. Our wedding had been canceled because of Solex's Echo. Of course, my fiance is impatient and had heard from the adventurers that defeating the monster would stop Solex's Echo. Such as it had done with the Kobald Tyrant on the simpler floor. Anyhow, there are strange beasts in the woods now, ape-like creatures that are carrying bottles of what some have told me to be alcoholic beverages. They are wild and will attack anyone, and because of their choice of liquor, the pain has been dulled making their attacks relentless," it clutched her hands and fiddled with its fingers, "it has been a few days now. They haven't come back and I am worried about them."

"What would you like us to do?" I asked restaining my impatience.

"I would ask that you please look for my companion, she is strong, but I fear that these creatures would be too much for her."

I perked up now that we were finally getting somewhere, "Any idea where she might be?"

"She went hunting for the maze in an area not too far from the nearby town from here," the artificial intelligence rubbed a ring on its finger gently, "If you do find her, please tell her to come home. I would rather have a delayed marriage than one that never arrives."

"We can do this for you!" Magenta promised confidently.

The woman closed her eyes and exhaled in relief, "Thank you, may the gods bless you and your loved ones," then she looked out the windows, "Normally dusk would be arriving about this time. You should stay here for the night, we may not have a lot of room, but with your favor to us we can spare what we can."

Remali introduced us to the others who were in the house. I didn't really pay attention. There were three rooms for us to sleep in. Usually, I would have bunked with Magenta, but ever since our party grew there was more of a divide between the genders. Magenta and Muramasa shared a room while and MaDKiD and I would also share one. Yuna and Nautilus were the only two who kept their room together. The two were apparently childhood friends so, according to Yuna, they wouldn't try anything together. Apparently knowing Koharu for all of high school and some of college didn't count. Before we went to bed Nautilus actually pulled me aside as I was taking off my chest plate.

"What's up?" I asked as he pulled me into his room while the girls were chatting with each other in Magenta's.

He looked at me and frowned, "Aren't you going to bed soon?"

"Yeah, so?"

"You are still wearing your coat."

"Oh yeah, its a lot softer than the blankets," I made sure to stand extra still so my coat wouldn't clip as I said that.

"Well anyways, I wanted to let you know that this quest is totally different from the one Yuna and I heard about. Remali's fiance was supposed to be here in the cabin, and they both assigned the player a mission to gather nearby resources for their wedding."

"At least what we got is more interesting than I fetch quest," I mused.

"Aren't you worried about any of that? This new quest may be much more dangerous than normal." His hair was the color of a decaying leaf not too different from the ones we had trampled over to get here.

I pulled on the sleeve of my coat, "I mean not really, so long as we are together we should be fine."

Nautilus paused, he seemed temporarily lost in thought, then he nodded, "You're right. If Yuna is going to be there then I should be okay."

"Alrighty then, well, I am going to go to sleep," I yawned, "See you tomorrow."

We parted ways, as I exited his room I bumped into Yuna and Magenta. Yuna smiled as she slipped past me into her room and shut the door behind her. I turned and saw Magenta had something resembling wistfulness on her face.

"You good?" I asked.

Magenta nodded then embraced me in a hug.

"Whoa," I gasped, "you sure you are okay?"

"Yeah," she sighed, "just...tired I guess."

"No kidding, you would never hug me like this if you had any common sense."

She pushed me away, "You know what your right, only handshakes from now on buster."

"Thank god you smell weird anyways."

She punched me on the shoulder, "You better take that back."

"Ack, fine, fine, you smell like rainbows and fruit are you happy?"

"Flowers would have been better, dumbass."

"It's too late for this, I am going to bed."

"Night dummy."

"See you tomorrow smelly."

I ran into my room and closed the door behind me before she could say anything. Then I flopped on my bed with MaDKiD who had just laid down. It took a while for me to adjust to my surroundings, but eventually, I fell asleep.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

20.9K 297 15
An FanFic With My OC, Inside the world of SAO
12.3K 39 39
Main story is called Sword Art Online based off Season1 but doing beta test version first. *Mikasa is the daughter of Akihiko Kayaba. *In each floor...
72.6K 1.3K 40
(U/N) cleared the SAO but at what cost? He lost three people who he cared about, two have died and he can't find the other one in the real world. Wha...
44.8K 1.5K 40
KiritoxReader SAO Your father is the Co-CEO of a successful gaming company that specialises in vrmmorpg and is helping develop SAO. You were a beta...