The Girl Next Door (DISCONTIN...

By deeheexo

Hunter Evans, the popular guy in school, the captain of the soccer team, the guy which girls would die to eve... More

The Girl Next Door
Buddy
Don't call me babe
Heads down, thumbs up
Ekka virgin
Busted
Room 558
Marco Polo
Unexpected Understanding

A wimp, huh?

1.6K 31 12
By deeheexo

A/N Yes, this chapter is early but only because you guys are awesome :) I wrote this chapter so it's probably boring and it hasn't been edited so don't judge! I know it's not very long but I tried my best to make it and as long as possible :L

I hope you guys enjoy it! Please leave a comment to let us know what you think and vote if you liked it :) 

I would like to thank everyone who commented and voted on the previous chapters, you guys are awesome and I love you all :) 

There's a picture of Jai and the song Hunter was listening to somewhere on the side ------>

Anyways, enjoy! 

#Eyebrows

Hunter’s POV

The whistle blew.

“That’s it’s for tonight, I’ll see you boys on Thursday.” Coach said.

The boys went back to the locker room whilst I sat on the grass still.

I heard footsteps from behind me.

“You coming, man?” Jesse said. I knew it was him from his voice. I sighed.

“Nah, I think I’m going to stay for a bit and work on my moves.” I stood up.

“Uh, okay. I’ll see you tomorrow then, yeah?” I nodded.

I put my head phones in and looked directly at the goal. The song which was playing was 'Feel the love' by Rudimental. It was what got me pumped up whilst training, which was a good thing, especially with the finals in two weeks.

I dribbled the ball down the field pretending to dodge people and adding a few moves here and there. I reached the goal in no time and booted the ball straight in the middle. I lifted the bottom of my shirt and placed it over my face and ran around with my hands fist pumping the air, pretending the crowd was cheering for me.

Just then, my iPod went flat, only half way through the song.

“Hey, handsome.” Someone said flirtatiously. I yanked my shirt down and turned around to see Julia walking towards me with the soccer ball which I had been using.

“Hey,” Usually I would smile but for some reason, this time I didn’t.

I couldn’t get my mind off Amber.

“Do you want to go get drink or something?” She asked throwing the ball towards to me. I caught it and placed it on the ground so that my foot was rested on it.

“Uh, I can’t-” I started to say but was interrupted.

“You never hang out with me anymore!” She pouted.

“We hung out last night.” I said raising my eyebrows. She took a step closer placing her hand on my chest.

“Oh, please Hunter, for me?” She gave me the puppy dog eyes. How could I say no to that face?

“Fine, I’ll see you in 5.” I said walking towards the locker rooms.

 **

We arrived at 'The Coffee Guy' which had the most amazing ice cream, coffee, milkshakes and cakes you would ever taste. I ordered a frappe, whilst Julia ordered strawberry ice cream.

“Jesse is such a good mate,” Julia said licking into her ice cream. “I was having some trouble with my biology and he helped me.”

“That’s good.” I sucked through the straw. “He was really angry before training, he said it was because he was struggling with maths, but now I know you were the cause." I laughed.

"What do you mean?" She hesitantly asked.

"Nah, I was joking, but he's not like that, I think something is up."

“Really? Like what?” She licked her ice cream.

“I don’t know, but I’ll find out.”

My phone buzzed.

“Hello?” I said through the phone.

“Hey,” It was John, my step dad. He married my mum nine years ago when I was seven, four years after my dad passed away. “When are you going to be home?” He said.

“Uh, not sure, why?” I asked scratching my head.

“Well make sure to be home soon because Amber is there looking after your brother, we’ll be home Wednesday morning.” Amber was there?

“Okay, I’ll be home soon, have fun.” I hung up.

“Who was that?” Julia asked quickly.

“Just John,” I didn’t call him dad; I would never dare to either. No one could replace my dad. “He said I should get home soon-“

“No,” she interrupted again. “You can’t go now, we only just got here.” I half smiled.

“I’m not going yet, we can hang out for a couple more hours.”

“Good.” She leaned in over the table and gave me a peck on the lips.

As much as I wanted to go home to see Amber, I couldn’t. I was with my girlfriend. She came first over everyone except my mother, Jai and Jesse.

 **

After we had finished, we went for a walk down the road to a park. There was a larger oak tree where we sat under. I leaned on the trunk of the tree, whilst Julia sat next to me leaning into my chest. I played with her hair as we sat in silence. All I could think about was Amber. I don’t really understand why though, I already had a girlfriend and I was happy with her…I think.

“Hunter?” Julia said ever so quietly.

“Yeah?” I whispered.

“You know I love you no matter what happens, right?” She said tilting her head up towards me.

“Yeah,” I smiled. “I know, and I love you no matter what happens too,” I said kissing her forehead. She sighed. “What’s wrong?” Something was up.

“N-nothing,” she stuttered. “Can you take me home, please?”

Yes, something was definitely up.

 **

I took Julia home and started to walk to my house hoping that Amber would still be up. Kicking my soccer ball down the path, I started to think. Think about what could possibly be up with Jesse and why he would be so angry; it couldn’t have been because of maths. I had to find out and I will, sooner or later. But then there’s Julia, what could she be upset about? She told me she loved me all the time, but why would she say no matter what happens? What happened? Or is going to happen? This was driving me crazy. I need to find out.

 Once I arrived at home, I took a deep breath. I rattled my keys and unlocked the door. The smell of sweet chili hit my nostrils. I walked over to the stove where a wok was. I opened the lid to see a stew of chicken, peas and potatoes soaked in sweet chili sauce. I closed the lid and walked upstairs.

I walked into my room and dived into my bed. I checked my phone to see what time it was. 7:58pm, it read. I forced myself to get up off my bed to check up on Jai. I walked out towards Jai’s room, opening the door ever so quietly as he could have been asleep.

I saw Amber picking up some of Jai’s clothes from the ground and placing them into a basket. Ah, just like me, clothes all over the ground. Jai was sound asleep at now, 8:00pm. How did she do it? I had no idea. Usually he would be sleeping at 9:00pm as he would whinge that he was a big boy now. But an hour early? She was definitely amazing.  

“Hey, when you’re done with that, you can come do my room.” I joked. She frowned as she looked up at me.

“Shush! He’s sleeping. Get out.” She ordered. She was so adorable when she got angry.

“Thanks for the food, by the way. It smells delicious.”

I assumed it was her who made it as no one else was home that could cook apart from her. Even when we were young, she was always the one cooking. She used to help my mum in the kitchen even if it was to take out the plates or taste the food. She would always be watching.

“Whatever,” She stood up straight. “Do you have any dirty clothes?” I smiled and took off my shirt.

“Yeah,” I threw it at her. Her eyes widened at what I had just done. “And the rest are in my room.” I said walking out laughing.

I went to my room and placed a clean shirt on with some boxers. I had already showered in the locker rooms so I didn’t have to tonight. I then went down stairs to go and eat some dinner. There was also some rice which made it ten times more delicious. I sat there eating my food as I heard footsteps come down stairs. I looked towards the stairs to see Amber coming down. Well who else could it have been? It was just her and I awake. She didn’t say a word nor look at me as she walked past.

“Oh, how was your day Hunter? It was great, thanks for asking, Amber.” I said sarcastically. She turned and looked at me.

“Why are you talking to yourself?” She raised an eyebrow. I smiled.

“I’m not, I’m talking to you.” She rolled her eyes, turning her body around in the direction she was going and continued walking.

 **

After dinner, I went to watch some late night cartoons like I did on most nights. Yes, I was sixteen, but hey, you can never be too old for cartoons.

Amber then came back down stairs holding a towel. She walked outside towards the pool. I watched as she took off her shirt and pants, only leaving her bikini on. It was freezing outside. This girl was definitely crazy. I got up and walked outside to where she was. She was in the pool by then.

“You’re crazy,” I said leaning on the gate around the pool. “It’s freezing.”

“Only wimps would say that.” She said smiling harshly.

I raised my eyebrows and took off my shirt only leaving my boxers on and opened the gate walking towards the pool. I stood up on the edge of the pool looking down at the water. I placed a toe in the water testing how cold it was. Freezing. I sat down, letting my legs hang into the water. I slid slowly inside trying to keep a straight face, when really all I wanted to do was run inside and snuggle in my bed. Yes, I did just say that.

The water was beyond freezing. My body was now into the water only leaving my head up to the surface. I tiptoed towards Amber.

“A wimp, huh?” I said not far from her.

“Whatever,” she said sinking her head underwater and then back up. She looked so good doing that. “Why are you talking to me all of a sudden?” She asked.

“Honestly,” I came closer. “I don’t really know, I guess I just miss you.”

“You missed me? It took six years for you to miss me?” I came even closer.

“Why? When did you start missing me?” I asked only about thirty centimetres away.

“Does it matter?”

“Yes.” I replied quickly.

“You’re going to think I’m a freak, but you were my first friend and my best friend. I started to miss you the week after you told me we couldn’t be friends anymore.”

“Really?” I came even closer than before.

“Yes, really.” She said.

“I’m sorry,” I said feeling bad. “I had no idea.”

“Well of course you didn’t. You had Miss Bimbo controlling you.”

“She’s not a bimbo.” I clarified.

“Whatever,” She said rolling her eyes. “I don’t care anymore. I hope the two of you are happy,” Giving a fake smile. “You two are perfect; a jerk and a bitch.”

“I’ll take that.” I said smiling. “So are you going to the Ekka?” I said changing the subject.

The Ekka was a carnival which happened for two weeks every year. I never personally went because Julia never wanted to. She said she was too scared she might get sick by something. In reality she was just scared of heights like I was. So we never went.

“I take your little brother every year, what makes you think I’ll stop now?” She said.

“I don’t know, I was just asking,” I said. “Would it be okay if I maybe, you know, tagged along?”

“What about Julia? Why aren’t you taking her?” She asked tilting her head.

“She never wants to go.” I replied.

“Wouldn’t she kill you if she found out you were hanging out with me?”

“No, besides, I’ve never been and I need someone to show me where to go, so even if I did go with her, we’d probably get lost.” I laughed slightly.

“Well I’m going with Marco. You’re going to have to ask Jai if you want to come.” Marco? Who’s Marco?

“Who’s Marco?” I asked curiously.

“Are we like invincible to you or something?” She said looking upset. “Marco, the guy I’m always with at school,” I frowned in confusion. “The gay one…” She whispered loud enough for me to still hear.

“Oh,” I said very loudly. “Him,” I laughed. “For a moment there, I thought you had a boyfriend.” I said still laughing. Thank God she didn’t.

“Oh, so you think I can’t get a boyfriend?” She said sounding very annoyed.

“No, no, I never said that. I just didn’t think you had one. I mean, don’t get me wrong, anyone would be lucky to have you, believe me.” I said only inches away from her face now.

She looked me in the eyes with her beautiful, brown, dreamy eyes. At that point all I wanted to do was kiss her. With us being so close like this, it was meant to be, right?

I closed my eyes and parted my lips, leaning in closer to her face. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

954 116 16
" "You truly bring out the worst in me" he whispered seductively as his teeth nipped the lobe of my ear, what bliss madness had I gotten myself into...
188K 6.4K 110
The phone started to ring, I got in and then picked up thinking it was dad. "Hello daddy" I answered. "Oh you've never called me daddy before, I have...
1.2K 23 52
Victoria, Leigh, Crystal, Saira, and Joselyn are friends who have known each other since grade school. They've had big dreams and now have even bigge...
111K 6.4K 45
*BOOK FOUR IN THE RECKLESS LOVE SERIES* Hunter Walker has been single for three and a half years after his last girlfriend ended up being in love wit...