Life and its silver lining.

By Mercyexile

I don't own Naruto that alone belongs to Masashi Kishimoto, the songs and picture don't belong to me, the onl... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 3

889 26 5
By Mercyexile

I don't own Naruto that alone belongs to Masashi Kishimoto, the songs and picture don't belong to me, the only thing that belongs to me is the story nothing else.

I didn't write any of the song I use in any of the chapters those right belong to those who did write them. I'm just using them as this is a book based music and song writing and those are the song I picked to use. So enjoy the songs and the story line.

Nightcore: Worthless

Don't listen until I say thanks

Also the surnames I use are not their real ones I added them so they had full names and not just first names. I think you will know which ones by the *.

The song that I will be using for the song they write doesn't belong to them or me it belongs to Writer(s): emma rohan, jez ashurst, rachel clare furner, Little Mix feat. Jason Derulo: Secret love song.

-xXx-

Naruto POV

I can't believe he stop by while I was working, I didn't think I would see him again. I mean he has my number but I just thought that would be it. Now he knows who I am and I bet he is wondering why I live or work when my parent and multi-millionaires and if I did something for them to hate me.

Soon its closing time and after work I help clean up before heading home, doing my home work before going sleep. As soon as my head touches the pillow I'm out like a light even if I don't sleep much because of school and work I still get enough.

After I wake I go shower and do all the morning things before leaving for school as it starts at 8 and finish at 3:30.

I have English with Umino Iruka first, Maths with Katou* Yamato, then after break History with Sarutobi Hiruzen, Biology with Takenaka* Orochimaru, Physics with Hatake Kakashi, then after lunch Chemistry with Sarutobi Asuma before heading home to help Sasuke with whatever it is before going work.

I hand in my homework for each class and when lunch comes round I sit at the usual table with my friends, Inuzaka Kiba, Sabaka* Gaara (his uncle is our art teacher), Nara Shikamaru, Akimichi Choji, Aburame Shino, Hyuga Neji and Rock Lee. I can't wait til school is over I want to know what sasuke wants help with.

After school I make my way home while listening to music on my MP3 player and I soon start singing along to the songs.

(Play the song now)

(Naruto sings)

You told me, when you told me, not to write a song about it. But then again I also asked you to be loyal

You were everything that I was ever afraid of,
But against my better judgement I went ahead and fell in love,
You gave me the world,
I gave you my trust,
I invested in you,
You invested in us,
Who would've known you'd hurt me so much.
Because just one night you decided,
That you go ahead and confide in another love,
Undercover, under the sheets.
I'm glad that you told me the truth, but I hate that you said I love you right after you told me
Why do you do what you do

I'm feeling worthless (I'm feeling worthless)
I don't deserve this at all,
I'm feeling worthless (I'm feeling worthless)
Because you decided to fall
Back on your promise of us,
Back on on your promise of trust,
Oh I hate you now so damn much,
I'm feeling worthless (I'm feeling worthless)

Now a days when I look in the mirror,
What I hate couldn't be any clearer,
I don't like what I see, shit, I don't like me,
You used to like me a lot,
Until that one night that you forgot,
That I-I-I, that I was worth anything.

I'm feeling worthless (I'm feeling worthless)
I don't deserve this at all,
I'm feeling worthless (I'm feeling worthless)
Because you decided to fall
Back on your promise of us,
Back on on your promise of trust,
Oh I hate you now so damn much,
I'm feeling worthless

I'm feeling worthless (I'm feeling worthless)
I don't deserve this (I don't deserve this)
I'm feeling worthless (I'm feeling worthless)

-xXx-

Not long after I get home but sasuke isn't there yet, so as I wait for him to get here I get my note pad and guitar and start writing a song. I do that sometimes when I'm not buskin after school or on my day off. Soon there a knock on my door and I know who it is.

"Sorry I'm a little late I had to tell my brother were I was going."

"Thats okay, come on in."

"Is it alright if my driver come in to, it the person I was with last night."

"Sure you go get him, I'll leave the door open as I go get us something to drink. What would you both like?"

"Cola for me and lemonade for my driver if you have it."

"I do, see you in a minute."

"Sure be right back."

I leave the door open a bit for them while I go get the drinks. I hear the door closed and say, 'Living room is though the door on the right, bathroom door on the left of the front door, make yourself at home. I know its not much like your used to.'

"Its fine, don't worry about it." (S)

"It maybe small but it has a homely feel to it." (K)

"I wouldn't know I'm not here most of the time because of school and work."

I make my way into the living room as I'm saying that and I put the drinks on the table.

"So what would you like my help with Sasuke. I don't have long as I start work at six."

"Thats fine we can work on it over the next few days if thats alright." (S)

"It is but I still don't understand what you need my help with."

"I have always had a little trouble writing song that show of a singers voice and I was wondering with your help that I would be able too. Your voice can do just that, every emotion you feel shows in your voice and yet it doesn't effect it at all. Yesterday as you were singing everyone around you could feel what you were feeling even me. That is something I've never been able to do, so hopefully with your help I can write a song to show all that and more." (S)

"I will help you if you think it will help you get the song how you hope too."

"You will also get co-writing credit." (K)

"No its fine I'll help you write it but only your name will be on it."

"Why?" (S)

"Because I know who your record label belongs too and if my surname appears they may think someone is trying to use it to get money from them."

"We could still use your first name just use another for your surname." (K)

"It wouldn't feel right if you did, I like my name even if they don't know who I am."

"I understand, but I would still like your name on it as I would feel wrong just having mine on it." (S)

"Let me think about it and I'll let you know when its finished is that alright."

"Yes." (S)

"Okay. I also have to get ready for my shift so if you'll excuse me for a while."

"Sure." (K,S)

I when into the bathroom after getting my clothes to have a shower and get ready for work. I get a quick shower as I had one that morning so I didn't have to wash my hair but still I like smelling nice for work. After getting dress I leave the bathroom and I'm about to leave when I hear, 'would you like a lift to work.' (K)

"If its not to much trouble."

"Not at all ready when you are." (S)

"Alright lets go."

They walk over to the car while I lock my front door before making my way over to it and getting in the back with Sasuke.

It doesn't take long to get to work because of them giving me a lift. As soon as the car starts sasuke starts talking to me about the song.

"I want it to be a duo." (S)

"So is it a song for your group or someone else."

"Its for the group." (S)

"So who will the other person be as it will help me in writing it unless its someone I've not heard off."

"I don't know yet but I was thinking you. I know how you feel about not wanting them to know but I feel if you sing it with me it will turn out the way I want it too." (S)

"I'll let you know about that after the song is finished."

"Thats alright, just tell us when your ready." (S)

Not long after we pulled up and I got out and turned to say bye to them before going into work.

-xXx-

Sasuke POV

I hope he says yes to both because I really do want him to sing it with me. I want to be more but until he gets to know me and me him I will be friends with him. I think I fell in love with him before I saw him, his voice was so perfect and when I saw him that was it for me. I fell in love.

That night after the concert what well and I could see okasan dancing along with every one else and singing every now and then. I didn't see naruto that night as I would see him over the next few days while we work on the song together and hopefully after its finish I can get him to come to the studio so we could sing it and record it together as a single. Then maybe he will join us but that may take a while so until then I will wait until hes ready.

Over the next few days we start working on the song and it starts taking shape and just hearing him sing I know I want it to be the song we sing together. So as I get it the car with Kurama along with song music paper, my guitar and keyboard in case we need them before making our way to his house.

We are their about five minutes before he is and I soon hear him coming down the street singing.

(You don't have to play it as its only the end he hears him sing.)

It was another song that just showed what his voice could do even if it was just the ending of it you could still hear it, the pain, sorrow and every other emotion we feel.

"Wow is that him singing." (K)

"Yes told you he could sing and give me a run for my money." (S)

"You were right we need to get him in the studio so we can record it." (K)

"We will lets just get this song wrote and when its done I will ask him to come so he can hear it and hopefully sing it with me." (S)

"I hope it works." (K)

"So do I." (S)

When he is about to walk passed I get out the car with my guitar and Kurama with the keyboard.

"Hey Naruto are you ready for us to work on the song." (S)

"Sure come on in both of you I'll be right with you when I get changed out of my uniform then I'll get you both a drink. Will it be the same as yesterday or something different."

"The same thanks, you Kurama." (S)

"Yes please." (K)

We only after wait about ten minute before he is putting a drink on the table for us and while we waited I set up the keyboard ready.

"I hope you don't mind I started on it before going to school this morning so I'll play a little and let me know what you think alright." (N)

"Sure." (S)

I can't wait to see what he has so far.

(Naruto)

When you hold me in the street
And you kiss me on the dance floor
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that?
'Cause I'm yours

We keep behind closed doors

Every time I see you, I die a little more

Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls
It'll never be enough

"That all I have so far but I fell its missing something maybe the keyboard will help us find it." (N)

I stand and start playing it and we soon find whats missing so we work on it until it time for him to go to work.

(naruto)
It's obvious you're meant for me
Every piece of you, it just fits perfectly
Every second, every thought, I'm in so deep
But I'll never show it on my face

But we know this
We got a love that is homeless

(chorus)
Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours

I really feel like its coming along and hopefully tomorrow we can finish it and if needed make a few of adjustments to it but for me I feel it won't need any.

"It coming along great, I was wondering have you always wrote songs or is it something you have only start recently." (S)

"I have been writing for years I have even sung some while I have been buskin and they seem to like them. I have note books full of them I'll show them to you another time if you like." (N)

"Sure I'd like that alot." (S)

"Anyway I'd better get to work I'm in the kitchen tonight so I can dress like I am now." (N)

"So you're not always serving then." (K)

"No a couple of nights a week I work just in the kitchen the other few I serve the customers, then Sunday is my day off. Thats the day I do what I need to as its the only free day I get. Then when I'm done I write songs or go buskin but most of the time I write." (N)

"Well we will drop you off. Is it alright if I leave my guitar and keyboard here as it will be better that way then keep bringing them everyday till the song is finished." (S)

"Sure just leave them were they are and if it okay may I play it as I may add more tomorrow before school." (N)

"Sure knock yourself out." (S)

"Thanks." (N)

"No problem, now lets get you to work."(S)

After we drop him off I go home as we don't have a gig tonight so I'm free. I go into the music room along with the song we have so far and add little bits to it which I will play for him tomorrow.

"Is that a new song your working on ototo." (I)

"No you remember the person I told you about the other night it a song I'm working on with him and so far I think its coming along pretty good and we will be working on it again tomorrow then maybe once its finish we can recorded it."

"Well from what I have heard so far its really good. Will it just be you singing it or?" (I)

"I was hoping I could get him to sing it with me but I want to see how it turns out first and if its good then I'll bring him to the studio Sunday." (S)

"You want me to get all the other there or will it be just you two?" (I)

"Get the others to come too as I would like them to hear him singing it." (S)

"I'll let the other know." (I)

"Thanks get there about 3 pm all of you." (S)

"Will do." (I)

After Itachi left I wrote a little more before going bed for the night looking forward to seeing my blonde tomorrow.

-xXx-

Naruto POV

I feel the song is coming along great and as I add a little more before going to school I think to myself it would sound great as a duo and for some reason I feel me and Sasuke singing it together would be the right call but I don't think that will happen but if it did than all the better.

Throughout the day the song keeps going round in my head along with mine and Sasuke voice.

I'm glad when school is over and as I'm walking home I put on my MP3 like everyday on the way and home from school. Soon I start singing along like always.

(Naruto sings)

Remember all the things we wanted
Now all our memories, they're haunted
We were always meant to say goodbye

Even with our fists held high
It never would have worked out right
We were never meant for "do or die"

I didn't want us to burn out
I didn't come here to hurt you now
I can't stop

I want you to know
That it doesn't matter
Where we take this road
Someone's gotta go

And I want you to know
You couldn't have loved me better
But I want you to move on
So I'm already gone

Looking at you makes it harder
But I know that you'll find another
That doesn't always make you wanna cry

Started with the perfect kiss then
We could feel the poison set in
"Perfect" couldn't keep this love alive

You know that I love you so
I love you enough to let you go

I want you to know
That it doesn't matter
Where we take this road
Someone's gotta go

And I want you to know
You couldn't have loved me better
But I want you to move on
So I'm already gone

I'm already gone, I'm already gone
You can't make it feel right
When you know that it's wrong

I'm already gone, already gone
There's no moving on
So I'm already gone

Ah, already gone, already gone, already gone

Remember all the things we wanted
Now all our memories, they're haunted
We were always meant to say goodbye

~~~~~

Soon I'm home and sasuke is waiting for me again so I tell them I'll be right with them after changing and getting them each a drink.

Soon we are back to working on the song and what surprised me is sasuke work on it last night so we showed each other what we had and it was almost the some with just a few lines that were different, so we both played each one before agreeing that we would use both but keep the lines that I wrote as he said they sounded better then his and from there we continued until I had to get ready for work.

[Sasuke:]
When you're with him, do you call his name
Like you do when you're with me? Does it feel the same?
Would you leave if I was ready to settle down
Or would you play it safe and stay?

Boy, you know this
We got a love that is hopeless

(chorus)(both)
Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours

(both)
(S) And nobody knows I'm in love with someone's baby
(N) I don't wanna hide us away
(S) Tell the world about the love we're making
(N) I'm living for that day
(B) Someday

We should be finished it by tomorrow after school then we will sing it and see how it sound finish.

(time-skip)

After work I do my homework before having a shower and going bed for the night thinking to myself I can't wait until its finished it and hear what it sounds like with it all together and not just in bits and bobs, with me and sasuke singing it together.

When I get home Sasuke is waiting for me again and hopefully we will finish the song and sing it to see how it sounds.

(chorus)
(S) Why can't I hold you in the street?
(S) Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
(N) I wish that we could be like that
(N) Why can't we be like that?
(N)'Cause I'm yours, I'm yours

(both) Oh, why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that?
'Cause I'm yours

Why can't I say that I'm in love?
I wanna shout it from the rooftop
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours

(Naruto)
Why can't we be like that?
Wish we could be like that

We continue until about 40 minute before I have to get ready and leave for work but before I do we sing it and I think it sound great and so does he and Kurama. As tomorrow is Saturday I work most of the day but before I go work I busk for a bit then go home change and go work. I won't be seeing sasuke today but he told me he would come Sunday about 1 pm and take me somewhere for us to sing our song and see what it sound like being sung in a recording studio. He also said that if it sounded good enough we would record it together.

I'm really looking forward to it but I'm also scared as its my otosan studio and if he drops by trouble may start because I look so much like him with some of my okasan mixed in. Mostly I take after him. So I just hope he doesn't drop by at all on Sunday.

-xXx-

3659 words

Song list:
Worthless by Nightcore
Piece by Piece by Kelly Clarkson
Already gone by Kelly Clarkson

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 500 9
Before you start this story you need to know eleven things: 1. Itachi is Shisui's property. 2. Sasuke owns Naruto Uzumaki. 3. Kakashi belongs to Obi...
1.1K 43 12
My purpose for life changed when I saw Naruto. He was resting on the end of my hospital bed. Colors rushed back in my life. His bright blonde hair an...
40.6K 2.4K 46
-CURRENT ARC: Chunin Exams\/ (Chapters 41 - N/A) [Prologue: 1 - 23 Team Assignment: 24 - 28 Land of Waves: 29 - 34 Pre-Chunin Exams: 35 - 40] This is...
136K 2.7K 43
"Why should I apologize for being a monster? Has anyone ever apologized for turning me into one?" Ever since his birth, Naruto always tried to keep...